The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 07-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #376
the gael
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

Just saw it. I feared for the Movie after the first one and X3, and it was surprinsingly not bad at all. It wasn't the best superhero movie ever, but it was good.

That being said, it wasn't perfect, but you had a story and a real journey for the characters. And you had characters developpment. It's what we could fear the most that were the best scenes in the movie : the intimate scenes.
The actresses who played Mariko and Yukio were great, and there characters were strong and developped.

The scenes were Wolverine
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
(who has now lost his healing factor) is lost in a country he doesn't understand are great

On the other hand, I found the first fights not very clear. The first one has an excuse,
Wolverine just discovered that he has lost his healing factor
, but the second one, the
train fight
was to CGI for my taste.
Viper was butchered. She was the only one one-dimensional character, totally over the top (remind me of the lame viper from the atrocious Hasselhoff Nick Fury movie) Yes, she is really bad, with the cliche
"I'm hot and I want to have sex with you so I can inject you my toxine that will kill you because I'm evil"

Very sad, when you compared the character treatment to the others. Good old Fox treatment...

the gael is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #377
Killgrave
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

Don't forget to post your reviews here...

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=461895

Killgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #378
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gael View Post
Just saw it. I feared for the Movie after the first one and X3, and it was surprinsingly not bad at all. It wasn't the best superhero movie ever, but it was good.

That being said, it wasn't perfect, but you had a story and a real journey for the characters. And you had characters developpment. It's what we could fear the most that were the best scenes in the movie : the intimate scenes.
The actresses who played Mariko and Yukio were great, and there characters were strong and developped.

The scenes were Wolverine
(who has now lost his healing factor) is lost in a country he doesn't understand are great

On the other hand, I found the first fights not very clear. The first one has an excuse,
Wolverine just discovered that he has lost his healing factor
, but the second one, the
train fight
was to CGI for my taste.
Viper was butchered. She was the only one one-dimensional character, totally over the top (remind me of the lame viper from the atrocious Hasselhoff Nick Fury movie) Yes, she is really bad, with the cliche
"I'm hot and I want to have sex with you so I can inject you my toxine that will kill you because I'm evil"

Very sad, when you compared the character treatment to the others. Good old Fox treatment...

Right, this is an example of what I meant earlier when I said some people hate the Viper.

Again, she's not that bad.

TWayneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #379
Crosswind Ghost
Side-Kick

74% let's hope it lasts!

Crosswind Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #380
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosswind Ghost View Post
74% let's hope it lasts!
It's rising quite a bit

J_Howlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #381
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Thought it was great until the final act. I mean, the film had Wolverine, Japan, Mariko, Yakuza, Ninja, Wolvies self doubt and struggle to find inner peace.... THAT is all you need for a great Wolverine movie. Things you don't need?
A giant robot? A lizardy Poison Ivy knock off? And I don't get the point of him losing his adamantium claws... It felt arbitrary and not symbolic of anything.

Otherwise fun enough. The end credit scene has me more worried than excited. I'm finding the whole timeline and canon of this series to be more and more convoluted with each film. I REALLY wish First Class had been a reboot.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #382
kasjan
Side-Kick

I'm glad FC isn't reboot, and DOFP will explain everything.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #383
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Getting ones hopes up over a FOX X-Men movie is just asking for trouble...

Old 07-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #384
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Oh great more of the i wish It was reboot talk

Old 07-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #385
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Actually after First Class and now Wolverine fans can finally get their hopes up again. Fox has found out how to do these films right: make them for adult audiences.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #386
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

I'm just worried DoFP will be a retcon-palooza.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #387
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzip View Post
This quote right here "Remember in X2 when Wolvie went berserk on an invading task force? The Wolverine takes that moment and stretches it out across a two-hour timeframe, adding an Eastern flavor and a more formidable army of expendable foes." Is just making me so giddy lol I cant take it anymore!!!

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #388
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosswind Ghost View Post
74% let's hope it lasts!
The fire rises!!

Picked up my tickets now, less than 24 hours away, my body is ready. Must control the fanboy within though.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #389
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Actually after First Class and now Wolverine fans can finally get their hopes up again. Fox has found out how to do these films right: make them for adult audiences.
This

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #390
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Exactly. It just feels like this whole series is back.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #391
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
I'm just worried DoFP will be a retcon-palooza.
Lets hope so!! I wish i could spoil it but

The credits scene already fixes 2 things that sucked in X3 lol. I had a tear in my eye out of happiness lol.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #392
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
Lets hope so!! I wish i could spoil it but

The credits scene already fixes 2 things that sucked in X3 lol. I had a tear in my eye out of happiness lol.
Did you get the impression that those cheers from the audience were more of "Oh, thank GOD!!" variety at seeing some of that stuff again? I know that's what I was feeling...

Old 07-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #393
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Is Xavier in the after credit scene? I'm not sure I end up seeing this in theatres so don't care for spoilers.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #394
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Is Xavier in the after credit scene? I'm not sure I end up seeing this in theatres so don't care for spoilers.
See it and find out!!

Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #395
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Did you get the impression that those cheers from the audience were more of "Oh, thank GOD!!" variety at seeing some of that stuff again? I know that's what I was feeling...
Oh absolutely. I sure was. the scene itself was mind bogglingly coooool, but seeing it play out was... Im getting chills now thinking about it lol.

Talk about being in prime form. I was honestly laughing a bit too just out of PURE joy. When happiness takes you over like that, theres so many emotions lol.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #396
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Never mind, read the description online... meh, nothing I wasn't expecting. Neat though.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #397
Snikt
Side-Kick

Up to 75% Fresh

Snikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #398
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Up to 75% Fresh
Keep climbing!!

Old 07-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #399
zipzip
Side-Kick

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmen...medium=twitter (positive review)

zipzip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #400
Fishercat
Newbie First Class

Wow, I love that it's ratcheting up now (76%!) as some of the more mainstream (non-UK, LOL) review sites start to chime in in. Hoping the trend continues. And the wait to see it is killing me.

Fishercat is offline   Reply With Quote