Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #76
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Wolverine being the time traveler makes the most sense when using the mind transfer thing in this universe. I don't think he is meant to be the only main character in this film. I don't mind him as one of the main players though, I don't get the hate for him having a big role. I love the character and it makes sense in more than one way.

Since it's mind transfer, I guess Logan won't have the adamantium, which will be interesting.
I love Logan. Logan, Jean and Kitty are my favorite X-Men. But, the films have become too much about Logan. He is at the center of everything. He was the lead in each of the first three films (and Scott got walked all over because of it) and he has two solo films. There has only been 6 of these films.

They have chosen their method of time travel. They could have made it something that allowed for someone else to be the lead. They chose not to.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:31 AM   #77
QWoods
Side-Kick

Are there any detailed descriptions of the costumes and looks of any of the characters from the comic-con footage?

Old 07-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #78
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I love Logan. Logan, Jean and Kitty are my favorite X-Men. But, the films have become too much about Logan. He is at the center of everything. He was the lead in each of the first three films (and Scott got walked all over because of it) and he has two solo films. There has only been 6 of these films.

They have chosen their method of time travel. They could have made it something that allowed for someone else to be the lead. They chose not to.
i do completely agree with you, if they knew that they were going in this direction with the movie then yes I can say yes.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #79
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWoods View Post
Are there any detailed descriptions of the costumes and looks of any of the characters from the comic-con footage?
I havent heard any detailed descriptions from the characters except that Rogue apparently has on her green and white uniform,which I think would be awesome

Old 07-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #80
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post

because logan was the smartest and best chocie for a time traveler with an ageless mutant who is very popular and a character the audience has got to know and feel for past 13 years

Old 07-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #81
Closerframe
Side-Kick

I too am feeling a bit drained with Wolverine constantly being the center of attention. It would be one thing if he simply acted as the cataylst because of his popularity for the mainstream audience, but each time he's the center of attention, he becomes the primary plot point (X1 was about his memory lost, X2 was about his past and Stryker, and X3 was about him and Jean). I would have much preferred Kitty being sent back--like the comics--so there could be a change of structure other than the newly introduced time travel elements and mushing of the two casts.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #82
Project862006
Banned User

you guys do realize it will be different

x men 1 and 2 were dominated by him because he had to learn his history he knows his history he had an origin film too not much left to delve in with him time for him to just be wolverine and kicking some sentinel butt

i am sure he will have a major role but not #1

Old 07-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #83
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goes Crazy View Post
I'm having trouble understanding the timeline for this film. Specifically the future timeline with the original cast members. Does this movie take place in the same timeline as Singer's previous X-men films or is it an alternate timeline? Does it ignore The Last Stand? Because in Singer's/Ratner's timeline Xavier "died"(Transfered his mind to another body), Rogue lost her powers, etc....In this film however, Professor X is still alive and in his own body, I'm assuming Rogue has her powers.

So I thought it would make more sense if this film took place in an alternate timeline that uses the same actors from Singer's films, but it's not necessarily the same timeline from his films. Right? So the Old Xavier from this film isn't necessarily the same Xavier from Singer's previous films? They're both from two separate universes? Otherwise I don't undertand how Xavier still has his body.

Can someone please help me with this? Does this film take place in the same cinematic universe as The X-Men Trilogy? Or is it a seperate universe that just uses the same actors?

So basically you have The X-Men trilogy which is it's own cinematic universe/timeline. Than you have First Class/DOFP which are apart of another universe/timeline. Or do all these films take place in the same universe/timeline?
honestly if this was an "alternate" timeline then Scott, Jean, Mystique and Beast would be in the "future." I think it's safe to say that this film is set (years)after The Last Stand. We can hope that the fates of Beast and maybe Raven will be addressed.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #84
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

x men 1 and 2 were dominated by him because he had to learn his history he knows his history he had an origin film too not much left to delve in with him time for him to just be wolverine and kicking some sentinel butt

I do hope that is the case, as excited as I am for this movie it would suck if it turns out that way.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #85
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

I wonder if this film would be the same, if Vaughn hadn't left.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #86
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:

He HAD to learn his history? The movies are called X-men, not Wolverine and friends. They've made it too much about him. He had his own movie, and it sucked.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #87
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
I wonder if this film would be the same, if Vaughn hadn't left.
probably a little bit, singer has his writers and vaughn has his

but its possible we will have a mixture of both seeing as vaughn started out on the script and then it went to singer

Old 07-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #88
dark_b
Side-Kick

''wolverine is the only one who could travel back ''

question. did they first writte the concept that the mind travels back to their young body or did they first decide that wolverine will travel back? the answer is obvious. they knew from the second they started writting this movie that Hugh Jackman will be the time traveler. ok? OK? so please stop defending Fox and their stupid Wolverine obsession. it doesnt need to make sense because this was not a creative choice. this was a business choice. they wrotte the time travel concept with Wolverine in mind. a character that has his second solo movie in 2013.

thank you FOX

Old 07-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #89
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post

question. did they first writte the concept that the mind travels back to their young body or did they first decide that wolverine will travel back?
A bit of both, i would imagine. Kitty doesn't exist in the 70s so it couldn't be her mind travelling back, but they have somehow involved her in the process so they haven't ignored the comic altogether.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #90
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
A bit of both, i would imagine. Kitty doesn't exist in the 70s so it couldn't be her mind travelling back, but they have somehow involved her in the process so they haven't ignored the comic altogether.
mr Hugh Jackman gets the most screentime. thank you FOX

Old 07-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #91
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Xavier has to have a part in doing it also, id be very surprised if he doesn't

Old 07-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #92
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
He HAD to learn his history? The movies are called X-men, not Wolverine and friends. They've made it too much about him. He had his own movie, and it sucked.
every other x men were established and been at the school for years

storm,jean,cyclops were established heroes

wolverine was the character we saw the film through same as rogue because they were new and outsiders

and it was'nt the wolverine show people really need to rewatch the films hell i think jean has just as much screen time and is as much story driven as logan was

Old 07-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #93
dark_b
Side-Kick

i liked the first movie because one character was the focus. and i liked that it was wolverine. the second movei is one of the best comcibook movies. boom.

but the third movie and now DOFP? this is an insult

Old 07-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #94
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
every other x men were established and been at the school for years

storm,jean,cyclops were established heroes

wolverine was the character we saw the film through same as rogue because they were new and outsiders

and it was'nt the wolverine show people really need to rewatch the films hell i think jean has just as much screen time and is as much story driven as logan was
Jean didnt do anything of worth in the first movie,she did Cerebro but not much at all. Her parrts expanded as the movies continued so I wouldnt say she has as much screentime as Logan by a longshot,the 3rd ,movie was all about Jean but Logan played a big part. Storm,Jean, and Cyclops were established when the movie started but it still was no fleshing out of the character we were just told that they were his first students but we were still getting introduced to them just as we did Wolverine and Rogue,but the latter just got more of and introduction.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #95
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
i liked the first movie because one character was the focus. and i liked that it was wolverine. the second movei is one of the best comcibook movies. boom.

but the third movie and now DOFP? this is an insult
jackman has had a fair amount of breaks from filming so he probably won't steal the story

Old 07-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #96
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

The first 2 films aren't the problem. Those always made sense, though Scott still took it on the chin. It is the Last Stand and on that I feel is simply taking it way too far.

Quote:

question. did they first writte the concept that the mind travels back to their young body or did they first decide that wolverine will travel back? the answer is obvious. they knew from the second they started writting this movie that Hugh Jackman will be the time traveler. ok? OK? so please stop defending Fox and their stupid Wolverine obsession. it doesnt need to make sense because this was not a creative choice. this was a business choice. they wrotte the time travel concept with Wolverine in mind. a character that has his second solo movie in 2013.

thank you FOX
Thank you dark_b.

Quote:
Yeah, they really didn't have to do it this way though.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #97
Project862006
Banned User

i personally am happy since wolverine is my fav comic book hero

so suck it haters

Old 07-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #98
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Jean didnt do anything of worth in the first movie,she did Cerebro but not much at all. Her parrts expanded as the movies continued so I wouldnt say she has as much screentime as Logan by a longshot,the 3rd ,movie was all about Jean but Logan played a big part. Storm,Jean, and Cyclops were established when the movie started but it still was no fleshing out of the character we were just told that they were his first students but we were still getting introduced to them just as we did Wolverine and Rogue,but the latter just got more of and introduction.

I agree.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #99
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
i personally am happy since wolverine is my fav comic book hero

so suck it haters
See, be honest. No need to make up all these "reasons".

Old 07-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #100
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

we knew very little about jean in X1 and X2, we just knew she was someone wolverine fancied and that she was with scott, by the 3rd she was given an origin and become wolverines love interest but overall there was no character there

we still know way more about wolverine then we do jean