The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 07-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #26
DOFP
Side-Kick

Default Re: Billing order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I'm sure someone has said this before but there is no way in hell that a series regular from American Horror Story a show which garners low enough ratings that if it were aired on almost any other network it would be cancelled, (I know enough people have said that already) would be billed higher than Oscar Winner Halle Berry.

Not to mention that Peters is a new addition to the series whereas Berry has been a part of the franchise since the very beginning as well as having been billed second for her previous X-Men Film. Yes, Halle is not as HUGE as she used to be but she has NOT fallen that far from grace. I'm sorry that very suggestion is laughable.

(Now having said that I wouldn't be surprised if May 23rd 2014 comes, and whilst I sit in my theater and watch the credits come up and Evan Peters will be billed higher than Halle Berry.)

yeah I get you (: but . . . there's a gap before Halle, so I just assumed that out of all new people, Quicksilver would be appropriate to put him in that spot, it would be silly if the new character like for example Josh H. would be in front of Halle. . . but who knows.

and the whole thing Jean filling in that spot, it just seems . . .weird. Like in the other X-Men movies, Halle always got billed first then Famke, and now . . . well first of all, I'm going bananas over her trying to see how Jean's character fits in The Wolverine, and now with the rumors of Jean also being in this movie, and Famke having a stunt double, raises alot of questions. But now I start to think (and this only me) is it possible for Jean to fill in "that spot" is Jean going to be more important than Storm in this movie (which I would have no problem) but is Jean really that important that she would be before Storm, when you have the whole future Sentinels, 70's team, Vietnam war happening, and not only you wanna bring Jean/Phoenix for a cameo but make her a BIG character. LoL I don't know if any of these makes sense to you guys, haha.

What I'm trying to say is that is hard for me to believe that Jean would that much of a important character in DOFP and would be credit before Halle Berry (:

Last edited by DOFP; 07-15-2013 at 08:05 PM.
DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #27
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

-Hugh
-Jennifer
-James Mc
-Michael
-Patrick
-Ian
-Nicholas
-Peter
-Halle
-Ellen
-Shawn
-Omar
-Evan
and Anna

Lucas
Daniel
Josh

Fan
Booboo
Adan

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #28
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFP View Post

I made this a while ago, I think they will list single names from Hugh Jackman - Anna Paquin, then "with Famke Janssen", "and James Marsden" then would continue with triple names sharing the screen from Josh H -BooBoo S.
Who is. guy between dinklage and halle?! I must be being dense!

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #29
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
Who is. guy between dinklage and halle?! I must be being dense!
That's Evan Peters who will play quicksilver

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #30
BoredGuy
Killing Time

that picture of the cast wall is like:

Boom!
Half amazing, talented, oscar nominated, or oscar winning stars

and then, half CW mini-series lifers

Singer has gotta be one of the biggest hit-or-miss directors when it comes to casting

Old 07-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #31
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post

Pretty much the billing right there.
Agreed. I'd say it's pretty likely that the way you see it here (1st row, left to right, then second) will be the way it all measures up.

Top line is the...top line cast (i.e., billed in all the credits for posters, ads, etc.). The first six will obviously be most utilized in marketing. Berry and Page could be the "with" credit as the final two. The rest will get billed in the film credits themselves, but not as "headliners."

These casting walls are usually organized and strategized by
A) story/screen time, and
B) contract stipulations of the actor

(The former could often come before the latter...and indeed perhaps has in the past, for more than one cast member in this franchise...)

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
JackMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #32
Double B
Side-Kick

There's no way Anna won't be "billed" even if her name doesn't make it as far as the posters.

As others have said, if that is the billing, I would bet on "and Anna Paquin" as the final billing, as she had in X1 and X2.

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #33
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Exactly! Ana is an oscar award winning actress there's no way she won't be billed as a headliner. Also about Famke never being billed before halle that is not entirely true in the scroll down credits for X1 famke is billed before James and Halle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:30 PM   #34
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Anna will probally get the and credit she got for first 2 films.

If Famke Is in film and credited she Is natural to be credited in slot between DInklage and halle.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #35
Angamb
Banned User

no way Famke will appear before Halle, and more if her role is small.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #36
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Halle's role Isn't that large eather.She filmed It In 2 weeks.

Famke Is more likely to be credited beofre Halle than say Evan Peters or Lucas Till.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #37
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland-Jr View Post

Pretty much the billing right there.
Yup...I'm pretty sure this will be close to the final billing. With Anna receiving "....and Anna Paquin".

No way is Evan Peters getting billed before Halle Berry lol. He's essentially a nobody in comparison to the rest of the cast and will probably end up somewhere after the main cast (i.e. after Anna Paquin).

I have no idea who could be billed before Halle. Maybe the blank doesn't represent the actual billing order for that person and was just put there to emphasize that the unrevealed person had a major role or was a major character. Maybe Bryan got his good friend Famke or James (if either of them is even in the movie) a nice billing, who knows.

SterlingDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #38
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think If James Marsden Is In film he would probally be an uncredited appearance they want to keep secret.

The Idea that Famke Janssen Is both In film and credited would be billed before
Halle Berry Isn't a crazy one especilly If say
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Her powers are how Kitty Is able to transport WOlverine to past

If Famke Isn't credited or possibly not in film,although I doudt that's happening,
I could see Lucas Till between Dinklage and Halle due to him being a returnee from first Class but Even Peters Is going to be one credited after Anna.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #39
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Famke Is more likely to be credited beofre Halle.
Ehh I don't think thats possible.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #40
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Agreed completely marvelrobbins either Famke or some other secret big actor that filmed scenes in secret like Kelsey Grammer but that wouldn't make much sense either. Famke would be the most plausible.

PS I also agree about your top comic book films as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:48 AM   #41
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Exactly! Ana is an oscar award winning actress there's no way she won't be billed as a headliner.
I agree that she will be billed, but it's not because she's an Oscar winner. Can we please stop with that? The billing is based on the fact that she's IN THE MOVIE and that's all.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #42
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I agree that she will be billed, but it's not because she's an Oscar winner. Can we please stop with that? The billing is based on the fact that she's IN THE MOVIE and that's all.
I still think big names are a big draw! I think it helps to bring in a large number of people from a wider range of people from different circles etc!

Anna will be a big draw as she has a current tv show!

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #43
Angamb
Banned User

I think she will appear on the list too, but..

at the end of the day, all the persons that will go to the theatre will known pretty well which known actors will appear on the movie, because the tv spots, trailers and promotional pics will show all the main x-men.

The billing names is not a relevant, basically

Old 07-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #44
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Exactly! Ana is an oscar award winning actress there's no way she won't be billed as a headliner. Also about Famke never being billed before halle that is not entirely true in the scroll down credits for X1 famke is billed before James and Halle.
1) Anna wasn't billed as a headliner in X3 and I think X2 as well so there is a possibility she will not be billed as a Headliner in this, especially if she won't be able to do much promotion for the film or even feature in the film for long.

2) The scroll down credits is not billing order. That is a cast list.

Last edited by NanaT; 07-17-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #45
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Halle's role Isn't that large eather.She filmed It In 2 weeks.

Famke Is more likely to be credited beofre Halle than say Evan Peters or Lucas Till.
No she really isn't in fact she is even less likely in my opinion.
1) she's never been billed higher than Halle before in any x-men movie even X1 and X2 where she had more screentime than Halle.

2) Halle may only have filmed for two weeks but Famke is almost guaranteed to have much less scenes than her. Her role would be an extended cameo at best.

3) There is NO way Famke Janssen will be billed before Oscar Winner Halle Berry. This is Halle Berry we're talking about, not some random actor. It just won't happen.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #46
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
I think If James Marsden Is In film he would probally be an uncredited appearance they want to keep secret.

The Idea that Famke Janssen Is both In film and credited would be billed before
Halle Berry Isn't a crazy one especilly If say
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Her powers are how Kitty Is able to transport WOlverine to past

If Famke Isn't credited or possibly not in film,although I doudt that's happening,
I could see Lucas Till between Dinklage and Halle due to him being a returnee from first Class but Even Peters Is going to be one credited after Anna.
Lucas Till, seriously???

Do you not like Halle Berry or something? Please explain the logic behind Lucas Till, an actor I hadn't even heard of before First Class, will be billed before Halle. Is he a mega sucessful box office draw? Is he a big name actor, is he even an international icon. Has he ever headlined a movie or tv series. Is there any possibility that he has a bigger fan base than Halle Berry? No, then I'm not sure I could see him being billed before her.

I don't personally think that that is the final billing order but if it was and there had to be someone billed before Halle it would be an unrevealed big name actor/actress.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #47
Angamb
Banned User

that was a funny comment nana, lol

I already said that this board has so many alternate universes and logics between us

Old 07-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #48
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I never thought billing order would be such a contentious topic.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #49
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

There Is space on cast photo between Peter Dinklage and Halle Berry.So someone Is going to fill that spot.Just because Halle Berry was heavily billed In past doesn't mean It will be
that way In this film.There are 3 choices Famke Janssen(If she Is in film) Lucas Till or whoever Is playing Nixon.

Remember Patrick Stewart got top billing In X-Men and X2 and got the and credit for last stand.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #50
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
There Is space on cast photo between Peter Dinklage and Halle Berry.So someone Is going to fill that spot.Just because Halle Berry was heavily billed In past doesn't mean It will be
that way In this film.There are 3 choices Famke Janssen(If she Is in film) Lucas Till or whoever Is playing Nixon.

Remember Patrick Stewart got top billing In X-Men and X2 and got the and credit for last stand.
You forgot the fourth choice a completely new character new to the movieverse played by a big name actor.

or the 5th choice, that order of the pictures is not the final billing order.