The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #51
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 7

I'm not a big fan of the OT helmet, it looked small and dare I say it looked like magneto could break it very easy and given it has to the power to block out xavier I'd expect more from its look

I like the FC one though

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-20-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #52
Booznian
The Return

I like the horns on the FC helmet.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #53
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

X2 is on tv right now, I forgot how good it was.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #54
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
It looks kinda cartoonish but it looks good!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #55
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

I don't mind the look of this helmet as long as they get the actual costume right, and most importantly don't make it look like Fassbender is wearing something that's two sizes too large.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #56
Roguefan
Side-Kick

What exactly does "Days of Future Past" mean? I don't understand the way "future" and "past" are used together. Does it mean the dystopian future is a future that has passed because the timeline was changed or does it mean something else? I find it quite a confusing title and I don't think it was explained in the comic, the 90's cartoon or the film (probably won't be...). Does anyone know? I mean, I'm sure the general audiences won't figure it out easily.

Last edited by Roguefan; 07-21-2013 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #57
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

So other than the dofp cast appearing.... Any footage shown? Descriptions? Anything? I can't find anything on the panel

Old 07-21-2013, 12:08 AM   #58
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
So other than the dofp cast appearing.... Any footage shown? Descriptions? Anything? I can't find anything on the panel
Yeah they showed footage of the movie. There should be a description a few pages back on the comic con thread.

Edit: Here is is

http://io9.com/first-x-men-days-of-f...oseb-853412270

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Seriously, I hope this footage shows up online soon, because my description is not going to do it justice. There was a lot going on here. We saw it twice, so I'm adding more details from the second watching.

We see a closeup of Patrick Stewart's eye, and someone (Stewart) asks, "What's the last thing you remember?" Professor X (Stewart) responds, "I had a glimpse into the past."Then Professor X tells Wolverine, "You're going to have to do for me what I once did for you." We slowly zoom out from Professor X's aged face, and then we see him with a Cerebro helmet on, and later coming out of the Cerebro chamber.

And this is a dark dystopian future, where the dark, fetishy costumes are looking more dirty and distress and messed up, and Professor X and Ian McKellen's Magneto seem weary and filled with dread. They're in a war chamber in front of a table that shows how badly things are going. Wolverine even has a bit of gray in his facial hair.

We see flashes of all our favorite mutants, including Storm against a stormy sky, Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde, and some others. And there are futuristic-looking mutants, including Omar Sy as Bishop, and some others I couldn't identify wearing dramatic Mad Max-y makeup.

We learn that Professor X and Magneto have come together "side by side, to end this war before it ever begins."

Wolverine asks, "So I wake up in my younger body, and then what?" Professor X responds, "Find me, convince me of all this." And Magneto chimes in that Wolverine will find younger Magneto a different person, "a darker person." We catch glimpses of 1970s versions of Magneto and Professor X — with a lot more hair and a lot more fire to them. Young Professor X has a crazy beard and a 1970s groovy outfit with an X-shaped light on his face, while Young Magneto (Michael Fassbender) is waving a gun.

We see Young Professor X blowing dust off a white globe.

Back then, Professor X says, "I was a very different man. Lead me, guide me, be patient with me." We see Young Professor X putting his hands on someone's face as he tries to understand. Maybe Wolverine's face?

Older Wolverine responds, "Patience isn't my strong suit."

And then blue glowing hands are gripping Wolverine's head, sending him back in time into the body of his younger self.

We catch glimpses of other stuff — Young Magneto using his powers to pull a distressed Mystique along the floor. Young Magneto descending from the air looking scary. There is a mysterious opening under the Oval Office, revealed by the oval opening up like a trapdoor. And protests in the street, and Bolivar Trask (Peter Dinklage) addressing a government hearing. And Richard Nixon looking weird and terrifying — and then Mystique walking down the street changing into a man in a pimp suit.

There is a LOT of stuff blowing up, and Young Professor X using Magneto, and the Beast attacking, a woman walking away from an airplane, and a military setting. We glimpse Professor X shielding his face from an intense white light, and the Cerebro machine exploding.

Young Professor X says, "I don't want your suffering. I don't want your future."

And then Old Professor X is face to face with his younger self. He says: "Please. We need you to hope again." It's an actual spine-tingling moment. Actual goosebumps here.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #59
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #60
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
We have a whole thread on it:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=461791

Old 07-21-2013, 12:16 AM   #61
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

EW Interview with Singer, McAvoy, Stewart, Fassbender and McKellen

H.E.(R?)
Old 07-21-2013, 12:34 AM   #62
Roguefan
Side-Kick

McKellen: "I do a lot of movies with a lot of special effects and wonderful film magic and technology I don't understand but one thing it can do, of course, is make actors of my age look a lot younger [to Fassbender] and frankly what the hell are you doing in these movies? I mean I could play myself..."

Old 07-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #63
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
Yeah they showed footage of the movie. There should be a description a few pages back on the comic con thread.

Edit: Here is is

http://io9.com/first-x-men-days-of-f...oseb-853412270

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Seriously, I hope this footage shows up online soon, because my description is not going to do it justice. There was a lot going on here. We saw it twice, so I'm adding more details from the second watching.

We see a closeup of Patrick Stewart's eye, and someone (Stewart) asks, "What's the last thing you remember?" Professor X (Stewart) responds, "I had a glimpse into the past."Then Professor X tells Wolverine, "You're going to have to do for me what I once did for you." We slowly zoom out from Professor X's aged face, and then we see him with a Cerebro helmet on, and later coming out of the Cerebro chamber.

And this is a dark dystopian future, where the dark, fetishy costumes are looking more dirty and distress and messed up, and Professor X and Ian McKellen's Magneto seem weary and filled with dread. They're in a war chamber in front of a table that shows how badly things are going. Wolverine even has a bit of gray in his facial hair.

We see flashes of all our favorite mutants, including Storm against a stormy sky, Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde, and some others. And there are futuristic-looking mutants, including Omar Sy as Bishop, and some others I couldn't identify wearing dramatic Mad Max-y makeup.

We learn that Professor X and Magneto have come together "side by side, to end this war before it ever begins."

Wolverine asks, "So I wake up in my younger body, and then what?" Professor X responds, "Find me, convince me of all this." And Magneto chimes in that Wolverine will find younger Magneto a different person, "a darker person." We catch glimpses of 1970s versions of Magneto and Professor X — with a lot more hair and a lot more fire to them. Young Professor X has a crazy beard and a 1970s groovy outfit with an X-shaped light on his face, while Young Magneto (Michael Fassbender) is waving a gun.

We see Young Professor X blowing dust off a white globe.

Back then, Professor X says, "I was a very different man. Lead me, guide me, be patient with me." We see Young Professor X putting his hands on someone's face as he tries to understand. Maybe Wolverine's face?

Older Wolverine responds, "Patience isn't my strong suit."

And then blue glowing hands are gripping Wolverine's head, sending him back in time into the body of his younger self.

We catch glimpses of other stuff — Young Magneto using his powers to pull a distressed Mystique along the floor. Young Magneto descending from the air looking scary. There is a mysterious opening under the Oval Office, revealed by the oval opening up like a trapdoor. And protests in the street, and Bolivar Trask (Peter Dinklage) addressing a government hearing. And Richard Nixon looking weird and terrifying — and then Mystique walking down the street changing into a man in a pimp suit.

There is a LOT of stuff blowing up, and Young Professor X using Magneto, and the Beast attacking, a woman walking away from an airplane, and a military setting. We glimpse Professor X shielding his face from an intense white light, and the Cerebro machine exploding.

Young Professor X says, "I don't want your suffering. I don't want your future."

And then Old Professor X is face to face with his younger self. He says: "Please. We need you to hope again." It's an actual spine-tingling moment. Actual goosebumps here.
It sounds awesome!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #64
martindp1
Side-Kick

I got a theory what if Wolverine body dies in the future and his Conscious is still trapped in the past. He stops the Sentinel Program but now remains in the past. He makes X-Force instead of joining Weapon X. In the future the x-men survive but the timeline is altered. We see Xavier calling upon his X-men who are the original members from the comics then we go to the end and Apocalypse wakes up in Egypt.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #65
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by martindp1 View Post
I got a theory what if Wolverine body dies in the future and his Conscious is still trapped in the past. He stops the Sentinel Program but now remains in the past. He makes X-Force instead of joining Weapon X. In the future the x-men survive but the timeline is altered. We see Xavier calling upon his X-men who are the original members from the comics then we go to the end and Apocalypse wakes up in Egypt.
Very cool theory...but I don't see them making such drastic changes in the X-Men's history.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #66
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
Nimrod and Bastion are the same character btw, just that when Nimrod he was more robotic and as Bastion he's more bio-tech.
This is not right. Nimrod is a Sentinel from the future. Bastion is Master Mold transformed into a human being after being sucked into the Seige Perilous.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:56 AM   #67
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Reme Lebeau View Post
This is not right. Nimrod is a Sentinel from the future. Bastion is Master Mold transformed into a human being after being sucked into the Seige Perilous.
Partially correct. That Master Mold had already fused with some of Nimrod's technology as well when it was pushed through the Siege Perilous. The SP just reformed them into the form of Bastion since the Nimrod technology had evolved their consciousness into that almost resembling a human.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:27 AM   #68
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

I'm having trouble understanding the timeline for this film. Specifically the future timeline with the original cast members. Does this movie take place in the same timeline as Singer's previous X-men films or is it an alternate timeline? Does it ignore The Last Stand? Because in Singer's/Ratner's timeline Xavier "died"(Transfered his mind to another body), Rogue lost her powers, etc....In this film however, Professor X is still alive and in his own body, I'm assuming Rogue has her powers.

So I thought it would make more sense if this film took place in an alternate timeline that uses the same actors from Singer's films, but it's not necessarily the same timeline from his films. Right? So the Old Xavier from this film isn't necessarily the same Xavier from Singer's previous films? They're both from two separate universes? Otherwise I don't undertand how Xavier still has his body.

Can someone please help me with this? Does this film take place in the same cinematic universe as The X-Men Trilogy? Or is it a seperate universe that just uses the same actors?

So basically you have The X-Men trilogy which is it's own cinematic universe/timeline. Than you have First Class/DOFP which are apart of another universe/timeline. Or do all these films take place in the same universe/timeline?

Last edited by Goku Goes Crazy; 07-21-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #69
JP
Smelly

You'll... have to watch the film.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #70
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
You'll... have to watch the film.
Fair enough. I wasn't sure if we knew yet.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #71
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Singer has publically stated that he is not ignoring any of the past films, and this film is being used as a connection thread between them all, and to maybe "fix" a few things. The how and why of it all, like JP said, you'll have to wait and watch the film.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:07 AM   #72
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Two generations of awesome. I hope there's more of it coming the official promotion times.

And James is so freaking adorable

Old 07-21-2013, 04:31 AM   #73
Mars123
Side-Kick

I think the future aspects with the old cast takes place 10 years after x3 and the past in the 70s

Old 07-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #74
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Logan is the main character. How very unsurprising.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #75
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Wolverine being the time traveler makes the most sense when using the mind transfer thing in this universe. I don't think he is meant to be the only main character in this film. I don't mind him as one of the main players though, I don't get the hate for him having a big role. I love the character and it makes sense in more than one way.

Since it's mind transfer, I guess Logan won't have the adamantium, which will be interesting.

Closed Thread