The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #826
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

There is nothing in that article to indicate that the CW chose The Flash over Amazon .
Edit: I reread the article.
Sorry to hear that Amaon is possibly dead.
But, I think they wll introduce WW in a JL film before anything else .

Last edited by Mysteryman; 07-30-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #827
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Rumours View Post
We already know they are rebooting Batman in the next Superman movie .

Last edited by Mysteryman; 07-30-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #828
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Anything regarding this movie should really be re-titled because its not really man of steel 2. Man of Steel 2 is going to come later, whereas this film is setting up the DC universe for JLA film. IMO.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #829
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Deadline is reporting that the Flash is headed to the small screen first. Instead of working on the Wonder Woman TV series, CW is going to introduce Flash on Arrow next season and then spin him off into his own series on the network.

Everyone remember this post...per this news, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that after this Man of Steel sequel that features Batman, the next film is TRINITY with the introduction of Wonder Woman.
Wasn't stated in on some other sites though that after this film, the current plan was to release a Flash film in 2016 and a JL film in 2017?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #830
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I think they should just make these two TV shows in the same universe as MoS and now this new Batman.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #831
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
Anything regarding this movie should really be re-titled because its not really man of steel 2. Man of Steel 2 is going to come later, whereas this film is setting up the DC universe for JLA film. IMO.
how do you figure?

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #832
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

As I posted in the other thread:

So the latest news is that the Flash will be a character on Arrow, followed by getting his own show in addition to a big screen(probably unrelated to the show) movie in the works for 2016. Hopefully this can stop the silly worrying about Deathstroke not being able to be villain in WF just because a version of him appears on Arrow.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #833
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

It's kind of funny that people (not talking about on SHH) are arguing if it is a Man of Steel sequel or a Batman/Superman "World's Finest" movie.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #834
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I'm pretty sure it's a Man of Steel sequel

Old 07-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #835
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Just like The Avengers is an Iron Man 2, Cap, Incredible Hulk, and Thor sequel.

WF doesn't seem like MOS2's replacement. I still think a proper MOS2 will come in time.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #836
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
I think they should just make these two TV shows in the same universe as MoS and now this new Batman.
Agreed. Much like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. That could easily have been a completely separate show.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #837
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Just like The Avengers is an Iron Man 2, Cap, Incredible Hulk, and Thor sequel.

WF doesn't seem like MOS2's replacement. I still think a proper MOS2 will come in time.
Absolutely. With Brainiac I assume.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #838
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Absolutely. With Brainiac I assume.
Yeah, now Brainiac can get the spotlight in MOS2. That is unless they want to bring back Lex in addition to Brainiac. Perhaps by then they can get a President Luthor thing going on.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #839
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
how do you figure?
Because MOS2 will only have superman. Even though there were hints about batman in MOS.. this new film (batman/superman) is being used to set up the shared universe, once that is taken place and a JLA movie, i'm assuming there will be another MOS solo film. Sort of like the "phase 2" if you will of the DC universe.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #840
STARMAN
Side-Kick

But when is MOS 2 supposed to occur? With Marvel they pretty much do the solo movies alongside Avengers. If another director was doing Superman/ Batman while Snyder was preparing MOS 2 then I would be more comfortable knowing we will get MOS 2 within a reasonable time. This still feels like a replacement for MOS 2 as of now.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #841
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

No one knows when MOS2 is happening yet.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #842
STARMAN
Side-Kick

And that's why I think some Superman fans are upset. They fear it will keep being shoved aside for Superman/Batman and Justice League. I'm actually looking forward to WF but I understand why some are disappointed in not having a MOS 2 first.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #843
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I don't know...I think this will be the sequel to Man of Steel. The way Snyder was talking that's how it sounds...

Old 07-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #844
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

It seems like people are still confused if it is a Man of Steel sequel that includes Batman, or a flat out separate WF movie.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #845
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

This is one of those things that people will debate until it's officially confirmed by Snyder or someone else working on it about what exactly this movie is.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #846
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Superman needs to be the primary character. Batman the back up. I realize that the Dark Knight trilogy is a separate entity but Batman doesn't need to be front and foremost in this movie and that pisses off that people want him to be...

Old 07-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #847
Carnage24
Side-Kick

I'm gonna chime in here and this is not directed at any comments in particular but rather just some general points covering what i've seen on here since the movie was announced.

First and foremost, the biggest problem I see is that everyone seems to be fixated with the Marvel method. It's almost like that its the only way to go forward. I just don't agree with that. I'm not sold on the idea of everything needing to be geared towards something bigger. In my opinion, of all the films Marvel have made in the MCU, only the first Iron Man and The Avengers stand out as exceptional films.

Looking at what Warner have done with the rebooting of the Batman character, the unexpected team up in the second MOS film and with The Flash appearing in Arrow, WB are doing the right thing and are not restricting themselves with where their characters can go. I don't understand how The Flash appearing in Arrow anyway affects Flash's future appearance in a film be it solo or in JL. The comics have different versions of characters, different portrayals, different Earths...we're happy to accept that and even embrace it but in film it seems to become a problem. Can't really see why other than because of what Marvel have done.

I believe in quality films being made and if that means a different version of Batman every time then so be it. As controversial as it might be, I enjoyed MOS far more than any Marvel film i've seen.

Lastly, I think it's pretty clear that Supes/Bats is the sequel to MOS. Also, I don't think you will get WB being lazy and just simply adding a digit onto the end of sequels. World's Finest for me.

Carnage24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #848
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I don't think it is clear that it's "the sequel" as it is not a Superman standalone film. If the characters are getting relative equal screentime in the film, it is a teamup WF situation. It could mean they are using it to springboard Justice League and skip a second Superman film, and instead of a trilogy we will get maybe one more standalone at some point and the rest will be teamup/JL.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #849
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage24 View Post
First and foremost, the biggest problem I see is that everyone seems to be fixated with the Marvel method. It's almost like that its the only way to go forward. I just don't agree with that. I'm not sold on the idea of everything needing to be geared towards something bigger. In my opinion, of all the films Marvel have made in the MCU, only the first Iron Man and The Avengers stand out as exceptional films.
Completely agree with this! I would actually prefer it if WB now stuck to this universe and just ha a few full on Justice Leagues, a few random team ups (Batman/Superman, Superman/Wonderwoman, Batman/Flash) and had a few solo films. It doesn't NEED to be solo, solo, solo, team-up, solo, solo, solo, solo team-up. It could be solo, slight team-up, Justice League, slight-team up, solo, Justice League, solo etc etc...

The Avengers is not the formula to go by.

Of course the GA would be sick of it after a while...

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #850
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I think one of the problems with this NOT being treated or viewed as MOS 2 and being a standalone film in the sense where it’s not a direct sequel to “Man of Steel” is that the filmmakers have to take into consideration that they won’t be able to have all of their principal actors/cast members around forever. I’m pretty sure that Amy will probably do at least three films as Lois Lane, but aside from that, who knows how many times they’ll be able to get her after that and I rather they not recast the character when Henry is still playing Superman.

Plus, if they were to use Lex in this “World’s Finest” film and then go to Brainiac for “Man of Steel 2”, who could they possibly use for Superman in “Man of Steel 3” that could top Brainiac? Lex again? And before anyone says Doomsday, I really doubt that they’ll devote three films to do the whole Death and Return of Superman arc and a film of that scale would definitely require the Justice League to be there as well.

I hope Snyder and company puts an end to this debate soon and I sure as hell hope they are aware of how there’s a large group of people who are feeling mixed about this situation, let alone on the issues that people had with MOS.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote