The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #301
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
So what exactly does that mean? That is some cryptic stuff.
Exactly.

There's so many ways it can be interpreted.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #302
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Do not shoot it in 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Exactly.

There's so many ways it can be interpreted.
It is going to be a long 2 years.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #303
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Snyder then introduced Man of Steel actor Harry Lennix to the stage to read something, saying, “We’re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help tell this story.”
Quote:
Cryptic indeed. But as you said, if this is heavily based off of TDKReturns I might get up and leave the theater. If Superman is portrayed as puppet-douchebag-idiot as Frank Miller portrayed him I'm going to riot.

I really hate Frank Miller, completely bastardized Superman. I hope one day a Superman writer makes a Superman story with Bats included as the Adam West version and it becomes massively popular and a classic. Because that's basically what Frank Miller did to Superman. He just took a big ole dump on the first, the greatest, superhero.

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #304
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Marvel - Dedicated studio for Movies
Sony - Spider-Man Sony's biggest earner (right?)
Fox - Have to make movies or the right revert

3 studios all with reasons for making Marvel movies

WB - not a dedicated superhero studio, Batman was big but isn't WB highest earner, also they produce other movies. Also Batman and Superman aside WB superhero efforts have all pretty much failed. Therefore you aren't going to see more than two DC movies from WB a year.

WB's idea was to concentrate on quality rather than quantity until GL shot that down in a hail of bullets.
I will continue to say this and highlight this until the cows come home. This.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #305
J.Howlett

Quote:
They're going to look at the dynamic within that story and take cues and whatnot from it but adapt it to the universe they've created and how it'll relate to their new version of Superman.

That last bit about the drone at the end of the Man of Steel is starting to take on a whole new meaning by them quoting the Dark Knight Returns last night.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #306
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
They're going to look at the dynamic within that story and take cues and whatnot from it but adapt it to the universe they've created and how it'll relate to their new version of Superman.

That last bit about the drone at the end of the Man of Steel is starting to take on a whole new meaning by them quoting the Dark Knight Returns last night.
IF you know anything about Superman, you realize you don't bring up TDKR in relation to him and Batman.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #307
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
IF you know anything about Superman, you realize you don't bring up TDKR in relation to him and Batman.
Agreed

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #308
J.Howlett

Oh, I know. Still, obviously with Kal-El being this alien being that has revealed himself and what we know of with Batman, it's going to be antagonistic at the start. Batman will be a skeptic.

At the end, they'll come to an understanding and possible friendship.

Still, I think this new film will be totally from Superman's perspective. Again, humanity has just found out that they are not alone and that one of the alien beings fought for them. Someone's going to have questions and skepticism about that. Might as well be Batman...and probably Lex.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:26 AM   #309
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh, I know. Still, obviously with Kal-El being this alien being that has revealed himself and what we know of with Batman, it's going to be antagonistic at the start. Batman will be a skeptic.

At the end, they'll come to an understanding and possible friendship.

Still, I think this new film will be totally from Superman's perspective. Again, humanity has just found out that they are not alone and that one of the alien beings fought for them. Someone's going to have questions and skepticism about that. Might as well be Batman...and probably Lex.
That all works. But that is not what they invoke with TDKR talk. Again, it is going to be a long 2 years.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #310
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:

At the end, they'll come to an understanding and possible friendship and then eventual romance.

fixed.

Hey this is a Superman/Batman film.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:30 AM   #311
J.Howlett

Quote:
That all works. But that is not what they invoke with TDKR talk. Again, it is going to be a long 2 years.
I think everything will be fine. I'm just glad they're not really doing what Marvel's doing.

Batman is my number one but we don't need a solo film from him right now. We need Wonder Woman more than anything and I still think that if Justice League comes true and this World's Finest is a success and Flash is a hit, then Justice League will be told from Wonder Woman's point of view because she's the last one left to tell.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:34 AM   #312
mace1
Side-Kick

I think this is a better idea.

Don't go down the marvel road.

They are doing it more like the justice league bruce timm road.

The other solo movies would have better chance to make more money after a superhero team up movie.

See how ironman 3 got more money after his superhero team up film last year.

The bruce timm road is better because first off all they will not be be coping marvel.

Second it worked for the cartoons.
SHOWING BATMAN AND SUPERMAN THEN A GREEN LANTERN AND FLASH CAME IN LATER.

Then the justice league came out later.

When a justice movie comes out,they could have a brief flashback of all thier origins in the movie.The new batman could have brief flashback of his origin in the new batman/superman film just like in the batman film of 1989.

After the justice movie,they could still have a only superman movie later,and the others they could do prequels and have full origin stories for most or some of them 1-2-3 years later.

They will look the same and i don't think they will age that fast,and then there could be part 2 for thier solo stories 1 or 2 years after their prequels or after another justice league movie.

This way is the better way,following the bruce timm way.
This could work.

Last edited by mace1; 07-21-2013 at 07:57 AM.
mace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #313
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

I'm sorry I am trying to be excited about this news but it still rubs me the wrong way. To me I think they should have established Superman and then bring Batman in for the third movie. I get they wanted to compete with Avenger 2 and 9 out of 10 this movie will blow Avengers away but still I just want anther solo Superman movie first I believe that Superman should be given the chance to stand alone for at least two films before adding Batman. I think it would be fine to introduce him to Bruce Wayne but this is not a sequel to Man of Steel it is the prequel to Justice League. IMO the Superman Batman movie really should get its own forum because it is not a sequel to Man of Steel and now 9 out 10 we won't really see a true sequel to Man of Steel till after Justice League.

Superman Earth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:12 AM   #314
Donut
Side-Kick

They could even do a semi Batman origin in this. Have Clark use his powers & easily find out that Batman is Bruce Wayne. Then Clark does his homework on Bruce & we learn about the new Batman through Clarks research

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #315
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I think the only thing you need to see of Batman's origin in a reboot is the moment his parents are killed and him swearing vengeance.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #316
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

The movie is definitely gonna have both Superman and Batman in the title. World's Finest will be a subtitle at best.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #317
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
The movie is definitely gonna have both Superman and Batman in the title. World's Finest will be a subtitle at best.
I think they could just call it Superman Batman tbh

Old 07-21-2013, 07:18 AM   #318
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Okay, so here's a list of pros and cons that I see coming out of this film:

PROS-

1. Batman and Superman fill FINALLY get to share the same screen for the first time in live action format.

2. This will help speed up and forward the movement to the eventual Justice League film, while expanding the DC Universe.

3. Batman is rebooted without having to actually have an entire film devoted to him after only 3 years after Nolan's Dark Knight conclusion.

4. Goyer and Snyder are behind it.

5. The character dynamics between Superman and Batman.

6. This will likely make more money at the BO than a solo Superman sequel film.

CONS-

1. Superman is robbed of his solo sequel film.

2. We won't get a chance to see the necessary amount of time devoted towards seeing how Clark established the persona of Superman to the general public after the events of MOS.

3. Superman is no longer the main protagonist of the film.

4. Goyer and Snyder are behind this project.lol

5. This could mean that we'll never see another solo superman film again if this hits it off right.

6. Superman could very well be overshadowed by Batman's presence and lose every single thing to him in the process.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #319
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

PROS-

1. Batman and Superman fill FINALLY get to share the same screen for the first time in live action format.

2. This will help speed up and forward the movement to the eventual Justice League film, while expanding the DC Universe.

3. Batman is rebooted without having to actually have an entire film devoted to him after only 3 years after Nolan's Dark Knight conclusion.

CONS-

2. We won't get a chance to see the necessary amount of time devoted towards seeing how Clark established the persona of Superman to the general public after the events of MOS.

5. This could mean that we'll never see another solo superman film again if this hits it off right.

6. Superman could very well be overshadowed by Batman's presence and lose every single thing to him in the process.
Your number 4s made me chuckle

Old 07-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #320
J.Howlett

I want the film to be called Men of Tomorrow, not World's Finest. I just think it fits better.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #321
Super Kal
Side-Kick

im cautious about all of this... WF sounds fun and exciting, but this is way too early. plus, Superman needs another solo movie.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #322
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

PROS-

CONS-

2 is what I'm most worried about (other than the Frank Miller thing). I do want to see Superman established as a character people learn to love, doing heroic things and all that, in the sequel.

It will be hard to include all the great elements we were looking forward to in MoS 2 in this movie UNLESS Goyer and Snyder really do tackle this as a MoS sequel featuring Batman, instead of as a true World's Finest movie.

If they do a 70/30 split of Superman/Batman screentime then we can still get all the elements we were probably getting in MoS 2, if the screentime is 50/50 then that probably goes out the window unfortunately. So I'm really really hoping that it's a 70/30 split.

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #323
Project862006
Banned User

yeah i agree i think WF should happen after mos 2

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #324
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Yeah, I'm one of the people that thinks Batman shouldn't be portrayed as a "protagonist" ala the Magneto to Superman's Xavier from First Class.lol

Batman can have his own film for that after they do this and the JL film to devote glorifying him entirely.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #325
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
yeah i agree i think WF should happen after mos 2
What makes World's Finest exciting is seeing Batman and Superman join forces for the first time.

MessiahDecoy123 is online now   Reply With Quote