The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 07-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default How will the movies portray Death?

Will they stop at Thanos just being in love with the idea of death, meaning he's just a pure genocidal maniac, or do you think they'll go all the way and actually personify it like in the comics?

I'm thinking they'll just stop at Thanos being in love with the idea death. Having essentially the Grim Reaper be a real thing in the movie universe, and having a character in love with it, might be going just a step too far (I wouldn't mind it obviously but I'm thinking about casuals). Then again, it might just be so weird it could work.

So, I want to know what everyone else thinks.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: How will the movies portray Death?

I think it'll be creepy how he talks about Death as a person, and that in the very end, when he's finally defeated we will see her briefly.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #3
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

They're starting to get into the more weirder stuff with Guardians of the Galaxy, and once they get to Doctor Strange and introduce the magic side of the MCU they'll be able to bring in that idea of Death personified.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #4
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Keep the relationship as is. Thanos having Death as his consort makes him an even bigger player than he already in the MCU's cosmic landscape and accentuates his malevolence with their relationship's skeevy undertones.

GotG post credits teaser: Shot of Thanos' back as gazes out of the window of his starship in his trademark pose. He glances behind and we get a shot from his POV of a gorgeous woman in a purple robe. Thanos turns back to the window as the woman goes to his side and takes his arm, but from our POV she's now a skeleton in a robe. Pan to Thanos and Death's viewpoint through the window, and we see that his starship is orbiting Earth.

I don't know if they're going to go with the mute older woman or the articulate young Endless expy.

Saitou Hajime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I think it'll be creepy how he talks about Death as a person, and that in the very end, when he's finally defeated we will see her briefly.
I like this idea.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote