The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #851
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Default Re: MAN OF STEEL 2: Superman/Batman (2015)

look. The reason this is being compared to marvel is, from a monetary standpoint it makes the most sense for WB. In fact, you could argue that by doing WF instead of what marvel did IM2, they are actually setting themselves up for a bigger gain. I see them for the most part following the marvel formula but at the same time tinkering with it a bit like this. Here's what i see happening..

MOS
WF
The Flash
Maybe WW
JLA
Batman
MOS2
Flash2
and either WW 1 or 2
with possibly an Aquaman film.
JLA2

Now this looks like a lot of movies, however eventually i would expect WB to produce like marvel 2-3 films per year once things are better established.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:34 PM   #852
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Completely agree with this! I would actually prefer it if WB now stuck to this universe and just ha a few full on Justice Leagues, a few random team ups (Batman/Superman, Superman/Wonderwoman, Batman/Flash) and had a few solo films. It doesn't NEED to be solo, solo, solo, team-up, solo, solo, solo, solo team-up. It could be solo, slight team-up, Justice League, slight-team up, solo, Justice League, solo etc etc...

The Avengers is not the formula to go by.

Of course the GA would be sick of it after a while...
I think the bubble will pop on DC first, though. Marvel has enough franchises that exist whether they own the movie rights or not, while DC has the big two.

Unfortunately, if they make another "more serious" movie, they'll have a bit of backlash.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:08 PM   #853
Carnage24
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
look. The reason this is being compared to marvel is, from a monetary standpoint it makes the most sense for WB. In fact, you could argue that by doing WF instead of what marvel did IM2, they are actually setting themselves up for a bigger gain. I see them for the most part following the marvel formula but at the same time tinkering with it a bit like this. Here's what i see happening..
WB have already gone against the grain with the tone of their films. From a monetary stand point, it made more sense for them to make a Batman/Superman MOS sequel rather than MOS2. With the exception of The Justice League movie, I don't think WB have any intentions of copying the Marvel mould. Which makes me very, very happy.

Carnage24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #854
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

kingsjamin art and idea of the WF movie sound pretty cool actually...