The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 07-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #326
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

I havent seen it yet but if the reviews are true and Mangold went with the more character driven route then yes absolutely! More character dramas in X-Men movies please!

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #327
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

You know what, I think if James Mangold delivered a solid film for his 1st comic-book/superhero movie, I think he will improve so much in his 2nd superhero/comic-book movie. If FOX is really moving forward with the X-Force movie, he would be my choice to direct the movie.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #328
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
You know what, I think if James Mangold delivered a solid film for his 1st comic-book/superhero movie, I think it will improve so much in his 2nd superhero/comic-book movie. If FOX is really moving forward to X-Force, he would be my choice to direct the movie.
Considering how raw and gritty X-Force is, absolutely! He would be able to deliver the goods!

icekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #329
speno94
Side-Kick

One answer I REALLY want to know is: Is there at LEAST ONE scene or many scenes that Wolverine goes PROPER BERSERKER RAGE in this film like the mansion fight in X2. Please explain, I'd love to know

speno94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #330
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Yes. Almost every fight is like that. He starts out on the defense but as the fights go on and he gets injured he loses his s**t.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #331
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by speno94 View Post
One answer I REALLY want to know is: Is there at LEAST ONE scene or many scenes that Wolverine goes PROPER BERSERKER RAGE in this film like the mansion fight in X2. Please explain, I'd love to know
Yes, in a 1 on 1 fight so it's not really like X2.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:17 AM   #332
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Can someone answer this? I already posted this on Silver Samurai's thread but I didn't get an answer

If there's someone controlling Silver Samurai from the inside or not?

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 07-24-2013, 12:18 AM   #333
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Waaaatch the moooooooovie

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 07-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #334
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Can someone answer this? I already posted this on Silver Samurai's thread but I didn't get an answer

Thats definitly something you need to find out for yourself...

TWayneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #335
speno94
Side-Kick

That sounds great! Also, how many japanese subtitles are in the film because I seem to be hearing different things in reviews and interviews, some people say half of the film is in subtitles, some people say quarter, which one is true?

Old 07-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #336
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:

Someone is controlling Silver Samurai from the inside. As to who, look to my review on the last page. It's a big twist in the film.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #337
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Waaaatch the moooooooovie
I will tomorrow, but only if I have the time .

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 07-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #338
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by speno94 View Post
That sounds great! Also, how many japanese subtitles are in the film because I seem to be hearing different things in reviews and interviews, some people say half of the film is in subtitles, some people say quarter, which one is true?
About a quarter of it, only what the audience really needs to know. I speak pretty decent Japanese and the rest is just basic conversational stuff. There's a funny thing once or twice that the rest of the audience doesn't get in on, but that's it.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #339
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

When Japanese people speak to each other it's 70% in Japanese, 30% English. It works well. You don't want to be reading subtitles ALL the time.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:23 AM   #340
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
I will tomorrow, but only if I have the time .
Tomorrow? That's nothing. Stop trying to be spoiled. this is the type of movie that you hinder yourself asking for precise details.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #341
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
When Japanese people speak to each other it's 70% in Japanese, 30% English. It works well. You don't want to be reading subtitles ALL the time.
And i feel like when the japanese actors speak english to one another, its to potentially cover up there "devious" talkings from other non english speaking japanese people. Thats the way it kind of played off to me. I didn't mind it in the least.

There was a lot more japanese than I expected certainly. It felt very authentic!

Old 07-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #342
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
Someone is controlling Silver Samurai from the inside. As to who, look to my review on the last page. It's a big twist in the film.
Thanks!

I read some of the spoilers but not all of them! The post-credits scene sounds amazing!

Quote:
Tomorrow? That's nothing. Stop trying to be spoiled. this is the type of movie that you hinder yourself asking for precise details.
I just wanted to know if SS is just a robot or not so I won't be disappointed. But now that I have read that 1 bit of information. I feel relieved now

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 07-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #343
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
And i feel like when the japanese actors speak english to one another, its to potentially cover up there "devious" talkings from other non english speaking japanese people. Thats the way it kind of played off to me. I didn't mind it in the least.

There was a lot more japanese than I expected certainly. It felt very authentic!
Bingo. That happens a lot too. It's to keep the "goons" from being in on the convos.

Plus, people in Japan speak English to each other too, especially those in the business world. I was very surprised to see that

Old 07-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #344
icekid
Side-Kick

I'm thankful for the marketing of this film because it's so misdirected that when I went, in, all my expectations were shattered and I was surprised again and again. Very much looking forward to seeing it again at 10pm Thursday!

Old 07-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #345
speno94
Side-Kick

Not the silver samurai robot, but what was that Silver Samurai traditional costume/armour briefly in the featurette and in the trailer when he strikes his sword on wolverine's claws if you know what I mean? Does someone actually wear or is it just there for sentimental reasons?

Old 07-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #346
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bingo. That happens a lot too. It's to keep the "goons" from being in on the convos.

Plus, people in Japan speak English to each other too, especially those in the business world. I was very surprised to see that
In Japan since the late 1980's, all schools teach English with that very reason in mind, the business world.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #347
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I'm thankful for the marketing of this film because it's so misdirected that when I went, in, all my expectations were shattered and I was surprised again and again. Very much looking forward to seeing it again at 10pm Thursday!
Me too! And we have new shirts for Thursday! I'm so wearing that on Thursday night...

Old 07-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #348
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
In Japan since the late 1980's, all schools teach English with that very reason in mind, the business world.
Yessir. And it works well in the movie. Anyone who grew up in a bi-lingual household knows you sometimes switch back and forth during heated conversations. Loved seeing that in this movie

Old 07-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #349
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Me too! And we have new shirts for Thursday! I'm so wearing that on Thursday night...
Hell yea! i totoally forgot, Im going to wear my lanyard to. Im totally showing that off lol. I never get to show off! lol.

Cant. Wait. to. See. it. in. 2D!!!!

3d is alway so useless lol.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #350
danoyse
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
Hell yea! i totoally forgot, Im going to wear my lanyard to. Im totally showing that off lol. I never get to show off! lol.

Cant. Wait. to. See. it. in. 2D!!!!

3d is alway so useless lol.
And since the lanyard says "I saw it first, bub!", I'm just going to wave that around at everyone...

I'm tempted to bring my foam claws too, just to see how fast my sister slugs me for bringing them.

We're actually going to the 3D show. I got home tonight and realized I still had the ones from tonight on my head.