Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #101
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
See, be honest. No need to make up all these "reasons".
Exactly

Old 07-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #102
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i personally am happy since wolverine is my fav comic book hero

so suck it haters
from all the x-men team wolverine is also my favorite. but there is a line. i am watching a x-men movie right? i will watch in 2013 a wolverine movie . so how about they make a x-men movie for 2014?

i am angry as a fan of this character

Old 07-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #103
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Yeah we love Wolverine which is why we don't want his character ruined as the "lead" of the X-films.... Hes not supposed to be a leader, he's the angry violent little man.

I remember back when I watched the 90s cartoon, he was kinda scary. It was because he felt unpredictable...I was always confused.why they would let someone like Wolverine on their team but that just makes it better. But when he is always front and center he's not really the same character...

Old 07-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #104
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Yeah we love Wolverine which is why we don't want his character ruined as the "lead" of the X-films.... Hes not supposed to be a leader, he's the angry violent little man.

I remember back when I watched the 90s cartoon, he was kinda scary. It was because he felt unpredictable...I was always confused.why they would let someone like Wolverine on their team but that just makes it better. But when he is always front and center he's not really the same character...
I totally agree with this.
Great minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 07-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #105
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Lol at this image. Page is quite literally a hobbit in real life.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #106
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

She does not look happy to be there. And I can't believe she needed a box. Tyrion didn't even need a box.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #107
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

I am sick of Wolverine too but in practicality terms he is the best choice for the time traveler. The comics set out the time travel had to be by way of consciousness transfer, it is the easiest to explain and show.

That meant there could only be four options for who it could be. Beast, but he's not in the future as he's probably dead so he's out. And it would have been adding too many characters. So that leaves Professor X (which after Wolverine was always my 2nd guess for who the traveler was), but in his case it would take away from FC characters if the older Xavier was also the young one. Same with Magneto being the traveler, plus he couldn't be trusted.

That leaves... Wolverine. He was alive in 1973, he's a good fighter and he could be used to persuade young Professor X he needed to stop the events from happening. I might have wished some of the younger OT characters had been chosen but I can understand why it's Wolverine. He does make the most sense. Kitty was never going to work. From the second I heard about DOFP I knew she wouldn't be the one going back. She realistically couldn't and her character is just not big enough to carry such a responsibility.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #108
Loki882
Side-Kick

Wolverine is not always a "violent angry little man." There have been many comic stories when he's not that way. If that's how people prefer him, fine, but don't pretend like that's all there is to Logan's character.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #109
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Who knows the movie may go back and forth between the time lines, the original trilogy cast shot for about 4 weeks, so they should have some decent screen time without Wolverine when they send him to the past.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #110
Three_Inches
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
Who knows the movie may go back and forth between the time lines, the original trilogy cast shot for about 4 weeks, so they should have some decent screen time without Wolverine when they send him to the past.
That's what I'm most excited about. Since Wolverine's mind is being sent back that means for the future half of the movie, he'll be mostly unconscious. This means we finally get to see the OT team kick (sentinel) ass without his help.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #111
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
It has to show the future at times. Wolverine's mind can't stay in the past so the future characters have to bring him back. That has to be shown. I am sure there will be some future scenes cut into the past scenes as the movie goes along. Of course any future Wolverine scenes have to be before and after that.

If the Vulture spoilers are true then we know the two time lines will be shown as the movies goes along. The past will just get more of them.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #112
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
It has to show the future at times. Wolverine's mind can't stay in the past so the future characters have to bring him back. That has to be shown. I am sure there will be some future scenes cut into the past scenes as the movie goes along. Of course any future Wolverine scenes have to be before and after that.

If the Vulture spoilers are true then we know the two time lines will be shown as the movies goes along. The past will just get more of them.
And it explains why Anna seemed to shoot with so few of the actors - they could be the final survivors by the end of the film.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #113
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i think its possible mcavoys xavier will use his mind to see into the future at some point in the movie watching this dark future unfold and is when the 2 xaviers talk, mcavoy said at some point he was in the same room as the OT, maybe not interacting with anyone but older xavier

Old 07-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #114
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Logan is the main character. How very unsurprising.
Logan being the catalyst for this big event film among all of these actors as these characters and being the most popular X-Men makes sense. I really thought I'd be Lawrence's Mystique being the one to do it, but seeing as how Logan is more interesting and I never really tire of Jackman's Wolverine, I'm fine with it.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #115
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three_Inches View Post
This means we finally get to see the OT team kick (sentinel) ass without his help.
who said that you will get a lot of scenes from the future when wolverine goes back?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #116
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

There has to be some as Wolverine has to be brought back and we'd see that. If the spoilers are true there is future scenes while he's in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
And it explains why Anna seemed to shoot with so few of the actors - they could be the final survivors by the end of the film.
Yeah, it's possible they can't find her until most of the group are already dead and when she comes back there's only a few survivors.

Though what I don't understand about that is why do they need to retrieve Wolverine's mind in such a rush? Is it because he has to be retrieved before the past events are changed so that he doesn't get stuck there?

Which would mean he'd return to the future while they're still at war. And once the future has been changed how do we not see all the OT alive together in their new timeline? Rogue would have to have scenes with Storm and Colossus then surely. Perhaps Anna came back and filmed a couple of days with Halle, Daniel etc and we just didn't get to know about it. Otherwise I don't know how the end future scenes are going to work. They can't not show the changed timeline. And Rogue would be back with everyone unless the changes weren't massive and it ends with her AWOL from the school again after the cure events. Obviously with her powers back but living her life peacefully elsewhere and she won't be with the X-men again until a sequel

Also for the ones who are still alive when the timeline changes will they remember both? Especially Wolverine, Professor X, Rogue and Kitty if they all took part in the time travel in some way going by the the official info and the possible spoilers.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #117
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
who said that you will get a lot of scenes from the future when wolverine goes back?
Its just speculation, if one of the reports is true, then the future crew have a sub-plot of their own when they send Wolverine back.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #118
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

its defo a packed future for 4 weeks filming, i wonder were they scared wolverine wasnt around to hold the future stuff up

Old 07-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #119
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I dont see the point of them needing to bring him back, if his mission is a success wouldn't it overwrite the dark future? Maybe things change slightly overtime as Wolverine changes things...like Cyclops will appear out of nowhere etc?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #120
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
I dont see the point of them needing to bring him back, if his mission is a success wouldn't it overwrite the dark future? Maybe things change slightly overtime as Wolverine changes things...like Cyclops will appear out of nowhere etc?
yeah i think thats possible, i mean i dunno if its been officially said that cyclops and jean wont be back in this film but we know Lucas Till is in the film and must have a decent role and he wasn't at the panel so who knows

Old 07-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #121
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

So what did I miss? Anything new? Exciting? Worth reading? Hmm? Or is it all the same ol jambo jambo. lol. How much footage was shown at Comic-con. I haven't been able to go on since my laptop's motherboard died on me so my laptop is toast Im stuck using my pc for now.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #122
dark_b
Side-Kick

i have a feeling that when the movie ends we will get a similar scene like in X1 when Wolverine meets the x-men group. he will smile because he already knows them.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #123
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
So what did I miss? Anything new? Exciting? Worth reading? Hmm? Or is it all the same ol jambo jambo. lol. How much footage was shown at Comic-con. I haven't been able to go on since my laptop's motherboard died on me so my laptop is toast Im stuck using my pc for now.
everything you need to know is here

http://io9.com/first-x-men-days-of-f...oseb-853412270

Old 07-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #124
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, his mind would be stuck in the past regardless of what changed in the future. It is there at the time of the change so it can't magically not be. They have to bring his consciousness back before the timeline is altered or there will be some kind of paradox. One that could I suppose potentially cause damage to the future.

That could explain the spoilers. And it makes them seem more true. They would have to race and find someone to bring him back before the alterations or he's stuck their forever and it will cause the paradox. If Kitty is comatose (which she surely must be) then they need Rogue and it's within a set amount of time they have to find her and get her to the hide out to bring Logan back. It could Professor X can't message Logan or his younger self in the past without using Kitty as a conduit so they have no idea that if they change things it will cause problems. The OT team have to deal with it themselves. And Rogue is the key to saving Logan and possibly saving them as well as stopping any possible problems caused by Wolverine's time displacement.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #125
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i have a feeling that when the movie ends we will get a similar scene like in X1 when Wolverine meets the x-men group. he will smile because he already knows them.
But Professor X would know who he is already from the 1970's. He won't forget the events. Possibly neither will Kitty and Rogue if however they help Logan time travel places their minds outside the normal time stream.

Closed Thread