The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #151
Darthhawkeye
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamKnight102 View Post
I think we'll get a Batman who is in his mid to late 30's. He will be well established as Bruce Wayne, CEO of Wayne Enterprises, a kind of celebrity businessman bachelor.

I have to admit, I really think Nikolaj Coster-Waldau would be a pretty interesting pick to play Batman. Yeah, he'll be 43 soon, but I think he could easily play the role they need. Keep the unshaven, stubble look for Batman and use that to add to his playboy persona as Bruce Wayne.

The Batman we get SHOULD be early to mid 30's, just because he's on the younger side doesn't mean it's his first adventure. MOS 2 or World's Finest or whatever it's called doesn't take place 5 hours after MOS, they can make mention of a mysterious vigilante dressed as bat operating in Gotham, along with maybe mentioning other METAHUMANS that have emerged since Superman's appearance. As for Waldau, I think he'd be a good BATS, but he'd be a GREAT JOHN CONSTANTINE. Get me Ryan Goslin for BATS. He's in the same career place Bale was befor BEGINS, famous, but not SOOOO famous that we can't see him as BATS. Indie darling, looking for mainstream success. MAKE IT SO!

Old 07-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #152
tdeverea
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Haha, yeah I suggested him for this a while back. Physically, the guy is a powerhouse and his work on Strike Back proved to me he has the right amount of intensity to pull off Bats. Plus, you're spot-on about that jaw. It looks like its made of stone, lol.
Never seen his work actually. I just picked him because of his looks. I definitely need to watch Strike Back.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #153
gdw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Dev Adam View Post
Remember that scene from I AM LEGEND?

You know what I never got about that, they used the SR crest, but a completely different Bat emblem. Why wouldn't they do their own design for both, or use established designs for both?
Just seemed weird.

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #154
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromatichouse View Post

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Batman
Now that would be an interesting choice. I could totally get behind this direction. First and foremost, he's an incredible actor. He can do the arrogant rich you guy you hate role, while at the same time be the heroic but conflicted savior type.

Also, I think this Batman should be 5-6 years older than Superman and he has that exact look.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #155
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

So many names in this thread. Not enough pics.

I like Rob Stark/Jamie Lannister/Leonard McCoy suggestions. Depending on the age they make Bruce.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #156
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

The more I think about it the more I want Karl Urban as Batman, make it happen!

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 07-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #157
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
The more I think about it the more I want Karl Urban as Batman, make it happen!
When I saw Dredd the second time I wondered why Dredd has a better Batman voice than Batman himself?

Old 07-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #158
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Well, it's not that hard to do a better Batman voice than Christian Bale.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #159
kpryde

I think that Garrett Hedlund has the acting chops, look (with dyed black hair), physicality (he's 6'2"), age, and voice (losing his "drawl" he has a surprisingly deep voice) to be Bruce Wayne/Batman. I know that it is irrelevant, but he even sort of reminds me of Christian Bale in these photos:

Old 07-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #160
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Batman casting choices -

Luke Evans

Jake Gyllenhaal

*\S/T*
Old 07-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #161
TheFBI
Side-Kick

I feel like batman needs to be more of an unknown than a big name, so the actor can own the character

Old 07-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #162
conan69
Cimmerian

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is awesome, but too old.

Why would they get someone in their late 30s? Whoever they get for Batman is going to be someone they can get a long term commitment from.

Hes going to have to do MoS 2, 3 Justice League films as well as a lead a brand new Batman franchise.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #163
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Well, it's not that hard to do a better Batman voice than Christian Bale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Jake Gyllenhaal
I actually think this guy is more of a Hulk material

Old 07-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #164
Str8 Rippin
Side-Kick

Nikolaj and Urban are probably my two favorites at this point in time. Can't wait to see who they actually choose.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #165
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
When I saw Dredd the second time I wondered why Dredd has a better Batman voice than Batman himself?
Haha yeah that's true.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 07-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #166
HardBawl
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
Christian Bale, no one else.
This.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #167
dmc
Side-Kick

Are people really not tired of the Bale voice? That may be the sole reason I want a reboot.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #168
HardBawl
Banned User

Christian Bale is the only one that should be playing Batman, Warner Bros. and Zack Snyder are using the same exact Bat symbol for Batman in thier marketing promotion for the film that is from Frank Miller's 1986 graphic novel "The Dark Knight Returns". Zack Snyder, famous for making graphic novel comic books into movies, like "The Watchman", has already done one of Frank Miller's other graphic novels, "300".

In The Dark Knight Returns, Batman and Superman face off one final time when Batman is is like in his 60s, this Batman vs. Superman movie can kick off a whole lot of things, including something that leads up to a live action film of The Dark Knight Returns.

That said, the title alone ties in well with Nolan's Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises, keeping Christian Bale as Batman will not only keep audiences happy, but will tie in well for a final epic chapter and closing, in The Dark Knight Returns!

Old 07-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #169
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
Christian Bale, no one else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardBawl View Post
This.
Didn't Nolan make it clear his story of Batman will have him as the only costumed hero in that universe? Even if he didn't, there's no reason for Bale to return in the role since this will have a rich Bruce Wayne no one presumes dead, unless of course they don't find another actor suitable for the role

Old 07-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #170
HardBawl
Banned User

Christian Bale or bust!

Old 07-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #171
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeverea View Post
Never seen his work actually. I just picked him because of his looks. I definitely need to watch Strike Back.
Definitely check it out, man. It's like Mission:Impossible meets James Bond meets Black Hawk Down.

Martha Plimpton for Captain Marvel

Think outside the box, people!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #172
georgec
Not a hero

LOL I'm not sure how many times it needs to be reiterated that Bale is done, Bale's Bruce Wayne's story is complete, and the Nolanverse has no connection to the Snyderverse,

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #173
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
LOL I'm not sure how many times it needs to be reiterated that Bale is done, Bale's Bruce Wayne's story is complete, and the Nolanverse has no connection to the Snyderverse,
Just because the men in charge says so right now does not mean it will be that way once the movie arrives. I'm not saying I want it that way but it's all up to them and they could go either way.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #174
HardBawl
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Didn't Nolan make it clear his story of Batman will have him as the only costumed hero in that universe? Even if he didn't, there's no reason for Bale to return in the role since this will have a rich Bruce Wayne no one presumes dead, unless of course they don't find another actor suitable for the role
Nolan can change his tune in time, Bale can be used for a slew of Batman and Superman movies and Justice League films, that Nolan doesn't have to take part in. Heck, Nolan can stay out of the loop for 20 some years, but than, soften his heart, and change his tune for the fans, and make one last final Batman film add-on to his trilogy, in The Dark Knight Returns!

A well written script, as well as time, and money, can change everything.

Nolan left Batman retired (for a second time), and having faked his death again (also for a second time). In The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel, Batman is very well both aged and retired, even more so than he was in film The Dark Knight Rises, where he was likely in his late 30s, maybe 39, and retired for eight years.

Batman is like mid 60s in The Dark Knight Returns and retired for like 20 some odd years, before making one final come back against a Gotham City overridden by a tyrannical, terrorist gang of mutants.

In short, it still ties with what Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises already started, all they need to do is write in Super Heroes and JL into Gotham's world for the extension of these other new films, and it's a done deal.

With this, Bale can play Batman in The Dark Knight Returns in his 40s, after the slew of these other films they can make.

Christian Bale or bust! Make it so!

Old 07-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #175
Unbreakable Lex
Side-Kick

Someone earlier brought up Bradley Cooper. He's been long rumored to being brought into the DC Comics universe as either Lex Luthor or the Flash. I don't think he'd make a good Wayne, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him show up in this movie (if he's not cast as the flash)

I think they need to do what Marvel did with Iron Man with the Flash. The actor is everything. Without RDJ, Iron Man movies wouldn't be nearly as good. Same goes with the Flash.

Closed Thread