The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 02-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #476
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread - Part 1

I just noticed on how Clark's line against Zod about threatening his mother really had a larger touch to it after realizing on how Zod had also threatened Lara as well back on Krypton.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #477
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I just noticed on how Clark's line against Zod about threatening his mother really had a larger touch to it after realizing on how Zod had also threatened Lara as well back on Krypton.
Hmmm never thought of that.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:28 PM   #478
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Yeah I never thought of that either, good spot, makes the comment much more interesting.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:36 PM   #479
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Hmmm never thought of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Yeah I never thought of that either, good spot, makes the comment much more interesting.
lol; yeah, I only just realized it after seeing it again recently.

Heck, you could even notice that Lara was a little phased from when Zod first approached her during his trial after condemning the council, but that she did her best to conceal it with a brave face.

One can only imagine on what Zod would have resorted towards doing to her if he didn't have the Council's guards holding onto him while he was in chains.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:58 AM   #480
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Super dudes ! Check out this video, it was in the complaints thread,
but boy, does it do a great job of proving the unbridled awesomeness
of MOS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4KMNj76mzg

Also, time for today's little awesome thing about MOS......Faora !

Especially, that little smile Faora gives Hardy, after he's unloaded his sub-machinegun and .45 into her, with no effect. She gives her head a little tilt, and that cheeky little smile that says " Is that all you've got ?"

Antje Traue did an amazing job of those little things, she could have been
way OTT with Faora, but played it sooooo cool. Now I've heard people ***** about MOS, but haven't heard anyone complain about Faora, best hench-person ever ! She almost upstages Zod a few times, if she ever makes
a reappearance in a future DC film, I'll go see it !

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:38 AM   #481
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
lee... You just blew my mind. Wow. Great catch. It also now feels like Snyder's intention as well in hindsight. See, the movie works on multiple levels people.

As for what Bmannerisms stated, I would just like to add that I love the shot of Faora rising up after crashing into the bank vault after she throws Supes. Traue did a lot with relatively little just from posture and body language.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:36 PM   #482
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
lol; yeah, I only just realized it after seeing it again recently.

Heck, you could even notice that Lara was a little phased from when Zod first approached her during his trial after condemning the council, but that she did her best to conceal it with a brave face.

One can only imagine on what Zod would have resorted towards doing to her if he didn't have the Council's guards holding onto him while he was in chains.
Yeah it probably would have taken me at least another few viewings to catch it, if I did at all. It does give both scenes more meaning though which is great.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #483
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I love the moment after Faora jumps out of the barn, when she walks to Zod and tells him "The Codex is not here".

She looks so sad, in a cute kind of way.

I want to see these two happy

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-09-2014 at 09:00 PM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:48 AM   #484
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I love the moment after Faora jumps out of the barn, when she walks to Zod and tells him "The Codex is not here".

She looks so sad, in a cute kind of way.

I want to see these two happy
Yeah, if Zod had just opened his eyes, and realised that he and Faora could kick start the New Krypton (while retaining their super-powers) and of course would have had precisely the kind of blood-lines that he was wanting to preserve.............then it all could have been okay. She's probably in the Phantom Zone right now, missing her general.

Anyway, time to add something else I loved about MOS,
might have mentioned it before, Chris Cornell.

I love Chris Cornell's music ( solo stuff, Soundgarden, Audioslave) and the track they chose "Seasons" was perfectly suited to the scene of Clark resuming his wanderings, and the transition to his flashback of saving the busload of kids.

Good music can really set the scene, and while Zimmer's score was brilliant, IMO, this is the one piece of popular/rock music that was prominently featured in the film, and boy did it work.

So, big props for Snyder for choosing the perfect music for the scene/transition, and a happy coincidence that it was from one of my favourite artists. Thanks Snyder, job well done.

Peace out super-fans !

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:58 AM   #485
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

WoodyRom brought this up before, but I'm really appreciating the little ticks and nods from Zod as he learned to master his powers. Shannon did such a great job with that.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:43 AM   #486
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

I saw MOS today after long long months, my third time.

I noticed a very interesting thing about the use of the weather with Superman. I had noticed before that every scene with a pre-Superman Clark Kent - as a boy, teenager or young man - is set in a scene where the weather is cloudy. This, because I think it represents his inner depressive state and life; growing as a friendless boy, not allowed to play with others, considered a freak and bullied constantly. Only when Pa Kent talks to him I remember a little shine of sunlight (as if it were the enlightenment his father is trying to inject into him). And then, when he is in the Superman suit for the first time and walks out of the spaceship, for the first time you can see sunlight hitting his face and he is specially moved and affected by this.

This was interesting and it adds something subtle to the movie.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:40 AM   #487
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Cloudy/stormy weather very much felt related to Clark's period of uncertainty and having to hide.

During the scene where Pa Kent decides to tell Clark the reason why he has to hide his powers, the sun is setting. After that, we get cloudy skies during the bullying scene where he has to hold back, and really cloudy skies & a tornado (the absolute extreme for this weather) for Pa Kent's death (the absolute extreme example of Clark feeling conflicted about having to hold back for the greater good), etc.

Note the contrast between the wet "Terrence Malick-esque" shots of rain when Clark emerges in some stranger's yard after the Oil Rig scene, and the warm Malicky shots once he comes home, after having gained some direction in life via Jor El in the arctic (where the skies first began to clear).

In the last flashback (which takes place before Clark's period of hiding/confusion), we're again treated to the sunny "Malicky" shots. It sort of brings it full circle, connecting and reconciling Clark's period of innocence & humanity with Clark's period of responsibility & sacrifice, which is basically what Clark's character arc was.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-17-2014 at 03:17 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:54 AM   #488
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

That's really interesting and yet another reason I think Snyder is underrated as a story teller. I swear you could turn he dialogue off in this film and you'd get so much just from Snyder's visuals.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:57 AM   #489
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post

Anyway, time to add something else I loved about MOS,
might have mentioned it before, Chris Cornell.

I love Chris Cornell's music ( solo stuff, Soundgarden, Audioslave) and the track they chose "Seasons" was perfectly suited to the scene of Clark resuming his wanderings, and the transition to his flashback of saving the busload of kids.

Good music can really set the scene, and while Zimmer's score was brilliant, IMO, this is the one piece of popular/rock music that was prominently featured in the film, and boy did it work.

So, big props for Snyder for choosing the perfect music for the scene/transition, and a happy coincidence that it was from one of my favourite artists. Thanks Snyder, job well done.

Peace out super-fans !
Agreed, even if the lyrics are on the nose, I just love it. Great mood. Very 'American'.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #490
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Another thing to add is that....well while it can be argued on whether Snyder did a great job in carrying this out, I just found it interesting on how, in this take of the character...he comes from a world where everyone's role within society is determined before they're born and how Clark was the first one born to create his own path in life, as his father had wanted him... and despite all of that, Clark ironically spent most of his life trying to find his path and place within society since he didn't know where he belonged, which again is symbolic to the reasons behind his conception and how Krypton was like.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #491
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

One thing I really appreciate is the trailer I just saw for MOS with the Blu-ray rental for Pacific Rim. Since I don't go to the movies anymore, I didn't see any of the movie trailers for MOS. The one I just saw was fantastic, and I even noticed a missing scene that wasn't in the movie. I so hope Snyder gives us a director's cut, or an extended edition. Though I just have to say I really appreciated that trailer. It was a great trailer... :-) It made me want to watch the movie or buy another copy of MOS! lol

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #492
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

The trailers were fantastic. Which scene are you referring to?

Romans 8:38-39

Last edited by WoodyROM; 02-19-2014 at 12:28 PM.
WoodyROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #493
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

It's a scene where Clark is playing with a dog. He still has on the clothes he was wearing that he stole after saving the men on the oil rig.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #494
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

That's still in it when he strokes him on the stairs?

Old 02-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #495
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

That's right, I forgot that wasn't in the movie. There's also some dialog in a trailer that was left out, "I won't betray them", "you already have". Would love to see those additional scenes

Old 02-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #496
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
That's still in it when he strokes him on the stairs?
I don't remember it and feel like I would remember it. Is it a part of the montage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
That's right, I forgot that wasn't in the movie. There's also some dialog in a trailer that was left out, "I won't betray them", "you already have". Would love to see those additional scenes
Really...I must have missed that.

I bet there's a lot of "little moments" like that just lying on the cutting room floor. I really hope we get an extended edition.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:18 PM   #497
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I really hope we get an extended edition.
First in the line to buy it.
Seriously I hope they release it.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:10 AM   #498
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I don't remember it and feel like I would remember it. Is it a part of the montage?

Really...I must have missed that.
Yeah its right before he sees the bus.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-20-2014, 02:26 AM   #499
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

No on my version....I have watched that scene extensively and it starts with the AWESOME shirtless scene. Which if I didn't mention is something I really appreciated, and then it goes to him slipping on the jacket. I will put the movie in now and watch it, but I am SO sure it went this way on my version I'm willing to bet on it. ;-)

Old 02-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #500
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Yeah, it's not in the movie, or at least not my version.