The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #276
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

i swear people act like snyder and goyer dont give 2 ****s about superman

like them 2 and wb didn't try their hardest to get this icon rebooted to the big screen and like he was'nt done with respect and care

like they are gonna throw all that hard work that made people like and care about a modern superman just to make a man who just had a trilogy look cool

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #277
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Yes, it has the main cast returning and will build off the events of the first film (Snyder said that it will address Superman killing Zod). It's a sequel, just with a guest star (like BW and Nick Fury in IM 2).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Why not?
I say that only because this situation reminds me of the whole "X-Men: Days of Future Past" Scenario, along with the inclusion of "The Wolverine".

I know that there are some posters who are disappointed that we're not getting a full on direct sequel to First Class and that the new X-Men film coming out will feature both past and present properties. The reason why some are disappointed is because of Wolverine's prominence (ala the Batman in our scenario) in this film once more, which fans of First Class were hoping to avoid for their given sequel.

Plus, in the same time, people were hoping to continue on with the story that was last scene at the end of "First Class".

And in regards to "The Wolverine" comparison, while it takes place after X-Men 3, most notably, on how wolverine is adapting to Jean's death, in the same time, it's not really about X-Men as well.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #278
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i swear people act like snyder and goyer dont give 2 ****s about superman

like them 2 and wb didn't try their hardest to get this icon rebooted to the big screen and like he was'nt done with respect and care

like they are gonna throw all that hard work that made people like and care about a modern superman just to make a man who just had a trilogy look cool
Sounds eerily familiar with the salkinds and the first three Superman films.haha

Old 07-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #279
Loki882
Side-Kick

The Wolverine doesn't even have X-Men in the title, and Mangold made it clear that the film was focused on Logan and his journey. Snyder made it clear that WF would be a SUPERMAN SEQUEL, just with Batman in it.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #280
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
The Wolverine doesn't even have X-Men in the title, and Mangold made it clear that the film was focused on Logan and his journey. Snyder made it clear that WF would be a SUPERMAN SEQUEL, just with Batman in it.
True, though I think it's the inclusion of Batman's logo with Superman's for this film that's throwing everyone for a loop here, and should the film actually end up being called Batman vs Superman, then I think it's safe to assume that some will lose hope in even thinking this film is a direct sequel to MOS unless Snyder and Goyer establish that themselves later on.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #281
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
True, though I think it's the inclusion of Batman's logo with Superman's for this film that's throwing everyone for a loop here, and should the film actually end up being called Batman vs Superman, then I think it's safe to assume that some will lose hope in even thinking this film is a direct sequel to MOS unless Snyder and Goyer establish that themselves later on.
I am hoping so much we don't get a "vs" titled movie. That would be awful.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #282
Loki882
Side-Kick

That's why people are jumping the gun, we don't know what the movie will be about. Lets wait and see (give it six months, or until SDCC 2014).

Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #283
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I say that only because this situation reminds me of the whole "X-Men: Days of Future Past" Scenario, along with the inclusion of "The Wolverine".

I know that there are some posters who are disappointed that we're not getting a full on direct sequel to First Class and that the new X-Men film coming out will feature both past and present properties. The reason why some are disappointed is because of Wolverine's prominence (ala the Batman in our scenario) in this film once more, which fans of First Class were hoping to avoid for their given sequel.

Plus, in the same time, people were hoping to continue on with the story that was last scene at the end of "First Class".

And in regards to "The Wolverine" comparison, while it takes place after X-Men 3, most notably, on how wolverine is adapting to Jean's death, in the same time, it's not really about X-Men as well.
Interesting perspective.
I would say that those xmen films have been continually shown to push wolverine to the forefront, though this time is clearly different(these films didn't have fassbender and oscar darling Jlaw in tow before..etc). We haven't seen who these producers push to the forefront...outside of superman himself. Superman and a fleshed out Zod and still MOS was still very much Superman. Villain or no. It's all about pro and antagonistic forces.

Here's how I see it. TDK was very much a fully fleshed out(though rushed at the end) Harvey Dent story. In a way it was Batman movie featuring the tragic hero harvey dent and his love interest. If you walk away from that movie up that batman's shine was stolen, you are probably fan boying a little too hard. If you can how that movie works on all fronts, you might be open minded to a Worlds Finest film.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #284
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
That's why people are jumping the gun, we don't know what the movie will be about. Lets wait and see (give it six months, or until SDCC 2014).
don't do you dare speak with logic and common sense!!!

those are FORBIDDEN!!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #285
Loki882
Side-Kick

What can I say X Knight, I'm a rebel with many causes. Also, I want Kara in WF as well.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #286
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well ultimately, i think it'll really depend on what's revealed regarding on why Batman is in this story and for what purpose (for narrative purposes).

If Goyer and snyder put him here with the arc of trying to show the world on who the better hero is, then we could be in trouble.

However, if the two placed him in the story to show on how Batman and Superman became united and good brothers-in-arms type of friends, then we're good...somewhat.lol

Old 07-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #287
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Thumbs up Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

Quote:

Absolutely!!! I can't believe I didn't draw that comparison earlier when I was stating my case, but that's exactly how I feel about Future Past and now this sequel.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #288
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well i just hope that Snyder and Goyer are aware of some of the reactions that this announcement has gotten and that they don't think that this news was accepted by everyone universally.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #289
Loki882
Side-Kick

Considering the reaction that they got an comic-con (both before and after the announcement), I'd say that they're doing something right.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #290
smallville fan
Hero

Regarding that Dark Knight Returns quote, and how they said that it might be used, what if it wasn't Bruce Wayne/Batman saying that? This guy has an interesting theory that it could be Lex Luthor who says that instead, I'm cool with that and it would make more sense as well.

Just check out this video:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #291
Loki882
Side-Kick

Or it was used to get the crowd at SDCC excited/give them a hint of what was coming and won't be in the movie at all

Old 07-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #292
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Regarding that Dark Knight Returns quote, and how they said that it might be used, what if it wasn't Bruce Wayne/Batman saying that? This guy has an interesting theory that it could be Lex Luthor who says that instead, I'm cool with that and it would make more sense as well.

Just check out this video:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That's pretty clever.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #293
Loki882
Side-Kick

I Lex Luthor, the greatest criminal mind of the modern age, will now place by hands around your throat Superman, and I want you to remember the great criminal mind of the only man who ever beat you, who also has a great criminal mind (oh Hackman, you never cease to amuse me).

Old 07-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #294
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Or it was used to get the crowd at SDCC excited/give them a hint of what was coming and won't be in the movie at all
True, but if they did incorporate it, I feel it's more appropriate for Lex Luthor to say it. If he did I would have tears of joy and goosebumps, just imagine this:

(Superman is all bloodied and beaten on the ground with his costume in tatters in the big climatic battle with Lex in the Zod armor with Kryptonite ring)

(Camera moves to close-up of Lex with his hands at Superman's throat)

Lex: "I want you to remember you disgusting filthy... ALIEN!"

(Camera flashes to Clark's bloody face as he gasps to breathe)

Lex: "In all the years to come in your most private moments"

(Camera flashes to Clark's bloody face again as he slowly passes out)

Lex: "I want you to remember my hand at your throat"

(Camera then flashes to Lois running in and witnessing the ensuing scene and starts to tear up with hand at the mouth)

Lex: "I want you to remember the one man who beat you, LEX LUTHOR!"

Lois: "NO!"

(As Lex moves to deliver the killing blow smoke bombs roll in releasing smoke disorienting Lex)

(Batman jumps out, punching Lex out of the way, then carries Clark and Lois to safety)

Last edited by smallville fan; 07-22-2013 at 11:23 PM.
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #295
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well ultimately, i think it'll really depend on what's revealed regarding on why Batman is in this story and for what purpose (for narrative purposes).

If Goyer and snyder put him here with the arc of trying to show the world on who the better hero is, then we could be in trouble.

However, if the two placed him in the story to show on how Batman and Superman became united and good brothers-in-arms type of friends, then we're good...somewhat.lol
This is what I'm hoping for/counting on. And I think that relationship between the two is an essential part of the Superman mythos.

JangoNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #296
Loki882
Side-Kick

I keep saying, throw WW in there and make it a Trinity film. Talk about epic.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #297
Tra-El
Side-Kick

I really do have this feeling the Bat isn't going to be fully fledged out until the end of the movie. I think Bruce Wayne is going to be working in the story as a side-plot sparingly while Superman builds his cast around him and probably Luthor. I think we won't see Batman in his full suite until an end confrontation that will lead into Justice League.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #298
Loki882
Side-Kick

He'll be in the shadows with ambiguous motives. Then Lois will find out everything about him (including his identity) because she is just that awesome, go Lois!

Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #299
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
He'll be in the shadows with ambiguous motives. Then Lois will find out everything about him (including his identity) because she is just that awesome, go Lois!
I like that. Then you have a nice three way between Lois, Batman, and Bruce, and can lead to a lot of character moments. I like the idea of Lois knowing Bruce is Batman without telling Clark her knowledge.

Like she's keeping it just to have some kind of leverage in case something happens. I'd also like it if in a Justice League movie she throws it in the garbage or shredder and some criminal pieces it together but dies mysteriously.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #300
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well i just hope that Snyder and Goyer are aware of some of the reactions that this announcement has gotten and that they don't think that this news was accepted by everyone universally.
No news will be accepted by everyone universally. The Gov could announce a cure for cancer tomorrow and people would find a way to complain about potential over population

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote