The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

Old 08-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
Xak-Ell
Side-Kick

Default if batman were to have a partner in the new series, who would you want it to be?

it doesn't have to be the traditional: batman adopts robin and then he grows up and stuff. it could be like, his assistant is his partner, like in smallville season 11. or the web series nightwing: earth one.

Xak-Ell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:47 AM   #2
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Re: if batman were to have a partner in the new series, who would you want it to be?

I wouldn't mind if they showed batman getting to know robins parents before their accident. He always just turns up and grabs the kid when no-one is looking. If he had a friendship with robins mum for example it would explain why he would be compelled to adopt this kid instead of the dozens of other kids he rescues.

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:35 AM   #3
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Default Re: if batman were to have a partner in the new series, who would you want it to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Rumours View Post
Honestly I think if it is gunna be anyone it HAS to be Dick Grayson. He's such a huge part of the DC Universe and I really think it is an insult to leave him out of the film business. Seriously I wouldn't mind seeing him develop in movie..not as the main character but as the sidekick. Then in a few years there could be a Nightwing film.

http://batmanreboot.blogspot.co.uk/2...in-man-of.html Read that blogpost. I mean obviously some of the shi.t on there is well sh.it. But somone of the stuff on there is are good points. Also I agree with the casting.
Agreed.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Victarion
Cut

Dick Grayson. Use Dark Victory as a template for his story.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I would be up for any of the companions. Or a new one.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #6
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Batgirl. A young Batgirl (14-16) After being a fan of Hitgirl, I'd like to see another female teenager out there kicking villain butts.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Barbara, as Oracle or an Oracle-like role.

No one out helping him fight in the streets or whatever.

Katana is supposed to be his new partner in the animated Beware the Batman tv show and I haven't figured out how I feel about that yet as it's not come together yet.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:41 AM   #8
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Batman Jones

Goshdarn Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #9
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quoted from another thread, I want to see a whole trilogy based primarily on the Robins, giving the new Affleck Batman a more fun and comic book feel than Nolans and allowing for further universe building:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Forget about Joel Schumacher for a minute. Who would like to see a future trilogy based on Batman and his sidekicks? I had a few ideas about how they could do them serious justice on screen and was curious how others might go about it.

Sometime after the Justice League film, starting in lets say... 2018.

Batman and Robin: We see Batman take out some small time crooks. He's in his early 30s. Something happens to him that makes him realize working alone is dangerous. Alfred probably rubs it in. He is then invited to the Flying Graysons show where we all know what happens. A villain like Black Mask is involved. Bruce Wayne adopts young Dick Grayson (14-16). Batman teaches Robin how to fight crime, deal with his anger and eventually overcome his desire for vengeance. Robin's suit would ideally be something like Teen Titans or Young Justice.

Batman and Robin 2: Dick is now aged 18-22 and having differences of opinions with Bruce/Batman. He leaves and becomes Nightwing. Batman knows Nightwing is ready to fight crime solo but refuses to admit it. The Joker returns (for the first time on screen since 2008?) and wreaks havoc in Gotham. Batman takes on a new hot-headed apprentice in Jason Todd (also a teen). He doesn't feel that Jason is ready but needs his help. The movie ends with Jason's apparent death and Batman's doubt in taking on apprentices any longer. Jason's suit is Robin inspired, but more street (sort of like Arkham City?) with a green hoodie and red body armor.

Batman and Robin 3: Another year or two passes. Something like Under the Red Hood where Jason Todd returns angry and vengeful. But we also see Tim Drake as more of a Red Robin type character, obviously inspired by Batman's previous proteges, working independently but helping out despite Batman's orders. Red Hood is the main antagonist. He develops connections that somehow prove to be a challenge for Batman, Nightwing and Red Robin. Whether we see Ra's or Joker in this one is up to the writers.

If they just took it slow with these ones and focused on each robin individually in each film we might see some really cool stuff. Probably save Batgirl/Oracle and Damian Wayne for future sequels. If at all.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #10
Ceb-Man
Side-Kick

I kinda liked what they did with Nightwing in Smallville Season 11, having Nightwing be Batman's partner. Unlike what they did and have Barbara be Nightwing, I would have Dick be Nightwing like in the comics. I could see Dick be a mixture of all the Robins (Dick, Jason, and Tim) and Batman Beyond Terry McGuiness as being a protege or intern at Wayne Enterprises.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #11
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Batgirl. A young Batgirl (14-16) After being a fan of Hitgirl, I'd like to see another female teenager out there kicking villain butts.
That's actually not a bad idea.

I'd like to see Batman with a Robin. Tim is my favorite, but I wouldn't if it were Dick.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:04 AM   #12
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick

Dick Grayson/Robin
At the end of movie #2 Dick moves on to become Nightwing and we'll get Jason Todd - who will be killed by The Joker at the end of #3. Which means that we would get more than a trilogy.

BatmanGoesToRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #13
Mr.?
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Quoted from another thread, I want to see a whole trilogy based primarily on the Robins, giving the new Affleck Batman a more fun and comic book feel than Nolans and allowing for further universe building:
I had a similar idea as well.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Movie 1: Dick Grayson's origin. Bruce takes him in to offer guidance and Bruce trains him how to fight after Dick see's Bruce practicing. Months go by and Dick has become angry and rebellious due to Bruce not being there for him (wrapped up in running Wayne Enterprise and being Batman). Dick runs off at night and tracks down Tony Zucco. Zucco is in the process of robbing someone in an alleyway only to be confronted by Dick. Thanks to training he wipes the floor with Zucco and holds a knife to his throat. He stops himself from killing him and breaks down in tears. Zucco grabs the knife and goes to kill Dick only to be stopped by Batman. Batman brings Dick home and reveals himself as Bruce Wayne. Dick asks to become Batman's partner but Bruce refuses. Movie ends with Batman captured by Joker who orders his thugs to beat Batman to death. Dick appears for the first time as Robin, saving Batman and helping him capture the Joker in the process. Batman agrees to let Robin be his partner.

Movie 2: The two have been partners for a few years now as Dick prepares to go off to college. Dick enjoys helping the people of Gotham but doesn't always agree with Batman's methods of getting the job done. Throughout the movie Robin constantly tests Batman's patience and Batman stubbornly tells him that he knows whats right and Robin can listen to him or stop being his partner. Robin does some solo crime fighting on his own and tracks down a lead about a shipment of drugs that will help him and Batman apprehend the Black Mask. Robin alerts Batman and the two team up and take down the Black Mask. Movie ends with Batman screaming at Robin telling him he could have gotten himself killed going out alone, on the other hand Robin believes he deserves thanks for tracking down the Black Mask. Robin goes to leave but is stopped by Batman and it would play out pretty much like this

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Movie 3: Nightwing movie

Mr.? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #14
smallville fan
Hero

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Chloe Grace Moretz FTW.

BatmanGoesToRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #16
OptimusPrime114
Side-Kick

Robin. As long as it's Dick, Jason or Todd. Stephanie is still Spoiler to me and Damian doesn't exist.

Any of these dudes will do.

Josh Hutcherson (The Hunger Games, Red Dawn 2012)

Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson film series)

Old 10-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #17
Caekzor
Nolanesque

Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

But JGL would play himself and Batman would be really crazy and kidnap him and call him John Blake and make him dress up in the Burt Ward Robin costume.

Caekzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #18
Rorschach2012
$

Obviously Dick Grayson. If this new series leaves Dick Grayson out....what a missed opportunity. You can spin him off in a Nightwing movie or even Teen Titans. Dick Grayson is a must

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #19
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

It should be Dick Grayson, and only Dick Grayson. Even in the comics it's silly how he burns through sidekicks. And of course all of them happen to be dark haired and blue eyed, and look like tiny versions of Bruce.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #20
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

That tickled me, but if Affleck is gonna be in any solo films, I'd rather Tim be Robin, Dick be Nightwing and Jason as the villain.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #21
Travesty
TEOL

Robin John Blake for life.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #22
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Robin John Blake for life.
Hahaha you're a funny man, Travesty

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote