The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #751
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Anyways, I'm hoping that we get some new info soon. I mean Marvel has been dishing out some new info every now and then since Comic Con regarding the Avengers' sequel, but not so much with this new film from Warner Bros.
Some new info would be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up since it's still early. I just want to know who the new Batman will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
I wish that we got MOS2 then World's Finest!
Well too f**king bad.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #752
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

They are not adapting The Dark Knight Returns .
Why would they reboot Batman by using a storyline in which he was RETIRED for at least a decade?

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #753
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
They are not adapting The Dark Knight Returns .
Why would they reboot Batman by using a storyline in which he was RETIRED for at least a decade?
They're only looking at the fight scene where Superman's a cheap caricature parody of himself. The real Superman character would be able withstand that nuke and is nothing like the Superman in Frank Miller's book.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #754
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I think once we get confirmation as to whether this film will be viewed as a direct or loose sequel, or even an entity onto itself, it’ll help us know on who’ll get the most focus in this film.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #755
shauner111
Side-Kick

Obviously it's a direct sequel.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #756
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I think it's a sequel in the sense that TA was a sequel to the phase 1 movies.

Not a direct MOS2 but a different animal. However, it's still a sequel by nature.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #757
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Obviously it's a direct sequel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I think it's a sequel in the sense that TA was a sequel to the phase 1 movies.

Not a direct MOS2 but a different animal. However, it's still a sequel by nature.

See what I mean folks?lol This is why i urge Snyder or Goyer to put an end to this debate for us and officially clarify on what this is being viewed as well.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #758
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Yeah, I don't expect this to be considered Man of Steel 2 as much as Superman/Batman 1.

I'm getting way too excited for this now!

Old 07-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #759
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

They've already said it's a direct sequel to MoS, and half of the cast have already been confirmed to return.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #760
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
See what I mean folks?lol This is why i urge Snyder or Goyer to put an end to this debate for us and officially clarify on what this is being viewed as well.
Perry White is back, that tells me it's still Superman-centric, but I'm sure that they'll give Bats a strong intro, so that'll take some strong screen time. Either way, I'm glad it's happening now.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #761
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
They've already said it's a direct sequel to MoS, and half of the cast have already been confirmed to return.
They only said that they’re working on another “Superman film” but they didn’t use the words “direct sequel”, much less “sequel” when describing this film and there’s a chance that given on how they’re still casting for this project, let alone writing for it, they might announced a whole set of characters from the batman universe to join the cast afterwards.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #762
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
They only said that they’re working on another “Superman film” but they didn’t use the words “direct sequel”, much less “sequel” when describing this film and there’s a chance that given on how they’re still casting for this project, let alone writing for it, they might announced a whole set of characters from the batman universe to join the cast afterwards.
One of the nice things about this is it gives them a legitimate reason to not use the Joker yet. It's probably still too soon. If they go back to tell Batman's story before this, the Joker can still be introduced as one of his oldest foes.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #763
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Another debate that will rage on until it's officially debunked.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #764
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Every report I've seen since the movie was announced describes it as being the Man of Steel sequel. To use the old adage, "If it walks like a duck and looks like a duck, it's probably a duck'; when you have numerous different articles referring to and describing it as being the Man of Steel sequel, that's probably what it is.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #765
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
One of the nice things about this is it gives them a legitimate reason to not use the Joker yet. It's probably still too soon. If they go back to tell Batman's story before this, the Joker can still be introduced as one of his oldest foes.
Another thing that we’re not sure yet is when did Bruce Wayne become Batman in this timeline? Goyer once said that Clark was technically the first hero to come out and emerge in the public and if the events of this film take place only a year after MOS, then if Goyer stays true to that logic above, Bruce would only have been Batman for less than a year, so that wouldn’t leave a lot of room to have established the connections that he has with his foes.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #766
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Another debate that will rage on until it's officially debunked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Every report I've seen since the movie was announced describes it as being the Man of Steel sequel. To use the old adage, "If it walks like a duck and looks like a duck, it's probably a duck'; when you have numerous different articles referring to and describing it as being the Man of Steel sequel, that's probably what it is.

True, though everyone said the same thing about Jenny being “Jenny Olsen” and it wasn’t until the filmmakers and producers were confronted about this that it was officially debunked.lol

And I guess one other big reason for why it’s being question as to whether this is officially MOS 2 or just WF is due to the presence of Batman’s logo in the official logo (current one for the time being) for the film that was presented at comic con.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #767
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Another thing that we’re not sure yet is when did Bruce Wayne become Batman in this timeline? Goyer once said that Clark was technically the first hero to come out and emerge in the public and if the events of this film take place only a year after MOS, then if Goyer stays true to that logic above, Bruce would only have been Batman for less than a year, so that wouldn’t leave a lot of room to have established the connections that he has with his foes.
If Superman was the first one to come out in public, Maybe Batman could have been around for a while but just lurking in the shadows. Nothing more than an urban legend to most.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #768
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nooo. Goyer and these guys don't work that way. It's a direct sequel to MOS, it's just not a solo film. Batman/Superman is a direct continuation to the events in MOS. It may be set a year later like TDK to Begins. But this is why we'll have Daily Planet scenes with Clark/Lois/Perry. It's why Lex will be in this. Goyer even said Clark will need learn from killing Zod and destroying the city in this movie. That will be addressed, so it's a direct sequel. It wont be some isolated experiment.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #769
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

It's a direct sequel by nature but this is a different animal from what MOS2 would have been. This is not MOS2 with Batman featuring. It's a Superman/Batman movie. I expect MOS2 to eventually show up down the line.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #770
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
It's a direct sequel by nature but this is a different animal from what MOS2 would have been. This is not MOS2 with Batman featuring. It's a Superman/Batman movie. I expect MOS2 to eventually show up down the line.
I really hope that this is the case. I wouldn't even mind if they jump around in the timelines like the X-Men do, as long as the continuity doesn't get that far out of hand. At the end of the whole DCU, I want to feel like I can watch the whole thing unfold linearly, I don't care when each installment was released.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #771
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Maybe Batman is some urban legend that's in a few tabloids, but his name's already been picked by the press so people might have heard of it. Maybe that's where those soldiers even got the idea to give Clark the name, "Superman".

Old 07-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #772
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Nooo. Goyer and these guys don't work that way. It's a direct sequel to MOS, it's just not a solo film. Batman/Superman is a direct continuation to the events in MOS. It may be set a year later like TDK to Begins. But this is why we'll have Daily Planet scenes with Clark/Lois/Perry. It's why Lex will be in this. Goyer even said Clark will need learn from killing Zod and destroying the city in this movie. That will be addressed, so it's a direct sequel. It wont be some isolated experiment.
Quote:
Honestly at this point, we know little or enough to assume that it can be either a WF film or even a MOS 2 film, since some have mentioned on how it’s possible that Goyer and Snyder may have planned this all along for the sequel to be this way.

Right now though, I’d argue that I think it’d be better not to overexpose Batman in this film since even though this is a new batman from Bale’s one, best not to try and shove this new one down our throats by making him the quintessential character of the story.

His introduce to audiences, and into the DCU, should be gradual.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #773
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I really hope that this is the case. I wouldn't even mind if they jump around in the timelines like the X-Men do, as long as the continuity doesn't get that far out of hand. At the end of the whole DCU, I want to feel like I can watch the whole thing unfold linearly, I don't care when each installment was released.
That would be an interesting route to take.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #774
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Honestly at this point, we know little or enough to assume that it can be either a WF film or even a MOS 2 film, since some have mentioned on how it’s possible that Goyer and Snyder may have planned this all along for the sequel to be this way.

Right now though, I’d argue that I think it’d be better not to overexpose Batman in this film since even though this is a new batman from Bale’s one, best not to try and shove this new one down our throats by making him the quintessential character of the story.

His introduce to audiences, and into the DCU, should be gradual.
Yeah, neither of us have any proof of what their plan is when it comes to this movie so I'll just stop for now.

I think it's best to make Batman a co-star in this so we can get a big chunk of him. That way when it's time for JL, they can focus on other heroes while still having Batman and Superman in the light. Just not as much in the light, because they've been explored adequately. But explore Batman enough and deepen his friendship with Clark so it isn't an issue in JL, then it can be something to expand on instead of exploring for the first time.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #775
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Maybe Batman is some urban legend that's in a few tabloids, but his name's already been picked by the press so people might have heard of it. Maybe that's where those soldiers even got the idea to give Clark the name, "Superman".
I don't even want any of the public to know Batman exists. I'd like to see him just be a myth among the police. Maybe he catches someone like Zsasz and he's the one that said that he was caught by the Batman. That would give him a name but keep him a mystery moving forward.