The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #351
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 7

The costume finally makes sense! April can't come soon enough!

Old 07-20-2013, 11:17 PM   #352
DN91
Star-Spangled Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
The costume finally makes sense! April can't come soon enough!
And that shot of Steve fighting WS with the blue-white-blue shield from the Cleveland filming also finally makes a lot of sense.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #353
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I can't find a detailed description of the footage anywhere but in each article I have read people single out the fight in the glass elevator as being very cool.
This isn't detailed enough?

Quote:
We open in an elevator. Cap is inside, looking out the glass window. I think we're in DC.
6:44
Silas Lesnick: We see him from behind. He's got the shield on his back like a backpack.
Silas Lesnick: He turns as more people (Frank Grillo among them) get on.
ComingSoon.net: Marvel just said this footage will not be online, it is only for Hall H. So Silas, take your time describing it fully.
Silas Lesnick: His uniform is new. It looks a lot like the US Agent costume.
6:45
Silas Lesnick: The music is moody, like The Hunt For Red October.
Silas Lesnick: Cap looks Grillo up and down. He senses something isn't right.
Silas Lesnick: More people get on. Cap keeps looking at them. He notices many of them are armed.
6:46
Silas Lesnick: More and more get on with each floor. The elevator is packed.
Silas Lesnick: Cap takes another look at their guns.
Silas Lesnick: "Before we get started," he says, "Does anyone want to get out?"
Silas Lesnick: Grillo says something about it "not being personal" and a fight breaks out.
6:47
Silas Lesnick: It's a massive fight, mostly shot from above, in the confined space. Cap takes out every single guy.
Silas Lesnick: He kicks his shield, flipping it into his hand as he exits.
Silas Lesnick: The Marvel logo comes up. We see Robert Redford in an office.
6:48
Silas Lesnick: He saying that he joined SHIELD to protect the world.
Silas Lesnick: "To build a better world sometimes means tearing the old one down," he says. "And that makes enemies."
Silas Lesnick: We see the Helicarrier flying. Lots of Black Widow action.
6:49
Silas Lesnick: Fury shaking hands with Redford.
Silas Lesnick: Fury is talking to Cap.
Silas Lesnick: "I thought the punishment usually came after the crime," Cap tells him
6:50
Silas Lesnick: We see Mackie running from a futuristic helicopter. He leaps off a building and we see the Falcon wings come out!
Silas Lesnick: Cap on his motorcycle, fighting the helicopter.
Silas Lesnick: The helicarrier falling out of the sky in flames.
6:51
Silas Lesnick: The final shot is Cap's shield on the ground, A metal hand reaches down to pick it up, revealing the Winter SOldier.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #354
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
^ Where was she confirmed as Sharon?
In the liveblog, she was introduced in the panel as "Agent 13, aka Sharon Carter."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
metallic white (the star and stripe) dark blue around the star and light metallic blue over the red stripes...just like in the shield in the SDCC display. It's obviously symbolic, he starts with the shield uniform and blue shield and the cheap paint job gets chipped away during the movie. He also goes back to his stars and stripes uniform

Showing that he'll always be captain america and not a shield lap dog
Okay. I still fail to see *any* hint of the light "spray paint" blue on the "Agent Rogers" shield in that poster. Just silver metal, red flakes, and the center star in the dark blue circle. Maybe your PC "enhances" blue in a way that mine doesn't. Whatevs.....I see the symbolism as pretty much the opposite: the red white and blue have been beaten/ripped away, and what lies beneath is the solid steel (okay, vibranium) core of a hero.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #355
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
This isn't detailed enough?
I hadn't seen that one, thanks. That footage sounds perfect, the way they build up the elevator fight is cool and the final shot was a great choice.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 07-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #356
Mr. Dent

Here's an even better description from io9.

Quote:
We saw a ton of footage from this film, which really backed up the idea that it's a paranoid spy thriller as well as just a fun superhero action movie.

We saw a complete scene, which was very reminiscent of one of the best moments from Drive. Captain America gets into an elevator at SHIELD headquarters, and then Crossbones (Frank Grillo) gets in with him, with a couple of other guys, all heading for Operations. They're talking about spy stuff, but Cap notices they have their guns out. And then a bunch of guys in suits get in, heading for Operations. And there's something hinky about them, too. Someone says "**** you contract," randomly.

Even more guys get into the elevator and say "Records." And then Cap is surrounded by a ton of guys. In a small glass elevator. He's massively outnumbered in a tiny space.

Cap says, "Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?" Nobody does. They attack, and he hits emergency stop, and all of these guys are trying to kill him at once. There's a wristband which is magnetized, and it gets attached to the wall of the elevator, and then Cap's wrist is stuck in it so he's fighting with one hand trapped. He basically kicks the hell out of all these guys, using their own weapons against them. It's amazing. Eventually Captain America gets his wrist free so he can fight two-handed.

At last, it's just Cap and Crossbones, who says "it's nothing personal." He tases Cap over and over again, and Cap just keeps coming. Cap throws him into the ceiling. Cap is standing in the elevator, surrounded by prone bodies and broken glass, and he reaches down to grab his shield, with a loud clang.

We also saw lots of other footage, in which Cap and Black Widow go into an ancient SHIELD headquarters, digging for old secrets. Robert Redford, as Alexander Pierce, is telling Steve Rogers that SHIELD wants to protect people, but sometimes building a better world means tearing the old world down. And SHIELD has enemies. "You know how the world works," he says.

We see Scarlett Johanson standing in a graveyard looking sad. We also see Anthony Mackie, as the Falcon, riding in a car.

The latter part of this footage involves showing a lot of super insane SHIELD hardware, including jumpjets, the Helicarrier and various other massive vehicles, while Nick Fury and Captain America debate spy ethics. Fury says "I've neutralized lot of threats before they even happened." Cap responds, "I thought the punishment usually came after the crime." "SHIELD takes the world as it is, not as we'd like it to be," says Fury. "This isn't freedom," Cap says. "This is fear." And Fury tells Cap to keep his eyes open.

We see Cap jumping out of a jet and fighting and lots of stuff blowing up, and Black Widow kicking pretty much all the ass, and abseiling into a super tall structure, shooting in all directions as she goes. We see a bus exploding and another shot of a graveyard. And more awesome fight scenes, that we just caught a glimpse of.

The Falcon flies into an aircraft carrier while being chased by multiple jets. Captain America is on a motorcycle flying, and there is tons of kickfighitng. And then we saw what looked like the SHIELD helicarrier blowing up and crashing into the river.

And then we see the Winter Soldier, formerly known as Cap's sidekick Bucky, reach down and pick up Captain America's tarnished, burnt shield, and look at the camera with his gaze especially intense in black smeary eye makeup.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
Old 07-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #357
DN91
Star-Spangled Man

Cap jumping out of planes like a badass seems to be always a given when he appears.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:39 PM   #358
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

"We see Scarlett Johanson standing in a graveyard looking sad."

That seals it.
Fury bites the dust in this one, then. (but then: LOLMD's)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #359
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN91 View Post
Cap jumping out of planes like a badass seems to be always a given when he appears.
Does seem like they enjoy having CA jumping out of planes in the MCU.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #360
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Here's an even better description from io9.

We saw a ton of footage from this film, which really backed up the idea that it's a paranoid spy thriller as well as just a fun superhero action movie.

We saw a complete scene, which was very reminiscent of one of the best moments from Drive. Captain America gets into an elevator at SHIELD headquarters, and then Crossbones (Frank Grillo) gets in with him, with a couple of other guys, all heading for Operations. They're talking about spy stuff, but Cap notices they have their guns out. And then a bunch of guys in suits get in, heading for Operations. And there's something hinky about them, too. Someone says "**** you contract," randomly.

Even more guys get into the elevator and say "Records." And then Cap is surrounded by a ton of guys. In a small glass elevator. He's massively outnumbered in a tiny space.

Cap says, "Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?" Nobody does. They attack, and he hits emergency stop, and all of these guys are trying to kill him at once. There's a wristband which is magnetized, and it gets attached to the wall of the elevator, and then Cap's wrist is stuck in it so he's fighting with one hand trapped. He basically kicks the hell out of all these guys, using their own weapons against them. It's amazing. Eventually Captain America gets his wrist free so he can fight two-handed.

At last, it's just Cap and Crossbones, who says "it's nothing personal." He tases Cap over and over again, and Cap just keeps coming. Cap throws him into the ceiling. Cap is standing in the elevator, surrounded by prone bodies and broken glass, and he reaches down to grab his shield, with a loud clang.

We also saw lots of other footage, in which Cap and Black Widow go into an ancient SHIELD headquarters, digging for old secrets. Robert Redford, as Alexander Pierce, is telling Steve Rogers that SHIELD wants to protect people, but sometimes building a better world means tearing the old world down. And SHIELD has enemies. "You know how the world works," he says.

We see Scarlett Johanson standing in a graveyard looking sad. We also see Anthony Mackie, as the Falcon, riding in a car.

The latter part of this footage involves showing a lot of super insane SHIELD hardware, including jumpjets, the Helicarrier and various other massive vehicles, while Nick Fury and Captain America debate spy ethics. Fury says "I've neutralized lot of threats before they even happened." Cap responds, "I thought the punishment usually came after the crime." "SHIELD takes the world as it is, not as we'd like it to be," says Fury. "This isn't freedom," Cap says. "This is fear." And Fury tells Cap to keep his eyes open.

We see Cap jumping out of a jet and fighting and lots of stuff blowing up, and Black Widow kicking pretty much all the ass, and abseiling into a super tall structure, shooting in all directions as she goes. We see a bus exploding and another shot of a graveyard. And more awesome fight scenes, that we just caught a glimpse of.

The Falcon flies into an aircraft carrier while being chased by multiple jets. Captain America is on a motorcycle flying, and there is tons of kickfighitng. And then we saw what looked like the SHIELD helicarrier blowing up and crashing into the river.

And then we see the Winter Soldier, formerly known as Cap's sidekick Bucky, reach down and pick up Captain America's tarnished, burnt shield, and look at the camera with his gaze especially intense in black smeary eye makeup.
Cap 2 sounds like a great spy thriller only superhero style and I can't wait.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #361
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Does seem like they enjoy having CA jumping out of planes in the MCU.
And throwing people off of planes, fighting in planes, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #362
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
And throwing people off of planes, fighting in planes, etc.
Plus, flying planes and hanging off of planes.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #363
Broseph44
Side-Kick

This is one of my most anticipated phase 2 movies. The footage sounds badass.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #364
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Plus, flying planes and hanging off of planes.
Not to mention crashing planes....

Old 07-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #365
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
This is one of my most anticipated phase 2 movies. The footage sounds badass.
It's too bad the GA is going to confuse Cap for a smurf for the first half of the movie due to his blue suit. Such a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #366
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Not to mention crashing planes....
There's the big one we forgot.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:50 AM   #367
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Thought Emily was joking in that audio interview earlier today, but it looks like "Kate" is real thing now. They should have listed that in the press release rather than Agent 13.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #368
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Thought Emily was joking in that audio interview earlier today, but it looks like "Kate" is real thing now. They should have listed that in the press release rather than Agent 13.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Not necessarily.

It could be that, for the film, Agent 13 isn't related to Peggy, so they changed her name.

Or, she really is Sharon Carter, but that info is kept from Cap. Thus, this "Kate; Steve Rogers' neighbor" identity.

Either way, she'll likely be a S.H.I.E.L.D. plant sent, probably by Alexander Pierce (or maybe even Fury), to keep an eye on Steve when he's not on active S.H.I.E.L.D. duty

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 07-21-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:07 AM   #369
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Not necessarily.

It could be that, for the film, Agent 13 isn't related to Peggy, so they changed her name.

Or, she really is Sharon Carter, but that info is kept from Cap. Thus, this "Kate" identity.

Either way, she'll likely be a S.H.I.E.L.D. plant sent, probably by Alexander Pierce, to keep an eye on Steve.
I imagine that if Agent 13 was to be not Peggy's niece, they'd just give her a different last name.

i'm guessing that she's undercover and told to get close to Steve, which I think is also the case with Sam.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:16 AM   #370
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
They introduced her at the panel today as Agent 13 aka Sharon Carter. It's either something Marvel told her to say in pre-panel questioning or it's part of her role in the film.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #371
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Has it been said if Crossbones will have his mask? It'd make him stand out from the generic goons

Old 07-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #372
Mr. Dent

Sounds to me like Kate is a fake name used by Agent 13 to spy on Cap, like others have said. Explains why VanCamp doesn't want to say more. Also Kate Neville is the name of a character from Nick Fury vs. SHIELD. Seems this movie is using a lot of names from Agents vs. SHIELD that aren't what they appear to be lol.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #373
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
Has it been said if Crossbones will have his mask? It'd make him stand out from the generic goons
Seems like he's going to spend a lot of the film maskless but we may get him in a mask eventually. Grillo was being very vague/shifty on this front so it looks like Marvel doesn't want him revealing too much so soon.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:43 AM   #374
Broseph44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
It's too bad the GA is going to confuse Cap for a smurf for the first half of the movie due to his blue suit. Such a shame.

Hahahah yessss. People suck I swear. Oh he's blue he looks like mr freeze. Give me a damn break, hulk is green he looks like the jolly green giant! Ughhhhhh

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:48 AM   #375
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Hahahah yessss. People suck I swear. Oh he's blue he looks like mr freeze. Give me a damn break, hulk is green he looks like the jolly green giant! Ughhhhhh
Not as bad as reading Marvel's FB page and people confusing Drax with Kratos and Gamora for She-Hulk .

Closed Thread