The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 07-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #351
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

You won't be disappointed. Finally saw it in 2D today. The long takes showing the Japanese landscape look glorious as do the violent fight scenes. The only part of the 3D screening I liked was the mid-credits scene. You could tell they shot that in 3D.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps

2014 Reviews: JACK RYAN: SHADOW RECRUIT [★☆☆] / THE LEGO MOVIE [★★★★] / ROBOCOP [★★☆☆]
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #352
icekid
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Me too! And we have new shirts for Thursday! I'm so wearing that on Thursday night...
ha, I came home and immediately put my shift in my work backpack because im heading to the movie right from there!

icekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #353
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

That mid-credits scene was perfection...

Old 07-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #354
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
That mid-credits scene was perfection...
SO GOOD! Definitely shot in 3D! Right from the beginning I was screaming in my head!

Old 07-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #355
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
You won't be disappointed. Finally saw it in 2D today. The long takes showing the Japanese landscape look glorious as do the violent fight scenes. The only part of the 3D screening I liked was the mid-credits scene. You could tell they shot that in 3D.
Yeeeessssss.... to all of that.

TWayneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #356
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
SO GOOD! Definitely shot in 3D! Right from the beginning I was screaming in my head!
Wow I had no idea that post-credit scene was also shot in 3D just like the whole content of DOFP!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:51 AM   #357
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Wow I had no idea that post-credit scene was also shot in 3D just like the whole content of DOFP!
When you see it, there are instances when you can definitely tell it was.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #358
ikt36
Side-Kick

how long is the post-credit scene guys?

ikt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #359
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikt36 View Post
how long is the post-credit scene guys?
About 2 minutes or so.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #360
JP
Flame On

71%

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:50 AM   #361
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
71%
I have faith critics will enjoy this. at the end of the run I still feel like it will realistically turn out to be a 68%. after actually seeing it, i have a little more faith that it will be higher! Low 70s might be good finishing score.

To me it deserves to be in the higher 80's. We shall see!

Old 07-24-2013, 02:09 AM   #362
Loki882
Side-Kick

For the people who have seen it. Where would you rank this film compared to the other X-films (X2 and XMFC are my favorites)?

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:16 AM   #363
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Well, I got to meet Hugh before the movie, so obviously this is the best X-Men movie ever.

Seriously, I have to see this again before I can realistically rank these again. Let's just say it blows away Origins, and its definitely better than X3.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:18 AM   #364
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, I got to meet Hugh before the movie, so obviously this is the best X-Men movie ever.

Seriously, I have to see this again before I can realistically rank these again. Let's just say it blows away Origins, and its definitely better than X3.
It blows Origins SO far away I honestly can't believe they dealt with the same character. I can't even think about Origins right now.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:18 AM   #365
Loki882
Side-Kick

Dog vomit would be better than X3/Origins, but you've made me really excited.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:20 AM   #366
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Dog vomit would be better than X3/Origins, but you've made me really excited.
Well its most certainly a night/day difference in quality and craftsmanship I can guarantee you that one if nothing else. Holy crap.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:21 AM   #367
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
It blows Origins SO far away I honestly can't believe they dealt with the same character. I can't even think about Origins right now.
I actually watched Origins this morning. I started watching all of the movies again this weekend, and it was just the only one I hadn't re-watched yet.

By tonight, I had forgotten I watched it.

The end credits scene was better than all of X3.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:23 AM   #368
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Well its most certainly a night/day difference in quality and craftsmanship I can guarantee you that one if nothing else. Holy crap.
No cartoon claws!!! Major plus right there. And no screaming to the heavens either.

In this movie, Logan swears like a sailor and beats the crap out of people throughout the entire thing. That never happened in Origins. Ever.

And omg, that scene with him and Mariko in the "love hotel" was freaking hilarious.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #369
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
No cartoon claws!!! Major plus right there. And no screaming to the heavens either.

In this movie, Logan swears like a sailor and beats the crap out of people throughout the entire thing. That never happened in Origins. Ever.

And omg, that scene with him and Mariko in the "love hotel" was freaking hilarious.
Yes! Thats another note i must add. The humor is spot on. Right where you need it and perfectly delivered. In Iron Man 3 the humor was forced upon you, in your face left and right. It was unbelievable. The lighter parts of The Wolverine were just perfectly spot on, again right where they were needed.

The bathing scene really stood out to me, that was just pure genius!

Old 07-24-2013, 02:27 AM   #370
Loki882
Side-Kick

Ah yes, love motels, the Japanese really do thing of everything cool, that's just genius.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #371
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Yes! Thats another note i must add. The humor is spot on. Right where you need it and perfectly delivered. In Iron Man 3 the humor was forced upon you, in your face left and right. It was unbelievable. The lighter parts of The Wolverine were just perfectly spot on, again right where they were needed.

The bathing scene really stood out to me, that was just pure genius!
That part was hysterical. "Well, I feel violated!"

I liked just before that when they had the metal detector wands that were all going off like crazy around him, and then the scene later where he's trying to thank the vet for saving him and the guy won't come near him.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:08 AM   #372
ikt36
Side-Kick

u guys had me at better than x3 and origins.

what was the score like btw?

ikt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:54 AM   #373
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
You know what, I think if James Mangold delivered a solid film for his 1st comic-book/superhero movie, I think he will improve so much in his 2nd superhero/comic-book movie. If FOX is really moving forward with the X-Force movie, he would be my choice to direct the movie.
I would say he is a good choice - but parts of the movie (like too much Viper, and the CGI grizzly bear) didn't feel like the director's choice at all, it felt like the studio wanting that. Those parts seemed out of place with the rest of the film. So I hope that he is left alone to make the movie he wants!

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #374
zipzip
Side-Kick

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-wolverine,100654/ (positive review)

zipzip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #375
ironman_rick
Side-Kick

Just caught it.............

The best x-men movie ever......

1)The wolverine
2)First Class
3)X-men 2
4)X-men
5)Wolverine orgins
6)X-men 3