The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Is this the right time to introduce the team-up?
Perfect time for a team-up 29 43.28%
It's too soon 23 34.33%
Undecided 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #51
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Default Re: Is this the right time to introduce the team-up?

From a business standpoint having a Superman Batman team up as a major plot point for MOS 2 is a brilliant idea. Batman in a movie is like a license to print money and by teaming them up early it accelerates creation of the DCU for an eventual JL. I'm thinking The Flash for 2016 is likely if MOS 2 looks good to the Warner suits after they watch the dailies. People can call what WB is doing cynical and driven by business, but IMO because they are trying to catch up to Marvel as far as ensemble Super hero film goes, it is just good business....Show business!

Stephen K. Hone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #52
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Btw have people forgotten JL was actually in pre production before TA. Unfortunately because of a lack of tax breaks in Australia it imploded. Doing a JL next would reek of copying Marvel but a Superman/Batman team up is an arrow that WB/DC has in its quiver that Disney/Marvel doesn't really have. The two biggest superhero characters (at least as far as recognizability goes) in the CBM World in a movie together should get a lot of butts in seats. If Bale come back it could be Avengers huge.

Stephen K. Hone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #53
X Knight
Saber Class

please......no Bale.

new Cinematic Universe, new Batman.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #54
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

DC is just too desperate to imitate the Avengers effect. They didn't introduce Superman properly to the world in MOS and now he'll have to share the screen with Batman, a character who might steal his thunder with little problem.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #55
DieSmiling
WINNING

Too soon -- I would have preferred a Batman reboot and a MOS sequel before World's Finest, but it is what it is.

We'll probably get Justice League before we get a solo Batman, Wonder Woman, or GL film again too.

My fear is that WB is squandering their chance to "do it right" which should be so unbelievably easy because they own the rights to all of these characters... They're missing out on a chance to do "Avengers" numbers by screwing this up.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #56
bluearth
Side-Kick

Interesting in how people say this is Warner Brothers and DC copying Marvel when its actually them doing something totally different. Please remind me of the last Marvel film which featured two heroes this big teaming up? This is how Warner Brothers and DC will differentiate themselves from Marvel and Disney. They will have teamup films as well as solo films. Worried Wonder Woman cant hold up a film on her own? Warner Brothers and DC will team her up with someone else. Its a better, funner strategy then what Marvel is doing.

Heres the truth, studio execs know what we fans want and need more then we do ourselves. Im sure they've crunched the numbers, and found for every person who is upset Batman doesnt get his own origin film theres probably 50 more who do not want to see another Batman origin story when the last franchise just ended. Amazing Spiderman showed studios the audience does not want to set through another origin tale thats already been told not so long ago.

Also this will help flesh out the new cinematic DC unniverse. The characters need to spend quality time with eachother in films before Justice League. Its much better then leaving a Justice League buildup to after credits scenes and brief cameos at the end of films.

bluearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #57
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

This is technically probably closer to Spider-Man and Wolverine teaming up for a movie in the Marvel context than what the avengers was.

Bruce Malone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #58
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
From a business standpoint having a Superman Batman team up as a major plot point for MOS 2 is a brilliant idea. Batman in a movie is like a license to print money and by teaming them up early it accelerates creation of the DCU for an eventual JL. I'm thinking The Flash for 2016 is likely if MOS 2 looks good to the Warner suits after they watch the dailies. People can call what WB is doing cynical and driven by business, but IMO because they are trying to catch up to Marvel as far as ensemble Super hero film goes, it is just good business....Show business!
How does it being good business matter? Good business doesn't mean good movies. In fact usually it means the opposite.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:27 AM   #59
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Interesting in how people say this is Warner Brothers and DC copying Marvel when its actually them doing something totally different. Please remind me of the last Marvel film which featured two heroes this big teaming up? This is how Warner Brothers and DC will differentiate themselves from Marvel and Disney. They will have teamup films as well as solo films. Worried Wonder Woman cant hold up a film on her own? Warner Brothers and DC will team her up with someone else. Its a better, funner strategy then what Marvel is doing.

Heres the truth, studio execs know what we fans want and need more then we do ourselves. Im sure they've crunched the numbers, and found for every person who is upset Batman doesnt get his own origin film theres probably 50 more who do not want to see another Batman origin story when the last franchise just ended. Amazing Spiderman showed studios the audience does not want to set through another origin tale thats already been told not so long ago.

Also this will help flesh out the new cinematic DC unniverse. The characters need to spend quality time with eachother in films before Justice League. Its much better then leaving a Justice League buildup to after credits scenes and brief cameos at the end of films.
So what you're saying is that DC wants to get a Justice League movie. Which, in your mind is completely different than making The Avengers. Marvel also used post-credit scenes where two heroes were together. But DC has a problem: Superman and Batman are their only successful superheroes at the moment (which is not a problem for me, but it's that way) so they could hardly go the exact same way Marvel did.

Now kudos for "Heres the truth, studio execs know what we fans want and need more then we do ourselves."

Last edited by Senator Pleasury; 07-22-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:24 AM   #60
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

In a way,it'd be cool to have a solo Batman film first.But if they do it right (and yeah,given the talent involved,that's a pretty big "IF") it might be cool to see Bats originally from Supes eyes.We're learning about Batman when he does.He's a mystery.And Batman is probably the only character that can make that work.

Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:56 AM   #61
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
This is technically probably closer to Spider-Man and Wolverine teaming up for a movie in the Marvel context than what the avengers was.
I'd say Spider-Man and Iron Man teaming up.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #62
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
DC is just too desperate to imitate the Avengers effect. They didn't introduce Superman properly to the world in MOS and now he'll have to share the screen with Batman, a character who might steal his thunder with little problem.
That's what worry me the most.
Especially when you look back to all their team up animation, superman always being reduced and made as a fool to bring up batman.

As a superman fan, thing doesn't look good to me.

I'll wait cautiously to see how things go...

Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #63
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I'd say Spider-Man and Iron Man teaming up.
At this point yeah but i was thinking in the historical terms of each characters importance to their respective company.

Iron Man was never on Marvel's A team until recently with the film's. Like Superman and Batman, Spider-Man and Wolverine have been popular for decades with marvel.

Bruce Malone is online now   Reply With Quote