The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #601
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN91 View Post
Now watch, Winter Soldier is going to not be Bucky, instead some alter ego created by Batroc to throw Cap off.
*French accent* "You want ze Winter Soldier, I AM ze Winter Soldier!"

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #602
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
The elevator scene.
I bet that scene will be a hit w/the fans.
More & more this is becoming my most anticipating movie!!

Old 07-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #603
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superherofan123 View Post
Pm me as well guys! It would be greatly appreciated!
Don't pm me!! I repeat,don't pm me!!!

Old 07-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #604
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I gotta admit, I'm very impressed with that Marvel has been doing with their Phase 2 films. Whether you love it or hate it, I thought Iron Man 3 was a considerable improvement from Iron Man 2 and took Tony Stark's character to some deep places.

From what we've seen and know of Thor:The Dark World, it seems to be an big improvement in terms of story and quality from the first Thor, and now that seems to be the same case for the Winter Soldier.

Given on how one of the biggest complaints was that the first Thor and Captain America films looked like they were held back from their budgets given the scale of the stories that they were trying to tell, I feel like a lot more effort and money has been invested in their respective sequels.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:45 PM   #605
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I gotta admit, I'm very impressed with that Marvel has been doing with their Phase 2 films. Whether you love it or hate it, I thought Iron Man 3 was a considerable improvement from Iron Man 2 and took Tony Stark's character to some deep places.

From what we've seen and know of Thor:The Dark World, it seems to be an big improvement in terms of story and quality from the first Thor, and now that seems to be the same case for the Winter Soldier.

Given on how one of the biggest complaints was that the first Thor and Captain America films looked like they were held back from their budgets given the scale of the stories that they were trying to tell, I feel like a lot more effort and money has been invested in their respective sequels.
Yep. I thought the best scenes in Thor were when he was in the other realms and it seems like he will be in other realms for a majority of Thor 2.

I also thought Cap's third act wasn't as great as the first two acts and would have preferred it if the action scenes were better (e.g. RS vs Cap) and the villain was more fleshed out. Cap 2 seems to be improving on those factors.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:02 AM   #606
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

The tonal differences of each movie, from Thor to T:TDW and CA:TFA to CA:TWS are really striking too. Each movie's growing darker, edgier, grittier. And for those who are big into fantasy/GoT adventure, TDW will satiate your needs. For those who like political thrillers and a little urban sci-fi, TWS may be your cup of tea. GOTG will be the space opera for those interested in something in the vein of Star Wars and Serenity. IM3 was a total 80's throwback/action-adventure movie with a little tech thrown in.

Each movie has it's own unique theme and tone, which is a great approach to take so the MCU itself doesn't feel like it's simply producing cookie cutter franchises. It's really a great way to approach the connected universe I think.

It's getting to the point where I'm actively seeking out interviews from the Russos. I love reading about their process with this movie, where they're getting their inspiration from, the things they want to capture and build on from the previous Cap movie. Good stuff.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:42 AM   #607
marcvader
Lurker #1

Good to hear the fight scenes will be discernable.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #608
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontkins View Post
Does anyone know if MCU Cap is still a virgin? He was definitely one at the beginning of TFA.
bwhahahaha GREAT question, but I bet Widow would fix that lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-24-2013, 02:16 AM   #609
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
And just when I thought I couldn't get any more excited for this movie.
Looking at the set videos you can tell they aren't BSing.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:45 AM   #610
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

It's funny how people originally thought that this would be the movie that ends Marvel's streak, but now people think it may be Marvel's "The Dark Knight"

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-24-2013, 02:58 AM   #611
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
It's funny how people originally thought that this would be the movie that ends Marvel's streak, but now people think it may be Marvel's "The Dark Knight"
Agreed; heck, I at first didn't give much attention to this project, especially with what I had heard about the Russos and how people had felt about them.

Now after what we've heard and seen, along with the level of talent involved, it seems like they may really knock it out of the park.

I just how that Marvel gave them the necessary funds to carry out this story properly.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:36 AM   #612
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I never thought this would be the movie that ends their streak.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-24-2013, 03:54 AM   #613
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Seriously? It's because of the choice of directors isn't it?

Quote:
Old 07-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #614
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Quote:
GSP for the win!

Old 07-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #615
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Seriously? It's because of the choice of directors isn't it?
Even though CA:TFA is in my Top 5 superhero movies, I was so worried when CA:TWS' directors were announced. Love Community, love Arrested Development, but I couldn't see how their past work would service a Cap movie.

Really starting to feel like Feige made the right decision hiring these guys.

I forgot - did the announcement that the sequel would be called The Winter Soldier predate the announcement of the Russos being attached to the project?

Old 07-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #616
DN91
Star-Spangled Man

Quote:
And then Black Widow (who's now been given the Super-Soldier Serum) kills him.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #617
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Cap always stomps BW. BW getting something like SSS...omg bbq what is this.......

Old 07-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #618
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

From all the interviews I read I am thoroughly impressed. What I once thought might be the black sheep of phase 2 might turn out to be its Golden Goose!

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #619
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Even though CA:TFA is in my Top 5 superhero movies, I was so worried when CA:TWS' directors were announced. Love Community, love Arrested Development, but I couldn't see how their past work would service a Cap movie.

Really starting to feel like Feige made the right decision hiring these guys.

I forgot - did the announcement that the sequel would be called The Winter Soldier predate the announcement of the Russos being attached to the project?
I think it came after.

I wasn't too concerned because I have like/loved all Marvel Studio's movies so far. But I wasn't too sure if it could reach it's full potential. It pains me when I hear things like "the choice of directors for TWS gives me little hope for the movie". But then again people said the same thing about the first IM.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #620
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

The announcement of the Russos came first.

I remember that Kevin Feige praised them when he announced the title at SDCC 2012, said most people don't know them now, but they will when the movie comes out.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #621
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
The announcement of the Russos came first.

I remember that Kevin Feige praised them when he announced the title at SDCC 2012, said most people don't know them now, but they will when the movie comes out.
Feige seems to have A LOT of confidence in them.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #622
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

"'Alexander Pierce' is really Red Skull" is a popular theory going around fan circles on this movie. I've always maintained that the timeline on such a theory would be out of whack, and that it just doesn't make any sense that Red Skull would have returned from his Cosmic Cube sometime between 1945 and present to begin infiltrating SHIELD higher echelons.

That being said: maybe Pierce *is* Red Skull.

Just not Johan Schmidt.

Consider Crossbones' origin story. We know from Grillo's interviews that Rumlow most likely won't don the Crossbones identity/costume in this movie, but a later one. So maybe, god help us, we should actually consult the comics for inspiration.

How did Crossbones become Crossbones? A *fake* Red Skull, Albert Malik, sent him to infiltrate Arnim Zola's stronghold. (Malik was a Soviet who had adapted Skull's persona in the height of the Cold War. ) Once Rumlow got to Zola's place, he encountered the *real* Red Skull (Schmidt), who had returned from the past and was impressed enough with his skills to hire him as a lieutenant, and gave him his nickname.

So....maybe Pierce is Malik. He sends Rumlow to Zola's, only to find that Zola is using Sleeper robots to somehow bring the *real* Red Skull back. There's your ending to CATWS.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #623
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
"'Alexander Pierce' is really Red Skull" is a popular theory going around fan circles on this movie. I've always maintained that the timeline on such a theory would be out of whack, and that it just doesn't make any sense that Red Skull would have returned from his Cosmic Cube sometime between 1945 and present to begin infiltrating SHIELD higher echelons.

That being said: maybe Pierce *is* Red Skull.

Just not Johan Schmidt.

Consider Crossbones' origin story. We know from Grillo's interviews that Rumlow most likely won't don the Crossbones identity/costume in this movie, but a later one. So maybe, god help us, we should actually consult the comics for inspiration.

How did Crossbones become Crossbones? A *fake* Red Skull, Albert Malik, sent him to infiltrate Arnim Zola's stronghold. (Malik was a Soviet who had adapted Skull's persona in the height of the Cold War. ) Once Rumlow got to Zola's place, he encountered the *real* Red Skull (Schmidt), who had returned from the past and was impressed enough with his skills to hire him as a lieutenant, and gave him his nickname.

So....maybe Pierce is Malik. He sends Rumlow to Zola's, only to find that Zola is using Sleeper robots to somehow bring the *real* Red Skull back. There's your ending to CATWS.
I'd rather Pierce be Lukin rather than Malik.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #624
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Feige seems to have A LOT of confidence in them.
Well, every interview they give, they're winning me over too. They really seem to get the material.

I do hope there is some humor and it' snot just all GRIMDARK Cap, so long as it's appropriate to the story.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #625
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, every interview they give, they're winning me over too. They really seem to get the material.

I do hope there is some humor and it' snot just all GRIMDARK Cap, so long as it's appropriate to the story.
Judging by what he says to the goons in the elevator scene I doubt it. Besides, it's Marvel, their most humourless movie was released back in 2008 (TIH).

Quote:
Closed Thread