The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 04-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #776
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Default Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

Tuesday's AOS was fantastic.
like a really great and germane tie-in issue to an event comic (the event being Cap, obv.)

and I just don't understand why there is any sort of X-Men vs Marvel dichotomy. There both Marvel, just made by different studios, and they're all pg-13 bloodless affairs with humor sprinkled in to varying degrees. Really the only difference between any comic movie of the past 2 decades is how seriously they take themselves. Ya have the super-serious movies(MoS, TDK, etc) and on the other end of the spectrum the silly, not at all taking this seriously films (T:TDW, SM3, etc)

like, I get the DC vs Marvel thing, everyone wants to belong to a team. But Marvel vs. X-Men is like rooting for a team and supporting your offense, but booing your defense. IDK, I go in hoping to love all Marvel movies equally.

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #777
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
like a really great and germane tie-in issue to an event comic (the event being Cap, obv.)

and I just don't understand why there is any sort of X-Men vs Marvel dichotomy. There both Marvel, just made by different studios, and they're all pg-13 bloodless affairs with humor sprinkled in to varying degrees. Really the only difference between any comic movie of the past 2 decades is how seriously they take themselves. Ya have the super-serious movies(MoS, TDK, etc) and on the other end of the spectrum the silly, not at all taking this seriously films (T:TDW, SM3, etc)

like, I get the DC vs Marvel thing, everyone wants to belong to a team. But Marvel vs. X-Men is like rooting for a team and supporting your offense, but booing your defense. IDK, I go in hoping to love all Marvel movies equally.
All of the last two paragraphs. Personally I find Fox vs. Marvel vs. Sony to be nothing but pure drivel. It's not something I give a damn about at all. It's stupid and lame all of this Fox vs. Marvel vs. Sony nonsense. Pure stupidity. I love all Marvel films regardless of studio.

As for X-Force, Wadlow's involvement in Masters of the Universe means no X-Force movie, which sucks.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 04-11-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #778
Sullstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
As for X-Force, Wadlow's involvement in Masters of the Universe means no X-Force movie, which sucks.
Or it could just mean he's not directing the film, since he has already finished the script

Sullstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #779
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullstar View Post
Or it could just mean he's not directing the film, since he has already finished the script
I hope so.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #780
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Yeah, it was really good. The shows switched up it's game quite a bit the past 2 eps.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:16 AM   #781
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
All of the last two paragraphs. Personally I find Fox vs. Marvel vs. Sony to be nothing but pure drivel. It's not something I give a damn about at all. It's stupid and lame all of this Fox vs. Marvel vs. Sony nonsense. Pure stupidity. I love all Marvel films regardless of studio.

In my opinion, this started when Marvel began to release their films and their films ended up well-received by almost everyone and some fanboys started to do suggestions/comments like Fox/Sony should give up the rights and that they won't watch Spidey/X-Men films unless its made by Marvel Studios.

To this day, when I read news about X-Men in SHH and there's always 1 person in the comments section that makes a comment like that and most of the time, its the top comment and I'm just like . And in this board, when I criticize something about the MCU films, some people suggested I made that comment just because I'm a blind X-Men fan. And its just really annoying.

Back in 2006, I'm pretty sure there was no Fox versus Sony or Spider-man versus X-Men. It was just DC VS Marvel but thats a given because DC/Marvel are two separate comic-book publications. Back in 2008 to 2011, when I wasn't posting much here, I definitely didn't involve myself with this kind of discussion, because I wasn't reading comments from the fans and people weren't accusing me of something that isn't true.

I'm not excited about The Amazing Spider-Man 2 not because its being made by Sony (just LOL @ the thought of that). I'm not excited about it merely because of the quality of the reboot.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-12-2014 at 02:35 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #782
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
In my opinion, this started when Marvel began to release their films and their films ended up well-received by almost everyone and some fanboys started to do suggestions/comments like Fox/Sony should give up the rights and that they won't watch Spidey/X-Men films unless its made by Marvel Studios.

To this day, when I read news about X-Men in SHH and there's always 1 person in the comments section that makes a comment like that and most of the time, its the top comment and I'm just like . And in this board, when I criticize something about the MCU films, some people suggested I made that comment just because I'm a blind X-Men fan. And its just really annoying.

Back in 2006, I'm pretty sure there was no Fox versus Sony or Spider-man versus X-Men. It was just DC VS Marvel but thats a given because DC/Marvel are two separate comic-book publications. Back in 2008 to 2011, when I wasn't posting much here, I definitely didn't involve myself with this kind of discussion, because I wasn't reading comments from the fans and people weren't accusing me of something that isn't true.

I'm not excited about The Amazing Spider-Man 2 not because its being made by Sony (just LOL @ the thought of that). I'm not excited about it merely because of the quality of the reboot.
It's nonsense I want nothing to be a part of. As a non-comic book guy it's massively annoying. If it gets hostile I leave. It's as simple as that and I go to non Comic Book Movie threads, where things are a lot less hostile. Those are usually my favorite threads in the forums do to the lack of hostility: Sports, non CBM Movies, non-CBM TV Shows and Music.

It's all of this crap about who's better than I could not give a damn about to be honest.

I am an MCU fan, but the MCU isn't perfect. It has some significant issues that they need to address.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 04-12-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:30 AM   #783
Rike
'80s Quicksilver hair

I want this movie to be made.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:31 AM   #784
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Wadlow doing Masters of the Universe doesn't bode well for the future of this movie.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-01-2014, 04:23 AM   #785
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well Jeff Wadlow being hired in the first place didn't seem promising.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:56 PM   #786
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Definitely. I haven't really liked anything Jeff Wadlow has done so far, and Kick-ass 2 lacked any of the charme and style that Matthew Vaughn had brought to the original.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #787
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Even though my first choice is still Mary Elizabeth Winstead, I'm surprised that nobody here has mentioned Eva Green for Domino.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:57 PM   #788
HIA
Side-Kick

waiit, thats a good choice. Eva could be anything, actually, and someone mentioned Selene on another site, but Domino is a cool option too.

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:37 AM   #789
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

She would be more fitting as Selena. She has that boss villain look.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:13 AM   #790
Havok83
Side-Kick

I wish the mods would change the title to this thread to denote it as being about the movie. Everytime I see this updated in my feed, I think its about the comic

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #791
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well its pretty obvious that this thread isn't posted in the comics section.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:27 PM   #792
Havok83
Side-Kick

Theres absolutely no indication of that from the subscription page

Old 05-13-2014, 04:12 PM   #793
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Excited to hear Donner say that X-Force gives them a chance to do something darker and grittier. Sounds like its progressing at least.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:52 AM   #794
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Excited to hear Donner say that X-Force gives them a chance to do something darker and grittier. Sounds like its progressing at least.
I just hope it hits before 2018. I'd really like it to come in late 2016 just to set up the present day for the X-Men and how DOFP and Apocalypse changed things.

I'd also state that even though Wadlow said he wanted to use Colossus or Wolverine, the end of DOFP contradicts that and shows them with Xavier's team. Archangel or Fantomex would be my choice for the fifth member. It's a chance to redo Archangel after X3 did nothing interesting with him and Fantomex is just awesome incarnate. I personally lean more towards Archangel since Apocalypse is rumored to be the villain of X-Force and Fantomex would also work better with a sequel exploring Weapon X that would also bring in X-23 and explain Cable's relationship to Sinister.

That and XF1 would be all about Cable and Archangel. XF2 would be about domino and Deadpool. Psylocke needs to be the stable core of the team who deals with unstable teammates and keeps them in line. Any time that Deadpool is getting too crazy, Cable is getting too ruthless, Domino cracks jokes at inappropriate times or Archangel gets too depressed, she's usually there to tell them that they're being stupid and need to shape up because innocent people are counting on them to be heroes.

And based on who Wadlow confirmed as four of the five, I like just how tragic these characters are. They've been to hell and back and have their own defenses for dealing with pain. Cable gets completely immersed in being a superhero and blocks out everyone and everything else, even when it hurts those he's closest to, Domino uses humor whenever something terrible happens which makes her come across like an insensitive b****, Psylocke keeps her stuff stiff upper lip and acts like nothing bothers her until she just snaps and Deadpool has already gone completely crazy while his teammates are just neurotic so he acts like he has nothing to lose and doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. Archangel fits in perfectly since he doesn't have any defense mechanism, he admits how much he's lost and how much he's suffered and as "the new guy" he'll fit right in. I can even imagine some great scenes between him and Cable where Archangel claims that Cable is just in it for revenge while Cable claims that he demands justice which is vengeance on a grand scale that goes beyond the personal to help build a better world.

Quite honestly, this may very well be a great psychological character study about broken people that also involves superpowers.

And yes, I would like a sequel where Fantomex and X-23 join as X-Force raids a Weapon X facility and we see just how horrible life has treated Domino and Deadpool with the latter freaking out and asking them to leave him behind since he never wants to go back. Not only does it explain what happened with Wolverine and Weapon X in the new timeline but it also gives the audience two fan favorite characters. X-23 has a ton of potential for not only X-Force but also being part of future Wolverine sequels which can help Logan learn to be a father. Fantomex might not be as deep a character but he's such a fun hero that I can't see Fox not using him at some point.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:18 AM   #795
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

X-force would be set In past after apocalypse.

Colossus won't be In X-force and neither would Archangel.

Wolverine Is still a possibilty depending on what happens with Apocalypse.

Right now i say 4 out of 5 will be cable,Domino,Deadpool,and Psylock.The last one will
likely be wolverine or character never used before.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #796
BobJM
Who's Bad?

XForce should spin out of the altered future timeline. Future tech, access to characters like Colossus, etc.

BobJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #797
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post

Wolverine Is still a possibilty depending on what happens with Apocalypse.

Right now i say 4 out of 5 will be cable,Domino,Deadpool,and Psylock.The last one will

Source?

Old 05-25-2014, 02:16 PM   #798
Havok83
Side-Kick

When DOFP opened up, I actually thought that was X-force at first when we saw Warpath, Sunspot, Blink, Bishop and Colossus. Looked like a cool lineup.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:31 PM   #799
CB Fan
The Watcher

After the ending of DOFP I wouldn't be suprised if Mystique is gathering a team that will eventually become X-Force.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:14 AM   #800
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Where did you hear that? They seem to have every option imaginable right now. Nothing seems set in stone.

Quote:

Agreed.

Cable and Deadpool are pretty much a lock and the only ones who have been name dropped a few times by Liefeld as being attached to the script. If Cable is there then Neena's a given.

Betsy is a safe bet as well.

Last edited by def28; 05-26-2014 at 01:57 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote