Default Re: Antje Traue IS Faora in The Man of Steel - Part 2

It's past midnight in germany, so

Happy Birthday Antje!

trauen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #352
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

And she's smacking fools around... That's the way you celebrate!

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #353
Xhexania
Side-Kick

I´m still hoping for news about a new project for her...

source

Xhexania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:59 PM   #354
trauen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhexania View Post
I´m still hoping for news about a new project for her...
I'm confident that she is working on something. A few weeks ago I saw an interview with the stunt double of Cavill. He said that he bumped into Antje at a coffee shop in LA. So at least she's in Hollywood.

Faora laughing? Is that on the bluray?

Old 01-20-2014, 10:59 PM   #355
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

meanwhile in the Phantom Zone...

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:59 AM   #356
Xhexania
Side-Kick

Mackenzie Gray (Jax-Ur) about filming the incarceration scene in Man of Steel. [source: HenryCavill.org (via thetigressofzod.tumblr)

Quote:
So I looked over at Antje, who was standing patiently and somewhat rigidly on her pod and I walked over to her, stood by her side facing forward and said in a low voice “Uh, don’t look now, but you’re standing in a vagina.” I kept looking forward as she, of course, looked down. She burst out laughing and said “You’re terrible!” I looked at her and said “Just thought you might like to know.” and walked calmly back to my pod. For the next 40 minutes, all I had to do was shoot a whisper to her and make a gesture with my head downwards, and she'd crack up. It was great fun on a long day. From that point on we called ourselves the "Vagina Gang." For the opening of the film, I gave her a Geode Rock Formation that was not unlike the pods we stood on."
And Mackenzie Gray also said in his interview:

Quote:
"The cast were terrific. Particularly, for me, were Antje Traue and Michael Shannon, both of whom I spent so much time with. Antje and I became very close, often spending time off set playing music, recording songs, taping auditions for other projects and just having coffee and working on the script."
For the entire interview: henrycavill.org

trauen, the interview with Henry's stunt double is old, I know it was done in August, so who knows if Antje is still in LA. .. And the gif of her behind the scene was from a YT vid you posted taken from one of the DVDs, it was a short image in a small frame, you blink and you miss it.

Last edited by Xhexania; 01-21-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:17 AM   #357
Xhexania
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post

meanwhile in the Phantom Zone...
LOL!!...

"Actress Antje Traue (Faora) and her friend Marcus and I recorded songs while we were filming and formed a mock band, Einundswanzig (21 in German) and we did "Album cover" photos in wigs. Here’s one of them. Russell Crowe thought we sounded pretty good!" -Mackenzie Gray

I want to hear what music they recorded :P

Old 01-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #358
sef
Side-Kick

Quote:
And happy that Antje Traue has joined the cast of Despite The Falling Snow to play Marina, the journalist with a secret who falls in love with Lauren (Rebecca Ferguson). Do they make a good couple?

Source

sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #359
Xhexania
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sef View Post
seems like a small indie film but it is good to know there is a project.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #360
sef
Side-Kick

Exactly, better than nothing.
And it's scheduled for a September 2014 release. In Canada, that is.

The internets is on a roll today:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And there are actually a few older shots of Antje to boot on that acting agency's website as well:

Old 01-21-2014, 07:43 PM   #361
Xhexania
Side-Kick

Quote:
oh, thanks for posting all that!! I´m so glad that there are stuff on the net, and like you said, even a small indie film it is something specially with that release date, the more she works in English spoken films, the more she will keep working in other projects.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #362
Traitorsgate

I'll take a small Indie film over a Blockbuster any day of the week. The premise of the film sounds interesting as well.

Traitorsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #363
Xhexania
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitorsgate View Post
I'll take a small Indie film over a Blockbuster any day of the week. The premise of the film sounds interesting as well.
Very true!! I agree with you!

oh and someone talented making gifs made some from the latest vid here:

source

Old 01-21-2014, 11:59 PM   #364
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Am definitely a big fan of Antje now & her performance in MoS. And she's not hard on the eyes either.

Hulk-1700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:08 AM   #365
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

edit

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 01-24-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #366
trauen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Mackenzie Gray (Jax-Ur) about filming the incarceration scene in Man of Steel. [source: HenryCavill.org (via thetigressofzod.tumblr)

And Mackenzie Gray also said in his interview:

For the entire interview: henrycavill.org

trauen, the interview with Henry's stunt double is old, I know it was done in August, so who knows if Antje is still in LA. .. And the gif of her behind the scene was from a YT vid you posted taken from one of the DVDs, it was a short image in a small frame, you blink and you miss it.
oops, forgot that... my bad

Didn't know that the double interview is that old. I read the Mackenzie Gray interview a few month back. It's great.

It's really great that each person talks nice about Antje - Mackenzie Gray, the stunt man. In a blog the owner of a DVD shop in Vancouver commented, that Antje always came to his shop to rent DVDs while she was shooting there, and that it is sad, that she is no longer there, because she is such a great person. Below some yt-video a person commented that he asked "this girl" for a date in 2011 and she said that she has no time because she was shooting a superman movie, and he didn't believe her. And later he found out, that she told him completely the truth...

I have yet to find the first negative story about her.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:25 PM   #367
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

I doubt you will, unless it's from some hater trying to make her look bad. Antje comes across as genuine so I think it's unlikely you'll ever hear anything bad being said about her.

Old 01-22-2014, 05:39 PM   #368
trauen
Side-Kick

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
...and this is the next video I could listen to for hours and days. Her voice is so gorgeous.
Am I correct that her accent is weaker than in the MoS interviews, more "americanized"?

btw.: Usually a showreel is a collection of the work an actor/actress has done so far, right?

Besides "Pandorum" and "5 Days of War" the showreel mentions "Extant", "The Gunman" and "The Crow".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3155320/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2515034/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1340094/?ref_=fn_al_tt_10

Don't know what that means... but maybe a nice surprise

Antje's hair do in the first movie looks like in the Bullet shooting, and in the other two it's looks like the do she had at Comic Con... So the times could fit...

Old 01-22-2014, 06:27 PM   #369
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauen View Post
oops, forgot that... my bad

Didn't know that the double interview is that old. I read the Mackenzie Gray interview a few month back. It's great.

It's really great that each person talks nice about Antje - Mackenzie Gray, the stunt man. In a blog the owner of a DVD shop in Vancouver commented, that Antje always came to his shop to rent DVDs while she was shooting there, and that it is sad, that she is no longer there, because she is such a great person. Below some yt-video a person commented that he asked "this girl" for a date in 2011 and she said that she has no time because she was shooting a superman movie, and he didn't believe her. And later he found out, that she told him completely the truth...

I have yet to find the first negative story about her.
Best date rejection ever!

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:55 PM   #370
Traitorsgate

IMDB have updated Antje Traue's filmography with Despite The Falling Snow. It's listed as being in Pre-production with a release date of September 15 2014. If that's accurate then it looks like it could be getting released in time for the Toronto International Film Festival - TIFF. Right at the start of the 'Oscar Bait' season.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2474932/?ref_=ttrel_rel_tt

Traitorsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #371
Xhexania
Side-Kick

Quote:
...and this is the next video I could listen to for hours and days. Her voice is so gorgeous.
Am I correct that her accent is weaker than in the MoS interviews, more "americanized"?

btw.: Usually a showreel is a collection of the work an actor/actress has done so far, right?

Besides "Pandorum" and "5 Days of War" the showreel mentions "Extant", "The Gunman" and "The Crow".

Antje's hair do in the first movie looks like in the Bullet shooting, and in the other two it's looks like the do she had at Comic Con... So the times could fit...
I think those were her auditions tape, which her management is using to make a reel to promote her speaking English, because though she showed acting talent in MoS, she didn´t show dialogue skills in it, because she didn´t had more than a few sentences, but The Gunman has already started shooting and she is not in it.

Last edited by Xhexania; 01-22-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #372
sef
Side-Kick

Quote:
oh, thanks for posting all that!!
You're welcome.

Quote:
Regarding her English I'd say it's still about on the same level of 'Murricanization' as her lines are in MoS, with a bit of an odd pronunciation here and there (which, if I remember correctly, in case of MoS was done deliberately to convey that Faora and Jax-Ur not only are aliens from another planet but both also hail from the Kryptonian equivalent of Germany on Krypton).
Overall pretty solid (dare I say near perfect and almost accent-free), but still with those few slip ups to further work on.

Looks like she won't get the chance to show that off in Despite The Falling Snow though, with her being cast as the other love interest of Rebecca Ferguson's character in 1950s Moscow.

Quote:

Interesting theory you got there.
Antje definitely mentions a 'baby program' that eventually got its body which matches the description of a 'first prototype of a future line of "Humanichs", (child-like) "human robots"' in the 'Extant' TV-Series and the dialogue in the 'Crow' segment of the showreel has that kind of undying-love-beyond-the-grave-vibe to it ('I shall but love thee better after death')... hmm.

Quote:
The Gunman has already started shooting and she is not in it.
Just because she isn't listed (yet) doesn't completely rule out Antje's involvement in it, does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitorsgate View Post
IMDB have updated Antje Traue's filmography with Despite The Falling Snow. It's listed as being in Pre-production with a release date of September 15 2014. If that's accurate then it looks like it could be getting released in time for the Toronto International Film Festival - TIFF. Right at the start of the 'Oscar Bait' season.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2474932/?ref_=ttrel_rel_tt
'Oscar bait' is quite a bit of a long shot, but maybe not as long considering how hip small LGBT-related indie productions are with the critics these days.

Last edited by sef; 01-23-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:10 PM   #373
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
I think those were her auditions tape, which her management is using to make a reel to promote her speaking English, because though she showed acting talent in MoS, she didn´t show dialogue skills in it, because she didn´t had more than a few sentences, but The Gunman has already started shooting and she is not in it.
Don't agree with you. the few dialogue she had was one of the best things of the movie. beating supes speech was great and she delivered pretty well.
I have to say she is one of the best things about MOS.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:20 PM   #374
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

I agree. My first time watching MoS I was really surprised by how good Faora's character was presented. That was followed by an immediate obsession with Antje. haha

Even though she didn't have the biggest role in the film, she was great with what she had to do, & I loved the cold and calculating aspects of the character that Antje portrayed well.

I'm hoping that she'll become a more familiar face over the years.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:58 PM   #375
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post
I agree. My first time watching MoS I was really surprised by how good Faora's character was presented. That was followed by an immediate obsession with Antje. haha

Even though she didn't have the biggest role in the film, she was great with what she had to do, & I loved the cold and calculating aspects of the character that Antje portrayed well.

I'm hoping that she'll become a more familiar face over the years.
I hope that too....