The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #351
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
He's not adapting it, but I think he said that he's taking inspiration from it.
You always assume the worst.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #352
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
This is a different Batman, Nolan's Batman has completed it's story arc, so he should also get an origins movie like MOS, but it's not really needed as Batman's world can be shown in WF movie, same thing for Supes.
True, though the main point of my argument is that Superman fans are, dare I say, more hungry and starving for Superman to have his own successful franchise.

Christopher Reeve started out with two great superman films, but sadly, it ended on such a bad note, and then we got the ever disappointing film in SR.

And when we finally got MOS, that film divided a lot of people, so when we all thought that we'd get a sequel continuing Superman's story and placing it at the forefront, instead, we're told that he may have to share that spotlight with a new batman.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #353
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
You always assume the worst.
lol; true, but what I also said above is also true. Snyder said it and there isn't a single redeeming thing about Superman from TDKR story line.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #354
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is a different Batman, Nolan's Batman has completed it's story arc, so he should also get an origins movie like MOS, but it's not really needed as Batman's world can be shown in WF movie, same thing for Supes.
Why does Batman need an origin? It was just told. And pieces of it were in Rises. He doesn't need it. And why in a Superman film.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #355
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Look, they want a Justice League movie soon after, they will not alienate Superman fans or the Batman fans, taking from Miller's TDKR will not be a step in the right direction.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #356
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
lol; true, but what I also said above is also true. Snyder said it and there isn't a single redeeming thing about Superman from TDKR story line.
Maybe he is using it for Batman, like most writers/directors have been doing since Batman '89, as well as the premise for the first truly climactic Batman vs Superman fight.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #357
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Maybe he is using it for Batman, like most writers/directors have been doing since Batman '89, as well as the premise for the first truly climactic Batman vs Superman fight.
I honestly don't see the reason for having a Batman vs Superman fight since it's a given for most people here that Batman would win simply because the writers would think that it's more "creative" and less predictable to do so, which is ironic since it's very predictable to know that Batman would be the one chosen to win these scenarios by now.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:07 AM   #358
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
Yes. Totally. Listen having Batman is cool. But not as full on team up. Or don't make that the point of the film. I'm thinking they are using this as a selling point with that disappointing Iron man 3 making a billion off the Avengers. IM3 is not a billion dollar worthy film.
It's going to be quite the challenge -- that's for certain. TBH, we haven't really seen Clark grow into a fully formed version of Superman yet. And there's still so much to recover from and explain in light of what all happened in MOS. Like what I told Audrey the other day, it seems like WB is rushing too fast with everything. Don't get me wrong. Spectacle is fine and all that. I thoroughly enjoyed MOS. Thing is, I was looking forward to a smart, well told story in the sequel. That said, it's hard not to be excited about the prospect of seeing Batman and Superman on the big screen together for the first time. I sincerely hope they do it well. The movie definitely needs to be long -- close to 3 hours; and Batman shouldn't appear until the second half (Bruce Wayne can show his face earlier though).

John Dryden, Absalom and Achitophel
ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #359
db85usa
HeHe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i honestly think they need a big name for batman no up and comer and no young actor in his 20's

either bale reprises or get a josh brolin or jon hamm
Jon Hamm is over the age. He would look like Superman's uncle or something. Have to find someone on or around Cavill's age.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:09 AM   #360
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
It's going to be quite the challenge -- that's for certain. TBH, we haven't really seen Clark grow into a fully formed version of Superman yet. And there's still so much to recover from and explain in light of what all happened in MOS. Like what I told Audrey the other day, it seems like WB is rushing too fast with everything. Don't get me wrong. Spectacle is fine and all that. I thoroughly enjoyed MOS. Thing is, I was looking forward to a smart, well told story in the sequel. That said, it's hard not to be excited about the prospect of seeing Batman and Superman on the big screen together for the first time. I sincerely hope they do it well. The movie definitely needs to be long -- close to 3 hours; and Batman shouldn't appear until the second half (Bruce Wayne can show his face earlier though).
Agreed entirely with this. I can't see why most would be happy about this when you consider how MOS ended in terms of where Clark was at. Clark is just barely starting out as Superman by the end of the film, and before we can see that glorious process of him solidifying himself as Superman, they want to throw him with Batman already?

We just saw so much potential in development and stuff that needed to be covered simply because of Batman's inclusion and the fact that the people at Warner bros. wants something to be shown in 2015 and don't feel confident enough in a solo superman sequel.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #361
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
how would batman fight superman though? with what?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #362
J.Howlett

Quote:
Agreed entirely with this. I can't see why most would be happy about this when you consider how MOS ended in terms of where Clark was at. Clark is just barely starting out as Superman by the end of the film, and before we can see that glorious process of him solidifying himself as Superman, they want to throw him with Batman already?

We just saw so much potential in development and stuff that needed to be covered simply because of Batman's inclusion and the fact that the people at Warner bros. wants something to be shown in 2015 and don't feel confident enough in a solo superman sequel.
Well, then let's just hang it up then. Christ, optimism and hope and excitement turns to straight up despair and negativity and fear in less than 24 hours since the announcement.

I just don't understand why not let things develop, get more ideas and news from the what this thing might be before passing judgement.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #363
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
how would batman fight superman though? with what?
With armour. Or Kryptonite. Or both.

Y'know, the usual suspects.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #364
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Exactly. No back story for Batman. Just appear later in the movie. Let's get the Daily Planet, let's get Superman's introduction on a TV interview (international event), Let's make him the hero. Then bring in Batman.

Saying all of this..... I can't see how this works out unless Batman is portrayed as a quasi bad guy.

I really have no idea how this will play out. Very intriguing.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #365
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
With armour. Or Kryptonite. Or both.

Y'know, the usual suspects.
what kryptonite? wasn't mentioned or heard of in MOS? how does he know its his weakness? and is batman gonna have kryptonian armor? cause if not they wont do much against superman.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #366
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
what kryptonite? wasn't mentioned or heard of in MOS?
The world doesn't stop existing in-between films. Batman, or even Luthor, could discover it in the elapsed time between Man of Steel and World's Finest.

Quote:
how does he know its his weakness?
This could be something he could discover throughout the course of the film.

Quote:
and is batman gonna have kryptonian armor? cause if not they wont do much against superman.
It will if he has Kryptonite, or then again they could just say it's strong enough regardless, and throw out some pseudo-science like it's a carbon fibre nanotube body laced with diamonds to reinforce each plating.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #367
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Quote:
True, though the main point of my argument is that Superman fans are, dare I say, more hungry and starving for Superman to have his own successful franchise.
WB doesn't really care about Superman fans. I know that's blunt, but it's true. They're a multibillion dollar corporation intent on competing with and ultimately surpassing Marvel's shared universe on film. To be honest, though, it's an aggressive industry, so I imagine they feel it's necessary (whether that's true or not) to move along with their agenda as quickly as possible. You never know what can happen in the future. Superhero films are in right now, but, at some point, GA could become fed up with them; and if the films don't generate enough revenue, they won't continue to make them anymore.

John Dryden, Absalom and Achitophel
ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #368
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
what kryptonite? wasn't mentioned or heard of in MOS? how does he know its his weakness? and is batman gonna have kryptonian armor? cause if not they wont do much against superman.
The beauty of having a Batman closer to the comics he has the intelligence to deduce the weakness and the resources to acquire it. Kryptonite is absolutely going to be introduced in the sequel or the Batman Superman show down is going to be very brief indeed, like milliseconds brief.

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #369
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
The world doesn't stop existing in-between films. Batman, or even Luthor, could discover it in the elapsed time between Man of Steel and World's Finest.

This could be something he could discover throughout the course of the film.

It will if he has Kryptonite, or then again they could just say it's strong enough regardless, and throw out some pseudo-science like it's a carbon fibre nanotube body laced with diamonds to reinforce each plating.

"fibre nanotube body laced with diamonds to reinforce each plating" still wouldn't stop heat vision not compensate for his flight,super speed, and etc.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #370
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Micheal Fassbender might be a pretty good Bruce Wayne/ Batman. Given he has black hair for the movie.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #371
Bren
Forevernoob

Unless they discover kryptonite, or Batman recreates that 'kryptonian atmosphere' from MOS, there should be no physical battle between the two.

Otherwise, it doesn't matter what Batman is wearing - be it kryptonian, adamantium, nano-technolodium - inertia remains a b$#@h.

I kinda like the idea that Batman somehow gets involved in the investigation of the World Engine Superman destroyed, and manages to create 'kryptonite' from the trace elements of that atmosphere/tentacle thing that was making Superman cough.

Because there's very little left = very little kryptonite at all.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #372
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Can we stop mentioning Frank Miller's TDKR ? Snyder has already cleared that he is not adapting that story.
Link please.

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #373
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Well what if Batman is part of the process of solidifying him as Superman? I always under the impression that MOS 2 would handle the aftermath of the first film.

Superman's appearance creates concerns and skeptics, Batman being one of them. Superman has to adjust to his role as Earth's protector, deal with the world's reaction, and a vigilante who questions his role. It could all tie together, and do the job of introducing Batman for this new film universe.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #374
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
The beauty of having a Batman closer to the comics he has the intelligence to deduce the weakness and the resources to acquire it. Kryptonite is absolutely going to be introduced in the sequel or the Batman Superman show down is going to be very brief indeed, like milliseconds brief.

even with kryptonite, it will still be brief if you actually think bout it. one guy can move at supersonic speeds and fly, super senses and fire nuclear heat from his eyes....the other guy has a rock which requires him o be nearby close to work.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #375
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
I want the film to be called Men of Tomorrow, not World's Finest. I just think it fits better.
I'm really not fond of that potential title. Why not go with Man of Steel: World's Finest instead?

I'm not keen on titling it Batman vs. Superman (or a variation thereof) either. They can convey that in the marketing campaign, rather than using the title alone as a hook.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote