Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 07-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #151
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

Last I heard Cable was at Disney

http://variety.com/2009/film/news/ma...rs-1118001734/

Unless that changed

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #152
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post

Unless that changed
Think Millar confirmed they have him.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #153
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Rule #1 Never believe Mark Millar unless a second source backs him up and/or he's reading from a press release that he, himself, didn't issue

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 07-13-2013, 12:26 AM   #154
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Rule #1 Never believe Mark Millar unless a second source backs him up and/or he's reading from a press release that he, himself, didn't issue
Wow really? So you think he would lie about what characters Fox owns when he works there? Wouldn't that have been debunked or something? Your making me hate Fox again, when I was starting to like them haha
It was from this article.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42105
Quote:
"You have to remember that Fox grabbed the X-Men back in the '90s because it was the biggest franchise in the world. So X-Force or Cable or Deadpool -- all these amazing characters are things we haven't really gotten to yet. 'X-Force' #1 was the second biggest book of all time behind Jim Lee's 'X-Men' #1, so there's an immediate brand recognition to that stuff and a build in fanbase. You go to any convention in the world, and you'll see 20 people dressed as Deadpool. In a lot of ways, these are Marvel's coolest characters, so I want to remind people of that and build on what we already have. I think there's a great foundation, and just from basic conversations, we've come up with ten movies we could do. These things cost $150 million each to make, so we have to pick and choose what we want to do."
I know you will say Lifeld is full of **** too haha. But I think he also said awhile back he was discussing Cable with them. Wouldn't he have mentioned Disney owns the rights? No reason to really lie about that.

Last edited by def28; 07-13-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #155
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

Unless that changed
Yeah I've seen that before.

But I didn't say anything because I thought I just misread it from somewhere.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #156
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Wow really? So you think he would lie about what characters Fox owns when he works there?
Not at all. I don't think he'd lie about something like that. I do think he was talking out of his a** though. If you look at the first batch of interviews he did (after he put out his own press release that he was working with Fox on their Marvel properties) you'll notice a trend. He rambles. On and on and on. The guy loves to talk. He's good at it. Like Kevin Feige. But unlike Feige he's not careful with what he says or when he says things. He says things that he thinks sound good. Remember when he said that Fox had Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and that the Marvel Studios rumor was rubbish?

If you're an X-Men fan and you know Cable has always been linked to the X-Men you would automatically assume he's part of Fox's contract. How could you not. But considering Variety gets their information directly from Marvel/Disney I will take their word over Millar's any day of the week.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #157
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I heard that rumor but considering virtually all mutants are locked up by Fox.Like Quicksilver and scarlet witch can be used by disney they just can't be idenified as mutants.

At oone point rumor was MS was planing cable and dazzler films.That was later debunked.

If Disney had cable they wouldn't be able to do anything with him except the name.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:03 AM   #158
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you're an X-Men fan and you know Cable has always been linked to the X-Men you would automatically assume he's part of Fox's contract. How could you not. But considering Variety gets their information directly from Marvel/Disney I will take their word over Millar's any day of the week.
Yeah, well I'm lost now and second guessing Fox again. Just when I started getting excited about seeing these characters on screen finally haha. I'll give Millar the benefit of the doubt for the moment. Few of the projects he talked up look to be moving ahead, so hopefully he's doing and saying the right things.

Cable at Disney really doesn't make much sense in any way, but hopefully SDCC will put all this stuff in a better perspective. The roster for this one will be interesting.

Last edited by def28; 07-13-2013 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:49 AM   #159
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Don't get me wrong, I hope MS doesn't have Cable. I'm just going off of the chain of evidence. Millar says one thing off hand, Variety reports something else that they got directly from the studio. CC will definitely clear the air

Old 07-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #160
Cherry
Side-Kick

Guys, I'm pretty sure Liefeld wasn't saying a Magneto movie is happening. He was basically telling fans not to get their hopes up until X-Force starts shooting because look what happened to the in-development Magneto. Meaning, it didn't happen.

Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:16 AM   #161
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

If Marvel Studios does have Cable, that could possibly be a good thing. Maybe they'd be able to use that as leverage to negotiate some type of deal with Fox so Marvel can use Galactus and the Silver Surfer and Fox could use Cable. Sort of like what was rumored about the Daredevil rights.

Marvel Studios can't really do much with Cable. And if Fox really is looking to center an X-Force series around Cable, then he'd be much more valuable to Fox's cinematic universe than Daredevil was. So Fox would get to do their X-Force cinematic expansion and Marvel would be able to use these two heavy hitters in their cosmic films. A win-win!

Deluded wishful thinking, I know.

SpocksBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:29 AM   #162
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Or they could just use Yost's X-Force wet works incarnation.

As much as I love Cable, in the wrong hands he's nothing more than a deus ex machina considering the scope of his power set.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:33 AM   #163
Mr. Dent
Banned User

2014: X-Men: Days of Future Past (Original cast+FC cast)
2015: X-Force
2016: Last X-Men: First Class movie
2017: X-Men: Age of Apocalypse (Original cast+X-Force, influenced by FC3)

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:44 AM   #164
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Don't think we'll be getting one X-Men movie every year. That's asking a lot from a studio that doesn't focus on superhero movies.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:57 AM   #165
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Or they could just use Yost's X-Force wet works incarnation.

As much as I love Cable, in the wrong hands he's nothing more than a deus ex machina considering the scope of his power set.
In my opinion, they should just use Yost's X-Force and include Wolverine in the roster.

I seriously doubt a movie with Cable as the leader and bunch of mutants that the mainstream audience haven't seen before will do good business at the box-office. It will be like the case for First Class but with more obscure characters. Like Origins/First Class/The Wolverine, Fox will once again introduce a brand new cast to mainstream audience (and IMO, its always a risk) but this time, they might not have any character from the previous movies and for me, its alarming.

Quote:
Don't think we'll be getting one X-Men movie every year. That's asking a lot from a studio that doesn't focus on superhero movies.
Yep!

But if X-Force is not featuring Wolverine or any of the characters from the previous movies. I think FOX could get away for releasing X-Force in 2015 then another X-Men team movie in 2016.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:13 AM   #166
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Looks/sounds like they're planning to buckle down on X-Men development after what Marvel Studios has done. One X-Men related film a year is looking very possible and likely to me. That's where these studios are headed, with one franchise film a year or every two years. Disney will be releasing a Star Wars film every year, Marvel releases two films every year, Sony will be releasing a Spider-Man film every other year, a Hunger Games film ever year, a Hobbit film every year, a Pixar film every year, etc etc.

Old 07-13-2013, 03:38 AM   #167
JP
Smelly

Technically 1 film a year is happening

2013: The Wolverine
2014: X-Men: Days of Future Past
2015: The Fantastic Four
2016: X-Force (?)

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:45 AM   #168
Mr. Dent
Banned User

^ Exactly.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:53 AM   #169
Supermanreturns
Side-Kick

Quote:

Unless that changed
Sure, it's like the Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch thing. They both have him.

Supermanreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:57 AM   #170
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Technically 1 film a year is happening

2013: The Wolverine
2014: X-Men: Days of Future Past
2015: The Fantastic Four
2016: X-Force (?)
Yeah, they don't look to be holding back on a title per year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
Guys, I'm pretty sure Liefeld wasn't saying a Magneto movie is happening. He was basically telling fans not to get their hopes up until X-Force starts shooting because look what happened to the in-development Magneto. Meaning, it didn't happen.
That would probably make more sense.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:00 AM   #171
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
2014: X-Men: Days of Future Past (Original cast+FC cast)
2015: X-Force
2016: Last X-Men: First Class movie
2017: X-Men: Age of Apocalypse (Original cast+X-Force, influenced by FC3)
Looks like fun.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:40 AM   #172
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
That quote is from two years ago:

http://screenrant.com/deadpool-movie-reboot-rob-108019/

They ARE NOT making an R-rated Deadpool movie. There's no money in it. Do you really think a small percentage of an already niche fanbase is enough to motivate Fox to sink over $100 mil into a Deadpool movie? And don't give me that "they could do it for $50" bollocks. What X-Men movie has cost that? Ever?
They can do a Deadpool movie with a small(-er) budget, and it doesn't have to be treated like an X-Men franchise (in fact, the character has little to do with the X-Men franchise FOR YEARS - we're talking about 1997).

Quote:
They're not going to throw all that work away just to make a vulgar movie about a character that already appeared on screen once and was poorly received.
Well, pal, get to know stuff before you talk about it.

Quote:
Thats for next year and we already know that since last year.
Enjoy it, then. It's already the fourth X-Men movie with the classic cast.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #173
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

Can you imagine Feral in live action? Because I can, but I don't want to.

BATZARRO WWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #174
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Who would be the best voice for a villain in a X-Force movie?

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:53 AM   #175
def28
Side-Kick

Could be nothing but anyone think the grey and black uniforms we have seen from the OT cast in DOFP have a connection here? That's been the color scheme of X-Froce since the Yost/Kyle run.

Also, Lifeld said he talked to Wadlow...
Quote:
robertliefeld ‏@robertliefeld 8m
Thanks for all the X-Force love! Super-psyched, especially after speaking with Jeff Wadlow last night. Cable and Co. are in great hands!
Cable sounds like he's at Fox. And even if he didn't talk to him, you would think he would at the least be aware of who owns a character he created.

Last edited by def28; 07-13-2013 at 11:42 AM.