Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #926
kvz5
HBIC

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I think they're asking if it's Anne in the photo, and I think it's obvious that it's not. Lips are different.
Ohhhh...

Old 10-14-2013, 04:23 AM   #927
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Paging user AnneFan...

(That's her, right?)

That is not Anne. Cool pic though.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #928
georgec
Not a hero

Ah, false alarm.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #929
Donut
Side-Kick

Does anyone have a good collection of all of the trailer music in the best quality possible ?

Old 10-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #930
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Wow, with set pics of BvS comming out it's hard to believe Nolan's last movie came out only last year. I'm really going to miss Nolan,Bale & Co. but I hope Snyder and Affleck give us an excellent new interpretation of the character in 2015 and that after we will get a DC Cinematic Universe so other property's will get long overdue attention.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #931
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

It is pretty crazy to think that one Batman movie came out last year and another (of sorts) has begun shooting this year.

Last time that happened was Forever/B&R.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 10-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #932
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I never thought I would say this prior to MOS coming out, but I'm really not looking forward to the new film or the new Batman. I gave up on this film when it was prematurely rushed into production by WB against the wills of Snyder and Goyer just to have something to compete with Avengers 2 in 2015. As for the new Batman, I gave up on him after they stunt-cast Affleck as Batman despite him proving he doesn't have the acting range for Batman and after they announced that they'll make Batman around an entire decade older than Superman, which pretty much destroys the classic Superman/Batman dynamic I was looking for.

I'll still probably see it but I am not expecting great results.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #933
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Snyder continues to make me nervous...

He made a good/decent Superman movie, but not a great one. Snyder has always been a very accomplished cinematographer to me.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 10-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #934
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

They actually had planned BvS for a while, that's why they are filming now. We don't know how long this Batman has been fighting crime yet but we do know it's not year one for sure.

WB have a plan, they don't go about willynilly like how people think they do.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Old 10-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #935
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

They had a plan for GL2 to come out next year, we got screwed on that by the average first movie.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #936
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
They had a plan for GL2 to come out next year, we got screwed on that by the average first movie.
Ahaha Average!? If it was average they would have given it another shot.

I'd rather eat my own sick while twerking and watching Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull than watch Green Lan... *cough* T***!

Old 10-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #937
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

I have a feeling this film will be the most unfairly scrutinized film of all time. As far as the geek community is concerned. I'm not saying it is going to be good, but if it is good I have a feeling some will come at it like: "It's not the best movie ever so it sucks."

Old 10-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #938
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
They actually had planned BvS for a while, that's why they are filming now. We don't know how long this Batman has been fighting crime yet but we do know it's not year one for sure.

WB have a plan, they don't go about willynilly like how people think they do.
They didn't have it planned for a while. They originally had MOS 2 planned. Snyder and Goyer were told by WB not too long before Comic Con that they had to do Batman/Superman instead. And it wasn't too long ago when they didn't even have a title or script (or even a basic outline) for this film. This was entirely WB's decision and was forced on Snyder and Goyer against their wishes and then rushed out for 2015. Snyder even admitted that he is only doing "what WB thinks is best".

We also do know how long this Batman's been fighting crime. We have a basic idea. They said said this Batman has been in the game for a long time and that he will be "older, seasoned, weary, and tired". Early WB reports also confirmed that they were looking for a Batman in his 40's. That and Affleck looks late 30's at best while Cavill looks late 20's at best. We are getting a fully grown adult version of Batman that's around 10 years older than Clark (give or take a few years) next to a Year One young version of Superman.

WB wants the same success Marvel has but with no proper buildup or full effort put into their projects. They are doomed to fail at this rate.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 10-21-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #939
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Ahaha Average!? If it was average they would have given it another shot.

I'd rather eat my own sick while twerking and watching Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull than watch Green Lan... *cough* T***!
lol I see why you hate it, but I don't think it was that bad. Just massively disappointing.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #940
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
It is pretty crazy to think that one Batman movie came out last year and another (of sorts) has begun shooting this year.

Last time that happened was Forever/B&R.
I still feel like they moved on too fast. I would've preferred if they did a solo Superman MoS sequel first before moving on to a Batman/Superman film so that way Superman gets his deserved solo sequel and a longer time would've passed since Nolan's trilogy ended. I know that having a new Batman was inevitable but I don't think I'm ready yet for a new take. All the fun discussions and speculations here during the TDKR shoot are still very fresh in my memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GremlinZilla89 View Post
I have a feeling this film will be the most unfairly scrutinized film of all time. As far as the geek community is concerned. I'm not saying it is going to be good, but if it is good I have a feeling some will come at it like: "It's not the best movie ever so it sucks."
I'm not sure about that. There's a growing backlash over the Nolan films and I feel that that will help people be more accepting with this film if that makes sense.

Last edited by kvz5; 10-21-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #941
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I originally subscribed to the "Goyer and Snyder were forced into this before Comic Con" theory, but lately I'm not so sure. Goyer's made some comments about how they're much further along than most people think, which leads me to suspect that this might've been in the works since around the time MOS locked picture (which was a couple of months early due to the release date getting pushed back).

I still have a bunch of reservations about the movie, but I suspect this has at least been on the table for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I still feel like they moved on too fast. I would've preferred if they did solo Superman MoS sequel first before moving on to a Batman/Superman film so that way Superman gets his deserved solo sequel and a longer would've passed since Nolan's trilogy ended. I know that having a new Batman was inevitable but I don't think I'm ready yet for a new take. All the fun discussions and speculations here during the TDKR shoot is still very fresh in my memory.
Oh without a doubt. Batman should've had a little more time to rest on the shelf while Superman took the center stage for a moment. I mean MoS was barely even in theaters for a month before they announced this and Batman stole all the thunder. I feel the same now, I'm kinda worn out and satiated after a huge meal and just need a little more time to digest before desert. Like I feel like I should be geeking out that they just shot a Gotham vs Metropolis football game, it's kind of historic in a sense, but I just don't really feel anything.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 10-21-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #942
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I still feel like they moved on too fast. I would've preferred if they did solo Superman MoS sequel first before moving on to a Batman/Superman film so that way Superman gets his deserved solo sequel and a longer would've passed since Nolan's trilogy ended. I know that having a new Batman was inevitable but I don't think I'm ready yet for a new take. All the fun discussions and speculations here during the TDKR shoot is still very fresh in my memory.
I was a very big supporter of the MOS series having its own trilogy before introducing anyone into the mix at least until the third film but WB seems pretty anxious and nervous so immediately lit the Bat signal when MOS got mixed reviews to an above average BO rake in.

Cue in...

With that said I'm still pretty excited seeing as I like the director and the cast so here's hoping for the best of a not so perfect scenario in terms of reasoning.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 10-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #943
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Or it will probably just suck overall. Best case scenario, I don't even think it'll be on MOS' level.

1) Goyer is writing by himself again. They still haven't learned that Goyer should not be let solo on a script.
2) Scratch that. They did learn that. And who did they got to co-write with Goyer? Snyder. Meaning the script will have just as many problems as MOS or more. Snyder is a great director but he's not that good of a writer.
3) They're asking Frank Miller for input. No person should ask Frank Miller for input on a Batman/Superman story after 2000.
4) Despite MOS' flaws, you can tell Goyer and Snyder at least put heart into it and had a large amount of time to work on it. On the other hand, Batman/Superman is a premature film that's being rushed out way too early against Snyder and Goyer's wishes with not enough time given for them to work on the story. 2 years is not enough time for Goyer and Snyder to come up with something great. Not exactly the worst time for some more talented writers, but such talented writers are not involved in this. We are getting only Goyer and Snyder as the writers.
5) Not even a bit of input from Nolan himself like in MOS due to Nolan leaving the project.

The only positives?
1) Maybe Snyder asked Bruce Timm for input while working with him on that Superman short film they did.
2) Maybe Affleck will have some story input.
Both are entirely speculations and have not been confirmed, whereas everything else I listed above has been confirmed.

Quote:
I originally subscribed to the "Goyer and Snyder were forced into this before Comic Con" theory, but lately I'm not so sure. Goyer's made some comments about how they're much further along than most people think, which leads me to suspect that this might've been in the works since around the time MOS locked picture (which was a couple of months early due to the release date getting pushed back).

I still have a bunch of reservations about the movie, but I suspect this has at least been on the table for a little while.
I still don't buy it for multiple reasons.

1) An early report was released prior to MOS' release which stated that Snyder and Goyer signed on for 3 DC projects (in this order) - MOS, MOS 2, and JL. Some people would argue that this is MOS 2 it seems like a WF film as opposed to a Superman film with Batman in it. The title even looks like it will be "Batman vs. Superman". Hardly seems like "Superman guest starring Batman" to me.

2) Snyder made a comment that alluded to WB forcing this on him. He said something among the lines of "Not what I would do personally but I have to do what WB thinks is best". I'll try to look for the video he stated that in. Someone on this site even made a whole thread about it when it was released.

3) It doesn't seem like a natural progression. MOS was more of a setup film. It only introduced Superman and the supporting characters, barely gave the supporting characters much to do, and ended with Clark only joining the DP right at the end. Superman doesn't even have an established status quo yet. There is nothing established about Metropolis or the city/world's reaction to Superman. How is him meeting Batman first thing before he even meets Lex Luthor a natural progression?

Old 10-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #944
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:

Yeah, there's no substantial evidence ANYWHERE to support that Goyer and Snyder were rushed into production "against their will". There haven't been (and won't be) reports of creative differences with the studio, or studio pressure/interference. If anything, WB may have escalated the announcement in order to drop the news at Comic-Con, which was still a smart news. The video of Snyder making the announcement (using MOS cast member Harry Lennix, which I doubt was WB's idea) still gives me chills when watching it. A huge moment for a film project that is a huge moment in history itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru
I'll still probably see it but I am not expecting great results.
Who are you trying to kid? Of course you'll see it, and you'll see it multiple times. Furthermore, you'll be here on SHH for the next 2 years discussing it boundlessly, analyzing every bit of leaked information/photography that makes its way onto the internet. I've seen you sharing your completely pessimistic opinion about this film many times around the forum so far. I just think it's very strange for you to essentially write this film off when we literally haven't seen or heard anything about it other than "Batman and Superman movie, MOS cast returning, veteran Batman, Ben Affleck, football game". It doesn't even pique your interest to see what they come with?

Also, even IF you believe WB pushed Snyder/Goyer towards this project instead of MOS 2, who the hell cares really? Even if WB/DC want to reach levels of success similar to Marvel, why shouldn't they strive towards that? Instead of burning off 2 more MOS films to complete a trilogy, WB is officially launching their shared DC film universe in a big way...and with a strategy that is different than Marvel's.

It's a strategy we know next to nothing about as of now, other than this Batman/Superman movie. But if you don't think WB are currently in the midst of plotting their next moves out. They have time. They're not rushing, nor have they just announced 4 new movies out of nowhere that they want to burn out in the next 4 years. If anything, firmly establishing the relationship between Batman and Superman before moving into the Justice League is a very smart move. Unlike having an organization like SHIELD finding/recruiting various heroes for a government-funded team, Batman and Superman can together be the catalyst for the formation of their own team.

Going by what we've heard (still unconfirmed), Batman/Superman in 2015, another possible solo movie (Flash) in 2016, Justice League in 2017, and more solo movies (like Wonder Woman) to follow...doesn't sound like such a bad deal to me.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #945
Travesty
TEOL

It's strange that in this thread, people keep talking about BvS, but in those threads, everybody keeps bringing up Nolan.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #946
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
It's strange that in this thread, people keep talking about BvS, but in those threads, everybody keeps bringing up Nolan.

Do you have an extensive folder of .gifs saved to your computer that you refer to when you want to express yourself in a specific way? Just curious.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #947
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
I think TDKR will have that crown for a while. Until someone comes up with the equivalent of TDK (game-changing blockbuster movie considered an immediate classic) and is obligated to continue the storyline.

The only examples I can think of that are even remotely similar, are Star Wars ROTJ and The Lost World. Maybe The Godfather Part II, but I'm not entirely sure of its popularity back in the day. Toy Story 2 also, maybe?

For our foreseeable future, I can see Avengers 2 and Avatar 2 getting unfair expectations. I personally don't think they were as game-changing as the other movies I listed above (enjoyable yes, everyone clearly loved watching them), but I could very well be wrong. My point is, it's definitely not an everyday sort of occurrence.

BvS will not have the same expectations as TDKR did, even if it's Batman. It's a sequel to MOS, and MOS has a lot of room to improve.

Quote:
I'm not sure about that. There's a growing backlash over the Nolan films and I feel that that will help people be more accepting with this film if that makes sense.
Where? Here?

I think the general public still has a very high opinion of Nolan. He made his name on Batman, after all. It hasn't taken his name through the gutter like it did Schumacher's.

Quote:
Oh without a doubt. Batman should've had a little more time to rest on the shelf while Superman took the center stage for a moment. I mean MoS was barely even in theaters for a month before they announced this and Batman stole all the thunder. I feel the same now, I'm kinda worn out and satiated after a huge meal and just need a little more time to digest before desert. Like I feel like I should be geeking out that they just shot a Gotham vs Metropolis football game, it's kind of historic in a sense, but I just don't really feel anything.
I don't mind seeing Batman again so soon (well, I won't be offended by it, of course!), but I fear for Superman. It's not fair to Superman to take a backseat to Batman in the sequel to his own movie, and that's what I'm afraid will happen.

Quote:

We are not beholden to thread titles!

Last edited by Anita18; 10-21-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #948
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I can't speak for him, but I do lol

Quote:
Old 10-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #949
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Do you have an extensive folder of .gifs saved to your computer that you refer to when you want to express yourself in a specific way? Just curious.
Saved to a file sharing site, yes. I would imagine most people do here, cause you're not supposed to hotlink.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #950
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Saved to a file sharing site, yes. I would imagine most people do here, cause you're not supposed to hotlink.