The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #326
db85usa
HeHe!

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

I think this is going to be awesome and a great move. There will be an insane amount of intrigue how this will play out with a new Batman and not far removed from the TDK trilogy (which is good IMO.) This MoS 2/Batman sequel film could do wonders story wise since Goyer has experience with him as far as writing goes. I just hope the character is totally different than Bale's take. I just don't see a Superman/Batman duo movie without incorporating Lex Luthor. Obviously both Luthor and Wayne Enterprises easter eggs were in MoS... makes me wonder if that is where this sequel is headed

Old 07-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #327
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

i just hope this is lite on Batman and very heavy on Superman.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #328
Project862006
Banned User

i honestly think they need a big name for batman no up and comer and no young actor in his 20's

either bale reprises or get a josh brolin or jon hamm

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:54 AM   #329
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
i just hope this is lite on Batman and very heavy on Superman.
Definitely! I think it would be neat to have it all from the perspective of Superman.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #330
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

why the f do we have several threads on this subject...........

Anywayz........ PLEASE ENJOY

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

DIRECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #331
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i honestly think they need a big name for batman no up and comer and no young actor in his 20's

either bale reprises or get a josh brolin or jon hamm
I wouldn't even mind seeing Karl Urban in the role. He did a great job as Dredd imho.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #332
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Karl Urban would be perfect.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #333
blumatic
Side-Kick

I have to admit..... Snyder has a talent to make things cool. I'm glad Goyer and Snyder seemed excited about it.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #334
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I want something more than just cool though.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #335
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I want something more than just cool though.
So do I. I'm in the camp of Batman having a small role in this film.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #336
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
So do I. I'm in the camp of Batman having a small role in this film.
Agreed; I mean there has to be a balance. There's not as big of a need to give Batman a big arc, but there is a big need to really redefine Superman, especially since one of the BIGGEST beefs that people had with MOS is that they didn't get to see Superman in that many traditional superman-like situations, whether it be working at the DP, being a journalist and investigating with Lois, saving people from natural day events, getting to hear what the public thinks about him, etc.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #337
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed; I mean there has to be a balance. There's not as big of a need to give Batman a big arc, but there is a big need to really redefine Superman, especially since one of the BIGGEST beefs that people had with MOS is that they didn't get to see Superman in that many traditional superman-like situations, whether it be working at the DP, being a journalist and investigating with Lois, saving people from natural day events, getting to hear what the public thinks about him, etc.
Yes. Totally. Listen having Batman is cool. But not as full on team up. Or don't make that the point of the film. I'm thinking they are using this as a selling point with that disappointing Iron man 3 making a billion off the Avengers. IM3 is not a billion dollar worthy film.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #338
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Snyder then introduced Man of Steel actor Harry Lennix to the stage to read something, saying, “We’re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help tell this story.”
Nothing in TDKRs can help tell any story, it has a twisted portrayal of superman as a government puppet

Old 07-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #339
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
Nothing in TDKRs can help tell any story, it has a twisted portrayal of superman as a government puppet
Pretty much this, unless they're planning on doing a twist and presenting Batman as an antagonist in the way that Superman was to Batman in TDKR, with Superman helping Batman find his way back to the light.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #340
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Pretty much this, unless they're planning on doing a twist and presenting Batman as an antagonist in the way that Superman was to Batman in TDKR, with Superman helping Batman find his way back to the light.
batman isnt much of an antagonist threat to superman, given the events of MOS, Zod yes but not batman.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:46 AM   #341
kguillou
Side-Kick

I think we all know what happened. Goyer and Snyder had a meeting with the Warner execs and asked if they had the greenlight for MOS2, the execs told them yes with the caveat of somehow incorporating Batman into the movie as an insurance policy. And I imagine Goyer and Snyder's response was something along the lines of "Um....ooookay?"

At first I didn't know how to feel about this news. I really really wanted a MOS solo sequel but the more I think about this the more I feel this could potentially be amazing if executed right, this could even be better than Avengers 2. Goyer needs to keep this as a Superman film and have Bruce as a supporting character just like Lois Lane, Jenny Olsen and Perry White. Think along the lines of Ironman 2 of how they brought in War Machine, it's still Tony Stark's movie but Rhodey was there to help him kick some extra ass. I'm stoked for this film

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #342
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I think they could just call it Superman Batman tbh
It's probably going to be something like World's Finest. The logo and promo details will tell the rest of the story.

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #343
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

I think that Superman fans should not get upset, look at most of the Batman fans, Batman is not even getting his first solo movie to establish himself.

And it is not needed either, it is a good thing that WB is introducing him in WF movie.

Just imagine that after MOS 2, it will be difficult to make Batman meet Superman for the first time, he is world's finest detective and he doesn't meet Superman ?

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #344
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I think we all know what happened. Goyer and Snyder had a meeting with the Warner execs and asked if they had the greenlight for MOS2, the execs told them yes with the caveat of somehow incorporating Batman into the movie as an insurance policy. And I imagine Goyer and Snyder's response was something along the lines of "Um....ooookay?"

At first I didn't know how to feel about this news. I really really wanted a MOS solo sequel but the more I think about this the more I feel this could potentially be amazing if executed right, this could even be better than Avengers 2. Goyer needs to keep this as a Superman film and have Bruce as a supporting character just like Lois Lane, Jenny Olsen and Perry White. Think along the lines of Ironman 2 of how they brought in War Machine, it's still Tony Stark's movie but Rhodey was there to help him kick some extra ass. I'm stoked for this film
The thing is though, Batman is a much bigger hero and icon than War Machine, so it's harder to imagine him not taking a central role in this film.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #345
georgec
Not a hero

They basically combined MoS 2 and WF into one film. It can work. But at this point WB has no choice but get on the fast track to JL.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #346
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I think that Superman fans should not get upset, look at most of the Batman fans, Batman is not even getting his first solo movie to establish himself.

And it is not needed either, it is a good thing that WB is introducing him in WF movie.

Just imagine that after MOS 2, it will be difficult to make Batman meet Superman for the first time, he is world's finest detective and he doesn't meet Superman ?
Batman just had a successful trilogy done by Nolan that ended last year, with its middle film having served as a game changer for the genre. And now, his looks and style will be done by someone with a visual forte like Snyder.

To be honest, batman fans shouldn't have anything to complain about at this point for the most part.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #347
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Can we stop mentioning Frank Miller's TDKR ? Snyder has already cleared that he is not adapting that story.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 07-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #348
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Can we stop mentioning Frank Miller's TDKR ? Snyder has already cleared that he is not adapting that story.
He's not adapting it, but I think he said that he's taking inspiration from it.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #349
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
I want the film to be called Men of Tomorrow, not World's Finest. I just think it fits better.
I saw someone else post "the clark knight". That's perfect imo.

Dispatch Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #350
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Batman just had a successful trilogy done by Nolan that ended last year, with its middle film having served as a game changer for the genre. And now, his looks and style will be done by someone with a visual forte like Snyder.

To be honest, batman fans shouldn't have anything to complain about at this point for the most part.
This is a different Batman, Nolan's Batman has completed it's story arc, so he should also get an origins movie like MOS, but it's not really needed as Batman's world can be shown in WF movie, same thing for Supes.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !