The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #326
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
Lmao
'HOW DARE YOU have Superman BEAT Batman!!! Batman beats everybody! He's smarter than everybody! He never EVEN BLEEDS!'

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:34 AM   #327
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Wonder Woman cameo near the end where she says, "You two didn't think that you were the only superheroes and that they all were men! All hail the mighty uterus!"
That's getting into Axel Bruan territory

Old 07-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #328
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I love Batman, but would love to see the butthurt if he loses.
Yes, please.

titansupes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:12 AM   #329
StraightSix
Side-Kick

They aren't going to make Batman lose, WB won't allow it to their golden boy and cash cow

StraightSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #330
superadam87
Industry Chameleon

Trick 'r' Treat

Official Website: http://www.thefilmpundits.com
superadam87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #331
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

The two will fight to a stand still.

Clark: *a bit out of breath* You're good
Batman: ... I know

Old 07-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #332
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well Jonathan Nolan just confirmed that he won't be helping out with writing the film. So much for that idea.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:27 AM   #333
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
They aren't going to make Batman lose, WB won't allow it to their golden boy and cash cow
Stalemate. Clark gets the upper-hand but holds back mercifully, but grabs onto Bruce so he can't escape. Batman realizes he can't win, and taunts him, suggesting maybe Superman should do to him what he did to Zod or something like that. Superman gets angry, but Bruce changes the subject.

Etc.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:37 AM   #334
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well Jonathan Nolan just confirmed that he won't be helping out with writing the film. So much for that idea.
while i liked mos script goyer should have a co writer i think goyer is very good with plot,story,characters,etc,

but struggles with dialogue,and his structure can be a bit clunky and his 3rd acts are usually kinda forced but he is solid i just think WF can be good with him but it could be great with a solid co-writer

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:40 AM   #335
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

This could be what some of us will be like during the coming weeks with the news, especially if several unpleasant things are revealed in the process:

Old 07-23-2013, 01:45 AM   #336
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
So apparently Goyer said the title is most likely "Batman vs. Superman".
That title sounds like a bad B-Movie, I hope it's tentative.

Quote:
I love Batman, but would love to see the butthurt if he loses.
Me too!!

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:52 AM   #337
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Well that sucks.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #338
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Well that sucks.

Oh yeah, this is getting better and better by the minute.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #339
Project862006
Banned User

did half you guys even like mos?

honest question because it doesn't seem like it you would think this was a green lantern sequel or something

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:09 AM   #340
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
did half you guys even like mos?

honest question because it doesn't seem like it you would think this was a green lantern sequel or something
I enjoyed it a lot to be honest. Yeah, I recognized that the film had issues, but it was definitely a great film in my eyes, (maybe not an excellent one though). Though I think Steve Younis from "Superman Homepage" pretty much sums up my thoughts on this issue:

Quote:
On the afternoon of Saturday, June 20, "Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder took to the stage in Room 6A in the San Diego Convention Center during Comic-Con International 2013 to make an announcement.

"I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for supporting the movie," said Snyder of Man of Steel. "It was great working with such an awesome character and have everyone respond. But I wanted to come up personally, because I know there's been a lot of speculation about what we're doing, and I wanted it to come from me and say that it's official that we're going to do another Superman movie."

If he'd had stopped there I would have been doing cartwheels and jumping up and down with utter excitement... But he didn't. He went on to say...

"The truth is I'm not going to tell you what it's about, but I can say that maybe there's a single element that will be in the film that I could help you out with. And so I was thinking about how to do that, and I pored through the DC Universe to find a way to tell you this thing, and I came across a thing that might sum it up. We're writing it now, so it doesn't exist, but there's a thing to help you understand. So I have a friend here, Harry Lennix, who was in Man of Steel, and I bring him out because his voice is better than mine. He's going to read a little thing - we're not adapting this thing, but it will help you."

So Harry Lennix walks to the microphone and quotes the following dialog from Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" graphic novel:

"I want you to remember, Clark. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."

Now, I've highlighted a few words in the above dialog from Zack Snyder because I think they're important. Allow me to explain...

It's official. They're making "another Superman movie". Does that mean this next film will be a Superman movie or a movie that Superman is in? Sounds like the former, the way he said it, but your guess is as good as mine. And there is a difference. If this is a "World's Finest" or "Superman/Batman" movie, then it's a movie that Superman is in. If this is "Man of Steel 2" with Batman coming to Metropolis, then it's a Superman movie in which Batman is also included. I'd prefer the latter... but then I'd actually prefer Batman not be in the film at all. But I'll get to that...

Snyder was clear that they're "not adapting" Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" (which DC Entertainment already did as an animated movie earlier this year), so as Superman fans we can breath a sigh of relief. But did he use the quote from "The Dark Knight Returns" as a way to introduce Batman as the "single element that will be in the film," or is the quote an indication of the type of story they're going to be telling? Again, too early to tell as they're "writing it now" and the script "doesn't exist" yet.

The information provided by Snyder isn't much to go on, and different people will read different meanings in what little information we were given in the few minutes he was on stage.

There seems to have been three reactions to this announcement, perfectly highlighted by the different approaches various news media have taken when reporting on it:

Reaction #1 - "Man of Steel" Sequel Co-Starring Batman

Some of the headlines used include: "Superman is coming back and his co-star will be Batman", "Superman will return in a new movie ... with Batman", "Superman is Coming Back - This Time With Batman", and "Batman joins Superman for forthcoming movie".

Reaction #2 - Superman vs. Batman

Having heard Lennix read a quote from "The Dark Knight Returns", the headlines I read which believe this movie will focus on the two superheroes fighting each other include: "Batman to battle Superman in sequel", "Superman to Face Off Against Batman in Man of Steel Sequel", "Superman to face Batman in new superhero movie", and "Superman And Batman Battle In Man Of Steel 2".

Reaction #3 - Superman and Batman to Team Up

Other news media reported on this as a team-up movie, with headlines such as: "Superman and Batman teaming up for 'Man of Steel' sequel", "Batman, Superman to unite on big screen", "Batman and Superman Team Up in 2015", and "Superman, Batman to team up in new film".

Fan Reactions

These three categories seem to reflect not only the news headlines reporting on this announcement, but they also seem to mirror fan reactions.

Will this be a Superman movie with Batman thrown in for good measure? Will it be a "World's Finest" movie with the two characters teaming up to fight a common villain? Will it be inspired by Frank Miller's story and see Batman taking on Superman in an epic battle?

The speculation has lead to some heated debate across the internet. True to form, the reactions seem to have split the fandom down the middle. There are those who love the idea. Those who hate the idea. And those who sit somewhere in between.

My Reaction

Personally, I'm not exactly thrilled. I was hoping Warner Bros. would allow Superman to have another solo film before bringing in any other superheroes into the mix.

I understand the financial reasoning behind the decision. It makes good business sense to put your two biggest comic book characters in a movie together. It'll undoubtably be a huge financial success for Warner Bros.

But I'm not looking at it from their perspective. I'm looking at it from mine. A Superman fan's perspective. And my perspective, will be different to the perspective of other Superman fans, I'm sure.

And let me be clear... I'm a Superman fan. Yes, I'm also somewhat of a DC Universe fan, but that's mainly because Superman is a DC Universe character. I'm not a Batman fan. So my perspective will be different to those who love both Superman and Batman.

I feel somewhat cheated that they're throwing Batman in with Superman in this next movie. Imagine, as a Batman fan, after "Batman Begins" was released, if Warner Bros. had announced that instead of doing a what ended up being "The Dark Knight" that they'd instead decided to bring Superman in for the second Batman movie. It would be a slap in the face to Batman fans who were looking forward to seeing the continued development of the Batman character.

This feels like a slap in the face to Superman fans.

Call me selfish, but I wanted to see a stand-alone sequel to "Man of Steel" to further explore Superman's character in this new cinematic version, before seeing any of the other DC heroes come into play.

Batman fans got a trilogy of solo films. Why can't Superman fans enjoy the same deal?

Now we'll never truly be able to measure the success of this new Superman franchise, because we've only been given the one stand-alone movie. Even if this next movie is truly a sequel to "Man of Steel" (with Batman as a support character), the film's (likely) financial success will always be attributed to the inclusion of Batman.

Before you say, "But Steve, it's not a competition between Superman and Batman!". Tell that to Warner Bros., who decided to make this next movie's story a competition between Superman and Batman.

As a Superman fan, it once again stinks of "Batman to the Rescue," which seems to be the trend at DC Comics these days. All bow to the all-powerful and infallible Batman.

The fact that Snyder chose to have Lennix read a quote from "The Dark Knight Returns" only adds to the fears of fans who might feel the same way. If this truly is "another Superman movie" as Snyder announced, then we better not end up with a movie where Batman gets the upper hand on Superman.

Yes, Snyder said, "we're not adapting this thing," meaning they're not filming a movie based on "The Dark Knight Returns" story, but he added, "it will help you" in understanding what they're doing. Now in my view, the whole reason he had Lennix read that quote was because fans attending Comic-Con would automatically recognize it as a story that involved both Superman and Batman. But it has created some panic amongst Superman fans who don't want to see a movie where Batman betters Superman... especially if this is supposed to be a Superman sequel to begin with.

Don't get me wrong. I'm extremely happy that we'll get to see Henry Cavill play Superman again in another movie, and I'll be eagerly following this movie's progress over the next two years without a doubt.

Had this announcement come after the second movie in the "Man of Steel" franchise, I would have been thrilled. It's a stepping stone towards the "Justice League" movie. But bringing in Batman to what was announced as "another Superman movie" leaves me somewhat disappointed. I don't want Batman in a Superman movie. I want Batman (and Superman) in a "World's Finest" and/or "Justice League" movie.

What it boils down to is, as a Superman fan, I think it was a mistake to announce another Superman movie using a quote from "The Dark Knight Returns".

If you're going to make a "Superman/Batman" movie then announce it as such. Don't say we're making another Superman movie, but it'll have Batman in it. As a Superman fan that's not what I want to hear.

Steve

Old 07-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #341
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
'HOW DARE YOU have Superman BEAT Batman!!! Batman beats everybody! He's smarter than everybody! He never EVEN BLEEDS!'

Was Thor able to beat Iron Man in Avengers ? (though he should have)

That's the answer, the Box Office power.

Coming to this thread is underwhelming, there are WF threads in batman sub forum and Justice League sub forum, here some posters are overly negative.

As Jonah Nolan has confirmed, he won't be helping Goyer with the writing, I hope that Snyder brings in his trusted writer Kurt Johnstad to polish off the Script and dialogue by Goyer.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #342
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Was Thor able to beat Iron Man in Avengers ? (though he should have)

That's the answer, the Box Office power.

Coming to this thread is underwhelming, there are WF threads in batman sub forum and Justice League sub forum, here some posters are overly negative.

As Jonah Nolan has confirmed, he won't be helping Goyer with the writing, I hope that Snyder brings in his trusted writer Kurt Johnstad to polish off the Script and dialogue by Goyer.
I think Joss did a good job though on showing that if Iron Man and thor had kept going at it that Thor would have won though, plus, Iron Man was given a major boost that he normally wouldn't have been able to get had Thor not strike him with thunder so Joss found the right balance when he had those two go at it.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:25 AM   #343
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I think the movie will be a Superman movie which has Batman in it, it will introduce a new Batman, both heroes will initially be against each other and then they would develop some sort of understanding, towards the end.

*\S/T*
Old 07-23-2013, 02:28 AM   #344
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Jonah not in? Minus one point for that movie. Goyer must absolutely not be alone in writing MoS2/B&S/WF. Sucks.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:29 AM   #345
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

The thing is though, even IF it's a Superman movie WITH Batman, that won't change the opinions of the disgruntled folks (me included) that Batman is even in the picture to begin with. A lot of us didn't want to see Batman in this film at all, let alone this soon with Superman and while we get why Warner Bros. would do that regarding financial reasons, it still doesn't make any of us feel better about it.

Batman isn't a side character material, nor is he a side kick. He's the freaking Batman, considered to be one of the top three heroes of the DC Universe and he just had his own multi-billion franchise concluded.

Whether it's intentional or not, Batman will cast a shadow on the entire thing simply because of who he is.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:29 AM   #346
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Jonah not in? Minus one point for that movie. Goyer must absolutely not be alone in writing MoS2/B&S/WF. Sucks.
He's not alone in WF, he has Snyder.lol

Old 07-23-2013, 02:31 AM   #347
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
I think Joss did a good job though on showing that if Iron Man and thor had kept going at it that Thor would have won though, plus, Iron Man was given a major boost that he normally wouldn't have been able to get had Thor not strike him with thunder so Joss found the right balance when he had those two go at it.
Sorry, but it was difficult to believe that, Thor could have easily broken his armor by just one hammer throw, just look at how many time Stark's armor shatters to pieces in IM 3.

But, that's just my opinion.

*\S/T*
Old 07-23-2013, 02:34 AM   #348
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Sorry, but it was difficult to believe that, Thor could have easily broken his armor by just one hammer throw, just look at how many time Stark's armor shatters to pieces in IM 3.

That I know, I was just trying to say that I don't think Thor was fighting with the intent to kill. If he was, then he would have killed him. I mean, Thor ripped off his mask without any effort when Iron Man came crashing down onto the streets while being carried by the Hulk.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:40 AM   #349
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Quote:
just look at how many time Stark's armor shatters to pieces in IM 3.

Wasn't he going for quantity over quality by that point in regards to his armors. The mark 42 wasn't even rated for combat if I recall.

Let's remember that he took a tank shell to the face in Iron Man 1 that did little more than scratch his paint.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Upset Spideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:41 AM   #350
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Kurt Johnstad would actually be kind of bad as well, but slightly better than Goyer by himself.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote