The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 12-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #326
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread - Part 1

Agreed.....something little I liked, don't know if it was brought up already, but when Clark was talking to Lois at the graveyard.....when he said" he was convinced that world wasn't ready. I loved the way Henry delivered that line....he tilts his head to the side and slightly up, and it made him looked soo dignified, in such a supermanly way.....I'm soo proud that we have our superman

Old 12-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #327
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

One of the things about the movie I am coming to appreciate more and more is Meloni and Lennix's performances. IMO, they both took what could be considered very small roles and elevated them. I say this and I'm unfamiliar with Lennix and generally not impressed by Meloni, but both of them really added their own distinct touch to their roles. LOL...Though Meloni's "a good death is its own reward" line is corny on face, the actually look he gives to Faora while he is saying it is priceless.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #328
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
Agreed.....something little I liked, don't know if it was brought up already, but when Clark was talking to Lois at the graveyard.....when he said" he was convinced that world wasn't ready. I loved the way Henry delivered that line....he tilts his head to the side and slightly up, and it made him looked soo dignified, in such a supermanly way.....I'm soo proud that we have our superman
I noticed the head tilt as well. I actually enjoyed the subtleties in Cavill's performance.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:57 AM   #329
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Have already posted a thorough outline of the stuff I loved in MOS.
But to be honest, every time I watch it I find something new.
Got it on now, as I'm killing time before I need to go pick up my wife from work, just after midnight (no big NYE party for us), and I'm hooked right from the first heartbeat.

MOS is pure unadulterated awesomeness. Unlike TDKR, MOS gets better every time
I see it.

Peace out Super fans, and a very happy new year ! (we get the New Year down here before everyone else, well, everyone else except Samoa)

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:09 AM   #330
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
Have already posted a thorough outline of the stuff I loved in MOS.
But to be honest, every time I watch it I find something new.
Got it on now, as I'm killing time before I need to go pick up my wife from work, just after midnight (no big NYE party for us), and I'm hooked right from the first heartbeat.

MOS is pure unadulterated awesomeness. Unlike TDKR, MOS gets better every time
I see it.

Peace out Super fans, and a very happy new year ! (we get the New Year down here before everyone else, well, everyone else except Samoa)
Same for me TDKR I find I dislike more and more I see it. I still like the film but its problems overshadow my overall enjoyment. Man of Steel just keeps on getting better and I think Snyders use of the word awesome is apt to describe Man of Steel.

Happy New Year

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 06:52 AM   #331
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I noticed the head tilt as well. I actually enjoyed the subtleties in Cavill's performance.
Yea spidey, he really did a great job, and it's mind boggling to me when people called him wooden at times........I must be blind or something, cause every scene he nailed....I can't wait to see his Clark kent reporter side

Old 12-31-2013, 06:57 AM   #332
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Definitely, that wooden comment was very bizarre to me. I saw so much personality in his Clark/Superman.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #333
jacobed
Banned User

Noticed for the first time yesterday is Superman's hand underneathe Zod's head. Trying to pull his head away from the people and its also in neck snapping position.

When I saw this in theaters people were pissed when Superman and Lois kiss because they thought that was the end of the movie. And then Zod comes out of the rubble and its like.hell yes the big battle here we go

Last edited by jacobed; 12-31-2013 at 12:12 PM.
jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #334
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Yea spidey, he really did a great job, and it's mind boggling to me when people called him wooden at times........I must be blind or something, cause every scene he nailed....I can't wait to see his Clark kent reporter side
Yep reporter Clark should be interesting.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #335
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Just been watching Man of Steel on blu ray and wow does it look amazing in HD. One thing i noticed that I haven't before that I love is when the ship sets down in the desert to pick up Superman and the way his cape is flowing is just stunning, especially in the wide birds eye view shot.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:57 AM   #336
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Definitely, that wooden comment was very bizarre to me. I saw so much personality in his Clark/Superman.
I dont get it either, people say he was too wooden or is a limited actor, I saw neither of these things in MOS, he was great, and the little subtleties he gives Superman/Clark in the movie were great. Like the looks he gives Lois in the arctic ship after she is attacked by the robot and is trying to fight him away, he gives Lois this look that just calms her down completely, and its brilliant the way he does it.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #337
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Another moment I really loved was when Clark was talking to Jor El on the black zero and his cape is just fluttering. Then he does the jesus pose as he sets off to save Lois and the music that kicks in is superb.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #338
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Yep, I love that moment as well, love before the music kicks in and Jor-El says to Clark, "....you can save her Kal, you can save them all." Great stuff.

One little moment I love in the Smallville fight is when Zamek and Faora have Superman pinned to the ground, then he unleashes his heat ray on them, probably my favourite moment in the movie, I smile like a big kid everytime that moment comes on.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #339
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
^Yep, I love that moment as well, love before the music kicks in and Jor-El says to Clark, "....you can save her Kal, you can save them all." Great stuff.

One little moment I love in the Smallville fight is when Zamek and Faora have Superman pinned to the ground, then he unleashes his heat ray on them, probably my favourite moment in the movie, I smile like a big kid everytime that moment comes on.
Yeah love that line

Love that scene too.

Another thing I love when Lois is on the black zero with Jor El and her face mask thing turns off. The way the music kicks in there is superb. Sounded like something from the 80s which I loved.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #340
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

I started to tear when Clark saved the school bus....from the moment the top of the bus peaks out the water, the score playing, was just perfect.....

Old 01-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #341
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
I started to tear when Clark saved the school bus....from the moment the top of the bus peaks out the water, the score playing, was just perfect.....
Oh, that was such an awesome scene.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #342
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
That scene always gives me chills. I love the music and the way Clark is so calm inside the bus. When I watched MOS for the first time this scene gave me chills and it still does after my Nth viewing...lol

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #343
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

I love how Snyder and the MOS team did the terraforming effect. pretty natural and groundbreaking. And Zimmer made the song unforgettable.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #344
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

The first sounds you hear in the movie playing over the opening logos. The ambient, ethereal score and the unique, intriguining sounds of Kelex, followed shortly by the musical theme and the sounds of Lara giving birth. (then followed by Clark's first yell and the transition to the Krypton-beast giving out a yell). Just perfect.

Whenever I open the movie on my computer, meaning to jump to a specific scene, I always end up accidentally watching the first scene because I get instantly sucked in once I hear these sounds.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #345
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah love that line

Love that scene too.

Another thing I love when Lois is on the black zero with Jor El and her face mask thing turns off. The way the music kicks in there is superb. Sounded like something from the 80s which I loved.
Yeah that bit was great, Zimmer gave us a great score for this, and it grows on me each time I watch it like the rest of the movie.

Quote:
That bit is amazing, as Charl said I got goosebumps the moment I saw it in the cinema and get them every time I see that scene, awesome stuff. I loved all of the flashback scenes they were great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
The first sounds you hear in the movie playing over the opening logos. The ambient, ethereal score and the unique, intriguining sounds of Kelex, followed shortly by the musical theme and the sounds of Lara giving birth. (then followed by Clark's first yell and the transition to the Krypton-beast giving out a yell). Just perfect.

Whenever I open the movie on my computer, meaning to jump to a specific scene, I always end up accidentally watching the first scene because I get instantly sucked in once I hear these sounds.
Yeah the movie does suck you in from the get go, I think it was a clever decision to show Superman from birth this time, feels like we really go on a journey with him.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:15 AM   #346
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah that bit was great, Zimmer gave us a great score for this, and it grows on me each time I watch it like the rest of the movie.

That bit is amazing, as Charl said I got goosebumps the moment I saw it in the cinema and get them every time I see that scene, awesome stuff. I loved all of the flashback scenes they were great.

Yeah the movie does suck you in from the get go, I think it was a clever decision to show Superman from birth this time, feels like we really go on a journey with him.
On that note, the first sound we actually hear (other than music) is Kal El's heartbeat. I've got it playing on the computer now. I believe that this is completely intentional.

MOS is one of those films, if you put it on in the background (for ambient noise while you're working, or whatever) sooner or later you get sucked in. For me, I start if from the beginning, as soon as the dream-like music starts and I hear that heartbeat, I'm pretty much sucked in.

I'm totally on the same page with AVEITWITHJAMON, in that this film is
a journey, and an epic one at that .
I like the fact that it isn't an easy journey, it's a struggle - which I think justifies the more serious tone. I liked the fact that his very birth is an act of rebellion, and at the same time Krypton is at war with itself.

In comparison, I loved Iron Man (the first one), but it doesn't grab you on an emotional level like MOS (could be my bias, as I'm much more of a Super-fan !) but while I cared a bit about about Tony Stark, (who up until captivity had been a self-centred *******) his journey is becoming slightly morally responsible for his actions. It's nowhere near the arc that Kal-El/Clark goes through, which is about finding out who he really is, and deciding who he's going to be.

When he walks out with the suit on it was a massive thrill for me, because it was like Superman walking straight off the page of a comic book - say what you want about Cavill, but boy he looks the part right down to the attitude- anyway, It's an emotional thing.

Anyway, when Lois says "Welcome to the planet" and he says " Glad to be here Lois." you feel like he's finally arrived, in terms of deciding who he's going to be. The journey isn't complete, but he's certainly on his way.

Definitely gets better every time I see it. (especially the battle of Smallville, but that's something for another thread).

Peace out Super-fans !

(btw, MOS is so awesome on every level, and made even more-so because it includes one of my favourite Chris Cornell songs, from way back in the early 90's, "Seasons")

Old 01-08-2014, 06:36 AM   #347
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I also love the fact that we were finally given a NEW LIVE ACTION interpretation of Krypton, thus breaking away from the Donner Films.

For whatever reasons, TV Series like "Superboy", "Lois & Clark", and even "Smallville", chose to incorporate a lot of aspects from Donner's krypton into their own versions, mainly Jor-el's and Lara's appearance were Jor-el is much older than Lara and how he has his trademark white colored hair and white suit, with his Black Emblem on his chest.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #348
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
On that note, the first sound we actually hear (other than music) is Kal El's heartbeat. I've got it playing on the computer now. I believe that this is completely intentional.

MOS is one of those films, if you put it on in the background (for ambient noise while you're working, or whatever) sooner or later you get sucked in. For me, I start if from the beginning, as soon as the dream-like music starts and I hear that heartbeat, I'm pretty much sucked in.

I'm totally on the same page with AVEITWITHJAMON, in that this film is
a journey, and an epic one at that .
I like the fact that it isn't an easy journey, it's a struggle - which I think justifies the more serious tone. I liked the fact that his very birth is an act of rebellion, and at the same time Krypton is at war with itself.

In comparison, I loved Iron Man (the first one), but it doesn't grab you on an emotional level like MOS (could be my bias, as I'm much more of a Super-fan !) but while I cared a bit about about Tony Stark, (who up until captivity had been a self-centred *******) his journey is becoming slightly morally responsible for his actions. It's nowhere near the arc that Kal-El/Clark goes through, which is about finding out who he really is, and deciding who he's going to be.

When he walks out with the suit on it was a massive thrill for me, because it was like Superman walking straight off the page of a comic book - say what you want about Cavill, but boy he looks the part right down to the attitude- anyway, It's an emotional thing.

Anyway, when Lois says "Welcome to the planet" and he says " Glad to be here Lois." you feel like he's finally arrived, in terms of deciding who he's going to be. The journey isn't complete, but he's certainly on his way.

Definitely gets better every time I see it. (especially the battle of Smallville, but that's something for another thread).

Peace out Super-fans !

(btw, MOS is so awesome on every level, and made even more-so because it includes one of my favourite Chris Cornell songs, from way back in the early 90's, "Seasons")
I couldnt agree more with all of this, the epic journey from birth into being accepted on earth as their champion is just amazing, and all the little things in between really make the journey hard fought but totally worth it.

In this regard, I love the priest scene as well, the dialogue in it just perfect and then the switch from "Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith, the trust part comes later" to Superman floating in front of the army out in public in his suit for the 1st time is just amazing stuff. Stuff like this is why the movie is a lot cleverer than people give it credit for.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #349
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

So true.....I love this thread.....it feels like Xgiving all the time in here....

Old 01-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #350
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
In this regard, I love the priest scene as well, the dialogue in it just perfect and then the switch from "Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith, the trust part comes later" to Superman floating in front of the army out in public in his suit for the 1st time is just amazing stuff. Stuff like this is why the movie is a lot cleverer than people give it credit for.
Tru dat !