The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #726
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I guess any mission where you need to sneak in without being detected and your end result is blowing your target up cannot be considered a stealth mission.
Tell that to Hideo Kojima.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #727
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Tell that to Hideo Kojima.
Lol. Yes, the father of my favorite PS1 game.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #728
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Fun video of interviews some of the cast gave The Hollywood Reporter at Comic-Con. Mackie and Grillo are hilarious together. All their interviews are absolute riots.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #729
TheFBI
Side-Kick

If Cap had a black ninja or combat suit everyone would have complained more than they did when the SHIELD suit was revealed.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #730
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
It's not baby blue.

This is baby blue:
Lol you do realize that's going to look different on everyone's monitor right?

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 07-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #731
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Lol you do realize that's going to look different on everyone's monitor right?
Oh, crap.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #732
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
sam got tired of being wrong about the teaser posted so now he's looking for the next thing to be wrong about

Since my post got deleted by a mod, I'll rephrase.

Could you be so kind as to tell me exactly where and how I was "wrong" about the teaser poster, and what exactly I'm looking to be "wrong" about now?

And, again, since it was deleted, let me say again for the record that I am *not* trying to turn this into an "issue." I'm perfectly fine with the new suit, and I know full well what the intent was (i.e., to get the Agent Rogers suit into the mix). I'm just saying that it's not a suit design that's especially, eh, suited for black ops. Sam Fisher, Solid Snake and Seal Team Six would not approve.

But hey, it's a comic book movie. We're supposed to argue about costumes, right? Or does that apply to everyone who isn't me? Just wondering.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #733
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

When is the earliest we can expect a trailer? Hopefully not November when Thor TDW comes out.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #734
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I don't see the function of the suit to be more stealthy, I see it more as a functional uniform. The traditional Captain America uniform is very unique but marks him as an individual. In this film he seems to be working for Shield or at least with SHIELD at one point, to me this costume shows more the allegiance Cap has to playing on a team. It's like, his tradish costume is his Avengers 'Super' costume and this is his US Agent costume.

It's less stealthy than black, sure, but it's inline with what all the other SHIELD agents are wearing.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #735
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Since my post got deleted by a mod, I'll rephrase.

Could you be so kind as to tell me exactly where and how I was "wrong" about the teaser poster, and what exactly I'm looking to be "wrong" about now?

And, again, since it was deleted, let me say again for the record that I am *not* trying to turn this into an "issue." I'm perfectly fine with the new suit, and I know full well what the intent was (i.e., to get the Agent Rogers suit into the mix). I'm just saying that it's not a suit design that's especially, eh, suited for black ops. Sam Fisher, Solid Snake and Seal Team Six would not approve.

But hey, it's a comic book movie. We're supposed to argue about costumes, right? Or does that apply to everyone who isn't me? Just wondering.
That isn't all what you were just saying. You started going off on how Steve Rogers doesn't do stealth, which is completely wrong. He did so in TFA and TA. Apparently Steve Rogers does to do stealth.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #736
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
That isn't all what you were just saying. You started going off on how Steve Rogers doesn't do stealth, which is completely wrong. He did so in TFA and TA. Apparently Steve Rogers does to do stealth.
Okay, you're right. Steve Rogers is a sneaker; can't see how I overlooked that in the past 70 years. Does all his best work from the shadows, and in the dead of night, like a ninja. They'll nevarrrr seeeee him comingggggg

Old 07-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #737
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Well, he does do a lot of spec ops style missions. I've definitely seen him do that in the comics. It might end up in punching and kicking but there have definitely been plenty of stealthy, tactical insertions into enemy territory.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #738
boocherhix
Jack Donaghy's Love Child

Quote:
They'll nevarrrr seeeee him comingggggg

"I've yet to see any demons on the ward, and I'm particularly observant. So go back to your lab & make me a pill that can cure madness or I'll kick your ass so hard you'll be able to build a pool in the footprint. Understood?" ~ Dean Learner, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #739
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds

Quote:
Okay, you're right. Steve Rogers is a sneaker; can't see how I overlooked that in the past 70 years. Does all his best work from the shadows, and in the dead of night, like a ninja. They'll nevarrrr seeeee him comingggggg
Can we move past if Cap can sneak around or not and just dwell on the fact that they are finally showing the agility and the hand-to-hand combat expertise that he is most known for??

Old 07-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #740
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
In Sam's defense (god forbid at this point, based on what is going on lol) Stealth is not the same as being sneaky, or "sneaking"...

here is how I see what is going on. In his eyes, the directors have implied that he will in fact, be stealthy, and the suit is a stealth suit. His beef with this, is that Captain America usually isn't stealthy, and despite what has been said, the new suit really doesn't appear to be stealthy. Given by his outburst to the AoU bit, I think people are sort of being a bit hard, judgmental/ and overreacting to what Sam's intentions are because of the aggravation that the AoU outburst caused.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #741
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

... sneaking and stealth are synonyms. Not interchangeable, sure, but Captain America spends too much time sneaking into enemy territory at the behest of Intelligence organizations to be begrudged a stealth title. Black Widow doesn't even stealth in the films, she infiltrates. Captain America actually sneaks into places where a dark blue suit would be of benefit. The stance of "well, if it's not black it's not stealthy at all!" isn't logic, especially since dark blue is actually suggested for urban camoflage over black, because in real life, black stands out because shadows aren't true black.

If Sam goes off about how using the Steve Rogers suit isn't Captain America enough for him, I can respect that. Saying Dark Blue isn't stealthy, I can't respect that.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #742
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
In Sam's defense (god forbid at this point, based on what is going on lol) Stealth is not the same as being sneaky, or "sneaking"...

here is how I see what is going on. In his eyes, the directors have implied that he will in fact, be stealthy, and the suit is a stealth suit. His beef with this, is that Captain America usually isn't stealthy, and despite what has been said, the new suit really doesn't appear to be stealthy. Given by his outburst to the AoU bit, I think people are sort of being a bit hard, judgmental/ and overreacting to what Sam's intentions are because of the aggravation that the AoU outburst caused.
Did you see his Peggy Cater outburst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
If Sam goes off about how using the Steve Rogers suit isn't Captain America enough for him, I can respect that. Saying Dark Blue isn't stealthy, I can't respect that.
And calling it baby blue.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #743
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

What's gonna happen when an old Hank Pym stealthily slow-dances with Ultron in Avengers 3?

Old 07-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #744
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
What's gonna happen when an old Hank Pym stealthily slow-dances with Ultron in Avengers 3?

Quote:
Old 07-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #745
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post

Old 07-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #746
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

You guys win the internet

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 07-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #747
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Hahahaha

Old 07-27-2013, 05:10 PM   #748
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
... sneaking and stealth are synonyms. Not interchangeable, sure, but Captain America spends too much time sneaking into enemy territory at the behest of Intelligence organizations to be begrudged a stealth title. Black Widow doesn't even stealth in the films, she infiltrates. Captain America actually sneaks into places where a dark blue suit would be of benefit. The stance of "well, if it's not black it's not stealthy at all!" isn't logic, especially since dark blue is actually suggested for urban camoflage over black, because in real life, black stands out because shadows aren't true black.

Depends on how you define "dark blue" and "light blue." I seriously don't see *any* dark blue on that shield except the usual in the center (star) circle; the repainted shield has been done up in *light* blue. If that shield looks *dark* blue to you, more power to you, and maybe my computer needs a new graphics card, I dunno.

In any event, all the arguing in the world about what color the costume is remains irrelevant when you're discussing stealth, because the one thing that kills the idea of "Ninja Cap" altogether is a big honkin' shiny trash-can lid flying around.

If the Russos wanted to assign Cap to an actual covert ops team on SHIELD and do "realistic" spycraft, there's plenty of ways they could've made an authentic approach to it. They didn't, and there's still nothing remotely subtle about Cap's handiwork, even as a SHIELD agent. He's still a superhero, and I'm pretty sure that's always been the intent.

Unless you consider running gun battles with the entire DC police force and a full-on SHIELD STRIKE team through the streets of Washington at rush hour "stealthy."

Old 07-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #749
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Yes, lets take Captain America's shield away. That makes complete sense!!!!

Old 07-27-2013, 06:23 PM   #750
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Good interview with Sebastian Stan describing the film and the preparation he did.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusi...winter-soldier

Closed Thread