Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #301
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Catwoman was great. My favorite part about the film. She was totally Catwoman. I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I really enjoyed Barsad quite a bit. Despite only having a few spoken lines in the film, Josh Stewart just had this cool presence and gave off a reverence for Bane that made me read some history between the two. Went a long way in selling Bane as a revered figure/legend to the LOS...like their version Batman.

Can't underestimate the impact of a well-placed minor character.
He was awesome. Stewart reminds me of Sean Penn sometimes lol. But yeah, he sold it extremely well. Wasn't he only "Barsad" in the credits and not the film? Like Jen?

I still think she was their nod to Holly Robinson. I remember people thinking Barsad was Goyer/Jonah's nod to Deadshot because of that sniper scene...but nahhh, he was just a side character that was performed well by Josh Stewart.

Quote:
Also, minor nitpick: Why would they take a name as cool as Roland Daggett and change it to John Daggett?
Haha, Roland is such a slick badass name. Maybe it sounded too unnatural for them.

Quote:
I think sometimes they changed the names of characters as a way of paying respect to the original one if they made changes. Eg. Montoya wasn't corrupt, so we have Ramirez, Roland Daggett owned a pharmaceutical company rather than a construction company so we have John Daggett.

I figure they think that's their way of covering their tracks for fans who might complain about the changes and say the characters are only the characters they're based on in name only, but ironically they probably confused more fans by not just using their actual names.
You might be right actually. Same with Jen like I said above. A nod to Holly, but she's not really Holly because they didn't tap into it much. There wasn't that sister/protector vibe so they didn't want to call her Holly that way the fans wouldn't feel jipped.

It's not like they are those characters. I think Nolan created original characters for his universe of movies and took inspiration from certain comic book characters. Little characteristics here and there & named them differently like you said so they didn't have to feel obligated to go "all the way". This is why the far-fetched notion that Mr. Reese (Mysteries) took inspiration from Riddler, but have him still be his own character so they don't have to follow up with making him a larger character or dressed in green, etc, etc.

Even Stephens (see what I did there ) was like taking some inspiration from Bullock. Wuertz as well.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #302
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Roland Daggett really is an awesome name.

As BatLobsterRises said , i think they probably change it because it's not necessarily the same character although they share a lot of the same traits. So they end up keeping the surname.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #303
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

First Class and TASM overrated haha. I can see why people would say that. They were made atleast partly to keep the film rights but were quite well received.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:55 AM   #304
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I loved Catwoman in TDKR

Old 07-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #305
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Too bad she wasn't called "Catwoman"

Old 07-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #306
shauner111
Side-Kick

At least there were a lot of cat references.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #307
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
At least there were a lot of cat references.
she never said meow though

Old 07-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #308
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

She should have had a pet cat in her apartment scenes. A black one. That would have been a nice touch.

- The Joker
Old 07-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #309
shauner111
Side-Kick

A nice touch, I agree. But none of that was necessary, they got the point across. I mean little nitpicks are useless to waste our time on. The lack of 'Catwoman" as a name or lack of a whip, reminds me of the whole perma-white, no lazarus pit, lack of Venom discussions.

Plus I think Pfeiffer had the most cat references than anybody could imagine so that was enough for a couple of generations lol. I can always go back to that movie for that stuff.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #310
Ryan
Side-Kick

I thought Anne did a good job with Catwoman. I did miss the whole seductress part of the character though. Not sure if Nolan thought that would cheapen her character, but I always saw it as an essential part of her. All in all, I liked what they did, but like Scarecrow, would have liked to have seen more.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #311
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I know this should probably go in the Future Batman Movies section, but I like discussing stuff with my peeps in here. I'm taking this with a HUGE grain of salt, because it's coming from Harry but supposedly WB still has a Batman movie AND a Justice League movie on their 2015 slate.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/63313

Also, I thought Anne's Selina had a seductive side- she seduced the Senator for her own gain.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 07-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #312
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
she never said meow though
Or lick her hand and try to clean her ears

WORZT CATWOMAN EVAR!!

Old 07-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #313
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
I know this should probably go in the Future Batman Movies section, but I like discussing stuff with my peeps in here. I'm taking this with a HUGE grain of salt, because it's coming from Harry but supposedly WB still has a Batman movie AND a Justice League movie on their 2015 slate.

Also, I thought Anne's Selina had a seductive side- she seduced the Senator for her own gain.
Not sure if it's true for Batman but the JL 2015 rumor is definitely false. Goyer is scheduled to write the story for MOS 2 before writing it for JL. Regardless of when JL comes out, it will come out only after MOS 2. So unless WB is stupid enough to rush MOS 2 out by 2014 (which would be unfortunate but not a surprise coming from WB), then I don't see it happening.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #314
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Anno is getting pissed off at the trolls on CBM. He's having an argument with like 4 people over TDKR on the collectors edition article...

Old 07-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #315
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Anno is getting pissed off at the trolls on CBM. He's having an argument with like 4 people over TDKR on the collectors edition article...
And why is that important in the superherhype forum about the film TDKR ?

You are getting strangely obsessive about a former user (and you joined like a month ago ? )

Quote:

Warner wants that Bats/Supes cash . Cant' blame them.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #316
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
And why is that important in the superherhype forum about the film TDKR ?

You are getting strangely obsessive about a former user (and you joined like a month
This is the general discussion thread, the user I'm talking about has defended this movie like I have never seen before and as jinxed these polls. The movie has been out a year and this tread is basicly people saying why they like and don't like the movie. It's related and this thread really needs new conversation.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #317
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ah, good old Anno. Let us dedicate a day to linking TDKR's RT score on here in memory of him . A moment of silence for our fallen comrade....

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight_rises/

Old 07-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #318
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Well it's nice to know Anno found a new home to argue about TDKR lol.

- The Joker
Old 07-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #319
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Ah, good old Anno. Let us dedicate a day to linking TDKR's RT score on here in memory of him . A moment of silence for our fallen comrade....

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight_rises/
He stated it's user score so many times I can remember it now, 91%. I always found it funny how he would call fans and GA stupid when RT didn't agree with him e.g TASM 81% or IM3 82%.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #320
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Anno if you're watching, walk away from CBM! It's a wretched hive of scum and villainy! Not even worth it man. Arguing with those folks is utterly pointless, you might as well join the IMDB boards.

Damn, I feel bad for Anno now. Having to fall back on the CBM talkbacks is like being sentenced to the pit, especially if you're fan of the Nolan Bat-films.

I mean I know Anno was overbearing sometimes if you didn't agree with him, but he wasn't a troll. There are far worse posters on this site that have managed to fly under the radar of the mods.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #321
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
He stated it's user score so many times I can remember it now, 91%. I always found it funny how he would call fans and GA stupid when RT didn't agree with him e.g TASM 81% or IM3 82%.
That's a valid point. I was never annoyed with him anywhere as much as the average user on here was. I've been to several difference places on this site and have interacted with many users. If you would see just half of the stupidity that exists on this site, Anno would be a breath of fresh air (which is what he was to me).

Oh look. The RT score dropped 3%.

Quote:
Anno if you're watching, walk away from CBM! It's a wretched hive of scum and villainy! Not even worth it man. Arguing with those folks is utterly pointless, you might as well join the IMDB boards.

Damn, I feel bad for Anno now. Having to fall back on the CBM talkbacks is like being sentenced to the pit, especially if you're fan of the Nolan Bat-films.

I mean I know Anno was overbearing sometimes if you didn't agree with him, but he wasn't a troll. There are far worse posters on this site that have managed to fly under the radar of the mods.

A very spot on way of summing up CBM.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #322
Schrute
Side-Kick

He wasn't a troll, but I think it was obvious that he liked pissing people off in The Amazing Spider-Man boards. Especially if people said anything remotely critical of the Nolan trilogy.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #323
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Yeah if I was ever perma-banned here, I don't think I would ever seek refuge at CBM. Waste of time.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #324
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Yeah, taking the fight to other boards is what cost him in the end. It's just kinda sad to see 'one of us' relegated to a site so notoriously bad that we're not even allowed to say its name here.

If case some never realized that, this is me typing the name of the site:

Old 07-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #325
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrute View Post
He wasn't a troll, but I think it was obvious that he liked pissing people off in The Amazing Spider-Man boards. Especially if people said anything remotely critical of the Nolan trilogy.
Oh yes he was hated there. I for someone who gave the film a 6 he bashed it an awful lot. CBM is a vile place. Users there mock health ledger, their comments are disgusting.

Closed Thread