The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 07-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #276
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
That's an interesting/weird perspective, someone who didn't like any of the previous movies (what!) and liked this one.
Well I wasn't a big fan of everything that came before but I loved this one

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #277
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

Also, hi again

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 07-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #278
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Welcome back!

Old 07-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #279
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Thanks GREAT reception from the Hall H audience when they showed an extended Wolvie montage. the included all the right scenes.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #280
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

For those concerned about RT scores, here are some of my favourite films and their score's they have, you may agree, you may disagree but dont put all your faith in what a "critic" says about something, you just have to hope a film works for you. Someone elses opinion is not fact:

Blade 55%
Equilibrium 37%
Top Gun 55%
The Last Samurai 65%

Hell Blade Runner was universally panned by critics when it was first released and thats probably the greatest ever sci-fi film in my eyes above Star Wars even.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #281
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Thanks GREAT reception from the Hall H audience when they showed an extended Wolvie montage. the included all the right scenes.
Oooooo what else can you tell us! lol

TWayneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #282
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Not much to tell I didn't already put in my review. What do you want to know?

Old 07-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #283
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Not much to tell I didn't already put in my review. What do you want to know?
I kept up with you through Twitter...seemed you didn't really care for WB Superman/Batman annoucement .

Can't say I blame you. But what did you think of the Days of Future Past panel?

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #284
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

DOFP was fantastic. The reception was great, but not as big as I expected it to be. After the footage, though, people got REALLY amped.

The MOS2 announcement was just... lazy. A two hour panel of stuff no one really cares about ending with a one minute Superman/Batman logo. Cavill didn't even show up on stage but he was freaking THERE at the Con. People went nuts of course but the buzz died down by the time the afternoon rolled around.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #285
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Why was Cavill even there, if they didn't make him part of the announcement?

Old 07-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #286
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

No freaking idea. He was at the Superman 75th Anniversary panel and then did the party circuit but no MOS2 announcement. So confused

Old 07-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #287
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Can you tell us about what was on the footage that hasn't been mentioned by any of the sites? There was one mention of Rogue in a green and white costume. Another mention of Wolfsbane.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #288
JangoNate
Side-Kick

I won't be able to see The Wolverine until next week, but I'll go regardless of the reviews. Haven't been agreeing much with the critics this summer, MOS being a prime example.

I'll say it again, too, the conversation about the RT score on this board is almost verbatim what it was on MOS in June. We heard the Captain America argument and we heard the detailed explanations of trends predicting the final score. But what does it matter, eh Bub? All that matters is that I think it's great and you think it's great.

JangoNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #289
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JangoNate View Post
I won't be able to see The Wolverine until next week, but I'll go regardless of the reviews. Haven't been agreeing much with the critics this summer, MOS being a prime example.

I'll say it again, too, the conversation about the RT score on this board is almost verbatim what it was on MOS in June. We heard the Captain America argument and we heard the detailed explanations of trends predicting the final score. But what does it matter, eh Bub? All that matters is that I think it's great and you think it's great.
Yeah but still having a good RT score is a big deal and it still reflects on the quality of the film. People don't just visit and check Rotten Tomatoes daily for nothing.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #290
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yeah but still having a good RT score is a big deal and it still reflects on the quality of the film. People don't just visit and check Rotten Tomatoes daily for nothing.
That's true, good word of mouth can be really important...A lot of people will hop on the site and then see what it got and actually let that decide whether they wanna see...As a huge Wolverine fan Im seeing it regardless though.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #291
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

shouldn't there be more than 21 reviews up on RT, or am i being impatient?

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #292
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I definitely think starting this Friday, it will have at least 100 reviews.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:46 AM   #293
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
People don't just visit and check Rotten Tomatoes daily for nothing.
Yeah, definitely. If I'm really set on seeing a movie I'll generally see it regardless of the reviews. When it comes to movies that don't spark automatic interest or don't quite sell themselves to me with the trailers etc., I'll definitely pay attention to the reviews. After all movie tickets cost a lot these days and it's not like the cinema is a one-and-only opportunity to see a film. There's always free TV and in-flight movies

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:38 AM   #294
Fishercat
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Yeah, definitely. If I'm really set on seeing a movie I'll generally see it regardless of the reviews. When it comes to movies that don't spark automatic interest or don't quite sell themselves to me with the trailers etc., I'll definitely pay attention to the reviews. After all movie tickets cost a lot these days and it's not like the cinema is a one-and-only opportunity to see a film. There's always free TV and in-flight movies
This is actually the first time I've ever "cared" as a fan what RT rating a film got. Up until now, I've always been just a user of RT, and it definitely does impact my decision-making, exactly for this reason. If I'm taking my whole family to the movies, I don't want to sit through a POS.

Of course I'm seeing this one, regardless. I know it's weird to even care about what the critics say in that case! But I guess it's human nature to want reinforcement of your own opinions and hope that others will be encouraged to watch it and appreciate the same things I like.

Fishercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #295
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

3.5 and 3 stars from this australian review program called 'At the movies'

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #296
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishercat View Post
This is actually the first time I've ever "cared" as a fan what RT rating a film got. Up until now, I've always been just a user of RT, and it definitely does impact my decision-making, exactly for this reason. If I'm taking my whole family to the movies, I don't want to sit through a POS.

Of course I'm seeing this one, regardless. I know it's weird to even care about what the critics say in that case! But I guess it's human nature to want reinforcement of your own opinions and hope that others will be encouraged to watch it and appreciate the same things I like.
I can understand that. Went through that as a fan of Superman and MOS. The negative reviews impacted my first viewing. I kept watching and waiting for the cringe moments...but they never came for me and I enjoyed the heck out of it.

You want others to love what you love. I get that, but word of mouth is more than critic reviews. If you love it, proclaim it.

JangoNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #297
Fishercat
Newbie First Class

Variety liked it:
http://variety.com/2013/film/reviews...ne-1200566296/

Fishercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #298
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishercat View Post
I think thats the best written review I have read so far, even owning up to not being a huge comic book fan, bravo.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #299
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

I didn't want to know that the
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bear dies
but I skimmed that review lol

J_Howlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #300
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

I don't know much more of anything compared to where I was when I quit watching the featurettes after the Yukio one.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote