Old 11-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #201
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Little Things" You Appreciated/Loved Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
"Welcome to the planet, Clark"

"Happy to be here." *smiles*

Such a perfect way to end the film and basically sums up everything in two sentences.

Another thing I liked: Hans Zimmer's score. Soooo good. I know people are mixed on zimmer but man can he orchestrate a heart thumping theme. I must have listened to "What are you going to do when you are not saving the world" close to a hundred times since the movie came out. Its maybe my favorite superhero theme next to Elfman's Batman theme.
This

Old 11-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #202
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'd like to second that post.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #203
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Lois screwing around with Clark's chest hair.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #204
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I must have listened to "What are you going to do when you are not saving the world" close to a hundred times since the movie came out. Its maybe my favorite superhero theme next to Elfman's Batman theme.
If I just had to pick one Superman cue, it would be this. It's brilliant. Strength, hope, elation and victory. I also feel 'America' in there too.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #205
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
If I just had to pick one Superman cue, it would be this. It's brilliant. Strength, hope, elation and victory. I also feel 'America' in there too.
America? how so??

Old 11-21-2013, 04:19 AM   #206
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Zod: "Kal -EL. You don't know how long we've been searching for you.."
Clark: "I take it you're Zod?"
Faora: "GENERAL ZOD! OUR COMMANDER!"

^Always loved that part. It shows how strong, loyal and ruthless Faora is to her race and General.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #207
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
That's a nice find about the somersault. I just watched the scene myself and slowed it down. Snyder needs to bring back his slo-mo shots.

The scene when Superman escaped the collapsing building in Metropolis, I couldn't tell initially but the debris really does clip his flight and causes him spiral out of control into the streets.
Yeah, that's what I have noticed as well. The flying in this is adds all kinds of dimension. Supes's flight and movements in the air are brilliant. When he even saves Lois for the first time from Black-Zero and they're standing in the cornfield, him and Lois meet eyes, he hears Zod at the Kent farm and takes off. He actually takes off backwards and you can see him summersault in the air to straighten out. Good stuff.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #208
HighFivingMF
Welp.

The polar bear.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #209
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Superman should have fought that Polar Bear.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #210
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Yeah, that's what I have noticed as well. The flying in this is adds all kinds of dimension. Supes's flight and movements in the air are brilliant. When he even saves Lois for the first time from Black-Zero and they're standing in the cornfield, him and Lois meet eyes, he hears Zod at the Kent farm and takes off. He actually takes off backwards and you can see him summersault in the air to straighten out. Good stuff.
Agreed. Honestly, flying has never looked that good in a movie.

Kryptonian Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #211
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Curious, what did everyone else here think about the scene involving Superman trying to stop the World Engine while we saw Perry and Steve trying to save Jenny?

Personally, it's one of my ALL TIME favorite Superman scenes, and I've heard a lot of people talk about on how much they enjoyed it, so I was wondering if I could other people's opinions regarding that scene.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #212
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Curious, what did everyone else here think about the scene involving Superman trying to stop the World Engine while we saw Perry and Steve trying to save Jenny?

Personally, it's one of my ALL TIME favorite Superman scenes, and I've heard a lot of people talk about on how much they enjoyed it, so I was wondering if I could other people's opinions regarding that scene.
Brought tears to my eyes. Wonderful music and the little shout out to Reeve was beautiful.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #213
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:

I remember I didnt like it during my 1st viewing. Thinking it's dragging

Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #214
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:

Simply put, I loved that scene.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #215
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:

It was amazing, and the music really enhances the scene, imo.

Kryptonian Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #216
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

To be honest, I didn't give a crap about Jenny.

The music in the scene was epic though.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #217
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

One of the little touches I'm happy the movie added was real laser beam eyes. I didn't like what they did in SV or SR. I wanted to see something similar to the comics and the cartoons so I was happy they just went there with it. They even added the sound effects...love it!

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #218
Azrael24
Side-Kick

Quote:

THE most heroic scene in any Superman film. Hands down. Perfect, the determination, the stakes, the music, awesome.

I also think the scene where he initially flies into Zod at the farm was amazing. Yes the subsequent beating Zod took in the grass as they were flying was cool, but that initially flight to hit was something you see right out of a comic book.

Azrael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #219
samsnee
Side-Kick

The score was the best thing about this movie. Only now seeing it for the second time, and the destruction at the end just seems like overkill. It was really hard for me to care about Perry and Jenny surviving after witness probably thousands die just minutes before.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #220
Azrael24
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
The score was the best thing about this movie. Only now seeing it for the second time, and the destruction at the end just seems like overkill. It was really hard for me to care about Perry and Jenny surviving after witness probably thousands die just minutes before.
The destruction at the end may have been a little overkill true, but honestly it was no more destruction than say Battle for Metropolis in the comics, the Death of Superman, or the Reign of the Supermen (where Coast City was utterly decimated and turned into War World). Comics have tons of destruction on massive scales. For me at least, this was the first movie that was a realistic depiction of a comicbook film (nolan films were too realistic in some regards).

Azrael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #221
samsnee
Side-Kick

I understand that argument and it's valid. Doesn't mean it's still not disturbing when you see it in live action. I get Snyder was trying to convey the realistic aspect of two gods duking it out though.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #222
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
I understand that argument and it's valid. Doesn't mean it's still not disturbing when you see it in live action. I get Snyder was trying to convey the realistic aspect of two gods duking it out though.
That and He actually got most of the inspiration from the Superman vs Doomsday fight. Go by or rent Superman Doomsday. You can look at it for free if you have an Amazon Prime account and I think its on Netflix too.

The problem is that most Superman viewers aren't used to seeing things like that in relationship to Superman. It done all the time in Superman Comics but It's never done in Superman Film or TV. I for one am glad Synder did it.

Superman vs Doomsday
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

To get back on subject. The little things I loved were the shockwaves coming off there bodies when ever there flesh would collide.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-23-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #223
Jaxon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
That and He actually got most of the inspiration from the Superman vs Doomsday fight. Go by or rent Superman Doomsday. You can look at it for free if you have an Amazon Prime account and I think its on Netflix too.

The problem is that most Superman viewers aren't used to seeing things like that in relationship to Superman. It done all the time in Superman Comics but It's never done in Superman Film or TV. I for one am glad Synder did it.

Superman vs Doomsday
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

To get back on subject. The little things I loved were the shockwaves coming off there bodies when ever there flesh would collide.

I love the Zod's chop to Kal-El's throat, shows some glimpses of a trained fighter in his combat technique

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #224
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Clark unknowingly took up after their fathers in taking a leap of faith:

- Jor-El sent his son out into space to save his life, not knowing whether he'd make it to Earth. But he had faith that he would.

- Jonathan Kent sacrificed his life so his son wouldn't use his powers and risk exposure before the right time, believing Clark would become the hero he saw potential in the final flashback. No guarantee Clark would do that, but Jonathan gave his life it would happen.

- And of course, Clark took a leap of faith publicly revealing himself to try to save Earth from Zod, not knowing whether humanity would accept or reject him.

The Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #225
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael24 View Post
THE most heroic scene in any Superman film. Hands down. Perfect, the determination, the stakes, the music, awesome.

I also think the scene where he initially flies into Zod at the farm was amazing. Yes the subsequent beating Zod took in the grass as they were flying was cool, but that initially flight to hit was something you see right out of a comic book.
This......I remember sinking in my chair looking around and tearing up, trying to catch anyone else feeling like how I was at the moment lol......it was like the scene made think of how much I love superman......i wish he was real sometimes....