The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Harry, not Norman, being the one to kill Gwen? (multi-vote)
It's best to distance this Green Goblin story arc from Raimi's 6 12.24%
As long as everything else is the same it's okay 5 10.20%
It depends on the execution (no pun intended) 23 46.94%
Any change to Gwen's death scene is acceptable 1 2.04%
Norman must be the one to drop/kill Gwen 17 34.69%
No changes to Gwen's death scene are acceptable 5 10.20%
I'm unsure at the moment 7 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #26
younglink42
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rumor: Harry Osborn, instead of Norman, killing Gwen Stacy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I posted that like 3-4 times. But its much appreciated!
Wait. I thought the link you posted was the Goblin one. This has other things such as the score and goblin

younglink42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #27
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglink42 View Post
Wait. I thought the link you posted was the Goblin one. This has other things such as the score and goblin
You're right, my apologies!

Looks like Marc is expanding on his "Think Bigger" statement.

Quote:
That said, we are trying to create a world that feels a little bit more nuanced and a little bit bigger and I think there are a lot of characters in the Spider-Man universe that could justify their own movies. And I get really excited and titillated by that possibility. The reality of that is sort of dependent on a lot of factors that are sort of beyond my control, but certainly there is a lot of conversation that goes on behind closed doors about how to give life to that.

-Marc Webb

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #28
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I really am just curious as to how Green Goblin will look. Is he going to wear that goofy costume and purse full of pumpkins riding a glider, or is he going to be a fully transformed "Hulk" Goblin like in USM? Or is it a mix of both? Something completely original?

Since I've been re-reading USM, I actually am starting to like the Ultimate Green Goblin. Its growing on me. It only seems like people here and other Spider-Man purists are the ones who really hate it. I've shown it to people who've never read comics before, and they have all said that they prefer that design to the original.

Of course, I still prefer the original 616 design, but it wouldn't work on film. Also, the USM version may not work either because it would be like The Lizard all over again: Spider-Man vs. a giant CGI green monster. I think a mix between the classic and Ultimate look could work. Something like this:

That way he won't look silly with a rubber green mask, but will still be a man on a glider to please the fans. The serum could transform him into a Goblin-esque creature, but won't turn into the Incredible Hulk with horns.

You just have to think of Marc Webb's universe that he's built so far. And I think those are the strongest clues to what Gobby could look like.
Lizard - (Popular 616 has lab coat, and almost dino-like with a snout) Outcome : Mutated human lizard that had lizard like features. No snout.

Electro - (616 Version has a cheesy green and yellow suit with a bolt mask)
Outcome : Full-living electricity human with actual electricity flowing inside. Very similar to Ultimate Spider-Man's Electro.

Rhino - (616 Version was an experiment involving bonded a special polymer to his skin augmenting Aleksei's abilities, all while resembling a huge Rhino)
(Predicted) Outcome : It looks like they're going the mech suit route similar to Ultimate Spider-Man where there's a man in control of a suit that has abilities.

With that being said, how do you think Green Goblin could look like?
Picard's last paragraph I like a lot and would make the most sense.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #29
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

If they do go the mutate into the 616 version route, I believe they should use the prosthetics they used for the Red Skull in Captain America.

Eyes should turn yellow with dilated pupils, pointed ears, pointed nose, Alex Ross version basically.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #30
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I'd react with:

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #31
PeterBenParker
Side-Kick

I voted unsure, and here's why:

I absolutely loved Dane DeHaan in Chronicle, and many moments of his portrayal of Andrew kinda screamed Harry Osborn to me.

If we would be able to see that rage, only with him flying around on a glider and referring himself as The Green Goblin, that would be excellent in my opinion.

On the otherhand, despite still being sour that Chris Cooper was casted as Norman Osborn as opposed to Michael Massee (mind you I'm aware he was never really meant to play Norman at all), I do think Chris can pull it off.

Obviously Norman being Peter's big baddie, and him being the first to be the Goblin is the logical choice and would please many fans, so that's where I'm torn.

Do I want a fresh twist with Harry causing Gwen's death, adding much more emotional depth that it was Peter's best friend that killed the love of his life, or do I want to stay true to the source material and have the iconic scene played out in it's all glory.

Decisions, decisions..

PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #32
PeterBenParker
Side-Kick

Quote:
That way he won't look silly with a rubber green mask, but will still be a man on a glider to please the fans. The serum could transform him into a Goblin-esque creature, but won't turn into the Incredible Hulk with horns.
Quote:
Eyes should turn yellow with dilated pupils, pointed ears, pointed nose, Alex Ross version basically.
to both of you, I'd love that.

PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #33
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

I think Webb implying that Norman would be Goblin doesn't mean ****

This is not the first time a director has denied something

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #34
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

I'm pretty sure one of you already had a similar idea. And frankly I'm just reposting the idea of a good friend:

What if Norman has already been the Green Goblin in the past? What if he took the formula back when Peter was young and lost his parents? What if he caused the plane to crash using a prototype of his glider? What if the formula made him sick and he's been searching for a cure since then, believing to find it in Peters blood?

Now that his father is fatally ill Harry takes on the mantle as the Goblin. This way the original order is kept: Norman is the first goblin, Harry the second.

What do you think?

DerSpider-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #35
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
I'm pretty sure one of you already had a similar idea. And frankly I'm just reposting the idea of a good friend:

What if Norman has already been the Green Goblin in the past? What if he took the formula back when Peter was young and lost his parents? What if he caused the plane to crash using a prototype of his glider? What if the formula made him sick and he's been searching for a cure since then, believing to find it in Peters blood?

Now that his father is fatally ill Harry takes on the mantle as the Goblin. This way the original order is kept: Norman is the first goblin, Harry the second.

What do you think?
Wow. Three. Thumbs. Up.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #36
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I think the "Which Osborn is Goblin?" question is important. I think there should be an ambiguity around his identity.

As for who it ends up actually being... I'd prefer Norman. :/

Old 07-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #37
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:

What do you think?
This could work. I like it!

There's plenty of ideas I think they could go with, but I think this is the best one of heard.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #38
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

Quote:

What do you think?
Holy crap...that would actually make sense and this way, fans wouldn't be angry. Awesome!

Old 07-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #39
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Harry mind-controlling Electro to prove his worth to Norman works for me but Norman hast to be the guy to kill Gwen.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #40
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I also like the idea of NOT knowing who the Goblin is through the movie. Throw hints that it could be Harry, when in fact that it's actually Norman.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #41
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

It has to be Norman. It is very important to the Spidey/GG dynamic. Yes, Harry was GG in the comics for a period but Norman has always been THE GG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Keep in mind using the same exact story arc as Raimi's first Spider-man movie would re-ignite the "been there, done that" debate.
I don't think it will. First, it would be more explored in depth and would have more screen time. Second, it will have a darker/serious tone and a completely different Goblin. Third, it would occur at least 14 years after SM1. I don't think there will be much of a "been there, done that" debate.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 07-21-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:03 AM   #42
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

as long as gwen gets thrown off the bridge im good -____-

amazingly atiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #43
RT59103
Side-Kick

So many things were posted yesterday, I'm not sure if this interview with Marc was posted yet

"The hardcore fans have really been pressing you recently on specific spoilers, in particular things regarding Gwen Stacy. Do you try and balance that at all as a director, hoping to please hardcore Spider-Man geeks while also not wanting to reveal too much to those not familiar with the original story?

Marc: I just don't want to tell anybody the plot of the movie. The joy that comes from being surprised in the theater is under attack at all times. It's not really a conundrum or a dilemma to me -- I just don't want to tell anybody what's happening. But, I will tell you, I am aware of the theories floating around, and every theory I have read is wrong. I guarantee you you will be surprised.

http://news.moviefone.com/2013/07/19...n-stacy-rumor/

RT59103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:38 AM   #44
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I voted it depends on the execution but I think it's important for Norman to be one as it cements him as Peter's arch-enemy in my eyes. But if they do it well I don't mind changes.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:50 AM   #45
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

i'm just happy not knowing to be honest

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #46
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT59103 View Post
So many things were posted yesterday, I'm not sure if this interview with Marc was posted yet

"The hardcore fans have really been pressing you recently on specific spoilers, in particular things regarding Gwen Stacy. Do you try and balance that at all as a director, hoping to please hardcore Spider-Man geeks while also not wanting to reveal too much to those not familiar with the original story?

Marc: I just don't want to tell anybody the plot of the movie. The joy that comes from being surprised in the theater is under attack at all times. It's not really a conundrum or a dilemma to me -- I just don't want to tell anybody what's happening. But, I will tell you, I am aware of the theories floating around, and every theory I have read is wrong. I guarantee you you will be surprised.

http://news.moviefone.com/2013/07/19...n-stacy-rumor/
wonder what the surprise will be

Old 07-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #47
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Quote:

What do you think?
That idea is pretty awesome, I like that.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #48
Morbius
Living Vampire

Personally, I don't think Cooper/Norman will be Goblin. The guy's like 62 years old - assuming there are 3/4 movies in this franchise, and more importantly, a movie yet to be made where Goblin is the MAIN villain, how long do you think it would take for Chris Cooper to appear on-screen battling Spidey?

We have to look at it practically - by the time Cooper is expected to become the GG, he'll be like 63 or 64 years old. Now, why would Marc Webb cast someone as old as Chris Cooper, if he meant them to later become the GG? It doesn't make sense when you think about it that way. All signs point to Dane becoming the Goblin - assuming of course there IS ever going to be a goblin in Webb's movie-verse.

Last edited by Morbius; 07-21-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #49
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

unless they go the hulk route it wont matter how old because it will be cgi that is IF they go the hulk route

Old 07-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #50
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
I also like the idea of NOT knowing who the Goblin is through the movie. Throw hints that it could be Harry, when in fact that it's actually Norman.
I agree, that has the potential to be a "I Am Your Father"/Vader moment.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote