Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #826
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
I think comparing side characters of the X-Men like Warpath, Blink and Bishop to Captain America, Iron Man and Thor is a major stretch. It would be more like taking Avengers members like Hawkeye, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch after Age of Ultron and making them the... West Coast Avengers?

And I understand introducing new characters, which I'm all for. But I don't feel Warpath, Blink, Bishop or Colossus have been given any characterization or depth whatsoever. They haven't been explored at all. You got teases of the characters, 90% action sequences. Using them as the team for this movie would take characters the audience has seen before and expanding them, giving them real traits the audience can connect with. I think showing growth in a character like Bobby Drake would be nice for the audience. As for the team doing morally questionable things, I think it the characters chosen could understandably pull that off. Especially since, as I've said before, their characters haven't been truly explored or defined.
I don't think it's a major stretch when you have characters that have been developed through 4 films now like Iceman. If you use mostly X-Men who have been on the side of Prof X through these films then they are pretty much X-Men. And that's how the audience has known them. No reason for a name change with them. While I'll agree newer side characters like Blink and Warpath would be a good addition I disagree with Colossus and Iceman. Colossus belongs with the X-Men. Even in the books he didn't fit on the team and that was part of his arc there. Iceman, like the case with Colossus is too good of a guy. They just are not the best option here.

This team is really reserved for names like Cable, Domino, Fantomex, Warpath, Psylocke, Deadpool, Wolfsbane, Boom Boom, X-23 etc. They are all either crazy, revenge based, Mercs, Assasins, thiefs or military based characters and have aggression,stability and trust issues. That's part of the appeal of the team. It's chaotic with clashing testosterone. They are not ones to follow the teachings of Prof X 100%. They brake the rules and kill with lots of knives and guns. If any more X-Men based characters were to be included I would go with Gambit, Wolverine, Magik or Bishop. Other rule breakers with skills, personality and weapons more applicable to the X-Force reputation.

While nothing needs to follow the comic 100% roster wise it should base itself around what it has stood for. If the X-Force name gets used on safe characters like Colossus and Iceman then your essentially cutting out X-Force's main drive in favor to appealing more to X-Men film characters. Not giving Cable, Wolverine, or Psylcokes a team leader position would kind of be like not giving Prof X, Cylcops or Wolverine a leader position on the first X-Men film. We need something new. So when these two teams meet there can be friction. Not catching up.

So agree to disagree I guess.

Last edited by def28; 06-03-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #827
kasjan
Side-Kick

Old 06-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #828
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I don't think it's a major stretch when you have characters that have been developed through 4 films now like Iceman. If you use mostly X-Men who have been on the side of Prof X through these films then they are pretty much X-Men. And that's how the audience has known them. No reason for a name change with them. While I'll agree newer side characters like Blink and Warpath would be a good addition I disagree with Colossus and Iceman. Colossus belongs with the X-Men. Even in the books he didn't fit on the team and that was part of his arc there. Iceman, like the case with Colossus is too good of a guy. They just are not the best option here.

This team is really reserved for names like Cable, Domino, Fantomex, Warpath, Psylocke, Deadpool, Wolfsbane, Boom Boom, X-23 etc. They are all either crazy, revenge based, Mercs, Assasins, thiefs or military based characters and have aggression,stability and trust issues. That's part of the appeal of the team. It's chaotic with clashing testosterone. They are not ones to follow the teachings of Prof X 100%. They brake the rules and kill with lots of knives and guns. If any more X-Men based characters were to be included I would go with Gambit, Wolverine, Magik or Bishop. Other rule breakers with skills, personality and weapons more applicable to the X-Force reputation.

While nothing needs to follow the comic 100% roster wise it should base itself around what it has stood for. If the X-Force name gets used on safe characters like Colossus and Iceman then your essentially cutting out X-Force's main drive in favor to appealing more to X-Men film characters. Not giving Cable, Wolverine, or Psylcokes a team leader position would kind of be like not giving Prof X, Cylcops or Wolverine a leader position on the first X-Men film. We need something new. So when these two teams meet there can be friction. Not catching up.

So agree to disagree I guess.
Completely agree with everything you said here. Why call it X-Force if you're not going to utilize any characters that were actually a part of the team?

X-Force is most definitely Psylocke, Cable, Fantomex, Domino, Deadpool and other characters you named. Anything outside of that is a giant waste of time.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #829
Rike
Crazy

That's a neat idea, TheHeatKitchen.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #830
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Why call it X-Force if you're not going to utilize any characters that were actually a part of the team?
Exactly.

While I'm sure non X-Force fans wouldn't care, it would just be a waste of the X-Force name and characters it's more deserving of. No reason for that. If they ever wanted that roster call it something else and problem solved.

Last edited by def28; 06-04-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:31 AM   #831
Rike
Crazy

Okay, let's call it "X-Men's Black Ops Team".

Old 01-20-2016, 05:12 AM   #832
psylockolussus
Mutated User

"I don’t think you’re going to see a rated R Avengers movie, but there’s room for other ones. I think there’s room for a rated R X-Force movie!" - Ryan Reynolds

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/19/ryan...x-force-movie/

Finding Dory, The Conjuring, Jungle Book, Captain America, Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Star Trek, Bridget Jones, Don't Breathe, Moana, Ghostbusters, Kung Fu Panda, Peculiar Children, Jason Bourne, X-Men, Tarzan, Angry Birds, Inferno, Suicide Squad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Alice, Ice Age, Huntsman, Independence Day, Underworld, Warcraft, Batman v Superman.
www.twitter.com/xmenmoviesandtv
Old 01-20-2016, 11:40 PM   #833
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

Wouldn't be surprised if Deadpool is on the team and if Miller directs this.

I'd personally love the Uncanny X-Force team (Deadpool, Archangel, Psylocke, Fantomex, & Wolverine) and the baby Apocalypse story-line.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 01-20-2016 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 05:15 PM   #834
psylockolussus
Mutated User

Just seeing Reynolds stating a "X-Force movie" makes me thing him and company are up to something when it comes to it. I really hope Deadpool's success will lead to X-Force being made.

Finding Dory, The Conjuring, Jungle Book, Captain America, Doctor Strange, Deadpool, Star Trek, Bridget Jones, Don't Breathe, Moana, Ghostbusters, Kung Fu Panda, Peculiar Children, Jason Bourne, X-Men, Tarzan, Angry Birds, Inferno, Suicide Squad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Alice, Ice Age, Huntsman, Independence Day, Underworld, Warcraft, Batman v Superman.
www.twitter.com/xmenmoviesandtv
Old 02-15-2016, 08:01 PM   #835
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I think they've planted the seeds of some obvious candidates for the X-Force film.

Deadpool, Cable, Colossus, Negasonic (replacing Cannonball) and Psylocke would all be relevant and accurate. If they really wanted to they could also pull from the DoFP pool (Bishop, Warpath, Sunspot, Blink).

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #836
def28
Side-Kick

Domino is pretty close to a sure thing. Siryn could very well show up too given how important she is too early Deadpool and X-Force. and even though he's never been on X-Force I think there's a good chance Gambit may show.

Not sure if Colossus will be cool with a team who will no doubt be killing people left and right. He didn't handle death very well.

Last edited by def28; 02-15-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:17 PM   #837
Lip
Side-Kick

Psylocke would be about 60 year old for X-Force, right? I mean, she is about 30 in the 80's.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:20 PM   #838
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip View Post
Psylocke would be about 60 year old for X-Force, right? I mean, she is about 30 in the 80's.
Yeah someone has to find a contrived way of her going on the team, like Cable bringing her to the future or something. Sucks but chances are she's a no go. Unless the filmmakers really want her there.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:25 PM   #839
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip View Post
I mentioned this in the Psylocke thread but she had Apocalypse manipulating her DNA. It wouldnt be too hard to say that a side effect of that would be to slow down her aging

Old 02-15-2016, 09:29 PM   #840
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Latent longevity mutant abilities. :P

Tradition is just dead people's baggage.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:23 PM   #841
BobJM
Who's Bad?

For the lineup, I'd go like this:

- Cable (leader)
- Domino
- Deadpool
- Colossus
- Gambit

Then, in a sequel, bring back Jackman's Wolverine & integrate him into the team.

Use UXF's storyline baby Apocalypse as a jumping-off point so as to provide conflict and tie into the film series' shared universe. Use Sinister or Stryfe as main antagonists.

Last edited by BobJM; 02-16-2016 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:25 PM   #842
jaymes_e06
Super Member pun intended

Doesn't make sense as the next Wolverine will be the last for Jackman.

THEPro cras tinator
Site: https://hampton6blog.wordpress.com/
Old 02-16-2016, 11:31 PM   #843
BobJM
Who's Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Doesn't make sense as the next Wolverine will be the last for Jackman.
I think in a few years Jackman could return, despite his comments now.

Between Wolverine 3 and my hypothetical XF2 there will be plenty of years that will have gone by that will have afforded Jackman his well-deserved break and will have given audiences time to miss him and want a comeback (think OT coming back for DOFP and the hype, despite the bad feelings after X3 and XO:W).

Old 02-17-2016, 12:09 AM   #844
Smilodon
Side-Kick

Yeah, I just can't see Ryan letting Hugh off without one last attempt to get things right, and what better chance than to do with it X-Force?

That being said, he isn't an absolute necessity. Any member we haven't got to see before and or a chance to flesh out an old one is welcomed by me.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:58 AM   #845
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah someone has to find a contrived way of her going on the team, like Cable bringing her to the future or something. Sucks but chances are she's a no go. Unless the filmmakers really want her there.
Time travel.

- CM Punk
Old 02-17-2016, 02:01 AM   #846
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Cable
Deadpool
PSylocke
Archangel
Blink

I'd be content with a team along the lines of this, but I'm really open to any combination. Would like to see Blink return but I have doubts we'll ever see blink again.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:27 AM   #847
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

So everyone knows, here is the original team:

Cable
Rictor
Shatterstar
Sunspot
Warpath
Siryn
Bedlam
Feral
Domino (Copycat in disguise)

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 02-17-2016 at 02:33 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:59 AM   #848
def28
Side-Kick

Boom Boom, Cannonball and Moonstar are in that vol too.

I'd give priority to the characters that have lasted over 20 years in that book like Cable, Domino, Warpath, Deadpool and Boom Boom. With one or two from vol 3 and 4 with characters like Laura, Rahne, Fantomex, Colossus, Forge, Betsy or whomever.

The original lineup is far too New Mutants cause of the transition, and they want that film as well. Mixing with the Yost/Kyle and Remnder strike teams always seemed the stronger route imo. Especially if they want that R rating and Deadpool on the team.

Last edited by def28; 02-17-2016 at 03:22 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:23 AM   #849
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yost/Kyle's run is really the model they should go for.

These are the jobs the X-Men can't do. These are the mutants who can do what the X-Men can't.

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 02-17-2016 at 03:34 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:25 AM   #850
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Yost/Kyle's run is really the model they should go for.

These the jobs the X-Men can't do. These are the mutants who can do what the X-Men can't.
Completely agree

Went back and read that volume not along ago, and man is it a blood bath. That has to easily be one of Marvels most violent canon books. It's comparable to horror graphic novels most the time.

Closed Thread