The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-21-2013, 05:02 AM   #276
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
*cough* IM 3 *cough*

SM2, X2, X:FC - Non Marvel studios produced movies yet some of the best comic book movies ever made.
You mean the movie better then any of the Spider-Mans? The only X-Men movie that is on that level is FC.

And yes, quality control. These are the studios that produced Spider-Man 3, Origins, the Fantastic Four films, and Last Stand. Just thinking about them sends shivers down my spine.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:04 AM   #277
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Harry Potter
LotR
Harry Potter is done and has been done for 2 years. The Hobbit has two movies left. Are you just being serious about this? It is very clear.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:04 AM   #278
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
You mean the movie better then any of the Spider-Mans? The only X-Men movie that is on that level is FC.

And yes, quality control. These are the studios that produced Spider-Man 3, Origins, the Fantastic Four films, and Last Stand. Just thinking about them sends shivers down my spine.
IM 3 better than the Spider-Man movies? You have GOT to be joking, that movie is worse that SM 3.

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #279
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

To be honest, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 were not exactly "Quality" movies.

And Thor and Captain America were mediocre movies. (IMO.)

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #280
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Harry Potter is done and has been done for 2 years. The Hobbit has two movies left. Are you just being serious about this? It is very clear.
Okay, fair enough, when Hobbit is done then Batman/Superman will be WB's highest earner. I thought you were talking historically rather than right now.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #281
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
To be honest, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 were not exactly "Quality" movies.

imho Marvel Studios has made one 'great' movie and by 'great' I mean, depth, character development and drama and that is Iron Man. The rest of Marvel's movies are just popcorn fun.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #282
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
IM 3 better than the Spider-Man movies? You have GOT to be joking, that movie is worse that SM 3.
Oh, it is easily better and I am not even IM3's biggest fan.

Quote:

TIH was ok, but I don't much like IM2. The rest are good to very good imo. Especially Cap, Thor, Iron Man and the Avengers. The important thing is they seem to also be branching out and just getting better. Look at the reaction to TWS, GotG and Age of Ultron.

Heck, they gave Edgar Wright money to make Ant-Man. Edgar bleeding Wright.

Quote:
Okay, fair enough, when Hobbit is done then Batman/Superman will be WB's highest earner. I thought you were talking historically rather than right now.
Why would I be talking historically? And if we are talking historically, Batman and Superman have made WB far more money then the Hobbit, which is the only WB released LOTR film so far.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:14 AM   #283
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Oh, it is easily better and I am not even IM3's biggest fan.

All about opinions but I think IM 3 is a disastrous movie whilst SM2 (for me) is one of the best superhero movies ever made.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:16 AM   #284
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
The problem isn't the inclusion of Batman. The problem is how they will handle it. If it is the Batman rolls over Superman show, there is no point.
That's also a valid point too. The story arcs for which Snyder & Co. look for ideas matters a lot. I'd be very uncomfortable with a Frank Miller Government Stooge and Batman becoming the main hero of a Superman movie.

BUT

I may be comfortable with a Public Enemies style story having watched the animated movie a little earlier. It was mainly Superman vs Lex Luthor when you really look at it, which is what we all want for the sequel to the movie we saw in theaters yes? Batman was just there assisting Superman clear his name by providing his detective skills and saving him from the Kryptonite. For me as long as Luthor's there messing with Superman as he was nicely set up in MOS, I might be ok with it. Along with that throw in some cameos from other heroes and we might have something going.

smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:16 AM   #285
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
All about opinions but I think IM 3 is a disastrous movie whilst SM2 (for me) is one of the best superhero movies ever made.
Spidey 2 is the only one from the Raimi films I can watch and really enjoy. But it is cliched as all get out, quite cheesy and falls very short of the last 8 years of Superhero films.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:18 AM   #286
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
That's also a valid point too. The story arcs for which Snyder & Co. look for ideas matters a lot. I'd be very uncomfortable with a Frank Miller Government Stooge and Batman becoming the main hero of a Superman movie.

BUT

I may be comfortable with a Public Enemies style story having watched the animated movie a little earlier. It was mainly Superman vs Lex Luthor when you really look at it, which is what we all want for the sequel to the movie we saw in theaters yes? Batman was just there assisting Superman clear his name by providing his detective skills and saving him from the Kryptonite. For me as long as Luthor's there messing with Superman as he was nicely set up in MOS, I might be ok with it.
Yep, all about the story here. If you do this right, it can be the most spectacular, finest superhero film there has been. I

Old 07-21-2013, 05:21 AM   #287
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yep, all about the story here. If you do this right, it can be the most spectacular, finest superhero film there has been. I
Yeah, you can't deny this isn't a cash grab, but it's a hugely ambitious one, a potential game-changer.

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:21 AM   #288
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
WB Executive: So what have you got for us in 2015 Snyder?
Zack: Well we're gonna do Lex and have Superman trying to tackle larger world issues.
WB Executive: ... It's missing something.
Zack: ?
WB Executive: Wait. I've got it. Add Batman.
Zack: ...
WB Executive: Do it.
Is it really the case???
WB's idea?

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:21 AM   #289
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Let's not get into discussing Marvel films' quality here, folks.

And I agree with smallville fan and DarthSkyWalker about how I hope this sequel turns out. Public Enemies is really the story that came to mind when I was thinking it through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificBoy View Post
Yeah, you can't deny this isn't a cash grab, but it's a hugely ambitious one, a potential game-changer.
Again, I agree with all points. And it would definitely boost Superman's popularity and financial drawing power if it turns out well.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #290
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Having Public Enemies adapted to live-action would be a dream come true! Or elements of it anyways.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:23 AM   #291
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:

Fox was run by a different man (Tom Rothman) back then, it all about who is in charge, not the staff working for the studios.

X-2 and Spider-Man 2 are still regarded among the best comic book movies.

*\S/T*
Old 07-21-2013, 05:23 AM   #292
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Spidey 2 is the only one from the Raimi films I can watch and really enjoy. But it is cliched as all get out, quite cheesy and falls very short of the last 8 years of Superhero films.
Meh, each to their own. I know what I want from a superhero movie and SM2 delivered it in spades. There have been few and far between movies that deliver on an action and emotional level (for me) those movies I can count on one hand and SM2 is one of those movie. Of the past 8 years there have only been 4 others for me.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:27 AM   #293
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post

And I agree with smallville fan and DarthSkyWalker about how I hope this sequel turns out. Public Enemies is really the story that came to mind when I was thinking it through.

Again, I agree with all points. And it would definitely boost Superman's popularity and financial drawing power if it turns out well.
Which is why TDKR coming up has irked me so much. The complete antithesis of what they should be trying to do here.

If you are going to boost Superman's profile on film, you don't do it by trashing him. And if you are going to do the first Superman and Batman story, you want them as partners, equals. A story of mutual respect.

A film that can end with both men willingly revealing their true identities to one another. Even if they both already know.

Quote:
(puts out hand to shake)

Superman: I'm Clark, Clark Kent.

Batman: (smirking) I know.

(takes Superman's hand)

Batman: I'm Bruce.
Come on people!!!

Old 07-21-2013, 05:28 AM   #294
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:

Right, we should stop.

Public Enemies would be a great story to adapt with some modifications.

*\S/T*
Old 07-21-2013, 05:30 AM   #295
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Right, we should stop.

Public Enemies would be a great story to adapt with some modifications.

If you are going to adapt anything then adapt the World's Finest animated movie. Also with this news dollars to donuts we see that animated movie given the blu ray treatment

Old 07-21-2013, 05:44 AM   #296
The Sage
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Which is why TDKR coming up has irked me so much. The complete antithesis of what they should be trying to do here.

If you are going to boost Superman's profile on film, you don't do it by trashing him. And if you are going to do the first Superman and Batman story, you want them as partners, equals. A story of mutual respect.

A film that can end with both men willingly revealing their true identities to one another. Even if they both already know.
I don't know if it's true, but I felt like Snyder used that quote to give the audience a clue that Batman would be in the film since like it or not, that is probably the most famous Batman/Superman quote in history.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #297
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't know if it's true, but I felt like Snyder used that quote to give the audience a clue that Batman would be in the film since like it or not, that is probably the most famous Batman/Superman quote in history.
The quote yeah, I just saw that as a bit of fun in introducing Batman. But then I heard he said the film is going to be inspired by TDKR. Which if true, scares the hell out of me.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:00 AM   #298
The Sage
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
The quote yeah, I just saw that as a bit of fun in introducing Batman. But then I heard he said the film is going to be inspired by TDKR. Which if true, scares the hell out of me.
Snyder then introduced Man of Steel actor Harry Lennix to the stage to read something, saying, “We’re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help tell this story.”

Old 07-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #299
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Snyder then introduced Man of Steel actor Harry Lennix to the stage to read something, saying, “We’re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help tell this story.”
So what exactly does that mean? That is some cryptic stuff.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #300
matrix_ghost
milfhunter

I wanna if this is going to be a 3-d movie .
At least shoot the dame thing native.

Rambo is better then viagra. Heck it should be mandatory viewing for us males before we bang our women
matrix_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote