The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 03-21-2014, 01:42 AM   #1
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default X-Men/FF

This could be the mystry film coming july 13 2018.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:07 AM   #2
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Default Re: X-Men/FF

If this is 2013, I would be saying yes to this.

But after the casting announcements with the Fantastic reboot. I kinda lost interest to a cross-over film with XM/FF. Hopefully this will be for the 5th OT cast film!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:27 AM   #3
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I remain optimistic but I don't think they're doing this for the right reason. Marvel united an actual team so it made sense to do so. This is trying to cash in on the connected universe fad, but the characters don't mesh as well as the avengers.

It could be done, if they used franklin as a bridge, but since they're going for UFF I doubt that'd be an option.

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine
CyclopsWasRight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:03 AM   #4
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Hooray for for Fox stepping up their game. Another Mangold Wolverine film is more than welcome.

Hope FF bombs hard to spare us an unnecessary crossover: My first reaction to "mystery project". If Fox wants an event set-up, I'd follow XM:A with X-Force, and then use those new characters in a big battle with Apocalypse in an OT set film after.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:20 AM   #5
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

You ain't kidding henz! I hope they never even film that turd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:26 AM   #6
RikePirado
Pain in the ass.

Keep on hoping.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #7
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Hope FF bombs hard to spare us an unnecessary crossover: My first reaction to "mystery project". If Fox wants an event set-up, I'd follow XM:A with X-Force, and then use those new characters in a big battle with Apocalypse in an OT set film after.

Now that would make sense!

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:36 AM   #8
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If they go this way this Is likely what Bryan Singer mentioned back In august
when he mentioned a Marvel Mesh up idea.

I have suspecsion they would go with OT cast for the X-men In this.

1:This would be coming out as same summer as Avengers 3 and amazing Spider-man 4
2:james Mcavoy,Michael fassbender,Jennifer Lawrence,and Nicholas Hoult's contracts end with Apocalypse
3:Bryan Singer,lauren Shueller Donnor,Hutch Parker,and Simon Kinberg have all
talked about further adventres of OT cast as well as more from FC cast
4:It's a gamble on new actors brought Into Apocalypse if they don't use OT
cast
5:The FF will be based on ultimate FF a more modern day retelling of FF

Old 03-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #9
def28
Side-Kick

Still sounds terrible.

You yourself have said over and over why X-Men should be by themselves through the years and don't need to be mixed with other characters. And Singer said the X-Men have a Universe just as big as Marvel on their own. So why mash them?

It's a complete sell out move that is 100% unnecessary. No one wants that, especially when there is so much to explore with X-Men and F4 by themselves.

Probably not the case, but hopefully Silver Surfer, Deadpool or X-Force will end up holding that date.

Last edited by def28; 03-21-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #10
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If the 2018 film Is indeed X-men/FF then Fox Is jumping on the shared
universe like like Sony with Sinster six film and WB on Superman/Batman film.

possibilts for 2018 film are

1;X-Men/FF film
2:X-men sequel
3:X-force
4:Something else they don't want to say yet.

Old 03-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #11
Sullstar
Side-Kick

Could also be that Gambit film with Channing Tatum that Lauren Shuler Donner wanted to do, but it's unlikely

Sullstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #12
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

In a perfect world, the date would be reserved for X-Force and the FF rights would revert to Marvel.

I think most comic fans are clamoring for an expanded x-universe rather than an awkward FF/X-men crossover.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #13
def28
Side-Kick

Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If the 2018 film Is indeed X-men/FF then Fox Is jumping on the shared
universe like like Sony with Sinster six film and WB on Superman/Batman film.
Everyone is aware of that. The difference is F4 and X-Men don't go together like the other properties. That would be like Sony giving us a Ghost Rider Spider-Man crossover.

They can do crossovers with X-Men among other X related flicks this is just not the way to go about it.

Last edited by def28; 03-21-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #14
universeman
Side-Kick

I agree Yes to X-Force No to X-men/FF also Pixar has a untitled movie coming out in 2018 it may be I2!

Old 03-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #15
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
I think most comic fans are clamoring for an expanded x-universe rather than an awkward FF/X-men crossover.
I don't see how it's awkward. If the do a crossover, they'll have two X-Men movies and two Fantastic four movies setting it up. It'll be planned out not just thrown together with no thought

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine
Old 03-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #16
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
I don't see how it's awkward.
It's awkward cause it would be F4 and X-Men in an unwanted/unnecessary film together.

Last edited by def28; 03-21-2014 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #17
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well a X-men/FF film wouldn't be my choice for 2018 even though I am among the minority here being postive on FF reboot.

I would rather Apocalypse be setup for AOA film with OT cast

Old 03-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #18
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

A crossover wouldn't be something I'd ask for. But if it happens and looks good I'll go to see it.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #19
Loki882
Side-Kick

I'm thinking that it might be Jeff Wadlow's X-Force movie. As for a potential X-Men/FF crossover film, if it's good, then I see no problem with doing it. Calling such a movie "unnecessary" isn't really a valid complaint because NO MOVIE is truly NECESSARY.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #20
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I'm thinking that it might be Jeff Wadlow's X-Force movie. As for a potential X-Men/FF crossover film, if it's good, then I see no problem with doing it. Calling such a movie "unnecessary" isn't really a valid complaint because NO MOVIE is truly NECESSARY.
Not true at all. In the story telling of X-Men the Fantastic Four are not required in any form and vice versa. They have no significant connection. That's why they have pretty much zero major crossovers in the comics.

If they want to crossover characters accordingly and that would benefit eachother then they would be doing that with F4 and Silver Surfer. Or X-Force, Apocalypse, Gambit, Deadpool and Wolverine. There is no reason to bring them into eachother worlds. X-Men do not need them, they have plenty to work with and Fox has yet to prove they can crossover them alone. Work on that first with new characters and teams. That's more important to the their canon and relationships.

This new line up looks just like the films that were being released in the previous decade. They still are not branching out to new properties like Surfer, Gambit and Deadpool which is disappointing. Buy the time 18 years hits for this franchise we should have been introduced to a few new titles without X-Men, Wolverine or F4 in the name.

Last edited by def28; 03-21-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #21
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
This new line up looks just like the films that were being released in the previous decade. They still are not branching out to new properties like Surfer, Gambit and Deadpool which is disappointing.
Sad but true. I wish they'd branch out more. I hope we get an X-Force sooner than later

Old 03-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #22
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
Sad but true. I wish they'd branch out more. I hope we get an X-Force sooner than later
Likewise. I really want to like what Fox are doing to their properties. But they just are not taking risks on new properties and have had plenty of time to do so. Be it a TV show or something.

Last edited by def28; 03-21-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #23
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Secret Wars?

Dasher10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:53 PM   #24
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Not true at all. In the story telling of X-Men the Fantastic Four are not required in any form and vice versa. They have no significant connection. That's why they have pretty much zero major crossovers in the comics.

If they want to crossover characters accordingly and that would benefit eachother then they would be doing that with F4 and Silver Surfer. Or X-Force, Apocalypse, Gambit, Deadpool and Wolverine. There is no reason to bring them into eachother worlds. X-Men do not need them, they have plenty to work with and Fox has yet to prove they can crossover them alone. Work on that first with new characters and teams. That's more important to the their canon and relationships.

This new line up looks just like the films that were being released in the previous decade. They still are not branching out to new properties like Surfer, Gambit and Deadpool which is disappointing. Buy the time 18 years hits for this franchise we should have been introduced to a few new titles without X-Men, Wolverine or F4 in the name.
And my response to that is simple, so freaking what? There's no real connection between them in the comics, big freaking deal. As some people need to be reminded, this is not the comics, this is the film universe. Just because something hasn't been done in the comics DOES NOT mean that it cannot be done in the movies, and done well (or vice versa). Sorry, but I'm never going to agree with the ridiculous pessimism when it comes to this possibility as it makes exactly ZERO sense to me. Then again, CB fans being knee-jerk pessimists is something that doesn't surprise me in the slightest anymore, it always happens.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #25
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
And my response to that is simple, so freaking what? There's no real connection between them in the comics, big freaking deal. As some people need to be reminded, this is not the comics, this is the film universe. Just because something hasn't been done in the comics DOES NOT mean that it cannot be done in the movies, and done well (or vice versa). Sorry, but I'm never going to agree with the ridiculous pessimism when it comes to this possibility as it makes exactly ZERO sense to me. Then again, CB fans being knee-jerk pessimists is something that doesn't surprise me in the slightest anymore, it always happens.
Just accepting anything and not seeing the bigger picture of an unwarranted crossover makes zero sense to me.

I don't give two ****s if things are different then the comics, as long as it's a good decision. Otherwise I would have been bashing the hell out of First Class. The F4 are not important to the X-Men, and never have been for a reason. They don't need to be in a force fed studio attempt to cash in on a trend just because. They have better options here. I'm not gonna just accept anything dished out to me by a studio so they can make a buck when they could be brining other more connected and important characters to the screen.

Notice that most the X-Men fans here are not too keen on the idea. There's a reason for that. The X-Men have enough problems on their own getting screen time. No one is asking for the F4 to take more away from them when they simply don't belong. Doesn't make them knee-jerk pessimists. People are allowed to think this idea is BS and not be sheep. There is a such thing as a bad idea. If the X-Men were more directly connected to the F4, there would be a more positive reaction. But they are not, and therefore not needed at all in the story telling taking development away from other X-Men.

Very few are asking for this film.

Last edited by def28; 03-21-2014 at 09:35 PM.