The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 11-18-2013, 01:55 AM   #276
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Default Re: Antje Traue IS Faora in The Man of Steel - Part 2

I had never heard of this actress before, I'll remember the name. She was bad azz! I mean just wicked and I loved it. She was a true highlight for me in this movie. Not that I didn't like pretty much everything else, but she stood out. The looks and shade she was throwing to others were comical. I love the look she gives Hardy when his gun is empty. Every time someone shot at her she just had this look like "y'all fools are annoying me"...lol. I loved it! I wish we could see her again. She was really good.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 11-18-2013 at 01:59 AM.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #277
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

If Brainiac and Supergirl are ever brought into a sequel Faora MUST come back somehow.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:02 AM   #278
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I don't know how they'll do it, but I'm with you. She was just fantastic. I want to see her again.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.

Last edited by charl_huntress; 11-18-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #279
Cybermaxis
Side-Kick

Cybermaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #280
Caekzor
Side-Kick

Gotta love those dildo-shaped cocoons.

Caekzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #281
Cybermaxis
Side-Kick

Old 11-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #282
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermaxis View Post
I love this scene. I just love how she gives Zod one last look. Like her general is the last thing she wants to see. It's just so bad azz...lol. I want her to make a return. She just hast too.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #283
Cybermaxis
Side-Kick

Old 11-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #284
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I love you Cybermaxis! Keep'em coming!

Old 11-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #285
Cybermaxis
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I love you Cybermaxis! Keep'em coming!
Thanks! Those are some of my favorites from here http://screencapped.net/movie/manofs...ls.php?album=4 I'm sure there are others, but too lazy to go through the 6000+ MOS screencaps lol. FYI I uploaded those in my posts to imgur because I'm not sure if that site allows hotlinking.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #286
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

I will check that out. Thank you very much!

Old 11-20-2013, 03:14 AM   #287
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
If Brainiac and Supergirl are ever brought into a sequel Faora MUST come back somehow.
If the scientist guy survived the trip to the phantom zone maybe he will devise a way to come back with the remaining kryptonians help.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #288
sef
Side-Kick

Probably won't take long before WB/YT pulls the plug on this one so enjoy while you can:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #289
trauen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sef View Post
Probably won't take long before WB/YT pulls the plug on this one so enjoy while you can:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Great! Do you know where this is from?
I bought the BluRay and either I missed it, or it is not on the BluRay disc.

BTW: "The Seventh Son" is once again postponed to Feb 2015

Funny though that on the imdb "Seventh Son"-page the cast is "sorted by IMDb STARmeter" and Antje Traue is top of the list, followed by Julianne Moore, Jeff Bridges, Kit Harrington, Ben Barnes.
So with not much more than one supporting role she is already the "biggest star"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1121096/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

trauen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #290
sef
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauen View Post
Great! Do you know where this is from?
I bought the BluRay and either I missed it, or it is not on the BluRay disc.
As the title suggests, it's from the Maximum Movie Mode-like special feature called 'Journey of Discovery: Creating 'Man of Steel'' that's only included with the US editions of the BluRay release unfortunately.
I'd recommend to go through the hassle of importing one copy to wherever you are though, those two US-exclusive extras (the mockumentary 'Planet Krypton' being the other) are the better ones out of the whole bunch, imho.

And yeah, the latest push back of 'Seventh Son' is a rather tough one. One freaking year!
Was looking forward to get my next cinematic Antje-fix in two months but what can you do...

sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #291
Xhexania
Side-Kick

Hi!
Im new the forums, though I visited it before to get info here in this thread, since there is good info and material posted about Antje here

Ive been wondering, specially since the news that Seventh Son will be released February 6th 2015 and considering the movie is being doomed after all this push back... Are there news on any other projects for Antje?

It is hard to believe that an actress and her character in MoS, that is so commented in many social networks, hasnt gotten any other work since then, specially considering actors with less presence in other superhero films make a lot of profit with less screen time, by getting jobs in many other films.

What do you think?

Xhexania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #292
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Is she big in her country? I had never heard of her before MOS.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:37 AM   #293
Xhexania
Side-Kick

Quote:
Is she big in her country? I had never heard of her before MOS.
no, not big anywhere... though after MoS, one would think there would be more little roles for her in the HW industry.

Xhexania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:27 AM   #294
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

She certainly made an impression as Faora and I hope to see more of her. I actually hope we see her again in another Superman movie.

By the way... welcome Xhexania.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:41 AM   #295
BrollySupersj
Talent for disruption

I'm curious, when Zod, Faora and the other Kryptonian soldiers where looking for Kal-El's ship at the farm, Faora was doing a lot of super moves.

Was that due to her exoskeleton suit? Did that grant them super powers? Or was it yellow sun light getting through her face mask membrane thing?

Because Zod didn't get his powers till his membrane mask was destroyed, right?

I haven't seen the movie since June, so I'm probably forgetting some things. Anyone mind clearing the situation up? I was watching a clip from the movie, that's where all this is coming from.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:54 AM   #296
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhexania View Post
no, not big anywhere... though after MoS, one would think there would be more little roles for her in the HW industry.
I thought she said she had retired from acting before she accepted the role of Faora.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:27 AM   #297
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollySupersj View Post
I'm curious, when Zod, Faora and the other Kryptonian soldiers where looking for Kal-El's ship at the farm, Faora was doing a lot of super moves.

Was that due to her exoskeleton suit? Did that grant them super powers? Or was it yellow sun light getting through her face mask membrane thing?

Because Zod didn't get his powers till his membrane mask was destroyed, right?

I haven't seen the movie since June, so I'm probably forgetting some things. Anyone mind clearing the situation up? I was watching a clip from the movie, that's where all this is coming from.
Truthfully I'm unclear about how any of the Kryptonians got their powers. The movie showed that Kal was depowered by the change in atmosphere, but all the Kyptonians with the breathers still had super powers. Frankly, I'm still confused about it. Hopefully someone will clear this up for the both of us.

Old 11-29-2013, 04:34 AM   #298
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Truthfully I'm unclear about how any of the Kryptonians got their powers. The movie showed that Kal was depowered by the change in atmosphere, but all the Kyptonians with the breathers still had super powers. Frankly, I'm still confused about it. Hopefully someone will clear this up for the both of us.
I think he was depowered because his body was having a violent reaction to the particle in the air he was breathing. While the other Kryptoians bodies where used to the Kryptoians air.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:36 AM   #299
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I wish there had been more "pseudo-technobabbly-scifi" explanation on some stuff in MOS, because there are a small handful of problems that pop up when you start wanting a totally airtight logic to be applied across the board. Of course, once you start pulling that thread the whole S covered sweater is going to start getting undone. Why was Lois not crushed, or in the least caused great discomfort by the gravity difference aboard the Black Zero? Why all the effort to make a multileveled Kryptonian written language but not a few scenes of their spoken one? And I am sure everyone else could come up with more of their own. But I think that mostly, those questions are more in the nit pick category, like why Iron Man didn't use the "Tank Missile" on Stane or how the microwave transmitter in BB didn't just make people explode like the water in the underground pipes ect.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:39 AM   #300
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
I think he was depowered because his body was having a violent reaction to the particle in the air he was breathing. While the other Kryptoians bodies where used to the Kryptoians air.
So the Krytonian air is like Kryptonite? I suppose that makes sense... It still seems like something is off about that though; yet that's probably because all the Kyrptonians seemed to be as powerful as Supes without the prolonged exposure to the yellow sun.