The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #51
super85
Side-Kick
 
super85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Helsinki Finland/Stockholm Sweden
Posts: 548
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Thing is, I have never heard anyone from Singers crew confirm that there were plans for a sequel like that. Singer had outlines and probably treatments, but has anyone involved in the production said anything about the actual story/plot for the SR sequel? I know Singers writers were at a comic-con after SR with "Kneel Before Zod" T-shirts, and Singer said his "angry god" and "Wrath of Khan" comments. But besides that, I have never read anything more from the actual makers of SR.

super85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #52
MANOFSTEELtrilogy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 216
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

The only thing I head about Zod was that Singer wanted Jude Law to be Zod, and gave up on Zod when Jude Law refused. Maybe immediately after SR, Singer was still planning on Zod being in SR2 because he still believed Jude Law may accept. The story outline with Superman killing Jason was released years after Superman Returns.

MANOFSTEELtrilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #53
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,839
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

There were also Orlando Bloom Zod rumours

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #54
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
The only thing I head about Zod was that Singer wanted Jude Law to be Zod, and gave up on Zod when Jude Law refused. Maybe immediately after SR, Singer was still planning on Zod being in SR2 because he still believed Jude Law may accept. The story outline with Superman killing Jason was released years after Superman Returns.
Yeah. As flawed as I think it is (and I think MOS' weaknesses tend to be overstated), it's a lot more 'sequelable' than Returns. A SR sequel would force there to be more Jason and more Bodsworth.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #55
titansupes
Side-Kick
 
titansupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,898
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
Worldwide, the public was more interested in Superman Returns than Batman Begins. Look at the box office....

Superman Returns
$200,081,192 domestic
$391,081,192 worldwide
In Release: 128 days / 18.3 weeks

Batman Begins
$206,852,432 domestic
$374,218,673 worldwide
In Release: 142 days / 20.3 weeks

When Singer said he'd go all 'Wrath of Khan' with the sequel, he was spot-on. I read the story of SR2 and it featured Brainiac being drawn to earth by the orbiting New Krypton, and a million Brainiac footsoldiers taking on Superman, culminating in Brainiac inhabiting Jason's body. Superman killed his son to save the Earth. Sounds like the most action-packed story ever written, and also the most emotional/dramatic.
Are we really doing this? Arguing the success of Superman Returns? The movie that was supposed to be a franchise starter that immediately faded into nothingness? It may have made more money (not much) but the audience reaction was, well... There was none. People all but forgot about it a week later when Pirates came out. And again, you can't discount the budgets. That's a pretty vital part of how movies are weighed. SR didn't even make double it's budget, because of the lack of public interest. BB turned a profit against it's budget, and was well liked among the audience. SR... Was not.

As for the treatment, I like it too. It sounded like a bunch of cool, interesting ideas (A new Kryptonian challenging Superman's place in the world), but then you get to the Jason thing... If that was the best idea they had, it all but confirms that they had no goddamn clue. First of all: Bringing in Superman and Lois's child is one thing, their relationship is with Richard is quite another. So right there, it's a no win scenario. Then they have the brilliant idea of having Superman kill said son. No child should be killed in a Superman movie, yet alone Superman's and Lois' child, yet alone by Superman's hand. Did they think by getting him out of the way they could get back to the Supes/Lois dynamic we wanted? Do they not realise how that would damage their personalities and relationship more than ever? How could Superman live with himself? How could Lois?

Better writers could've handled the kid. 'The Boy Writers' had no clue.

*phew* Rant over.

Hell, you should be glad it failed given how much you obviously love MoS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super85 View Post
Thing is, I have never heard anyone from Singers crew confirm that there were plans for a sequel like that. Singer had outlines and probably treatments, but has anyone involved in the production said anything about the actual story/plot for the SR sequel? I know Singers writers were at a comic-con after SR with "Kneel Before Zod" T-shirts, and Singer said his "angry god" and "Wrath of Khan" comments. But besides that, I have never read anything more from the actual makers of SR.
There was the leaked treatment that MOStrilogy summarised above and also the private, employee website for Legendary Pictures showed that 'Superman Unleashed' was in development of some kind, at least.

__________________
I NEVER WANTED YOU TO COME BACK TO GOTHAM.


Last edited by titansupes; 07-17-2013 at 07:28 AM.
titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #56
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

^ Better writers wouldn't have given him a kid at all

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #57
titansupes
Side-Kick
 
titansupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,898
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ Better writers wouldn't have given him a kid at all
Very true. Not in the first movie as opposed to the last, at least.

__________________
I NEVER WANTED YOU TO COME BACK TO GOTHAM.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #58
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

^ The best way to handle Superman as deadbeat "father" would for him to be cloned without knowing about it. Thus Superboy's running about, and Superman doesn't have any active role in his creation. Or something like that.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #59
titansupes
Side-Kick
 
titansupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,898
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ The best way to handle Superman as deadbeat "father" would for him to be cloned without knowing about it. Thus Superboy's running about, and Superman doesn't have any active role in his creation. Or something like that.
Oh, the deadbeat angle (note: I don't actually think he was a deadbeat dad in that move, but I get you) wouldn't be present at all.

IF you must give him a child, you do either All-Star Superman style (my preference by a wide margin) or like Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

__________________
I NEVER WANTED YOU TO COME BACK TO GOTHAM.

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #60
JOE
_________________________
 
JOE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,723
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Worst case scenario, they announce an Aquaman film together.

__________________
"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #61
GreenKToo
In the fire
 
GreenKToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the fire.
Posts: 11,134
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

If they wanna get some buzz going, WB should announce MoS 2, WF, and JL.
But, since this is WB, all I expect to hear is ...''blah blah blah, and blah. followed by yadda yadda yadda...''

__________________
''Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.'' ~ John Wayne


GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #62
Sabaoth
Master
 
Sabaoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 955
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

It's either announce Man of Steel 2 or bust.
If they're not going to announce it then they are better off not sending Snyder and Cavill over as a sequel announcement is the only thing that will be on the minds of those who are there to see them.
I'm confident they will announce MOS2 as they waited this long to announce who they were sending to the 75th anniversary celebration at the con...they just announced this...there must have been some factors leading to this decision now.

__________________
IN GOYER WE TRUST
Sabaoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #63
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 16,058
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
The only thing I head about Zod was that Singer wanted Jude Law to be Zod, and gave up on Zod when Jude Law refused. Maybe immediately after SR, Singer was still planning on Zod being in SR2 because he still believed Jude Law may accept. The story outline with Superman killing Jason was released years after Superman Returns.

I love when I see people complain about the end of MOS and then claim that Superman Returns 2 would have been a better movie that is more true to the character. Because killing Zod is something Superman would never do, but KILLING HIS OWN SON is perfectly acceptable.

__________________
ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #64
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 2,576
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

I agree. Why waste this uberness of POTENTIAL blow-up to the DC Universe or future films and send Cavill and Snyder to SDCC just to answer questions from fans? Didn't they do this COUNTLESS number of times in all those interviews and on the MOS panel, close to an hour's worth with the cast upon its release?

Has to be the announcement. I mean, come on. Marvel fans are getting bombarded with awesomeness and have been for quite some time. It's OUR time in the sun!

__________________
MOS theater count: 6
Tra-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #65
kalhawj
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 621
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
Worldwide, the public was more interested in Superman Returns than Batman Begins. Look at the box office....

Superman Returns
$200,081,192 domestic
$391,081,192 worldwide
In Release: 128 days / 18.3 weeks

Batman Begins
$206,852,432 domestic
$374,218,673 worldwide
In Release: 142 days / 20.3 weeks

When Singer said he'd go all 'Wrath of Khan' with the sequel, he was spot-on. I read the story of SR2 and it featured Brainiac being drawn to earth by the orbiting New Krypton, and a million Brainiac footsoldiers taking on Superman, culminating in Brainiac inhabiting Jason's body. Superman killed his son to save the Earth. Sounds like the most action-packed story ever written, and also the most emotional/dramatic.
For those that though Superman killing Zod was a big deal... if Return was actually a success and got SR2 and this happen the world would be calling Singer's head for allowing Superman to kill is only son and not find a way to save him... lol

kalhawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #66
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,936
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Is the most we can expect just a confirmation that a sequel will happen?

Or is it possible we will get a public statement from WB right after with producing credits (hopefully Jonah Nolan involved with writing), and a quick synopsis (Lex Luthor)?

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #67
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 877
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

I also feel that Zack Snyder is a better director than Bryan Singer for these type of movies. Singer has too much of a bland style while Snyder is a breathtaking visual stylist.

Serpico Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #68
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 2,576
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Close your eyes....


Zack Snyder walks out to MOS film footage. Crowd applauds. Zack thanks the crowd and tells them how AWESOME the film was accepted and opens up fan-questions for his segment. Once the Q & A is over, he announces he brought somebody with him.

...Hans Zimmer Man of Steel theme plays. Cavill walks out in his suite. Crowd goes ape****. Cavill comes out, doesn't say a word. He stands there, spotlight on him. He turns his head, and looks up on the wall. The theater goes dark. All of a sudden, the Bat-Signal shines on the wall with a "WORLDS FINEST" font beneath it. People in the crowd pass out.

/end dream.

__________________
MOS theater count: 6
Tra-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #69
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

^ Yes. And I feel like Snyder cares more about the source material.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #70
king666
(‿)
 
king666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,170
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
I agree. Why waste this uberness of POTENTIAL blow-up to the DC Universe or future films and send Cavill and Snyder to SDCC just to answer questions from fans? Didn't they do this COUNTLESS number of times in all those interviews and on the MOS panel, close to an hour's worth with the cast upon its release?

Has to be the announcement. I mean, come on. Marvel fans are getting bombarded with awesomeness and have been for quite some time. It's OUR time in the sun!
Honestly, I think it would be stupid NOT to announce the sequel at this year's SDCC. But I won't get my hopes up. Unlike Marvel, WB likes to play it safe.

king666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #71
Migu-EL
Side-Kick
 
Migu-EL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phantom Zone...I think... OK..It's just Milwaukee
Posts: 1,564
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Does anyone think that the hold up on an announcement for MOS is due to what the next step for the DC Universe is (JL Movie,WF Movie, or a Flash or WW movie)?

__________________
I been up in the office you might know him as Clark// Just when you thought the whole world fell apart// I take off the blazer and loosen up the tie// Step inside the booth Superman is Alive
Migu-EL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #72
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Close your eyes....


Zack Snyder walks out to MOS film footage. Crowd applauds. Zack thanks the crowd and tells them how AWESOME the film was accepted and opens up fan-questions for his segment. Once the Q & A is over, he announces he brought somebody with him. The lights go dark....

...Hans Zimmer Man of Steel theme plays. Cavill walks out in his suite. Crowd goes ape****. Cavill comes out, doesn't say a word. He stands there, spotlight on him. He turns his head, and looks up on the wall. The theater goes dark. All of a sudden, the Bat-Signal shines on the wall with a "WORLDS FINEST" font beneath it. People in the crowd pass out.

/end dream.
That should be the third installment of the MOS trilogy. With the proper "third" film afterward. There are too many loose ends to flesh out for Batman to complicate things. But hopefully with most of the loose ends wrapped up in the sequel, I'd want a WF standalone film. And I'd like Brainiac to be the main bad guy, with Luthor as an unwitting pawn

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #73
GreenKToo
In the fire
 
GreenKToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the fire.
Posts: 11,134
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Close your eyes....


Zack Snyder walks out to MOS film footage. Crowd applauds. Zack thanks the crowd and tells them how AWESOME the film was accepted and opens up fan-questions for his segment. Once the Q & A is over, he announces he brought somebody with him.

...Hans Zimmer Man of Steel theme plays. Cavill walks out in his suite. Crowd goes ape****. Cavill comes out, doesn't say a word. He stands there, spotlight on him. He turns his head, and looks up on the wall. The theater goes dark. All of a sudden, the Bat-Signal shines on the wall with a "WORLDS FINEST" font beneath it. People in the crowd pass out.

/end dream.
Go on and take my money now..TAAKE IIIT ALLLL....

__________________
''Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.'' ~ John Wayne


GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #74
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 2,576
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
That should be the third installment of the MOS trilogy. With the proper "third" film afterward. There are too many loose ends to flesh out for Batman to complicate things. But hopefully with most of the loose ends wrapped up in the sequel, I'd want a WF standalone film. And I'd like Brainiac to be the main bad guy, with Luthor as an unwitting pawn
^Truth. Thinking outloud again and drooling over the potential for a Worlds Finest someday....

I'd be ecstatic with just a "Oh, BTW, filming for "MAN OF TOMORROW" starts next year.." BOOOOOOM shackalacka....

__________________
MOS theater count: 6
Tra-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #75
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default Re: Cavill and Snyder appearing at comic con!

World's Finest 2017/18!

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.