The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 09-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #251
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: The X-force Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Too mature? Should be 10 years older than in TLS, so about 33-35 years old.
There's just something rough about her face. Her face looks too madame for me to play Psylocke.

Someone like Zhang Ziyi would be a better choice. She can look tough and yet there's still softness with her look.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #252
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
You're talking about a character who's been Asian for over 20 years. That's like asking Ms. Marvel to be a man or making War Machine white. In Hollywood, most roles are written for white actors. Filling a tentpole movie with white men at the expense of everyone else by changing the characters is going to alienate so many fans and you're clearly missing the entire point of the X-Men who are an international team who band together despite their differences to save the world. The team wouldn't be the same without female, black, Latino, Asian, gay, etc. members.

Odds are, when an X-Factor spin-off is announced, you're going to be asking for Rictor to be straight.
I think you're missing what I mean...

After Psylocke went throught the Siege Perilous back in the 90's she ended up being altered both mind and body. When she resurfaced she wore totally different clothing, which I believe makes Psylocke Psylocke.

So yes, she needs to wear the blue or maybe black, tight, leotarde style wrap assassin garb.

As far as her look, yes she took on Kwannon's Japanese body, but she was never really drawn with that look.

So all I'm saying is that I would like to see an actress play Psylocke who looks like the pic above, not like something we've been given in The Wolverine:

As far as X-Factor and Rictor, personally I would much rather see the version with Havok, Polaris, Forge, Strong Guy, Multiple Man and Wolfsbane!!!! That has nothing to do with not wanting to see Rictor as gay, but more about which incarnation of the team I like.

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #253
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
So all I'm saying is that I would like to see an actress play Psylocke who looks like the pic above, not like something we've been given in The Wolverine:
Asian gals don't all look the same ya know. The actress who played Yukio has a very distinct look, regardless of her ethnicity. The chances of finding another actress who looks like her are slim to none.

Last edited by def28; 09-27-2013 at 01:27 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #254
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
There's just something rough about her face. Her face looks too madame for me to play Psylocke.

Someone like Zhang Ziyi would be a better choice. She can look tough and yet there's still softness with her look.

Face of an old hag right?

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #255
def28
Side-Kick

Hahaha If thats what over 40 looks like then I really need to start dating older Women.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #256
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think you're missing what I mean...

As far as X-Factor and Rictor, personally I would much rather see the version with Havok, Polaris, Forge, Strong Guy, Multiple Man and Wolfsbane!!!! That has nothing to do with not wanting to see Rictor as gay, but more about which incarnation of the team I like.
I'd rather draw from all three versions.

From the first X-Factor: Cyclops, Phoenix, Angel

From the second: Forge, Madrox

From the third: Siryn, Rictor

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #257
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post

Face of an old hag right?
Got no problems with this!!!!!

Old 09-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #258
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Maggie Q is gorgoreous.She Is on my list of top sexiest female celebs/She would be great.
Watch Nikita and not MI III before dismissing her.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #259
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I've seen clips/ads of her in Nikita and no she doesn't look perfect for Psylocke. Yeah her body looks good for her age but her face doesn't scream as Psylocke to me.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:39 AM   #260
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Hey, so something just hit me. Even though I'd REALLY like to see Winstead as Domino, I also think that Anna Kendrick could pull it off.

The way that it works is that there needs to be a certain slide of how silly each character gets.

Grim and serious all the time, the most he'll do is crack a smile - Cable
Usually stern and doesn't take crap from anyone but may drop an occasional one-liner - Psylocke
Somewhere in the middle and is the "normal" character - Colossus
Funny, charming and drops all sorts of one-liners - Domino
One-ups Domino by being a complete goofball - Deadpool

Whoever plays Domino needs to be able to have some serious screen presence and know when to lighten the mood when things are about to get too dark. Domino is usually effective at that whereas Wade's timing just makes things worse.

Old 09-28-2013, 04:44 AM   #261
def28
Side-Kick

Really tough for me to see Kendrick in the role of Domino. Need somone who you could believe would drink you under the table with little hesitation and put someone like Deadpool in check. Lightening things up when its dark is more for Boom Boom and Deadpool's character.

For Dom I could see Evangeline Lilly, Katee Sackhoff, Kate Beckinsale, Rooney Mara, Milla Jovovich, Lena Heady, Rhona Mitra, Jessica Biel or Gina Carano in the role.

Last edited by def28; 09-28-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #262
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Really tough for me to see Kendrick in the role of Domino. Need somone who you could believe would drink you under the table with little hesitation and put someone like Deadpool in check. Lightening things up when its dark is more for Boom Boom and Deadpool's character.

For Dom I could see Evangeline Lilly, Katee Sackhoff, Kate Beckinsale, Rooney Mara, Milla Jovovich, Lena Heady, Rhona Mitra, Jessica Biel or Gina Carano in the role.

Jeff Wadlow already mentioned the cast. Meltdown isn't in it. And Domino is often sarcastic and snarky, at least with Chris Yost writing her.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #263
def28
Side-Kick

Didn't say she can't be sarcastic or snarky. She can be extremely twisted. Funny and Charming are not the first two words I would call Domino though. Can't really see Anna Kendrick paired up with Cable or as a merc with some harsh history.
Quote:
Jeff Wadlow already mentioned the cast. Meltdown isn't in it.
The cast is not confirmed yet. He named dropped alot of potential names from multiple versions of X-Force to hint that he's not just using one volumes roster.

I'd say it is a safe bet Neena, Deadpool and Cable are in it. Thats kind of the trio. But we don't even know that for sure.

Last edited by def28; 09-28-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #264
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Didn't say she can't be sarcastic or snarky. She can be extremely twisted. Funny and Charming are not the first two words I would call Domino though. Can't really see Anna Kendrick paired up with Cable or as a merc with some harsh history.

The cast is not confirmed yet. He named dropped alot of potential names from multiple versions of X-Force to hint that he's not just using one volumes roster.

I'd say it is a safe bet Neena, Deadpool and Cable are in it. Thats kind of the trio. But we don't even know that for sure.

Well Neena's sense of humor is more along the lines of pulling off an improbably, lucky ricochet shot, causing a landslide to come crashing down and then saying, "oops." That or mentioning things like the death of her husband, being born as a genetic experiment in the Weapon X labs or Bastion torturing her during OZT but saying it in a way that's just laughing it off. Like it's off-putting to other X-Men like Cyclops and Storm who are a bit more uptight and probably just feel sorry for her but she takes it all in stride. She barges into a room and says, "well Sinister, I just killed all your guards. I mean, it's not like you can't clone more, right?"

Like she has every reason to be brooding but deflects her insecurities with humor.

Wade just takes her personality up to 11. His one-liners would be more along the lines of beating the crap out of Omega Red and then saying, "in Soviet Russia, gun shoots YOU!" before shooting him in the back of the head in cold blood. That or randomly groping somebody like Madam Masque or Viper and not expecting a massive fight to break out, assuming that he doesn't actually manage to get laid that way. Deadpool has no social skills whatsoever and still manages to land as many dates as Daredevil and Iron Man combined.

Like Domino can put a bullet in somebody's head from 300 meters and still come across as sweet and charming, her being an action hero is more just icing on the cake. Deadpool is the kind of guy who'll see a robbery, kill all the hostages first and then tell the thieves, "well, there goes your plan for ransom. What are you going to do now?" The robbers will say, "you're crazy!" Wade is all, "Yeah, I know right."

Like both of them need to be funny on screen or else Neena's just a damaged wounded survivor who fights crime because she can't adjust to a normal life and Wade's a sociopath. At that point it stops being entertaining and just becomes disturbing and IMO, the X-Men aren't Batman, Daredevil or The Punisher. They need levity to be effective.

Last edited by Dasher10; 09-28-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #265
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well Neena's sense of humor is more along the lines of pulling off an improbably, lucky ricochet shot, causing a landslide to come crashing down and then saying, "oops." That or mentioning things like the death of her husband, being born as a genetic experiment in the Weapon X labs or Bastion torturing her during OZT but saying it in a way that's just laughing it off. Like it's off-putting to other X-Men like Cyclops and Storm who are a bit more uptight and probably just feel sorry for her but she takes it all in stride. She barges into a room and says, "well Sinister, I just killed all your guards. I mean, it's not like you can't clone more, right?"

Like she has every reason to be brooding but deflects her insecurities with humor.

Wade just takes her personality up to 11. His one-liners would be more along the lines of beating the crap out of Omega Red and then saying, "in Soviet Russia, gun shoots YOU!" before shooting him in the back of the head in cold blood. That or randomly groping somebody like Madam Masque or Viper and not expecting a massive fight to break out, assuming that he doesn't actually manage to get laid that way. Deadpool has no social skills whatsoever and still manages to land as many dates as Daredevil and Iron Man combined.

Like Domino can put a bullet in somebody's head from 300 meters and still come across as sweet and charming, her being an action hero is more just icing on the cake. Deadpool is the kind of guy who'll see a robbery, kill all the hostages first and then tell the thieves, "well, there goes your plan for ransom. What are you going to do now?" The robbers will say, "you're crazy!" Wade is all, "Yeah, I know right."
Sure, I'm not debating so much that she can't have funny lines. She plays rough. Putting a bullet in someones head then saying a one liner isn't exactly light and charming hahah. Getting her tough as nails attitude will be more important to casting then saying one liners. That stuff is easy. We need an actress who we can believe could step toe to toe with Deadpool first and foremost.

Quote:
Like both of them need to be funny on screen or else Neena's just a damaged wounded survivor who fights crime because she can't adjust to a normal life and Wade's a sociopath. At that point it stops being entertaining and just becomes disturbing and IMO, the X-Men aren't Batman, Daredevil or The Punisher. They need levity to be effective.
This I disagree with. Her humor is not what defines the most of her character and she can still appear strong without being funny. X-Force is some violent, dark and disturbing ****. Especially the Yost/Kyle and Remender run. We are dealing with Mercs, assassins and characters who's morals are not exactly what Prof X teaches. They are not people who live normal lives.

There's a rough physicality and attitude that will need to be there for the role, before the humor. I mean look at this chick...

Last edited by def28; 09-28-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #266
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sure, I'm not debating so much that she can't have funny lines. She plays rough. Putting a bullet in someones head then saying a one liner isn't exactly light and charming hahah. Getting her tough as nails attitude will be more important to casting then saying one liners. That stuff is easy. We need an actress who we can believe could step toe to toe with Deadpool first and foremost.

There's a rough physicality and attitude that will need to be there for the role, before the humor. I mean look at this chick...

That's why Winstead is my first choice.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #267
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
For Domino, I could see Evangeline Lilly, Katee Sackhoff, Kate Beckinsale, Rooney Mara, Milla Jovovich, Lena Heady, Rhona Mitra, Jessica Biel or Gina Carano in the role.
There are so many good choices for Domino! In terms of looks, Kate Beckinsale, Rooney Mara, Milla Jovovich, Rhona Mitra, Gina Carano are good. Lena Heady is okay, but I feel like she has this mother-slash-fighter look. I don't know if Evangeline Lilly, could pull off a short hair and I haven't seen a lot of roles from her. Jessica Biel would be weak as Domino

Old 09-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #268
Loki882
Side-Kick

Winstead could work as Domino. My preferred choice is Rooney Mara, but Winstead is an interesting idea.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #269
Super Jim
Side-Kick

How come no one is jumping on my Olivia Wilde for Domino bandwagon. She is perfect! If you saw her in Tron Legacy then you know she has the look and should easily be able to pull off the wit.

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/TqIwe2HEyqYhYH97-VY1TUXyeRj4LzzGYcdOJqWD6muzjIw0IG7ok*RzbZKimeWKX5f 9eWKbzsX-XyTUUKp5KwGiSmcGvi0t/oliviawilde11.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #270
JP
Smelly

She was the first one I, and everyone else, suggested when this film was first announced.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #271
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Rooney Mara > Olivia Wilde

Old 09-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #272
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ Sorry, but nope...

Is not > than:

Old 09-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #273
def28
Side-Kick

Wow, you were really fair on picking good glamour pictures to compare both of them.

Mara is beautiful and a very talented actress. We would be lucky to have either.

Last edited by def28; 09-30-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #274
Loki882
Side-Kick

Even covering Mara in facial piercing, a Mohawk, and tattoos couldn't hide the fact that she's beautiful. yeah, I found her Lisbeth Salander sexy, I have issues.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #275
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
^ Sorry, but nope...

Is not > than:
Just no....