The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

Old 07-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
EssayM
Just A Guy

Default Backstories in the reboot: who and how?

It's well known that almost every character in the Batman universe (Robin, the Rogue's Gallery, even Batman himself) has some sort of backstory. Since we can't have them all get their own movie, the question with a reboot is: whose backstory would you include, if any, and how would you convey it (dialogue, flashback, spinoff movie, etc.)?

EssayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
Random490
Side-Kick

Default Re: Backstories in the reboot: who and how?

Should always be dialog or a quick flashback. The only time you need more is if the back story is essential to the film's narrative. While it would be cool to always dig deeper into back stories it's usually unecessary as there are other and sometimes better ways to introduce a character and get an audience to understand them. And spin off movies will likely never happen, Studios won't finance films unless they feel certain they are going to be profitable. They'll never do it just to show a back story. Comic book tie in and novelizations are your best bet for things to be flushed out, If you're lucky there might me a DVD extra short or tv miniseries.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
shauner111
Side-Kick

Dick's origin for sure. Freeze. Nothing for Joker again. That's all I got right now.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
Shamike1218
Side-Kick

There was an old show about a vampire detective called (I think) Forever Knight. The detective would often times see something that reminded him of an event from hundreds of years earlier in his life through the use of flash backs. I always thought it was very effective. Like if Batman saw a certain type of blade or bullet, he could recall from when he was training in Asia and saw the same ammo at the site of a village that had been destroyed and tie that in with Deathstroke. Just as an example.

Shamike1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Dick's origin for sure. Freeze. Nothing for Joker again. That's all I got right now.
I came here to post this.

Those first two characters are who I want to see most in this new universe.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote