The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-21-2013, 04:35 AM   #251
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

WB Executive: So what have you got for us in 2015 Snyder?
Zack: Well we're gonna do Lex and have Superman trying to tackle larger world issues.
WB Executive: ... It's missing something.
Zack: ?
WB Executive: Wait. I've got it. Add Batman.
Zack: ...
WB Executive: Do it.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:35 AM   #252
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

I'm a huge fan of both Superman and Batman, probably my two biggest favorites. But all in all I'm just a little bit more of a Superman fan.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:37 AM   #253
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I was so excited and then they had to mention TDKR. Now I am all worried and annoyed. AT least the Marvel news has been awesome.
I'm actually in the process of seriously considering on just watching marvel films at this point since this is like one of the biggest FU's that Warner Bros. could have done imho when it comes to a DC/Superman film and given the fact that it's batman who's the biggest issue with all of this, I refuse to support any more Batman films personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Dude.... It has been ONE DAY. Uno Dia. 1 24 hour span. 1/365th of an orbit of the Earth around Sol. Take a breath, remember that you actually liked MOS and wait until something more concrete comes down the pike. I myself am very happy at the news. MOS is now the foundation stone of the DCCU, and the team that brought me that film is giving me a movie with Superman AND Batman. Coming to SHHYPE I expect some hype. Does Snyder have to tow a certain amount of the company line if he wants to keep playing with WB's toys? Yeah. But we have already seen his Superman. Why is that not enough to keep the faith as it were? And yes, I know you can come up with a million of your own reasons why I am wrong. I am just saying, I was satisfied with MOS to the point that I even accepted things (Somber tones/SNAPPING/a story with no outs and consequences) that if I had told myself a year ago about I would not believe it. I took the leap of faith. Now.... Well I guess I trust this team until I have proof that I can't.
That's the thing though, I don't have any faith or trust in Snyder or Warner Bros. to do the right thing anymore. Using the Dark Knight Returns as a inspiration, especially the quote where Batman proved that he was superior to Superman, followed by how we're likely to get Lois Lane involved with Batman romantically and how Batman will likely save the day since people seem to find that idea more compelling, I just don't care about this film.

One announcement is what it took to really destroy my faith in them in doing Superman right from here on out.

I may not even buy MOS on blu-ray since it'll just be a bad reminder that all of that potential was wasted.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #254
CGHulk
Green Guy

The current slate of Marvel films in production
Quote:
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

X-Men: Days of Future Past

The Fantastic Four

Untitled The Amazing Spider-Man sequels

Thor: The Dark World

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Ant-Man
What DC has in production

Quote:
Only a Worlds Finest film

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:39 AM   #255
sf2
Side-Kick

Why couldn't they just announce MOS sequel without mentioning the batman???!!!

I really don't like the idea.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:40 AM   #256
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHulk View Post

DC will catch up, but after Green Lantern I am sure they are cautious.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #257
CGHulk
Green Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
DC will catch up, but after Green Lantern I am sure they are cautious.
Because the suits at WB suck at making movies! Marvel is winning because their creative control are well creative, not some board members who was promoted because he or she was someones boyfriend or girlfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Why couldn't they just announce MOS sequel without mentioning the batman???!!!

I really don't like the idea.
Neither do I!

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Last edited by CGHulk; 07-21-2013 at 04:48 AM.
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #258
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

They also are gearing up to get Flash and the Justice league film out as well..supposedly 2016 and 17.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #259
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

In theory, putting Batman in this could give more substance to the drama, as Bruce and Clark learn to trust one another.

In theory. I didn't hate Man of Steel, but I didn't love it, either. Hope they take time on this script. 2015 seems too early.

Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:44 AM   #260
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
In theory, putting Batman in this could give more substance to the drama, as Bruce and Clark learn to trust one another.

In theory. I didn't hate Man of Steel, but I didn't love it, either. Hope they take time on this script. 2015 seems too early.
They have about a year, maybe less to work on the script..I really doubt that they have much time to get it right.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:44 AM   #261
Project862006
Banned User

sorry but herolee get a damn grip you have been complaining since the news hit with like 50 or so posts hating it your getting kinda of annoying and i like you

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #262
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm actually in the process of seriously considering on just watching marvel films at this point since this is like one of the biggest FU's that Warner Bros. could have done imho when it comes to a DC/Superman film and given the fact that it's batman who's the biggest issue with all of this, I refuse to support any more Batman films personally.

That's the thing though, I don't have any faith or trust in Snyder or Warner Bros. to do the right thing anymore. Using the Dark Knight Returns as a inspiration, especially the quote where Batman proved that he was superior to Superman, followed by how we're likely to get Lois Lane involved with Batman romantically and how Batman will likely save the day since people seem to find that idea more compelling, I just don't care about this film.

One announcement is what it took to really destroy my faith in them in doing Superman right from here on out.

I may not even buy MOS on blu-ray since it'll just be a bad reminder that all of that potential was wasted.

I am speaking total truth here my friend: You are really overreacting over the use of one quote at a comic book convention. Maybe that was not indicating anything other than they knew how to get the attention of the live audience they were in front of? A majority fanboy audience?

From that one quote you now KNOW with total certainty that 1. Batman is going to be romancing Lois. 2. It will be written to have Batman overshadow Superman. 3. Miller's TDR will have some great influence.
Please my friend... Can you give me next weeks Power Ball numbers while you still have this psychic gift?

My advice is calm down. Your body mind and spirit will thank you.

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:48 AM   #263
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
sorry but herolee get a damn grip you have been complaining since the news hit with like 50 or so posts hating it your getting kinda of annoying and i like you

lol; and I say this with all honesty; I'd say, give me about a week AT THE MOST to cope with this news.lol

I should be back to normal..or at least...Neutral about the topic, by then.lol

The only reason why I was so taken aback is because this news was something that I wasn't expecting..nor wishing...at all.lol

It'd be like waking up one morning and finding out that Amy Adams isn't coming back and that Kristin Stewart is going to play the role next.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:49 AM   #264
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post

I think he's worse now than when the MOS reviews were unleashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
WB Executive: So what have you got for us in 2015 Snyder?
Zack: Well we're gonna do Lex and have Superman trying to tackle larger world issues.
WB Executive: ... It's missing something.
Zack: ?
WB Executive: Wait. I've got it. Add Batman.
Zack: ...
WB Executive: Do it.
Someone forgot to add the sound of the their whip cracking and Snyder saying "Yes sirs, another".

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:51 AM   #265
smallville fan
Hero

I agree with a lot of herolee's points, it's too soon for World's Finest, World's Finest should be the 3rd movie with Cavill as Superman. MOS 2 should have been Superman's character being fleshed out more.

smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:53 AM   #266
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I agree with a lot of herolee's points, it's too soon for World's Finest, World's Finest should be the 3rd movie with Cavill as Superman. MOS 2 should have been Superman's character being fleshed out more.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #267
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
That's what I think too.

Kryptonian Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #268
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:

Now you are reaching. How are you blaming a character?

Quote:

You are comparing two completely different things. Especially when you bring up three separate studios. The only one with even good quality control is Marvel Studios.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:56 AM   #269
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

The problem isn't the inclusion of Batman. The problem is how they will handle it. If it is the Batman rolls over Superman show, there is no point.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #270
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Marvel - Dedicated studio for Movies
Sony - Spider-Man Sony's biggest earner (right?)
Fox - Have to make movies or the right revert

3 studios all with reasons for making Marvel movies

WB - not a dedicated superhero studio, Batman was big but isn't WB highest earner, also they produce other movies. Also Batman and Superman aside WB superhero efforts have all pretty much failed. Therefore you aren't going to see more than two DC movies from WB a year.

WB's idea was to concentrate on quality rather than quantity until GL shot that down in a hail of bullets.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #271
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

How many Superman movies have been made ? Six.

STM, Superman 2, Superman 3, Superman 4, Superman Returns and Man of Steel.

(Not to mention TV series like Superboy, Lois and Clark, Smallville)

How many Batman movies have been made ?

Batman, Batman returns, Batman forever, Batman and Robin, Batman begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark knight Rises. Seven.

(And Adam west TV series.)

And some of You think that getting a Batman / Superman movie is too early ?

*\S/T*

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 07-21-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #272
sf2
Side-Kick

Doh Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:

I sorta agree. MOS isnt complete. They make us want to have more... then they change the direction right away... wtf??? All the great potential would just waste to the drain.
Batman is such a powerful icon you cant do him less.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #273
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Marvel - Dedicated studio for Movies
Sony - Spider-Man Sony's biggest earner (right?)
Fox - Have to make movies or the right revert

3 studios all with reasons for making Marvel movies

WB - not a dedicated superhero studio, Batman was big but isn't WB highest earner, also they produce other movies. Also Batman and Superman aside WB superhero efforts have all pretty much failed. Therefore you aren't going to see more than two DC movies from WB a year.

WB's idea was to concentrate on quality rather than quantity until GL shot that down in a hail of bullets.
Batman and Superman are very much the biggest earners WB. Especially when you consider they have vast more material to use with them then others.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #274
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:

You are comparing two completely different things. Especially when you bring up three separate studios. The only one with even good quality control is Marvel Studios.
*cough* IM 3 *cough*

SM2, X2, X:FC - Non Marvel studios produced movies yet some of the best comic book movies ever made.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #275
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Batman and Superman are very much the biggest earners WB. Especially when you consider they have vast more material to use with them then others.
Harry Potter
LotR