Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #676
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visiting Arkham View Post
Who else would love to see another solo film with Mariko and Yukio? Bring back James Mangold to direct, and have it be about international corporate espionage with some mutant undercurrents in it. Keep it small and scale and focused on Wolverine and his relationships.
I would. Actually, another lose-adaptation of a Japan-centric story could be cool. Chris Claremont's Kitty Pryde and Wolverine could be neat.

Bring Ellen Page back for juicier role with Jackman as Logan. Reworking the story to include Yukio and Mariko.

The Wolverine is already at a worldwide of 140 million on a 120 million budget, so not at all impossible.

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 07-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #677
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Is there evidence that exists on-line (or elsewhere) regarding FOX's approval authority on tie-in merchandise? Without any additional evidence, I'm going to believe the government filed financials.

Also, are we to believe that Fox is turning down merchandise revenue "for the children"? in any case, we'll find out the truth next summer when DOFP opens. If there are shelves of Rocket plush toys and no DOFP t-shirts, we'll know who is in control of X-Men tie-in merchandise.
Nothing automatically changed with the Disney merger with Marvel regarding Fox's film rights and merchandising. Hasbro's license with Fox runs through 2017. Sony's deal regarding merchandise was an independent deal they struck with Marvel/Disney.

I don't understand the confusion. Fox purposefully hasn't come out with kid-friendly merchandise for either First Class or The Wolverine. That might change with DOFP but it's their call, not Marvel's. They have the contract with Hasbro regarding toy tie-ins for their movies, just like they are the ones responsible for licensing their film properties with other companies.

http://investor.hasbro.com/releasede...leaseid=586241

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Marve...MVL)/Licensing

http://www.wipo.int/wipo_magazine/en...icle_0005.html

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 07-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #678
icekid
Side-Kick

I'd much rather see Yukio in an X-Men film. Imagine her in an x-costume, sure it might be treading on Psylocke's territory, but I'd accept it.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #679
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=marvmovi-20

I REALLY hope they keep this as the bluray cover.
Yeah me too, kind of gives it a stand alone feel against the other X-Men film covers aswell. It's such a good pic, wouldn't mind it on a T-Shirt.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 07-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #680
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Who else would love to see another solo film with Mariko and Yukio? Bring back James Mangold to direct, and have it be about international corporate espionage with some mutant undercurrents in it. Keep it small and scale and focused on Wolverine and his relationships.
keep it small, but im all for it. Especially if they can create a great story around Sunfire, and maybe Psylocke. Maybe the villain is Omega Red? or hell bring back Sabretooth gosh dangit!

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 07-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #681
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah me too, kind of gives it a stand alone feel against the other X-Men film covers aswell. It's such a good pic, wouldn't mind it on a T-Shirt.
I got a t-shirt of it at the fan screening last week.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #682
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Quote:
I'm sort of torn on this.

On hand I like this standalone story it work so well on its own, Wolverine finding his purpose again and wanting to get back in the fight for DoFP, the setting of Japan is so perfect to.

But then more Wolvie and more Yukio.............

Old 07-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #683
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I got a t-shirt of it at the fan screening last week.
Jammy sod, gonna check on eBay me thinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagefighterkip View Post
I would. Actually, another lose-adaptation of a Japan-centric story could be cool. Chris Claremont's Kitty Pryde and Wolverine could be neat.

Bring Ellen Page back for juicier role with Jackman as Logan. Reworking the story to include Yukio and Mariko.

The Wolverine is already at a worldwide of 140 million on a 120 million budget, so not at all impossible.
I like the sound of that, whose the villains of the story?

Old 07-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #684
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Jammy sod, gonna check on eBay me thinks
Look at all the stuff I got!

Here's the lanyard:

Old 07-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #685
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
I'm sort of torn on this.

On hand I like this standalone story it work so well on its own, Wolverine finding his purpose again and wanting to get back in the fight for DoFP, the setting of Japan is so perfect to.

But then more Wolvie and more Yukio.............
The early Wolvie tales, he's always had some kind of a sidekick...

Jubilee, Kitty Pryde..And there was also one very memorable Wolverine story where he sorta team up with that kid from power pack.Forgot her name.One of my fav Wolvie story ever.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #686
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

You guys suck. Now I can't get the thought of a Wolvie/Yukio vs Omega Red movie out of my head.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 07-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #687
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
The early Wolvie tales, he's always had some kind of a sidekick...

Jubilee, Kitty Pryde..And there was also one very memorable Wolverine story where he sorta team up with that kid from power pack.Forgot her name.One of my fav Wolvie story ever.
Yeah the two of them work together so well, be interesting to see if a sequel is a possability after its cinematic run.

I guess demand will dictate if it happens. I wouldnt be against it thats for sure, especially if we got a proper SS in the film in some way.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #688
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
You guys suck. Now I can't get the thought of a Wolvie/Yukio vs Omega Red movie out of my head.
Haha yeah now I'm going to be dissapointed if it doesnt happen!!!

Old 07-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #689
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

yeah, i think it needs a sequel... we need to know what happened to Yukio, and why she's still not following Wolvie around.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 07-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #690
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Yeah the two of them work together so well, be interesting to see if a sequel is a possability after its cinematic run.

I guess demand will dictate if it happens. I wouldnt be against it thats for sure, especially if we got a proper SS in the film in some way.
heh..wanna know something funny...i'm a huge Wolverine fan but i actually quit reading his comics a while ago

And since you're a fan you might know, but isn't SS dead in the comics now?

Old 07-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #691
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:

Dolp Lundgren for Omega Red

Old 07-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #692
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Quote:
heh..wanna know something funny...i'm a huge Wolverine fan but i actually quit reading his comics a while ago

I dont read much of the current stuff nowadays, tend to stick to the movies, but I think he did go through several changes, I think he died but his son took his place or something like that, basically passed down another generation.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #693
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Last I saw, Shingen "Shin" Harada was in robo SS gear in Wolverine And The X-Men this year.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #694
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I have large collection of X-Men comics but I quit buying new ones In 2005/2006.The Jose
Quesda regime just got too much for me.The whole white Phoenix some go on and on about I know nothing about.That must have came after i quit buying marvel comics or from new X-Men after I quit buying them.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #695
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nothing automatically changed with the Disney merger with Marvel regarding Fox's film rights and merchandising. Hasbro's license with Fox runs through 2017. Sony's deal regarding merchandise was an independent deal they struck with Marvel/Disney.

I don't understand the confusion. Fox purposefully hasn't come out with kid-friendly merchandise for either First Class or The Wolverine. That might change with DOFP but it's their call, not Marvel's. They have the contract with Hasbro regarding toy tie-ins for their movies, just like they are the ones responsible for licensing their film properties with other companies.
I apologize for my confusion. My knowledge of the film industry ended when I quit my theater manager job after college. But I do have experience reading financial statements - in a prior job I proofread and edgarized statements for real estate LLCs before filing. And Its highly unlikely Marvel would state that they had control over their merchandising agreements if this wasnt the case.

I read your linked articles - thank you - and there was nothing in them that refers to FOX having a say in regards to licensed merchandise. And while I appreciate FOX wanting to limit childrens exposure to more adult themed product, it makes no sense to me that they would willingly abandon a licensing strategy that had proved so successful for the first four X-Men films.

XM:FC, in my opinion, was no more "mature" than the films in the original trilogy, and not that different in maturity level than the two Marvel Studios films released that summer. But while Thor and Cap merchandise was, for the first time, prominently displayed in stores, I couldn't find an XM:FC t-shirt.

As I stated, the proof will come next summer. If merchandise is not sparse or nonexistent for a film FOX is positioning as an Avengers style blockbuster, I will admit my error.

Last edited by Zarex; 07-28-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #696
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:

Here's the lanyard:

Badass! Congrats, I'm well jealous

Old 07-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #697
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I have large collection of X-Men comics but I quit buying new ones In 2005/2006.The Jose
Quesda regime just got too much for me.The whole white Phoenix some go on and on about I know nothing about.That must have came after i quit buying marvel comics or from new X-Men after I quit buying them.
yeah...Not a fan of the current state of marvel creative decisions. Still bummed that i can't read Wolverine comics now because i just don't enjoy the character anymore because some of the creative decision made for that character.,

I just don't feel like reading: 'The further adventures of headmaster Logan'...if you know what i mean

Old 07-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #698
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
yeah...Not a fan of the current state of marvel creative decisions. Still bummed that i can't read Wolverine comics now because i just don't enjoy the character anymore because some of the creative decision made for that character.,

I just don't feel like reading: 'The further adventures of headmaster Logan'...if you know what i mean
Remender, Bendis, Brian Wood and Jason Aaron are all fantastic writers imo. This is the best X-men has been in awhile. I recommend checking out alot of the curren runs. Something in there for everyone.

Uncanny X-Men (Cyclops team), All New X-Men (Original 5 focused), X-Men (all female X-Men), Wolverine and The X-Men(Wolverine lead) and Remenders Uncanny X-Force (best X book you will read) are all solid.

Last edited by def28; 07-28-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #699
Old Wolverine
Banned User

Quote:

Here's the lanyard:

It is interesting that the claws on the Wolverine hand fan waiver uses the comic book claw version were it comes out of the top of the hand versus between the nuckles... just saying, lol Very cool stuff though!

Old 07-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #700
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

I love jason Aaron run..well, up until Wolvie goes to hell arc, after that, it got really weird with dragons and what have you, that's when i say eff it and quit...after collecting faithfully ever since his very first mini. Or maybe i was just still pissed off because the whole headmaster thing and that was the last drop.

i'm reading SOME of the new Marvel stuff on and off...i'm meaning to get that all female x-team book...i hope it's good. Read the Bendis new X men stuff...and it was surprisingly good ..and i quit reading X-force after the first team incarnation ( with X-23, Warpath etc) What's Brian wood's book? i liked his Northlanders series...

I think the last 'big storyline/crossovers' from Marvel that i enjoyed was the Hope Saga...the second coming crossover was one of the best x-men story IMO

Closed Thread