The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 07-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #76
Ant-manic
Banned User

Default Re: Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
But the character of Ultron is much more tied to the Pyms than the creation of the Avengers was.I mean,take Ultron away from Pym and what does he have in terms of villains?Egghead?
Dimitrios. aren't you reading Avengers A.I.?

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #77
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
I was thinking maybe tony finds and tries to "improve" the ultron ai, that Pym created based on his brain waces back in 60s, and that could be fleshed out in the antman movie along with him training Lang.

they could try to tie Pym into Advanced Idea Mechanics; having him working for Killian's organization, behind the scenes. the events of Iron Man 3 would have landed him in a S.H.I.E.L.D prison; he wouldn't have been one of the evil ones but a idealistic young scientist wanting to do science without boundaries, like Maya. and the 3rd Avengers movie would have SHIELD utilizing him as a scientist; after figuring out that he's kind of a mad scientist but not a bad guy. he could then appear as Giant-Man; an extremely impressive bit of invention in its own right. the Ant-Man movie could take place inbetween Pym being released and his recruitment into SHIELD.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #78
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Who's the villain in Ant-Man now that Ultron is taken? The only real choices are Crossfire, MODOK, Taskmaster, Whirlwind, Radioactive Man and Egghead.

Based on the fact that Simon Pegg is going to be the villain, I think he's going to be Egghead or Taskmaster and it's not a massive leap to assume that Nick Frost will also be in the film so you have your MODOK. Maybe also add in Taskmaster to do the heavy lifting and that's a full cast.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #79
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Who's the villain in Ant-Man now that Ultron is taken? The only real choices are Crossfire, MODOK, Taskmaster, Whirlwind, Radioactive Man and Egghead.

Based on the fact that Simon Pegg is going to be the villain, I think he's going to be Egghead or Taskmaster and it's not a massive leap to assume that Nick Frost will also be in the film so you have your MODOK. Maybe also add in Taskmaster to do the heavy lifting and that's a full cast.

that sounds dubious.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #80
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
that sounds dubious.
Okay, Simon Pegg said he wants to play a villain.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #81
babykhris
Side-Kick

Quote:

That actually would be a cool idea. Lets say AIM is the villians in the film. We can have Egghead, Whirlwind, and maybe MODOK or Taskmaster as the top guys. (remember the goal is to sell action figures and those names could do it.)

babykhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #82
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I wonder if they'll have the female Ultron in the movie.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:04 AM   #83
GriffinSTatum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I wonder if they'll have the female Ultron in the movie.
It could be a possibility, obviously not for the entire movie though. Whedon did mention that in the comics Ultron does go through many iterations, and so we will be seeing the same thing happen in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

GriffinSTatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:42 AM   #84
Silvermoth
Avenger

I wouldn't mind that. To be honest, Ultron is cool but there's just something missing which would propel him towards the other great marvel villains. Maybe an ideology?

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #85
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I'm totally fine with them changing the origin story for Ultron. Like Whedon said, the Marvel universe is a seperate entity from the comics. Just like the Ultimates is a totally seperate world from the original universe. And i'm fine with that...as long as they get the essence and looks of the characters right and stay somewhat close in terms of story, i'm fine with them taking some side roads in that regard.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #86
SilentWarriorZ
lemonidas

It seems not only ultron's origin but a lot is going to be changed in Avengers Sequels with character origins and their relations with each other etc.

SilentWarriorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #87
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Good. Its a separate universe. Marvel has gone above and beyond in the "staying true to the characters" department. They have made my dreams a reality. Now I want new, fresh stories, with unique takes on the rest of their stable. "Inspired by" is more than adequate at this point. Only quality matters now.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #88
tay1
Side-Kick

Edgar Wright has said that Hank Pym will be in his Ant-Man movie.

tay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #89
Mr. Dent
Banned User

It's weird how websites are picking up on this like it's new news.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #90
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I'm still very upset about this. Hank Pym needs to be the creator of Ultron. If Stark creates him I'll flip. SHIELD would be less offensive but still I'd rather have Pym make him.

I've written my thoughts on this on the website I work for. The article title says it all:

Age of Ultron is a Bad Thing!

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #91
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagicWolf View Post
I'm still very upset about this. Hank Pym needs to be the creator of Ultron. If Stark creates him I'll flip. SHIELD would be less offensive but still I'd rather have Pym make him.

I've written my thoughts on this on the website I work for. The article title says it all:

It's a bad thing for some CB fans. I doubt it's going to actually affect the quality of the movie. Unless you mean, it's a bad thing for you.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #92
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Who's the villain in Ant-Man now that Ultron is taken?
Ultron is not an Ant-Man villain. He was created by Hank Pym, yes, but he has always been an Avengers villain. . . and frankly so vastly outclasses Hank on his own as to make it a non-contest. There is no way they were going to use Ultron as the villain in Ant-Man.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #93
babykhris
Side-Kick

If they are going comedic with the film as they are rumored to be I would have MODOK, Whirlwind and Egghead as the villains.

babykhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #94
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
If they are going comedic with the film as they are rumored to be I would have MODOK, Whirlwind and Egghead as the villains.
and who started that rumor? "hi-tech spy heist" doesn't sound comedic to me. neither does "bad-ass secret agent." i'd rather they go with someone like Crossfire. and then have him be a subversive freelancing for Advanced Idea Mechanics; with Monica Rappaccini, George Tarleton, and Elias Starr as A.I.M's curren triumvirate. A.I.M mercs will already have some pretty exotic weaponry, at their disposal. it's basically an even madder science version of Hydra.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #95
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagicWolf View Post

Different universe, different stories.
I remember when Ultimates first came out, some fans were outraged because it changed their favorite chararacters..slowly it picked up interest though. Movies are a totally seperate universe, so really...they can do whatever they want with the stories.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #96
hadi
Side-Kick

Kevin says:

"Hank Pym will play a very big role in his own movie, which is released after the Avengers. When you see and talk to other people about the title reveal that we did, they will tell you that what it was, was an Iron Man helmet that was slowly meticulously being bashed and ripped and sparked and torn apart into an Ultron face."

hadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #97
hadi
Side-Kick

hadi is offline   Reply With Quote