The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #26
InJustice
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
These things are so annoying.

http://9gag.com/gag/aNeZz7G?ref=fbp

It popped on my facebook wall, the amount of logic in that was disgusting. To those who love Goku because they think he doesn't kill (meaning they don't watch the show). I could always send them this link:

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Lis...killed_by_Goku

As for destruction, people forget that Spirit Bombs leave a mess on Earth.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #27
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 9

Now that Pacific Rim is out, I have a question for those who have seen it. Do you believe Del Toro would have fit a Superman film like MOS?

Old 07-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #28
Happy Jack
Iconographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Now that Pacific Rim is out, I have a question for those who have seen it. Do you believe Del Toro would have fit a Superman film like MOS?
I'd have picked him over Zach Snyder.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #29
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

You know what I'm yet to see Rim but I think Del Toro even though he's making JL Dark would be a great fit for a JLA film

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 07-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #30
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think he would have.

I have to confess, while watching I thought I would have liked if Guillermo had been the director of MoS, I also thought the visual effects in Pacific Rim were better than in MoS. There was a lot of destruction and falling buildings too, but that didn't bothered me like in MoS, maybe because they added scenes where the city was been evacuated. Pacific Rim didn't have a very deep script, dialogue or big character development like we had with Clark Kent, but it was a good film and it had a right amount of fun, the audience loved it, we laughed several times and yet it wasn't like IM3 where Tony Stark would make jokes every minute.

He created a great movie with that script, it would have been interesting to see him direct a Superman film.

He's already working with WB, I really hope he gets to direct one. Maybe a World's Finest movie.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 07-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #31
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
N
None of the ideas have been exciting, and I surely hope that Snyder doesn't fall into the trap of trying to appease the angry fans, because that always backfires.
He already fell into it.

This movie is, in part, a reaction to the criticisms of SR. Snyder/WB have been trying to appease angry fans from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Yeah but those people are ****s more or less. :o
Old 07-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #32
J.Howlett

Quote:
Hell no, and I like the guy. But not right for this and not right for Justice League.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #33
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

I want Del Toro for Wonder Woman.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #34
Loki882
Side-Kick

I REALLY want to see Del Toro's take on John Constantine and Zatanna, it would be epic. WW would be awesome as well.

Old 07-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #35
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Snyder can make an amazing visual movie but not much else. I can honestly say when it comes to action even though there was some blatant CGI I've never seen anything quite like MoS. I just really like his style (the super-zoom included) and the way his films look. For me I see films as pure escapism, I go to be transported into another world/story for 2 hours not reflect about my life through watching the struggles of a couple who live in a grotty flat in London.

Granted I do want my films to also be intellectual, I don't want Transformers after Transformers but sometimes I just want pure entertainment. Snyder's style does that for me, his films are how I envision these kind of films should look to me.

If I was to create my dream film crew where each department would not be allowed to interfere with each other Snyder would be on visuals. No question.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #36
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
I don't even need to have seen Pacific Rim to say yes to that. Del Toro has and frankly will always be a better director than Snyder.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #37
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Del Toro has a strong creative mind. He produces quality original work. Zack doesn't. That doesn't mean Zack's bad, it just means he needs something strong to work with. Del Toro can work with "original" concepts, AND adapt (as shown by Hellboy).

So that puts Toro ahead for me, though I do want Zack involved in some CBMs. His style is so unique that I'd hate to see it vanish completely.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #38
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
At Comic Con a few years back,
Del Toro said that he was offered a chance at a Superman film, I dont know if it was MOS, .
He turned it down .
I think that Del Toro is only interested in Superhero properties that have a connection to Horror or Supernatural themes .
I believe he has said as much in the past .

Old 07-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #39
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Quote:
Not by a long shot.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 07-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #40
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
At Comic Con a few years back,
Del Toro said that he was offered a chance at a Superman film, I dont know if it was MOS, .
He turned it down .
I think that Del Toro is only interested in Superhero properties that have a connection to Horror or Supernatural themes .
I believe he has said as much in the past .
Well, then there's your answer

Old 07-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #41
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

If there was a spinoff film based on The Cadmus Project ,
Del Toro might be good for that .

Old 07-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #42
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Del Toro is also a great visuals man but unlike Snyder also a wonderful storyteller in general. However going on a large amount or both critical and public reviews he is not a dab hand at writing either.

A JL type film like the one he has going at the moment but not actually a JL film may suit wonderfully.

However overall depending on the tone WB are going for JL (I'm guessing realistic) it has to be Snyder for me.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #43
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

The Spanish Arkham Asylum (Morrison) movie fan trailer made me feel like Del Toro would be a good fit. But Del Toro projects tend to DISSOLVE, so I don't think he'd be one for reliability.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #44
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Del Toro has a strong creative mind. He produces quality original work. Zack doesn't. That doesn't mean Zack's bad, it just means he needs something strong to work with. Del Toro can work with "original" concepts, AND adapt (as shown by Hellboy).

So that puts Toro ahead for me, though I do want Zack involved in some CBMs. His style is so unique that I'd hate to see it vanish completely.
Thing is Snyder is good in short bursts, but he cannot tell a complete story. His trailers always look good because it's short and sweet and that's where his strengths are.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #45
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Thing is Snyder is good in short bursts, but he cannot tell a complete story. His trailers always look good because it's short and sweet and that's where his strengths are.
That's why I want him paired up with someone else for the sequel.
I think Snyder can do scale and imagery unlike any other, but I think there are wittier directors to tackle the overall structure of the story and "flow" of it.

I do think his boldness will benefit the Justice League movie, though.
I'd love to see the animation team write the sequels to MOS, with Snyder taking ideas from the people involved.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #46
RadioSha
Side-Kick

After seeing Pacific Rim, Del Toro is the one for JL. The interplay among the characters and how well he executed the relationships throughout the movie reminded me of how Whedon did his Avengers. They are obviously two different directors with two different filmmaking approaches and vision, but both know how to craft a story with an assemble cast.

I loved Pacific Rim. Holy COW

Old 07-14-2013, 09:45 PM   #47
Binker
Side-Kick

I just found from Supermanhomepage.com that MOS will stop screening in many major cinema chains across the USA, Canada and UK this coming week! I haven't seen it for the second time yet; I don't want to break my promise to myself I need to see it again! So if you intend to see MOS one more time, you better be quick!

But as for good news: its currently at $619 millions worldwide, from $281 million in the USA, with international figures currently standing at around $338 million, and some more markets have yet to open. Doubtful, but I hope that it can hurry and get even close to $300 Million, we can be happy.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #48
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
I want Del Toro for Wonder Woman.
That is actually not a bad choice like at all. Plus she does have supernatural elements that will play to his strengths.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #49
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
I just found from Supermanhomepage.com that MOS will stop screening in many major cinema chains across the USA, Canada and UK this coming week! I haven't seen it for the second time yet; I don't want to break my promise to myself I need to see it again! So if you intend to see MOS one more time, you better be quick!

But as for good news: its currently at $619 millions worldwide, from $281 million in the USA, with international figures currently standing at around $338 million, and some more markets have yet to open. Doubtful, but I hope that it can hurry and get even close to $300 Million, we can be happy.
As long as you don't sacrifice your rent money just to see it in a big IMAX theater and then open a PayPal account and ask for money, you're good.

Last edited by LibidoLoca; 07-14-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #50
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

That's much more than BB made, surely that is sequel money. And with comic con coming up what better place to announce. No cast, no story just an announcement merely stating that MoS 2 and Snyder will make me happy and at least we could begin genuine speculation on here.

Closed Thread