The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-23-2013, 12:23 AM   #301
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I keep saying, throw WW in there and make it a Trinity film. Talk about epic.
I agree; if this film had Wonder woman, it may give them the chance to balance things out more.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #302
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I like that. Then you have a nice three way between Lois, Batman, and Bruce, and can lead to a lot of character moments. I like the idea of Lois knowing Bruce is Batman without telling Clark her knowledge.

Like she's keeping it just to have some kind of leverage in case something happens. I'd also like it if in a Justice League movie she throws it in the garbage or shredder and some criminal pieces it together but dies mysteriously.
This sounds like a scenario from Pirates involving Jack Sparrow, Elizabeth, and Will.lol

Old 07-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #303
Loki882
Side-Kick

Except without Depp being a gay pirate, Bloom being unbelievably boring, and Kiera Knightly being hot in about twelve different costumes.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #304
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I agree; if this film had Wonder woman, it may give them the chance to balance things out more.
I'd be happier if the movie was a trinity movie.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #305
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I'd be happier if the movie was a trinity movie.
Agreed.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #306
Loki882
Side-Kick

Seriously Batman/Superman have had FIFTEEN theatrically released movies between them, yet WW (the most iconic female hero ever and the third member of the Trinity) can't even get one, SERIOUSLY!!

Old 07-23-2013, 12:30 AM   #307
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

A part of me kind of wishes that this was a JL film instead of an WF's one. I would have enjoyed looking towards a JL one than this tbh.

No matter how many good and well thought out posts I read from other people regarding on how good this film "may" be, I just can't find myself looking forward to this film.

For the first time in my life as being a Superman film, I"m actually not looking forwards towards a film with him in it. Hell, I'm more excited about Captain America: Winter Soldier than this film.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #308
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
True, but if they did incorporate it, I feel it's more appropriate for Lex Luthor to say it. If he did I would have tears of joy and goosebumps, just imagine this:

(Superman is all bloodied and beaten on the ground with his costume in tatters in the big climatic battle with Lex in the Zod armor with Kryptonite ring)

(Camera moves to close-up of Lex with his hands at Superman's throat)

Lex: "I want you to remember you disgusting filthy... ALIEN!"

(Camera flashes to Clark's bloody face as he gasps to breathe)

Lex: "In all the years to come in your most private moments"

(Camera flashes to Clark's bloody face again as he slowly passes out)

Lex: "I want you to remember my hand at your throat"

(Camera then flashes to Lois running in and witnessing the ensuing scene and starts to tear up with hand at the mouth)

Lex: "I want you to remember the one man who beat you, LEX LUTHOR!"

Lois: "NO!"

(As Lex moves to deliver the killing blow smoke bombs roll in releasing smoke disorienting Lex)

(Batman jumps out, punching Lex out of the way, then carries Clark and Lois to safety)
That sounds too uniform, but I like it overall.
(Batman jumps out, punching Lex out of the way, who gets knocked back toward Lois, and he grabs her, holding her by her throat as a human shield. Superman strains and manages a tiny bit of heat vision near Lex. Lex taunts him for missing, then Batman sneaks behind Luthor. Luthor raises his gauntlets up to hit Batman, but Lois headbutts Luthor and knocks him out. Batman calms Lois, and puts the Kryptonite back into to the lead box.Superman thanks him, and then flies an unconscious Luthor near a tv station, in order to publicly humiliate him (like Luthor has tried to do earlier).

That's a nice three way attack. Supes isn't a total wimp, Batman is spared a walloping by Lois, and Superman is saved by Batman, but he also returns the favor by distracting Lex.

But I liked most of that description. It had a real sense of energy to it.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #309
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
That sounds too uniform, but I like it overall.
(Batman jumps out, punching Lex out of the way, who gets knocked back toward Lois, and he grabs her, holding her by her throat as a human shield. Superman strains and manages a tiny bit of heat vision near Lex. Lex taunts him for missing, then Batman sneaks behind Luthor. Luthor raises his gauntlets up to hit Batman, but Lois headbutts Luthor and knocks him out. Batman calms Lois, and puts the Kryptonite back into to the lead box.Superman thanks him, and then flies an unconscious Luthor near a tv station, in order to publicly humiliate him (like Luthor has tried to do earlier).

That's a nice three way attack. Supes isn't a total wimp, Batman is spared a walloping by Lois, and Superman is saved by Batman, but he also returns the favor by distracting Lex.

But I liked most of that description. It had a real sense of energy to it.
Thanks I'm no script-writer but something like this would be great and introduces something new.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:50 AM   #310
Project862006
Banned User

never understand fans wb cant win at all

superman doesn't throw a punch

now he throws too many

i want world's finest film said every dc fan since 2006
batman is gonna overtake the movie now

meh..

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #311
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Now the punch thing, that I don't understand at all as well.

However, with the world's finest thing, I just think it's bad timing. It's like having the Avengers released right after "The Incredible Hulk" was shown.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #312
Loki882
Side-Kick

WF is two characters, who have each had successful movies in the recent past (or three in Batman's case). Thor and CA had never had movies and TA had six heroes (plus Fury, Hill, Coulson, Loki, etc). WF has two.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #313
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Now the punch thing, that I don't understand at all as well.

However, with the world's finest thing, I just think it's bad timing. It's like having the Avengers released right after "The Incredible Hulk" was shown.
It's true, I think Snyder needs to say more in interviews until we are eased into this. If Snyder/Goyer says that Batman won't interfere with Superman's own individual story and that we get a decent follow-up story to MOS+the presence of a one Lex Luthor then we would be more comfortable.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #314
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

It doesn't change the fact that Superman should have gotten a sequel that didn't require Batman to be a part of it.

And the last time that Superman had a successful film was back in 1980 (before MOS I mean).

No matter how well some may word it on how Batman can serve the story better, that doesn't change the fact that Superman will not be getting a trilogy that's free of other major DC heroes.

After Batman is done here, he'll go on to have his own new trilogy once more and I can bet that he won't be having Superman drop by or any other major DC player that isn't a part of his own given universe and mythology.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #315
Loki882
Side-Kick

MOS came out a month ago, that's pretty recent. Batman was in 2005, 2008, and 2012 respectively. There were never not going to be appearances by other heroes, Snyder made that clear. It was the same for the MCU.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #316
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

So apparently Goyer said the title is most likely "Batman vs. Superman".

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #317
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
It doesn't change the fact that Superman should have gotten a sequel that didn't require Batman to be a part of it.

And the last time that Superman had a successful film was back in 1980 (before MOS I mean).

No matter how well some may word it on how Batman can serve the story better, that doesn't change the fact that Superman will not be getting a trilogy that's free of other major DC heroes.

After Batman is done here, he'll go on to have his own new trilogy once more and I can bet that he won't be having Superman drop by or any other major DC player that isn't a part of his own given universe and mythology.

"Doesn't change the fact that Superman will not be getting a trilogy that's free of other major DC heroes." That's actually.. not as bad as you are making it out to be.

Comics tend to have heroes go in and out of the stories quite a bit. Sure, Batman will still have the nepotistical advantage on WB. But when one thinks about it, Superman can be more significant in the long run for laying new groundwork FOR more adaptations of OTHER heroes in the DCU.

Once MOS2 and or WF is out, DC will have pretty much maxed out the big two. I'm looking forward to the Flash, though I would STROoongly prefer a Wonder Woman movie first.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #318
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
No-one has ever said that MoS 2 has to have Batman in it; that's just the route that Warner Bros. and Snyder and Co. have chosen to take.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #319
Loki882
Side-Kick

Of course they will butt heads initially, they're polar opposites. They will eventually put their differences aside and team up.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #320
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
So apparently Goyer said the title is most likely "Batman vs. Superman".
wish they would keep man of steel in the title. Man of steel: world's finest would be perfect.

Dispatch Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:19 AM   #321
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I love Batman, but would love to see the butthurt if he loses.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:26 AM   #322
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
I love Batman, but would love to see the butthurt if he loses.
Lmao

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #323
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Just because they're kind of heavily touting a 'Batman vs. Superman' vibe and have registered the domain name BatmanVs.Superman.Com doesn't automatically mean that the film will be have that phrase in its title.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #324
Project862006
Banned User

how does he lose w/o dying if you want to be all realism if a superman gut punch to a fellow kryptonian wearing kryptonian armor who has been used to the earth's sun would send him flying 10 feet into a car

what would that do to a mortal in hockey pads

unless we get immortal healing factor batman lol

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #325
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Wonder Woman cameo near the end where she says, "You two didn't think that you were the only superheroes and that they all were men! All hail the mighty uterus!"

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote