The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 02:38 AM   #851
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 5

I think hes happy to keep doing the character but he only wants to as long as fans want him to, pretty much as he says. I think after Origins he is probably worried about being obliged to do a movie because of a contract rather than for the love of it, which is the way it should be really.

What happens if after 2 films we have another Origins on our hands and nobody wants him again or the character, he's not going to have the motivation to do another 2 films and they will end up being just as bad as it was done for a contract.

I think its pretty sensible to take each movie as it comes, its not like LoTR where there is a three part story already in place that you know how its going to pan out and you can commit to it.

He seems pleased with the way TW turned out, which he should be, so then he will probably see how DoFP does and gets received and take a view on what to do next then.

Hey if changes his mind and decides to sign some sort of deal then I would understand that too at the end of the day its his job and he has to decide whats best for him.

Old 08-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #852
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

And he can always back out even if he already signed the four-film contract. I don't really see the issue if he signs the contract. Though if FOX gave him the 100 million right after he signed the contract and he backed out doing the 3rd or 4th film, that could be a problem. But I don't think that will be the case.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 08-17-2013, 02:49 AM   #853
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Yeah thats the thing with contracts, takes two seconds to sign can take a lifetime to get out of.

I dont see a problem with him doing 4 more but there is no need to commit to it here and now. He will still make a shed of cash and it will keep up the incentive to make the films of the best quality which is the main thing.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:42 AM   #854
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Jackman already denied that he was offered 100 million for 4 more movies saying he wouldn't or doesn't do that

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/1...eal-exclusive/

Old 08-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #855
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And he can always back out even if he already signed the four-film contract. I don't really see the issue if he signs the contract. Though if FOX gave him the 100 million right after he signed the contract and he backed out doing the 3rd or 4th film, that could be a problem. But I don't think that will be the case.
I don't think you know how contracts work.

And as it's been repeatedly stated now, this wasn't even true in the first place.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #856
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I'm not saying and thinking that Wolverine should be the main focus of his career/the rest of his career.

But with signing a 4-film contract, he's probably guaranteed to appear in more films. And since he already appeared in 7 X-Men films, this shouldn't be new or a question to him. A lot of established actors out there would love to be a part of a successful franchise.
Again, you're missing the point completely. It's already been established that it wasn't true, and Hugh said in an interview that it's not a deal he would feel right about because it basically says he's only doing it because they're throwing a ton of money at him to do it. He said he wants to do them for a better reason than that.

Obviously, he gets paid very well for these films, which will continue to happen if should do more of them. But he's a busy actor with lots of other projects he'd like to do (he's got a film and Broadway show possibly happening next year), and he's got a family he may like to see once in awhile. He's said in a few interviews that he's just done Les Mis, The Wolverine, Prisoners, and DOFP straight through without much of a break, and he's looking forward to taking a little time off to home with the family for a while. That's something to consider too, when it comes to these kinds of contracts.

Hugh's already been the star of a huge franchise for a long time, and he clearly loves the role and doing the films, plus he seems to open to doing more of them. But it won't happen because he signs some crazy contract.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #857
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
And as it's been repeatedly stated now, this wasn't even true in the first place.
Well just saying, if its true, then he should sign it. It would help FOX to save budget because he might ask for more in the future, if his latest contract is only for 1 to 2 films. 25 million per film is a pretty good deal and he seems to enjoy playing Wolverine. So I don't see any problem with that.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-17-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #858
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well just saying, if its true, then he should sign it. It would help FOX to save budget because he might ask for more in the future, if his latest contract is only for 1 to 2 films. 25 million per film is a pretty good deal and he seems to enjoy playing Wolverine. So I don't see any problem with that.
I get what you're getting at...but consider this: there's a real possibillity that IF Hugh were to sign such a contract,it would mean that it will most likely block his opportunities to play other roles. Remember, Wolverine is such a physically demanding role for the guy.

...And i don't think Jackman would enjoy spending the next ten years on a steady diet of steamed chicken and vegetables

Old 08-17-2013, 10:00 PM   #859
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
You're ignoring the point that Hugh might have other considerations like wanting to spend more time with his family and whether a Wolverine/X-men movie is right for him.

I know it's hard for some fanboys, but some people really need to look past their own want for having someone back arbitrarily because they like them. That doesn't guarantee that it would be a good move for both us and them. There are many things to consider.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #860
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

And speaking as someone who's seen Hugh on Broadway 9 times (and I know narrows101 can back me up on this one as well), I enjoy seeing him on stage as much as I enjoy seeing him as Wolverine. I don't want to see him kept from going back on stage or doing other roles because he's locked into playing Wolverine all the time.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #861
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Even if such a contract exist for Jackman....4 movies means dedicating his life for one character for the next, i guess ten years?

Ten years of strict diet, twice a day to the gym hehe.I know that there's alot of normal people that does that without the promise of a 100 million dollars hanging above their head, but still...

Old 08-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #862
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
...And i don't think Jackman would enjoy spending the next ten years on a steady diet of steamed chicken and vegetables
Actually in the next few/several years, I don't think he should do the diet that he did for The Wolverine/DOFP again. Maybe a little less extreme than that wouldn't be a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
You're ignoring the point that Hugh might have other considerations like wanting to spend more time with his family and whether a Wolverine/X-men movie is right for him.

I know it's hard for some fanboys, but some people really need to look past their own want for having someone back arbitrarily because they like them. That doesn't guarantee that it would be a good move for both us and them. There are many things to consider.
I was considering the fact that FOX will still let Hugh do this own thing like family/vacation/other work and those 4 films won't be shot in just 4 consecutive years.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-17-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #863
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Moving along...

Remember I mentioned that I was scrapbooking that Wolverine Fan Event Screening? Here's how it's looking so far:

Old 08-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #864
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

A few more. That's the line outside the theater (we were posting here from that line!), me with our tickets, and the wristbands we got at the theater:

That's the card they gave me with the question (which is a little warped because it was in my pocket and I spilled a soda on it, oops), and me asking the question to Hugh!

I put the 'keep calm' image there because I was trying to just get through asking that question without giggling or puking on the stage.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #865
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

cool looking scrapbook

Old 08-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #866
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Nice pics!

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Old 08-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #867
Robin91939
Master Tim

I know it's out there. Does anyone have or know where to find the original script by Christopher McQuarrie? I want to see how different the final product was. Has to be very different for him to have been left out of the credits.

-R

Old 08-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #868
Superhero 101
DESI

So I saw the film again yesterday and I couldn't understand what Yukio said to Logan in the scene where they were going to japan in the plane when he asked her if he was going to die on the plane because of the turbulence What is does she say back to Logan? Does she say not on this plane or something else?

Old 08-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #869
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

She said, "No, not on this plane."

Old 08-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #870
Superhero 101
DESI

Oh thanks

Old 08-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #871
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
A few more. That's the line outside the theater (we were posting here from that line!), me with our tickets, and the wristbands we got at the theater:

That's the card they gave me with the question (which is a little warped because it was in my pocket and I spilled a soda on it, oops), and me asking the question to Hugh!

I put the 'keep calm' image there because I was trying to just get through asking that question without giggling or puking on the stage.
Quote:
Moving along...

Remember I mentioned that I was scrapbooking that Wolverine Fan Event Screening? Here's how it's looking so far:

That is awesome Jen.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 08-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #872
narrows101
Side-Kick

Twitter indicates Hugh will be at the Japan premiere on August 28.

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. Youíre not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 08-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #873
JP
Smelly

Japan? Finally!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #874
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

The movie opened here around the same time as the Nagasaki anniversary...so probably a wise move to give it a few weeks.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #875
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
That is awesome Jen.
Thank you! I'm working on a few new pages now. That background with all of the comic book covers is from that Wolverine ultimate guide book that came out a few years ago. I scanned it and made background paper out of it.