The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #76
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,110
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
This! Durant is a good player but he is not what people are hyping him up to be. I've heard people argue that its him and LeBron and everyone else but I'm sorry, its LeBron and everyone else. I think the playoffs showed just how close he and Melo are.
IMO, KD was never better than Carmelo offensively (or period really) as far as dynamic ability & skills, he just plays a smarter & more efficient game because he's a lot more passive and gets 8-10 calls a game on the perimeter (somehow) that keep his scoring average high.

But he's just a jumpshooter, a tremendous one, but that's about it. Dirk didn't win until he developed a post game and Durant won't either until he does the same. It really comes down to likeability, and because KD comes off as the humble antithesis to Lebron, he gets a lot of passes in the media. CP3 as well, for someone heralded as the best PG basically since he's been in the league, he's done remarkably less than most superstars of his perceived talent in the postseason, with no backlash. Yet. That's about to change however...

__________________
"Sometimes I do shoot too much. It's not because I see you open and don't want to pass. I don't see you at all."
-
Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather


"
White people give him the same compliments: 'He speaks so well! 'He speaks so well' is not a compliment, okay? 'He speaks so well' is some **** you say about retarded people that can talk."
-
Chris Rock
Doc Samson is offline  
Old 07-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #77
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 66,856
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Less? CP3 has shown, on numerous occasions that he's the best PG in the league. Putting teams on his back and carrying them farther than they ever would have without him. His problem is that he never really had any help. Hell, he still doesn't have any help.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty
Anubis is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #78
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,280
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
IMO, KD was never better than Carmelo offensively (or period really) as far as dynamic ability & skills, he just plays a smarter & more efficient game because he's a lot more passive and gets 8-10 calls a game on the perimeter (somehow) that keep his scoring average high.

But he's just a jumpshooter, a tremendous one, but that's about it. Dirk didn't win until he developed a post game and Durant won't either until he does the same. It really comes down to likeability, and because KD comes off as the humble antithesis to Lebron, he gets a lot of passes in the media. CP3 as well, for someone heralded as the best PG basically since he's been in the league, he's done remarkably less than most superstars of his perceived talent in the postseason, with no backlash. Yet. That's about to change however...
I've always said I thought Melo was the better player, especially on offense but people tend to believe the hype so I just stopped arguing about it. But you're right, Durant is a glorified jump shooter and when Westbrook and Harden were out, it exposed him moreso on how much his game is kinda limited.

__________________
Philadelphia 76ers fans keep the faith!! #RigginforWiggins!! Coming from a Knicks fan. LMAO!
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #79
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,280
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Less? CP3 has shown, on numerous occasions that he's the best PG in the league. Putting teams on his back and carrying them farther than they ever would have without him. His problem is that he never really had any help. Hell, he still doesn't have any help.
Yeah in the regular season. People kill Melo for only making it to the second round twice but isn't that how many times Chris Paul has made it as well? Not sure off the top of my head but he hasn't made it there often.

__________________
Philadelphia 76ers fans keep the faith!! #RigginforWiggins!! Coming from a Knicks fan. LMAO!
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #80
Nell2ThaIzzay
*****
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,011
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Could be worse.

Could be Tracy McGrady who needs to ring chase just to get out of the 1st round.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #81
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,280
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Could be worse.

Could be Tracy McGrady who needs to ring chase just to get out of the 1st round.
So did LeBron.

__________________
Philadelphia 76ers fans keep the faith!! #RigginforWiggins!! Coming from a Knicks fan. LMAO!
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #82
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,341
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Uh Lebron got out of the first round routinely. >.>

Please just stop.

__________________
Marvel/DC:
2014 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Guardians of the Galaxy
2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron | The Fantastic Four | Ant-Man
2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #83
SolarTiger
Side-Kick
 
SolarTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,109
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Melo has a more versatile offensive game than KD, as he can play in the post very effectively. However, KD is much more efficient and more reliable from longer ranges. They both score about 27-30 ppg, but Melo for all his strengths struggles when it comes to finishing at the rim. He gets blocked or just doesn't stick those shots. KD can shoot from 3, but also finish at the rim with a ferocious dunk or a sweet little layup. KD also knows how to work the refs better and get 8-10 FTs a game easy.

SolarTiger is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #84
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,110
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Less? CP3 has shown, on numerous occasions that he's the best PG in the league. Putting teams on his back and carrying them farther than they ever would have without him. His problem is that he never really had any help. Hell, he still doesn't have any help.
Tyson Chandler, David West, Carl Landry, Jarret Jack, Peja, Ariza, Okafor, Belinelli, he had something to work with, they won like 50 games one season and still lost in the first round. As the PG it's your job to maximize that talent.

And I've said before that I believe Rondo to be at least his peer as a pure PG. No he can't shoot as good but Rondo has averaged more assists the past three years, he's a better rebounder, he easily has better postseason play as he's up there with Lebron & Magic all-time for triple doubles in the playoffs & you can't do that if you can't manage to score somewhat consistently.

I think it's another situation of likeability, just like with KD vs Melo. Rondo has this reputation of being a hothead but I haven't seen him do half of the dirty stuff CP gets away with on the court, going all the way back to his groin shot in college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
Melo has a more versatile offensive game than KD, as he can play in the post very effectively. However, KD is much more efficient and more reliable from longer ranges. They both score about 27-30 ppg, but Melo for all his strengths struggles when it comes to finishing at the rim. He gets blocked or just doesn't stick those shots. KD can shoot from 3, but also finish at the rim with a ferocious dunk or a sweet little layup. KD also knows how to work the refs better and get 8-10 FTs a game easy.
Melo's not as athletic but I know sometimes when he's in a jam in the paint he'll purposely just put the ball up on the glass to quick hop the rebound and put it back. I think he does that at least 2-3 times a game. Overall though Melo can post(and has a myriad of moves down there), he can go midrange, he can go long range, he can go off the dribble and pull up or go off the dribble & drive and he's strong enough to corral all those offensive boards. IMO he has the second most creative & dynamic offensive skillset in the league, but he's the most powerful frame-wise at using it...

__________________
"Sometimes I do shoot too much. It's not because I see you open and don't want to pass. I don't see you at all."
-
Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather


"
White people give him the same compliments: 'He speaks so well! 'He speaks so well' is not a compliment, okay? 'He speaks so well' is some **** you say about retarded people that can talk."
-
Chris Rock

Last edited by Doc Samson; 07-13-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Doc Samson is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #85
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,850
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!


Just_Human is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #86
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,180
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Are Dwight and the Rockets going to be criticized for years because they held a pep rally over a signing?

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #87
Mr. Dent
 
Mr. Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,341
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Probably not because he didn't promise not 6, not 7 rings.

__________________
Marvel/DC:
2014 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Guardians of the Galaxy
2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron | The Fantastic Four | Ant-Man
2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #88
JaD
Thriller Night
 
JaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 19,059
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
What a bunch of bandwagon losers.

[/sarcasm]

__________________

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #89
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 13,837
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Are Dwight and the Rockets going to be criticized for years because they held a pep rally over a signing?
Did he come out wearing his uniform with a smoke machine and laser show?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by braincrusher
I can go number one if I have the hole in the front. I can go number 2 if the hole is to the rear. I have been wearing them with the hole to the rear. Is this correct?
#saveWontkinsMom
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 07-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #90
JaD
Thriller Night
 
JaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 19,059
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

No but I see a giant mouse. That's just as extravagant.

__________________

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #91
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 13,837
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Knicks sign Artest with the remaining 1.6M of their mid level exception.

Ugh

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by braincrusher
I can go number one if I have the hole in the front. I can go number 2 if the hole is to the rear. I have been wearing them with the hole to the rear. Is this correct?
#saveWontkinsMom
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #92
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,280
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Which means Melo will be playing the four again, we will get killed on the boards and have a first round exit. You can't make this crap up. Why doesn't Melo just get his fat arse in shape and play the three and start either Bargnani or Amare? Same thing as last year. We have like 8 forwards on the team but we started 3 guards and Woodson wouldn't bend so probably the best shooting forward second to Melo left for a inner division rival.

__________________
Philadelphia 76ers fans keep the faith!! #RigginforWiggins!! Coming from a Knicks fan. LMAO!
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #93
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 66,856
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Why wouldn't Amare start? The wind blew and he broke his arm or something?

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty
Anubis is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #94
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 13,837
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

The matchups favor the Knicks when Melo plays the 4. He and Amare have no chemistry when they're on the floor together. The Knicks are going to have to find a work around until Stat's massive contract is over in 2 years.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by braincrusher
I can go number one if I have the hole in the front. I can go number 2 if the hole is to the rear. I have been wearing them with the hole to the rear. Is this correct?
#saveWontkinsMom
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #95
Anubis
Sup?
 
Anubis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Nile Delta
Posts: 66,856
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

I don't know, I'd try to see if there's any suck...I mean, interest in taking that big ass contract. Certainly next year when it moves into Expiring territory.

__________________
Quote:
"Great, now I have to take over a whole planet because of your stupid boobs."
-Rick from Rick and Morty
Anubis is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #96
SolarTiger
Side-Kick
 
SolarTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,109
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Amare is on a minutes restriction I read. 20 mpg and no b2b games.

SolarTiger is offline  
Old 07-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #97
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,280
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
The matchups favor the Knicks when Melo plays the 4. He and Amare have no chemistry when they're on the floor together. The Knicks are going to have to find a work around until Stat's massive contract is over in 2 years.
I hear people say that all the time but it does not. The Knicks are one of the worse rebounding teams in the league and you rarely see Melo guard who ever is playing the four, he ends up guarding their 3 no matter what. He's almost unstoppable offensively regardless what position he plays but it makes sense for him to play the three, especially since they have so many big guys and they are horrible on the boards. The year that Melo had, it could have actually been better had he played the three.

__________________
Philadelphia 76ers fans keep the faith!! #RigginforWiggins!! Coming from a Knicks fan. LMAO!
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #98
Mister J
El Jefe de la Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Mister J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Aww, isn't that cute ...BUT IT'S WRONG!!!!!
Posts: 35,952
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Miami has used the Amnesty provision on Mike Miller.


__________________
Do you know how many times we've come close to world war three over a flock of geese on a computer screen? Do you know what triggered the last world war? An argument over how many telegraph poles Germany owed its war debt creditors! Telegraph poles! Ha ha ha ha HA! It's all a joke! Everything anybody ever valued or struggled for... it's all a monstrous, demented gag! So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?
Mister J is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #99
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,280
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

That was a waste of an amnesty. He has actually been one of their best players in the Finals when Spo has the common sense to play him. C'mon Knicks! Grab him, but eh. He's probably going to retire now.

__________________
Philadelphia 76ers fans keep the faith!! #RigginforWiggins!! Coming from a Knicks fan. LMAO!
Docker2.0 is offline  
Old 07-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #100
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,110
Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Discussion Thread: The Dwightmare is Over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
Miami has used the Amnesty provision on Mike Miller.
Strange. Granted, he doesn't give much during the regular season, but he was absolutely crucial to Miami getting out of that series with Indy. He also played a huge role in turning the Finals this year (and went crazy in the clincher last year), he's almost as timely as Battier with big shots.

__________________
"Sometimes I do shoot too much. It's not because I see you open and don't want to pass. I don't see you at all."
-
Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather


"
White people give him the same compliments: 'He speaks so well! 'He speaks so well' is not a compliment, okay? 'He speaks so well' is some **** you say about retarded people that can talk."
-
Chris Rock
Doc Samson is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.