The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 07-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #326
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

Should get a betting pool together for who the five will be, with the over-under changing as new info comes out. Personally I think it'll be six (five, then one gets killed off and replaced through the course of the movie). As or right now I'd say:

Wolvie, Warpath, Wolfsbane/Feral, Nightcrawler, Angel

With one of those being killed off and replaced with Domino

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps

2014 Reviews: JACK RYAN: SHADOW RECRUIT [★☆☆] / THE LEGO MOVIE [★★★★] / ROBOCOP [★★☆☆]
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #327
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wolverine View Post
Do you think that Hugh Jackman would come back for the X-Force film or should they just keep him out?

I was a big X-Force comic fan when I was a kid and felt that Wolverine was an important part to the series.

Cable is a MUST
Yup he's must, but the real Cable, Nathan not Logan.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:47 AM   #328
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Not really a must. They could use him as a perpetual time jumper, popping in and out of various films. Or even as X-Force's version of Prof X. Nothing is set in stone, it's the movie-verse not the comics.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps

2014 Reviews: JACK RYAN: SHADOW RECRUIT [★☆☆] / THE LEGO MOVIE [★★★★] / ROBOCOP [★★☆☆]
Old 07-25-2013, 01:11 AM   #329
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If cable Is in film expect some changes.Cable Is too convuled for straight adaptian.I expect
no talk of his parents being brought up.He Is my money on going to be mysteras as he
was when Liefeld created him.Cable being Cyclops' son sent to future was not part of oriignal creation.I just don't see them going from DOFP to another film with time travel.Plus remember It was awhile in original X-Force that It was revealed cable came from future.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #330
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Yeah not to mention that if he's not handled right (over powered) he's a living deux ex machina. The answer to every problem is "why doesn't he just time jump"

Old 07-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #331
Project862006
Banned User

imo deadpool,domino,and cable are a must the other 2 you can pick and choose

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #332
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I see X-23 involved for sure-- and on that note, Feral would be redundant. They can get a "Wolverine" without spending money on Hugh Jackman. They will of course have Cable. Beyond that, I guess the team breakdown will be 3 men, two women. Domino may be included for the sake of having a Black Widow analog-- and what exactly were her powers to begin with?

If the focus is on "black ops friendly" characters, I'm not sure where that leaves Cannonball and others with more flashy/loud powers.

I wouldn't mind seeing Sunspot's powers depicted.

Who knows if Fox might be hesitant to pull the trigger on a Deadpool movie now that RIPD has more or less tanked. They might say just to include him in X-Force to test the waters (again).

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #333
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I'd be fine if they didn't mention that Cable is Scott & Jean's son from the future - that is just too much and over the top for a movie to have to explain.

Quote:
Domino may be included for the sake of having a Black Widow analog-- and what exactly were her powers to begin with?
Per Wikipedia:

"Domino is a mutant with the ability to subconsciously and psionically initiate random telekinetic acts that affect probability in her favor by making improbable (but not impossible) things to occur within her line of sight, thus causing her to have "good luck" and her opponents to have "bad luck." This "probability field" phenomenon can be anything from an enemy's equipment failure to hitting just the right switch with a stray shot to shut down an overloading nuclear reactor. The full extent of her powers is still unknown.

This subconsciously controlled talent is triggered when she is in a stressful situation (such as fighting or escaping). This effect constantly emanates from her body at all times and is completely subconscious. However, it is also largely participatory—in order for the luck to take effect, Domino herself must engage in an action whose chance she can affect.

For example, if debris falling from the sky was about to hit her in the head, she would still be hurt if she stood still. However, if she tried to avoid it, she would move perfectly to avoid each and every piece about to hit her. In addition, if Domino were to stand before a hail of bullets she would be a bullet-riddled corpse. Instead, she must take action, attempting to avoid the gunfire, and would miraculously bob-and-weave just perfectly to avoid every single shot."

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #334
kasjan
Side-Kick

Cable isn't Jean's son.
They should show his origin in this movie, and the reason he follow Apocalypse.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #335
Angamb
Banned User

The X-Men movies dont use to tell the origin of most characters, so in Cable's case, they could develop it slowly, without the need to have a whole prologue or explanation on XForce first movie.

Some teases here and there would be perfect to me. And then, if they do a sequel, they can reveal more stuff on there.

Just my take

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #336
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Cable news is sounding rather bad at the moment.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #337
kasjan
Side-Kick

If you talk about 2 characters in 1, then it's definitely very bad.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #338
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

Does anyone think Gambit could be introduced in X-force? I know he's not normally on X-force from the comics, but there's a high demand for him from the fans. Gambit's style fits in with the theme of X-force pretty well.

My wish for the 5: Cable, Deadpool, Gambit, Domino, Psylocke

I honestly don't believe we will get both Cable and Deadpool in the first movie, and I'd say Deadpool is more likely to be choosen.

The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #339
Angamb
Banned User

I hope not.

Gambit belongs to the core team. no more forcing fave characters in movies they dont belong.

If they want to do another sequel with main cast, thats where they can easily get him back, not on this.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #340
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Gambit doesn't fit into X-Force - he's a thief not black-ops/assassin like most of the X-Force team.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #341
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
So only 5 memebers? Even Avengers had 6.
My 5: Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Psylocke, Archangel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
That's a solid team.
Awesome. That'd be the most badass super-team ever.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #342
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shadow View Post
Does anyone think Gambit could be introduced in X-force? I know he's not normally on X-force from the comics, but there's a high demand for him from the fans. Gambit's style fits in with the theme of X-force pretty well.

My wish for the 5: Cable, Deadpool, Gambit, Domino, Psylocke
If they want a thief type role they would probably go with Fantomex. But I'm actually surprised Gambit was never chosen to be on a X-Force team in the comics.

Last edited by def28; 07-25-2013 at 07:54 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #343
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

I think the X-Force team will consists of
1. Wolverine
2. Cable
3. Deadpool
4. Domino
5. Wolfsbane

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #344
Loki882
Side-Kick

Having just seen The Wolverin, I want Yukio in the movie. She was fantastic and I need to see more of her.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #345
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

Yeah I could see Yukio being in it.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #346
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Do we think they'll definitely have Wolverine in this? Or should I say a Hugh Jackman Wolverine?

I keep thinking they might either not use him or DOFP will reset the X-Nen timeline meaning they'll reboot of sorts with new actors.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #347
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Personally I think they'll have him lead the team. That leaves room to have a clear cut canonical leader of the X-Men. Works for me.

And I'd like to revise my original lineup to be:

Wolvie, Warpath, Wolfsbane/Feral, Yukio and Angel. With Angel either dying or disappearing and being replaced with Domino. That leaves room for Archangel in a future installment (Apocalyyyyyypse please)

Old 07-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #348
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Do we think they'll definitely have Wolverine in this? Or should I say a Hugh Jackman Wolverine?

I keep thinking they might either not use him or DOFP will reset the X-Nen timeline meaning they'll reboot of sorts with new actors.
I don't see them getting rid of Hugh Jackman anytime soon.

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #349
Great Mind(s)
Broken

If Wolverine is leading X-Force that can only be good news for Cyclops and the rest of the X-Men for a different flick...

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #350
Angamb
Banned User

No if Singer directs next sequel with original cast and Hugh Jackman on it again.