The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #251
J.Howlett

Default Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

Dropping the ball on Wonder Woman is not good for the image of the industry in the wake of Bella Swan and Katniss Everdeen.

If WB gets Wonder Woman right, that's a billion dollar franchise by itself. You don't understand how women would flock to that film if Wonder Woman was done right. You could have an almost 50/50 split in terms of men and women seeing that film, which almost never happens on films. Never.

I still think this sequel featuring Batman is the right move because it's not exactly like Marvel and it's technically it's own path....

It just has to be through the roof. If so, it gets easier for WB. Killed two birds with one stone.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #252
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Dropping the ball on Wonder Woman is not good for the image of the industry in the wake of Bella Swan and Katniss Everdeen.
Katniss Everdeen>>>>>Bella Swan.
Just had to put that out there.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #253
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Katniss Everdeen>>>>>Bella Swan.
Just had to put that out there.
Not disagreeing there.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #254
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
MoS was hugely successful, why shoehorn Batman back into Superman's limelight after you just had a trilogy?
If this was proposed instead of MOS1, I would be right there with you. But as a sequel I think there is alot of cool things that can be done in a superman story. Like I said elsewhere, War machine really hamper the Tony Stark story...etc. And Joker doesn't ruin a good batman story.

As for batman, yes he just had a mega successful trilogy, and the GA knows the character basically backwards and forwards in broad strokes. You don't have to give him a reboot film. You can either have him show up in JLA. You can have him show up in someone unknown's film in an attempt to sell it but end up stealing it on brand appeal alone(aquaman featuring tdk), or you can have him show up in his equals film and re-establish him for a new universe.

Quote:
Hell yes lol! One supreme thermonuclear bomb that will lay waste and usher in some competitive years on screen just as it has for decades in comics. I want anticipation on a humongous scale, and if JL ever happens, humongous scale will be their strongest selling point (it sure was with MoS, for me anyhow) so why not give us a proper Superman sequel using the two-ton crate full of unused villains and heroes at their disposal to make that special? I just don't think Batman needs any reintroduction this soon, why not save it for JL? Particularly when GL needs a helluva reintroduction and makeover, not to mention Flash, WW, MM or AM getting some love too. I think you might be underestimating the weapon WB just created...
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but just as I learned this comic con, WB can "win" with well placed poker hands as opposed to simply dropping the full house in the form of the end game..

Batman superman can compete with Disney and still give you more of a superman film than JLA can, whilst making the shareholders happy. I think everyone wins.

As for the other character, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #255
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:

If WB gets Wonder Woman right, that's a billion dollar franchise by itself. You don't understand how women would flock to that film if Wonder Woman was done right. You could have an almost 50/50 split in terms of men and women seeing that film, which almost never happens on films. Never.
Oh believe me, I absolutely understand it. Women drive most widely successful things to those stratospheres, whether it's music, movies, books, whatever the case. When it's done properly though, is the main caveat. I just believe getting WW wrong could be easy to do or else I think it would've been done already.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #256
tomoe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I think "Superman vs Batman" has a better ring and lies better in the mouth than "Batman vs Superman".
Why does it have to be vs at all. One of them, most likely superman, will come out looking bad/ get his @$$ kicked. If it were a better writer I would be more inclined to trust them to be fairly equally portrayed. Not with Goyer. I feel like he will think they're being portrayed equally but they really will not be.

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #257
J.Howlett

WB already showed it could compete with Marvel. It's called the Dark Knight Trilogy.

That's what kills me about this whole damn thing. WB didn't need a team up film to make a billion dollars in this genre. They did it with one character, TWICE. And Man of Steel isn't do shabby himself right now at the box office.

It took Marvel six films and placing all their characters in one move to hit that number. To me, that doesn't look as good as having one character do that number.

And yes, I know Iron Man 3 just hit a billion. But, we'll see about the rest of the characters. If Thor and Captain America only get a slight bump in box office, Marvel/Disney has an RDJ problem.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #258
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I can see it now. "We tried to make the fight equal. But due to the nature of the fight, Batman was prepared, and Superman wasn't. If Superman won, it would have defeated the purpose of the fight."-David Goyer, 2015 at a press conference

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #259
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
WB already showed it could compete with Marvel. It's called the Dark Knight Trilogy.

That's what kills me about this whole damn thing. WB didn't need a team up film to make a billion dollars in this genre. They did it with one character, TWICE. And Man of Steel isn't do shabby himself right now at the box office.

It took Marvel six films and placing all their characters in one move to hit that number. To me, that doesn't look as good as having one character do that number.

And yes, I know Iron Man 3 just hit a billion. But, we'll see about the rest of the characters. If Thor and Captain America only get a slight bump in box office, Marvel/Disney has an RDJ problem.
1. Batman is more popular and well known (pre-avengers) than all the Marvel characters in the MCU.
2. Man of Steel didn't do THAT much better than IM (especially when you take into account 3D boost and inflation AND the fact that IM was a B-list superhero at the time).
3. It doesn't matter what Cap and Thor get, a lot of people will still say Marvel has an RDJ problem because those movies aren't going to get IM3 numbers. That isn't targeted at you by the way.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.

Last edited by Ms. Marvel; 07-22-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #260
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
i have a very bad feeling about this movie...
i have a great feeling of this movie... Epicness

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #261
X Knight
Saber Class

hey.....men would flock to a WW movie, too.........

I mean......as long as she's hot and all.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #262
Sabaoth
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
hey.....men would flock to a WW movie, too.........

I mean......as long as she's hot and all.......
If that were true then Sucker Punch would have been a hit.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #263
presidentsaad
Side-Kick

Question: If Hans Zimmer is scoring the sequel - does he have to create a new Batman theme?

presidentsaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #264
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentsaad View Post
Question: If Hans Zimmer is scoring the sequel - does he have to create a new Batman theme?
I would think so. They did use a different Batman logo.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #265
Loki882
Side-Kick

Wow, people are really jumping the gun based on no evidence, how many times must they be proven wrong before they stop doing this every single time?

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #266
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I think the situation though is a bit different this time around compared to previous times involving "jumping the gun".lol

I mean, I think it's safe to say that Batman is a proverbial "game changer" here, the wild card factor if you will.

Well that, and people are just mainly upset that we're not getting our well deserved and earned solo sequel.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #267
Loki882
Side-Kick

We have no idea what the sequel is about, how big Batman's role is, who the villain is, or anything else for that matter. Lets at least for actual relevant info before we start declaring how sucky the movie will be, that's all 'm saying. If it sucks then I'll moan more than most (Batman is my favorite CB character ever).

Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #268
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Can we really call this a sequel though?lol

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #269
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yes, it has the main cast returning and will build off the events of the first film (Snyder said that it will address Superman killing Zod). It's a sequel, just with a guest star (like BW and Nick Fury in IM 2).

Old 07-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #270
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Can we really call this a sequel though?lol
Why not?

Old 07-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #271
Sundancer
Cynicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yes, it has the main cast returning and will build off the events of the first film (Snyder said that it will address Superman killing Zod). It's a sequel, just with a guest star (like BW and Nick Fury in IM 2).

I just don't Batman as a supporting character.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #272
Loki882
Side-Kick

Supporting characters can still be an important one. I think that he'll be in the shadows for most of the movie and his motives and reason for being there will be unclear.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #273
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I'm happy Henry is getting a SEQUEL! But in regards to Batman how can they make an all new Batman with the same people from the former Batman? Also the actor has to carry his own film while at the same time being equal with Superman in his film.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #274
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaoth View Post
If that were true then Sucker Punch would have been a hit.
but.......but..........BOOBS!!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #275
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Supporting characters can still be an important one. I think that he'll be in the shadows for most of the movie and his motives and reason for being there will be unclear.
He is the Night!!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!