The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

View Poll Results: Who should join the X-Men?
Pixie 1 11.11%
M 2 22.22%
Dazzler 5 55.56%
Scarlet Witch 1 11.11%
Polaris 6 66.67%
X-23 3 33.33%
Northstar 3 33.33%
Danger 0 0%
Forge 5 55.56%
Thunderbird 2 22.22%
Sunfire 3 33.33%
Frenzy 1 11.11%
Emma Frost 3 33.33%
Cable 3 33.33%
Magik 2 22.22%
Cannonball 1 11.11%
Mirage 1 11.11%
Ometra 0 0%
Gambit 3 33.33%
Husk 0 0%
Juggernaut 0 0%
Sabretooth 0 0%
Cecilia Reyes 1 11.11%
Armor 2 22.22%
Bishop 4 44.44%
Shard 0 0%
Chamber 1 11.11%
Darwin 1 11.11%
Morph 1 11.11%
Elixir 0 0%
Hellion 1 11.11%
Mercury 2 22.22%
Oya 1 11.11%
Prodigy 0 0%
Rachel Grey 2 22.22%
Rover (Sentinel) 1 11.11%
Rockslide 1 11.11%
Surge 1 11.11%
Sway 1 11.11%
Dust 2 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2016, 05:04 AM   #1
Leo Zelinsky
Side-Kick

Default Who should be the next to join the X-Men?

Post your most anticipated potential additions to future X-Men films.

I'm not gay (Not that there's anything wrong with that), but Northstar needs to be an X-Man. He's the world first gay super hero and he's an X-Man this franchise is so ahead of its time. FoX needs to cast Jean-Paul

Leo Zelinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:56 AM   #2
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who should be the next to join the X-Men?

I'd rather an Alpha Flight movie with Northstar.

If we're talking the X-Men proper and not New Mutants, I'd say Dazzler. Plus, the more modern the X-Men get, the less the disco makes sense (even in the 80s, it's anachronistic). I've never seen her act (I know she's on American Horror Story), but does anyone think Lady Gaga could pull it off?

I think there's a diminishing window with Alex Summers (I'm still curious how the movie will handle that), so I'd also be in favor of Polaris.

Some of those names, like Darwin, are not possibilities since he was in First Class and died.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:50 AM   #3
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Polaris and a young Colossus.

Old 02-25-2016, 12:25 AM   #4
x-er
Side-Kick

I'd like to see Northstar interact with Gambit.

x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:46 AM   #5
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I assumed the answer was yes, but does Fox own the rights to Alpha Flight? I recalled an episode of Agents of SHIELD namedrop Department H and I don't recall Deadpool mentioning Department K, so I wonder if maybe they don't.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:06 AM   #6
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I assumed the answer was yes, but does Fox own the rights to Alpha Flight? I recalled an episode of Agents of SHIELD namedrop Department H and I don't recall Deadpool mentioning Department K, so I wonder if maybe they don't.
I doubt FOX controls the name - a few years back Marvel filed new trademark applications for Alpha Flight along with MCU related properties like Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy. But my guess is many of the characters, including the Hudsons (Heather was in XMO:W) and the Beaubiers, fall under the X-Men family licensing agreement.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:04 AM   #7
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I doubt FOX controls the name - a few years back Marvel filed new trademark applications for Alpha Flight along with MCU related properties like Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy. But my guess is many of the characters, including the Hudsons (Heather was in XMO:W) and the Beaubiers, fall under the X-Men family licensing agreement.
This seems to be the most likely scenario. Big Hero 6 actually has some heavy ties to Alpha Flight, and Disney managed to keep those rights. I'd guess Alpha Flight is in an awkward position where Mutant members are Fox but Marvel has some of the other stuff. A true Alpha Flight movie might not be practical until the studios learn how to cooperate.

Hell, maybe that's why Marvel overhauled Alpha Flight into a Carol Danvers thing.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:33 AM   #8
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Post-Apocalypse, I think the most logical additions would be any one of Dazzler, Polaris, Forge, Sunfire or some lesser known like Cecillia Reyes, Longshot or Thunderbird.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:42 AM   #9
Frankeh
We had a little help

For me it depends. The lineup is crowded as it is (Jean Grey, Cyclops, Beast, Nightcrawler, Storm, maybe Jubes is part of the team at the end) and I don't want a character added just to be background dressing, as I would prefer if they just gave people like Jubilee a bigger role in the next one... but we all know how FOX is so we'll probably get a new team member anyway.

If I had to choose, I'd choose Polaris. I'd give her a green power signature to not make her power display identical to Magneto's.

Also, this was a pretty good Polaris costume:

Last edited by Frankeh; 02-25-2016 at 11:51 AM.
Frankeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:48 PM   #10
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Man that outfit is green

J.J. Abrams “We are standing on the shoulders of Episodes I through VI.”
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:44 PM   #11
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zelinsky View Post
Northstar needs to be an X-Man. He's the world first gay super hero and he's an X-Man this franchise is so ahead of its time. FoX needs to cast Jean-Paul
I'd rather Northstar be in an Alpha Flight movie.

It might also be a bit redundant to introduce another speedster in the more limited realm of the movie world when we already have Quicksilver.

The comics are far more expansive that people with the same powers can exist far more easily.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:32 PM   #12
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
That sounds like it would screw up an Alpha Flight movie, which would be a slight shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
This seems to be the most likely scenario. Big Hero 6 actually has some heavy ties to Alpha Flight, and Disney managed to keep those rights. I'd guess Alpha Flight is in an awkward position where Mutant members are Fox but Marvel has some of the other stuff. A true Alpha Flight movie might not be practical until the studios learn how to cooperate.

Hell, maybe that's why Marvel overhauled Alpha Flight into a Carol Danvers thing.
Big Hero Six movie didn't have Sunfire, right?

Old 02-25-2016, 07:22 PM   #13
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
That sounds like it would screw up an Alpha Flight movie, which would be a slight shame.

Big Hero Six movie didn't have Sunfire, right?
It wasn't based on the lineup from the first appearance, but some of the characters were the same (4 out of 6, I think). The first BH6 series was actually billed as a Sunfire spinoff, so it's interesting that Big Hero 6 didn't automatically fall into the X-Men package. That makes me think that not all X-Men spinoffs qualified for Fox's film deal. Between Big Hero 6 and that Department H reference in AoS it seems like the stuff that isn't explicitly "Mutant" might be fair game for Marvel.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:07 PM   #14
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

It's possible... but we don't know for sure... that only the mutant members of Alpha Flight are within Fox's playpen. Unless I'm mistaken, that would be Northstar, Aurora and some later members such as Radius, Murmur and Flex.

If this is the case, Marvel could easily make an Alpha Flight movie with the other members (Vindicator, Shaman, Snowbird, Sasquatch, Puck, Marrina, Guardian... I don't think any of those are defined as mutants).

And I suppose Fox could bring in Northstar (and maybe even Aurora too) to the X-Men films as rivals to Quicksilver, if needed.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:08 AM   #15
psylockolussus
Mutated User

Polaris
Dazzler
Sunfire
Forge
Longshot

old school X-Men members!

I also want to see Emma, Psylocke, Angel, Gambit and Bishop join the team!

Finding Dory, The Conjuring 2, Civil War, Beyond, Ghostbusters, Jason, Apocalypse, Legend of Tarzan, Angry Birds, Suicide Squad, Out of the Shadows, Through the Looking Glass, Collision Course, Resurgence, Warcraft.

www.twitter.com/xmenmoviesandtv
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:36 PM   #16
kasjan
Side-Kick

It's middle 80's, so:
Dazzler
Longshot
Sunfire
Thunderbird

And in later 80's:
Forge
Bishop

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:02 PM   #17
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Rather than introducing brand-new characters, I'd prefer that they re-introduce characters we're already familiar with from the original timeline, which means, for starters, Rogue, Iceman, Kitty, and Wolverine.

I also think we need to see a "bridge" between Apocalypse and Deadpool (which, as much as I don't really care about it, IS part of the official X-Verse and does need to be taken into account), which means re-introducing Colossus and showing how, when, and why he joins the X-Men team.

"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:21 PM   #18
Leo Zelinsky
Side-Kick

Quote:

Some of those names, like Darwin, are not possibilities since he was in First Class and died.

Darwin can't die and his attack from Shaw in FC could just be an excuse to reintroduce him with his proper look

He needs to be brought back his powers make him unkillable

Leo Zelinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:12 PM   #19
psylockolussus
Mutated User

Err, there's so many more well known mutants that have yet to appear in the big screen and Darwin already got his chance.

Finding Dory, The Conjuring 2, Civil War, Beyond, Ghostbusters, Jason, Apocalypse, Legend of Tarzan, Angry Birds, Suicide Squad, Out of the Shadows, Through the Looking Glass, Collision Course, Resurgence, Warcraft.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:46 PM   #20
Frankeh
We had a little help

It does seem a bit silly that Angel Salvadore got to make her big screen debut before Polaris or Scarlet Witch.

Frankeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:54 PM   #21
psylockolussus
Mutated User

Tempest was a disposable character though.

Old 03-17-2016, 10:33 AM   #22
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Zelinsky View Post
Darwin can't die and his attack from Shaw in FC could just be an excuse to reintroduce him with his proper look

He needs to be brought back his powers make him unkillable
He did die. You cant apply logic from the books which werent established in the films bc they change things. In the film, it was established that he can and did die. With that said, any character can be brought back as deaths arent permanent when we are dealing with comic based properties.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:22 AM   #23
Silvermoth
Avenger

I think the time has come to be bold and to do what the xmen stand for and celebrate diversity! We need Northstar and dust!

I would love to see Mercury and sway too actually. I assume the next villain has to be Mr Sinister

Old 03-18-2016, 09:53 AM   #24
psylockolussus
Mutated User

I prefer if they go with someone with more history in the comics. Like they should at least introduce Polaris, Dazzler and Forge before introducing Dust, Mercury, Surge (which are cool characters by the way).

Like I liked Negasonic Teenage Warhead in that new X-Men movie.... however, I would be happier if that was Cannonball or Sunfire.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:56 AM   #25
fobi
Side-Kick

If the next one is in the 90s I hope they introduce a proper Rogue. That's wishful thinking though. I wouldn't mind Iceman either. I know these aren't "new" characters though.

fobi is offline   Reply With Quote