Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #576
Old Wolverine
Banned User

Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 5

Theory about the end of The WOLVERINE credits sequence

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
My theory about X3 explained in The Wolverine film credit sequence goes like this. Jean/ Pheonix killed Charles Xavier in Xmen Last Stand. However, in the after credits scene of X3 you see a body of someone that is basically in a coma. That body was the source of Xavier's mind move from his current body which was destroyed. You could go two ways: The first way is that Charles was just a projection to Jean and she never killed him at all, but that seems unlikely since the after credits scene in X3 shows the body of the coma person. Theory two: would be that Jean killed Charles but in the last second he moved his mind to the coma persons body and woke up later. In the middle credits in the Wolverine we see Charles in the wheeled chair which could be the coma patient still but Chrles projects his old self for everyone to see. That's my theory, anyone have any others?

Old 07-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #577
Raiden
The Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
I agree, "Jean" was vey important. It really helped me out with Logans inner struggle, and I actually felt for him. Yea its hard to go into details, but Jean was indeed important.
The only thing I don't like about this subplot is that it is connected with the events of X3, and that is a movie that I was hoping would've been taken out of the continuity with DOFP.

Btw, is The Wolverine on the same timeline with DOFP?

Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #578
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
The only thing I don't like about this subplot is that it is connected with the events of X3, and that is a movie that I was hoping would've been taken out of the continuity with DOFP.

Well that's understandable but DOFP does incorporate all of the movies in some fashion. it would probably be foolish not to. Thankfully wolverine doesn't throw what happened in x3 in your face. It makes good of it and continues its own thing. By the time the bonus credits scene rolls around youll have forgotten about x3 lol.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #579
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
It has to be.

The post-credits scene directly references DoFP.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #580
runningman3000
Side-Kick

beautiful concept art http://www.ankaris.com/blog/2013/07/...ncept-art-pt1/ by Wayne Haag

Old 07-26-2013, 01:32 AM   #581
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
Well that's understandable but DOFP does incorporate all of the movies in some fashion. it would probably be foolish not to. Thankfully wolverine doesn't throw what happened in x3 in your face. It makes good of it and continues its own thing. By the time the bonus credits scene rolls around youll have forgotten about x3 lol.
I feel like they used Jean because she's the character the movie audience knows, and they saw what Wolverine had to do to her. You could go back to the comics and find other instances (like Rose, from the Origin comics, since he'd killed her by accident), and understand just how much the guilt he's suffering could ultimately cripple him, especially when as someone who can live for centuries.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:48 AM   #582
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I will forever respect TW for referencing both X3 (and thus redeeming it quite a bit in my eyes, it was exactly the thing I wanted to see in a post-X3 movie and I've been saying since I came out of the theatre back in '06) and XMOW.

No matter the quality of some of its installments, a franchise should acknowledge them all, if there's no reboot involved. And TW did that, and did it by tying everything organically. FOX is really trying here.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:58 AM   #583
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I will forever respect TW for referencing both X3 (and thus redeeming it quite a bit in my eyes, it was exactly the thing I wanted to see in a post-X3 movie and I've been saying since I came out of the theatre back in '06) and XMOW.

No matter the quality of some of its installments, a franchise should acknowledge them all, if there's no reboot involved. And TW did that, and did it by tying everything organically. FOX is really trying here.
Agreed. I love how Jean was used. Things got F'ed up, but they are on the right track back to fixing them. Wolverine has been cinematically redeemed.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:02 AM   #584
Mr. Dent

Don't know if this has been brought up but

Did anyone notice the post-credit scene was an homage to FC? The way Charles and Xavier approached Wolverine is exactly how they did their team up stuff in FC. Pretty cool call back.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #585
x-fan
Side-Kick

seen it last night, it was easily the best x-men movie. Wolverine was portrayed like he should have been in all the other movies, except orgins, he should have be meaner in it. there were a few things I didn't like, viper, the claws at the end, both un-necessary other than that no complaints here.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #586
Superhero 101
DESI

Saw it today And I thought this was a really solid movie but there are some things that I was bothered about. I don't know where to begin. The beginning of the movie was pretty great we see Wolverine in Japan and the opening pretty much set the tone of the movie. The Directing by Mangold was pretty good but you can tell that he didn't know how to handle the big climax of the film which was executed poorly. It felt way too rushed and the pacing didn't match with the rest of the film. The Quiet Moments of the film is what really stood out to me. The Action In the movie was pretty awesome My favorite ones being The Bullet train sequence which looked bad in the trailers but was aweseome when you actually see it in the movie. The Shingen vs Wolverine fight was nice and brutal but I wish it could have been a bit longer. I also liked the Funeral sequence too nice and tense. The two weakest fights for me was the Ninjas vs Wolverine and Silver Samurai vs. Logan although I didn't expect Wolverine to lose
his second claw
The Actors in this movie were great Jackman has never been better as Logan and I think he gave his best performance. All female actresses were great even the actress who played Viper. Even though she may have came off to comic booky i think she did good with what she was given.

Here are my Biggest complaints.
Characters like Harada and Viper and Shingen felt underused I think if they would have been given more screen time it would have made the movie better. Harada switching sides at the end was typical. Shingen going insane at the end didn't make sense to me and It felt off when he tried to kill his daughter. Viper was the most annoying character because she felt out of place and I think Fox just used her so they could get her rights or whatever.
Also I noticed they cut the Wolverine vs Ninjas in the town. The trailers and Tv spot show Logan fighting the Ninjas but we get a different version in the movie which I didn't like at all. Hopefully Mangold releases his cut

The Climax of the film was also a issue for me because it felt so rushed and didn't match with the rest of the film and the whole old Yashida being alive was obvious for me and didn't help the movie at all.

Another teeny tiny problem I had was the end credit sequence Even though it was friggin awesome to see it I thought when
Xavier wheeled his way to Logan it looked really weird

Overall my complaints of the film aren't too big I mean yeah there were some problems with the film but they didn't bother me so much that it ruined the film for me. In the end I still enjoyed the movie and felt the movie is as good as the First X-men movie and a major improvement over the last one. I give it a 8.5/10

Old 07-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #587
BlackFox
Kuzuri

Ah you may want to add spoilers!!

HAWKEYE PUNISHER WOLVERINE WAR MACHINE

DREDD
Old 07-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #588
MagnarTheGreat
Searching with Jade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
Also I noticed they cut the Wolverine vs Ninjas in the town. The trailers and Tv spot show Logan fighting the Ninjas but we get a different version in the movie which I didn't like at all. Hopefully Mangold releases his cut
Yukio was supposed to be involved in the ninja fight near the end. SHH used to have a significant article on the front page about the details but I can't find it now. And something was supposed to explode from the trailer. Wolverine had a cigar at some point too.

This part felt the most off to me in the movie, partially because I watched the trailers so many times. This was the most rushed part of the movie IMO.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #589
BlackFox
Kuzuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Yukio was supposed to be involved in the ninja fight near the end. SHH used to have a significant article on the front page about the details but I can't find it now. And something was supposed to explode from the trailer. Wolverine had a cigar at some point too.

This part felt the most off to me in the movie, partially because I watched the trailers so many times. This was the most rushed part of the movie IMO.
I have more issue with this than the final fight to be honest.

DREDD
Old 07-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #590
MagnarTheGreat
Searching with Jade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Ah you may want to add spoilers!!
Beware, people that haven't seen the film yet!

Old 07-26-2013, 12:54 PM   #591
vinegar_q
Side-Kick

Anyone saw this complaint on yahoo? What do you think? Just critics complaining for the sake of complaining?

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...225013600.html

Old 07-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #592
BlackFox
Kuzuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinegar_q View Post
Anyone saw this complaint on yahoo? What do you think? Just critics complaining for the sake of complaining?

There is ten times more male nudity than female nudity in this film.

As Logan says: "I feel violated"

DREDD
Old 07-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #593
Bren
Forevernoob

Really disappointed. Up to the point where he's stuck full of arrows it was decent, but my flap it went downhill from there.... Last wolverine-centric film I'll watch at the theatre I reckon.

Disappointed indeed.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #594
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinegar_q View Post

What the hell?!

Hugh Jackman got more naked than Famke Janssen did in this movie.

I thought the Star Trek "controversy" was ridiculous, and this is just plain non-sensical.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #595
vinegar_q
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
What the hell?!

Hugh Jackman got more naked than Famke Janssen did in this movie.

I thought the Star Trek "controversy" was ridiculous, and this is just plain non-sensical.
It makes sense to me that if he dreams about her, it would be in an intimate setting... people have panties twisted at times.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #596
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post

Exactly,just like the comics when they devote a particular story to all the inconsistencies to a particular character/event;history thru the yrs.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 07-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #597
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

So Silver Samurai a robot?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 07-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #598
MagnarTheGreat
Searching with Jade

So are we in agreement that they split...

Shingen's comic character into two? Or at least passed characteristics to the old Yashida.

The old man had some debts like comic Shingen did. The old man commands the Black Clan (The Hand). Yukio works for the old man. The old man had Wolverine via Viper weaken his healing power. Mariko took part in killing the old man (in the comics she said she was planning to kill her father if Wolverine failed to kill him) before Wolverine threw him in the mech suit away. Mariko succeeded her grandfather in command of the organization. In the movie, he becomes the "Silver Samurai" (Mangold has called it that) instead of his son in the comics and has a fight with Wolverine. The final battle with comic Shingen in the 4 issue arc takes place in a place whose exteriors are similar to the movie's climactic setting.

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 07-26-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #599
MagnarTheGreat
Searching with Jade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
So Silver Samurai a robot?
The short answer (yes/no)

No.

Slightly longer answer

No, if you mean there's no human element.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #600
EliteF50
Side-Kick

Waiting at the theater, only 45 minutes left now!

"The first rule of 'Tusi is to not talk about 'Tusi."
Listen to my updated Bane voice impression!
Closed Thread